Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

If It Works, It Ain't Stupid - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If It Works, It Ain't Stupid (11759 Views)

Car Cooling System And How It Works / Car Horn And How It Works / Camshaft And How It Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 26, 2019
If I talk... space no go fill am.
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:23am On Oct 26, 2019
Smartchoiice:
If I talk... space no go fill am.

Talk o!
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:28am On Oct 26, 2019
mejai:
Men, during the days of high testosterone grin, I removed the fan from 230E flat boot and installed it in a peugeot 504 S/W. I was feeling high and a big nwa. Everything was working fine, ac chilling, even my pupsy was seeing a mechanical engineer in his son.

Until one day(4days after) monkey go market, e no come back. In the middle of a hot sun in a terrible traffic, the wagon almost caught fire. Burnt smell, smoke, lo and behold, the fan don kpai.

[img]https://media1./images/c9871e568e065ec0bfa1d52a52de15c2/tenor.gif?itemid=13112899[/img]
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by KINGreignn: 6:28am On Oct 26, 2019
Smartchoiice:

You changed. You stopped sharing knowledge

I spend huge resources acquiring knowledge, I burn midnight candles doing same, sacrificed my joy, my fun, my health and my friends acquiring same knowledge, anyone who wishes to tap from such knowledge should pay for it. It ain't free no more. I can't freely give it and then it will be abused.

1 Like

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 26, 2019
KINGreignn:

I spend huge resources acquiring knowledge, I burn midnight candles doing same, sacrificed my joy, my fun, my health and my friends acquiring same knowledge, anyone who wishes to tap from such knowledge should pay for it. It ain't free no more. I can't freely give it and then it will be abused.
Share. Keep sharing. I share both online and offline. God bless. The day one stop sharing that's the day you start stagnating

8 Likes

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by baconline(m): 7:18am On Oct 26, 2019
KINGreignn:

When u think u have arrived on the knowledge u have u will not share but when u see that u are constantly learning u will readily share as u are also learning from others

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 26, 2019
baconline:

When u think u have arrived on the knowledge u have u will not share but when u see that u are constantly learning u will readily share as u are also learning from others
Funny but true. No one arrives on knowledge. As knowledge itself keeps evolving. Thus you need to keep learning new things and new methods periodically

1 Like

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Talk o!
I will contain myself with pontificating.
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:58am On Oct 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
weld washer to base, weld to empty catalyst

Finished product is ugly ASF grin but works wink

Verrrrrrry interesting. I have a similar issue with my car. Couldn't install spacers on one of my 02 sensors, since it was touching the transmission. Not enough space, usual Nissan wahala.

I'll look into replicating this. I really, really hate having a CEL.
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by oblo(m): 8:21am On Oct 26, 2019
Taking notes... Sebi you mentioned me?? Let me gather enough evidence before I prosecute you..

Apostle must hear this angry
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by oblo(m): 8:24am On Oct 26, 2019
mejai:
Men, during the days of high testosterone grin, I removed the fan from 230E flat boot and installed it in a peugeot 504 S/W. I was feeling high and a big nwa. Everything was working fine, ac chilling, even my pupsy was seeing a mechanical engineer in his son.

Until one day(4days after) monkey go market, e no come back. In the middle of a hot sun in a terrible traffic, the wagon almost caught fire. Burnt smell, smoke, lo and behold, the fan don kpai.

undecided
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 26, 2019
oblo:
Taking notes... Sebi you mentioned me?? Let me gather enough evidence before I prosecute you..

Apostle must hear this angry
Oblo we are expecting your thread on Nissan Murano ownership for about 7 years. Thank you in advance

1 Like

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
I guess I am the only Kazeem on this platform sad

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
I guess I am the only Kazeem on this platform sad
Don't get angry. Mercedes Benz owners don't kazeemize their machines.
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by KINGreignn: 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Don't get angry. Mercedes Benz owners don't kazeemize their machines.

No be for Mercedes Benz group wey person confess say e dey patronize welder to tack his ball joints and tierod ends and also he dey back his linkage and ball joints so them no go make noise?

4 Likes

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by KINGreignn: 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
AB gum to the rescue always when plastic bits break off. Also, when side mirror delaminates from the edge, silicon glue to the rescue.
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
KINGreignn:

No be for Mercedes Benz group wey person confess say e dey patronize welder to tack his ball joints and tierod ends and also he dey back his linkage and ball joints so them no go make noise?
You ehn. I no dey any Benz group
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
KINGreignn:

grin
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by KINGreignn: 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

grin

Aka'tua, Ñákóks, Short'gún and wéyrèpêy are classic perpetuators of these kazeemization acts

1 Like

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2019
KINGreignn:

Aka'tua, Ñákóks, Short'gún and wéyrèpêy are classic perpetuators of these kazeemization acts

We know them.

Das beste oder nichts.

2 Likes

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
thebigkendo:

I will post picture tomorrow grin

Yesterday was Tuesday undecided

1 Like

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2019
I and friends used two spoons to loosen my car tire nuts in order to replace a flat at 12:15 midnight on the highway 505 SRD.
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hi Gazzuz, the images below are my corolla 2010, I noticed the seeming crack /welding few days after it was bought. There's no check engine light, nor any light on the dashboard. However I average 40-42 miles per 1,000 of fuel, that is 6.89L which is way below. Using 26mpg combined, this 6.89L ought to give me 53miles.

Now I noticed from the VIN reports that the car had been reprogrammed in the US in 2017, before it was imported to Nigeria in 2019. This made me think the Catalyst was tampered in the US.
What could possibly be the reason for the seeming high fuel consumption and how can it be resolved.

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
Chuwaa:
Hi Gazzuz, the images below are my corolla 2010, I noticed the seeming crack /welding few days after it was bought. There's no check engine light, nor any light on the dashboard. However I average 40-42 miles per 1,000 of fuel, that is 6.89L which is way below. Using 26mpg combined, this 6.89L ought to give me 53miles.

Now I noticed from the VIN reports that the car had been reprogrammed in the US in 2017, before it was imported to Nigeria in 2019. This made me think the Catalyst was tampered in the US.
What could possibly be the reason for the seeming high fuel consumption and how can it be resolved.
Wrong thread
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by 9icetoo(m): 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
Used 4 minutes him, tube, insulation tape and scotch tape to mend my Skoda Octavia turbo hose.
Hose blew on a trip to Enugu from ph. A journey of 4 hours turned to 6.
Couldn't get the hose in Enugu so got to work patching it. The finished work was impressive and held for two months until I replaced the hose.
Even my in-law who witnessed the fix asked if I was a Kazeem. grin

2 Likes

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by thebigkendo(m): 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Yesterday was Tuesday undecided

Hahaha local man forgot.. I had 3 Owambes to attend.. Local man just got back home
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
thebigkendo:

Hahaha local man forgot.. I had 3 Owambes to attend.. Local man just got back home

ibukun we are waiting cheesy
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
9icetoo:
Used 4 minutes him, tube, insulation tape and scotch tape to mend my Skoda Octavia turbo hose.
Hose blew on a trip to Enugu from ph. A journey of 4 hours turned to 6.
Couldn't get the hose in Enugu so got to work patching it. The finished work was impressive and held for two months until I replaced the hose.
Even my in-law who witnessed the fix asked if I was a Kazeem. grin

interesting .
Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by thebigkendo(m): 11:19am On Oct 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

ibukun we are waiting cheesy

thbigkendo:

I will post picture tomorrow grin

Cc Eddee

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by Babadee1900(m): 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
thebigkendo:

Cc Eddee

If its about this one, virtually all the discharge hoses in my car has been welded. cheesy.

1 Like

Re: If It Works, It Ain't Stupid by KINGreignn: 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
Babadee1900:
If its about this one, virtually all the discharge hoses in my car has been welded. cheesy.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? / Lamborghini Recalls 5,900 Supercars Due To Risk Of Fire / Mercedes-benz Is Rated The Most Valuable European Premium Automotive Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.