Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 (20272 Views)

EndSARS Protesters Get Solar Powered Charging Points To Charge Their Devices / Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by richmoneyoliver(m): 7:59am On Oct 26, 2019
The kind chain dix tecno use tie me bad ghan, ND I wan break this chain but no fit,,,,, I want to be free from the shackles of tecno and infinix spirit in my life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by MartinsD12(m): 8:01am On Oct 26, 2019
solzil:
Infinix hot 8 has no 4G network on GLO and MTN.... Mtchheeeeee
I created the awareness here but people here starting bashing me for pointing out the that cons of not having mtn 4G, the phone is a complete waste of money aside 4G, add 6k highest get Nokia 3.2 or camon 12 air it's manageable than wasting 36500 on something the performance alone is poor not to talk of not having mtn 4G and glo too

2 Likes

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Sirseedorf(m): 8:02am On Oct 26, 2019
Trash as usual
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by femi4: 8:02am On Oct 26, 2019
Still on jelly bean and proud
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Waffarianman(m): 8:02am On Oct 26, 2019
If Tecno can't make large battery Mah of 500/600 and Ir blaster then Tecno is no for me.
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by MartinsD12(m): 8:03am On Oct 26, 2019
R2bees:
What of camon 12?
Camon 12 is covered

1 Like

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Osyxcel(m): 8:06am On Oct 26, 2019
Ajibam:
Lol, when xiaomi has started rolling out Android 11 on its devices.

LMAO.

Android 11 is not out yet. The latest is Android 10.

MIUI is an Android skin by Xiaomi for their phones. The latest is MIUI 11 and that's what is currently being rolled out to their devices.

5 Likes

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 26, 2019
Octopusssy:
I don't know what the fvck I just read.

Layman's English, anyone?

some background

computers, tablets, phones, smart tvs all run on an operating system.
windows, linux, android, ios, blackberry os are all operating systems for different devices
operating systems are typically regularly updated. updates add new features, security etc
general rule of thumb is a one year update cycle

operating systems can be open source and closed source. an open source software can be adjusted by anyone.
closed source software can only be worked on by the owners

android is open source, which is why there are different '' forks' on different devices
IOS is closed source

every year, apple updates ios. once the update is live it rolls out to all iphones and ipads. the only ay it will not be availeble is if your device cannot support the new os. eg i have an ipad mini 3. the new version of ios will not run on it, so the device last update is ios 12 [last year]

in the same way, every year google updates android. however, unlike in the case of apple, where devices and OS are by a single company and therefore seamless, what you find is that the android on an infinix is different from the android on a samsung and is different from the android on a nokia.

that means that the onus to upgrade to a new version of android is on the manufacturer who made his unique fork of android. this is why android is 'fragmented'. while every apple device will probably be on the latest version of IOS, a lot of android devices will NEVER be updated.

Google has been trying to address this with a program called android one - where phone manufacturers make android devices guaranteed to be upgradeable to newer versions of android

eg - the nokia phones are all android one and will be able to update to possibly three or more android updates

tecno is notorious among phone techies for being stuck on the version of android it ships with. some infinix phones are android one and will get newer versions of android. this article is claiming that some models of tecno, infinix, etal will get a newer android update.

why would you want an update? well that depends. updates can bring in more security to your device, and also can lead to baking in of features. things like darkmode, and warm light were once only achievable via third party apps, but are now part of newer versions of android and ios.

i am sure you are more confused now grin

4 Likes

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by dermmy(m): 8:23am On Oct 26, 2019
solzil:
Infinix hot 8 has no 4G network on GLO and MTN.... Mtchheeeeee

Liar cheesy cheesy i can't vouch for GLO but that MTN u talk makes me think your uncle is Lai Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Agugbadin: 8:24am On Oct 26, 2019
Stop the sale of this useless product called infinix in this country. One of the worst phones ever sold in Nigeria. It comes with software problems and get frozen frequently
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by okooloyun1(m): 8:25am On Oct 26, 2019
They are waking up grin grin
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Jossiace: 8:55am On Oct 26, 2019
Infinix Hot 8 has no bands compatible with both Glo and MTN 4G bands.
Glo has band 28 while MTN has bands 7 and 20. But those three bands can't be found on Infinix Hot 8. When Glo finally add band 3 , your Phone will be able to access their 4G. Only Airtel and 9Mobile your Phone will be able to access their 4G. Both Airtel and 9Mible have band 3 which is found in Infinix Hot 8.
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Chelsea82: 8:59am On Oct 26, 2019
R2bees:
What of camon 12?

Camon 12 is the best, Flexing my 4G with all sim, as a heavy user, the battery last well for me.

I can't love less this Camon 12, the phone too good

2 Likes

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by livebyday(m): 9:03am On Oct 26, 2019
Garbage trash fake substandard phones

Sending an ota update is now news

I am sure it will make those their fake phones explode grin

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by eki2000(m): 9:04am On Oct 26, 2019
Tecno and Infinix cannot boast of the high market patronage of 2017, 2018 again. This 2019 was a spoiler for them because Samsung and his junior brothers (Nokia, Oppo, Xiaomi, Vivo and Huawei) entered the market with powerful and affordable budget and midrange devices.
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Obdk: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2019
scarycuteface:
You read that right. Transsion is among the top companies that are set to update some of their devices OS to Android 10. Google recently announced distribution numbers for its Android operating system that put Android 9 Pie at 22.6% of all devices as of August 2019 – this is nearly a quarter of all Android devices when Android 10 launched.

Transsion is the parent company of TECNO, Infinix, itel and Syinix. Transsion Holdings is China’s largest phone exporter and Africa’s leading phone seller. In Q1 2019, Transsion brands like Tecno and Itel accounted for 33.1 % of the shipment volume. In terms of smartphone shipments exclusively, Transsion accounted for 37.4% in Q2 2019 beating Samsung and Huawei who shared 27.4% and 8.7% respectively.

Google lists that Transsion is among the companies that promised to update their devices to Android 10. The same list has companies like ASUS, LG, Motorola, OPPO, Realme, Samsung, Sharp, Sony and vivo. This is a good thing as Android fragmentation has been a huge problem for the operating system hence the small numbers of Android 9 Pie. Google is hoping through Project Treble, these OEMs will quickly update their devices to the recent Android version by the end of the year.

“Many manufacturers such as ASUS, LG, Motorola, OPPO, Realme, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Transsion, and Vivo have committed to updating some of their devices to Android 10 by the end of the year”

We can assume some of the recently launched devices from TECNO and Infinix will get the Android 10 update such as the TECNO Spark 3 Pro (it was in the Android Q Beta test program), the TECNO Phantom 9(its flagship device), the TECNO Camon 12 series and the TECNO Spark 4 series.

For Infinix, we can presume they’ll update the Infinix Hot 8 or the Infinix S5 to Android 10.

The tech giant recently required that all new devices launch with Android 10 already baked in if approved after January 31 2020. Transsion smartphone brands have always launched new devices with an older operating system when the new Android version has been available for months and hopefully this move will bring that change.

https://techweez.com/2019/10/24/transsion-tecno-infinix-android-10-update/

Who wrote this trash. Imagine saying transsion is Chinas biggest phone exporter... Rubbish blogger
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Wettoid123: 9:19am On Oct 26, 2019
olonilu:

Oga hot 8 has MTN 4g network...is that of glo am not sure off

Even my note3 pro has 4g mtn network.
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by paltielx: 9:39am On Oct 26, 2019
Though I admire their marketing strategy, but they should try to improve their 4G network to global one and should shift from using substandard materials to produce their phones
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Bamsherif(m): 9:52am On Oct 26, 2019
Nigerians will complain of tecno and infinix phones....comparing them with iphone, samsung, huawei etc...is not fair because there is a big difference in price....tecno and infinix are focusing on the market where they can make sales and have seen that we only want cheap devices....you can't expect a rat to run like a horse now....you are buying phones at those price range and expecting to have heaven and earth or same quality as iphone and samsung....infinix zero that has very good quality and features for over 100k doesn't hit in the Nigeria market or infinix s3x that came with snapdragon processor which went for above 65k....una buy am? So this thing is a matter of cost of production...if u have money go for top quality phones and stop complaining of infinix and tecno abeg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Zoroaster: 10:07am On Oct 26, 2019
NLSavage:
This phones have been scamming Nigerians since time immemorial. Go for Samsung, iPhone or xiaomi. tecno and infinix is bull crap.
I hope you know half of your countrymen can't afford these phones you listed up here..
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Zoroaster: 10:07am On Oct 26, 2019
KingLennon:
Infinix and tecno have really tried in giving us good phones at a moderate price.
Finally, a reasonable human appears

1 Like

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Jaymaxxy(m): 10:35am On Oct 26, 2019
As at today, the best brand that can be trust when it comes to frequent OS upgrade is Nokia. My Nokia 5 came with Android 7.1.1, I was able to upgrade to Oreo and I'm currently on Android 9 Pie. My friend who got Tecno Camon CX then is still on Nougat.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by solzil(m): 10:43am On Oct 26, 2019
I'm telling you wat I'm using....No 4G on Either of them...My Location is Abuja...
dermmy:

Liar cheesy cheesy i can't vouch for GLO but that MTN u talk makes me think your uncle is Lai Mohammed
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by AgadiNwoke: 10:47am On Oct 26, 2019
[s]
post=83469996:
Still on still.....SAMSUNG: KING OF PHONES!
[/s]
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by francisisking: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2019
KingLennon:
Infinix and tecno have really tried in giving us good phones at a moderate price.
u say?
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by francisisking: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2019
Bamsherif:
Nigerians will complain of tecno and infinix phones....comparing them with iphone, samsung, huawei etc...is not fair because there is a big difference in price....tecno and infinix are focusing on the market where they can make sales and have seen that we only want cheap devices....you can't expect a rat to run like a horse now....you are buying phones at those price range and expecting to have heaven and earth or same quality as iphone and samsung....infinix zero that has very good quality and features for over 100k doesn't hit in the Nigeria market or infinix s3x that came with snapdragon processor which went for above 65k....una buy am? So this thing is a matter of cost of production...if u have money go for top quality phones and stop complaining of infinix and tecno abeg
snapdragon 450 for 65k? na mumu dey buy infinix and tecno.
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Octopusssy(f): 11:33am On Oct 26, 2019
thelastorca:

some background

computers, tablets, phones, smart tvs all run on an operating system.
windows, linux, android, ios, blackberry os are all operating systems for different devices
operating systems are typically regularly updated. updates add new features, security etc
general rule of thumb is a one year update cycle

operating systems can be open source and closed source. an open source software can be adjusted by anyone.
closed source software can only be worked on by the owners

android is open source, which is why there are different '' forks' on different devices
IOS is closed source

every year, apple updates ios. once the update is live it rolls out to all iphones and ipads. the only ay it will not be availeble is if your device cannot support the new os. eg i have an ipad mini 3. the new version of ios will not run on it, so the device last update is ios 12 [last year]

in the same way, every year google updates android. however, unlike in the case of apple, where devices and OS are by a single company and therefore seamless, what you find is that the android on an infinix is different from the android on a samsung and is different from the android on a nokia.

that means that the onus to upgrade to a new version of android is on the manufacturer who made his unique fork of android. this is why android is 'fragmented'. while every apple device will probably be on the latest version of IOS, a lot of android devices will NEVER be updated.

Google has been trying to address this with a program called android one - where phone manufacturers make android devices guaranteed to be upgradeable to newer versions of android

eg - the nokia phones are all android one and will be able to update to possibly three or more android updates

tecno is notorious among phone techies for being stuck on the version of android it ships with. some infinix phones are android one and will get newer versions of android. this article is claiming that some models of tecno, infinix, etal will get a newer android update.

why would you want an update? well that depends. updates can bring in more security to your device, and also can lead to baking in of features. things like darkmode, and warm light were once only achievable via third party apps, but are now part of newer versions of android and ios.

i am sure you are more confused now grin

Heh.

Funny enough I understand better now. You're a good teacher smiley

Can you clarify this -

I thought all Android phone makers have their own forks so they can freestyle with it?
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 26, 2019
Octopusssy:

Heh.

Funny enough I understand better now. You're a good teacher smiley

Can you clarify this -

I thought all Android phone makers have their own forks so they can freestyle with it?

google does not like fragmentation. it is a real mess which defeats the updates to Android. people put in a full year upgrading android, and in the end it is only available to less than 10% of users

androidone is a collaboration between google and phone makers to make future proof devices

https://www.android.com/one/

those are your confirmed android one devices. the ones where you can expect to get your update within 2-3 months.

the rest of them na wash.

as a geek matter, this is why i have a nokia. samsung used to be absolutely messed up with updates rolling out almost a year later. now they are better.
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by NLSavage: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
Zoroaster:
I hope you know half of your countrymen can't afford these phones you listed up here..
true sha but hope you know that other countries don't allow these phones into their market because it is substandard.
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by clems88(m): 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
That one na their business. angry
Abeg what tablet with 3 Gig ram can I get between 50 to 60k
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
New version every time. Shall we now start buying new phone every month?
Re: Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 by Norman4real(m): 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2019
Infinix, maybe!!

Tecno, hell no!! grin grin that's not going to happen

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Transfer Glo Credit To Someone / Samsung Will Earn More On The Iphone X Than On The Galaxy S8 / Infinix Hot S3X Unboxing & First Impressions - To Notch Or Not To Notch(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.