Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,836 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number (19361 Views)

Updated: New HTTP Injector Settings For 9mobile Social Bundle To Power All Apps / Airtel Nigeria Unveils New Number Range, 0901 / Lady Mistakenly Buys N15k MTN Airtime Instead Of N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by StrangeCase(f): 11:19am On May 21, 2021
My bank OTP Still Sends to My old number Instead of the Updated new Number and I went to the bank (FIDELITY BANK ooooo) and complained that my Otp is still sending to my old number which is already blocked and definitely with a new user Instead of the new number I came here to update.

The fidelity bank staff collected every details and told me it is done and that I should try again in 48 hrs which I did but the problem continues. I went back again and they did another magic and said I should try but still the otp still goes to the old number,

I went back again and the staffs there said they have tried their best that they don't know what to do again, lol ( I was shocked- Imagine, are fidelity staffs this Incompetent?). This particular issue has been on for like a month but still fidelity bank staffs couldn't resolve an online banking issue. Quite suprising.

Please Good people of God how can I resolve this issue because it is totally frustrating?

Please help oooooooo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by StrangeCase(f): 11:39am On May 21, 2021
Help is needed please good people of God.

Lalasticlala
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:48am On May 21, 2021
It has been changed but it won't work for some site like piggyvest because they are using latest software....
It can work on wealth.ng
You have to wait for like 2weeks or 1month before CBN upgrade your number...
I have the same issue too when I changed my bvn phone number with access bank

9 Likes

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by StrangeCase(f): 11:53am On May 21, 2021
Jamesbiodun:
It has been changed but it won't work for some site like piggyvest because they are using latest software....
It can work on wealth.ng
You have to wait for like 2weeks or 1month before CBN upgrade your number...
I have the same issue too when I changed my bvn phone number with access bank

It is more than a month already even normal subscriptions like DSTV , Jumia payments still same issue of the otp redirecting to the old line. Why so?

Lalasticlala
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by mekuso89(m): 12:08pm On May 21, 2021
Tell them to change your BVN number nne

6 Likes

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:16pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:

It is more than a month already even normal subscriptions like DSTV , Jumia payments still same issue of the otp redirecting to the old line. Why so?

Lalasticlala
Go to another Fidelity bank to request for bvn upgrade, tell the customer care if you have done it before but it has not been upgraded, they will show you the details, Access bank Ccare show me on their system.
You bvn has nothing to do with your DStv subscription

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by ainas247: 2:14pm On May 21, 2021
meet their manager or someone that knows the stuff.
someone of them doesn't know how... they would delay you for nothing.

meanwhile, if anyone has a business website and you want to rank
it on Google come I will show you 100s proof of results

chat up

2 Likes

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by PussyKing(m): 2:15pm On May 21, 2021
Hmm
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Drsnives(m): 2:15pm On May 21, 2021
E don red for you
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Kobicove(m): 2:15pm On May 21, 2021
The problem is from the bank's end...I think their system is rejecting the number update

2 Likes

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Grace001: 2:15pm On May 21, 2021
If you’re running another bank, move your funds to other bank pending when they will solve the problem

10 Likes

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Whois(m): 2:15pm On May 21, 2021
Go to an ATM, initiate the change on the machine or use online banking

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by STINOS(m): 2:15pm On May 21, 2021
It happened to me until I went to the bank and changed the phone number in my BVN.

6 Likes

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by foreveryoung1515(f): 2:16pm On May 21, 2021
Maybe you should go to twitter and tag them.

1 Like

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by STINOS(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2021
Whois:
Go to an ATM, initiate the change on the machine or use online banking
it won't work. It must be changed in the BVN

2 Likes

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by mrrandomguy: 2:16pm On May 21, 2021
Fidelity is a useless bank. I can't even use their app, anytime I try it tells me that the phone number linked to my account is invalid. When I complained they told me that I recently changed my phone number. How can I change my own phone number and I will not remember.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by ArewaNightmare: 2:16pm On May 21, 2021
Opt out ,go to the bank and request for a phone number replacement form #opari

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Cholls(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:
My bank OTP Still Sends to My old number Instead of the Updated new Number and I went to the bank (FIDELITY BANK ooooo) and complained that my Otp is still sending to my old number which is already blocked and definitely with a new user Instead of the new number I came here to update.

The fidelity bank staff collected every details and told me it is done and that I should try again in 48 hrs which I did but the problem continues. I went back again and they did another magic and said I should try but still the otp still goes to the old number,

I went back again and the staffs there said they have tried their best that they don't know what to do again, lol ( I was shocked- Imagine, are fidelity staffs this Incompetent?). This particular issue has been on for like a month but still fidelity bank staffs couldn't resolve an online banking issue. Quite suprising.

Please Good people of God how can I resolve this issue because it is totally frustrating?

Please help oooooooo

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by richmond500: 2:17pm On May 21, 2021
@ OP, I'm having same problem with my bank too, UBA

2 Likes

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by slawormiir: 2:17pm On May 21, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Chatflick(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2021
V
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Pierocash(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2021
Same with mine, I did bvn update for almost a year now but the bvn number is still reflecting the old line.

Ayam tired o jere!

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Yungbliss(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2021
Go to bank, tell them that you bvn must match with the new number not the old one

3 Likes

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by ManOfCompetence(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2021
I'm having the same issue with fidelity Bank....... I've stopped online transactions because of this otp issue
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Angbakpa(m): 2:18pm On May 21, 2021
It wont work like that.....I had similar issue too. The solution is to get another ATM card, then you OTP Will be sent to you new number.

Thank me later!!

8 Likes

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by 900warriorz: 2:18pm On May 21, 2021
The way banks be frustrating customers these days ehn...na so one bank do me. For 3 good weeks, them no fit update phone number cry
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by ruggedtimi(m): 2:18pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:

Lalasticlala
mine is two years now ..u just have to live with it. Find way and get ur other number
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Wondakind: 2:18pm On May 21, 2021
There is nothing anybody on this platform can do for you na
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by angelfallz(m): 2:19pm On May 21, 2021
I hope you find a solution very soon.
However, i am surprised, do people still use OTP? Bank apps should have taken care of that.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by richmond500: 2:19pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:

Lalasticlala
mine is more than a year sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Of These Phones Was Your First?(pic) / What Is It With Refurbished Phones? / Budget Of 40k, Which Phone Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.