Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41330 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
buzugee:

come to think of it, technically i moved abroad (to nigeria) and now i am back home ? grin
Welcome back, dont come again.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2010
invisible!:

Welcome back, dont come again.
grin grin hater. unlike all these people i do love nigeria. i had a tremendous time there. my memories of naija are filled with joy. i had tonnes of good friends. i made acquaintances for life. the food was great. the only thing i hated was the heat but then you get used to it, or just buy baseball caps and shades.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2010
Siena:

Hmmh, you sound so bitter, and full of bile. Not everyone will share your views.
Bitter? You are wrong there. Just pointing out the truth in fake living, a butterfly mistaking itself to be a bird should be told the truth.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by 190: 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2010
debosky is pissed because ive stayed abroad for 19yrs and hes only 19days old in london
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
invisible!:

Bitter? You are wrong there. Just pointing out the truth in fake living, a butterfly mistaking itself to be a bird should be told the truth.

But how can you speak for others? You can only speak for yourself. Everyone will have different memories of Nigeria, and home means different things to different people.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by chiegemba(f): 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2010
But how can you speak for others? You can only speak for yourself. Everyone will have different memories of Nigeria, and home means different things to different people.
True talk!!! thumbs up. . . .  dere r some posts/ thread dat isnt worth replyin sef . . . . its just energy channeled 2wards d wrong direction majorly. . . .  undecided
grin grin grin how u  carry send me abroad? i follow bush come here oo  grin grin
hahahaha na true talk my broda. . .  i just remember now  tongue grin btw wen i suppose visit sef cheesy
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
just a trick blog to get the i.d of nairalanders foreign-based!!!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
Siena:

Home will always mean many things to anyone, till the truth hits them in the face and they are forced to eat their words. Then they come back and face the real 'home'
ask those ibos who ran back during sharia riots or abiola riots.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2010
chiegemba:

True talk!!! thumbs up. . . . dere r some posts/ thread dat isnt worth replyin sef . . . . its just energy channeled 2wards d wrong direction majorly. . . . undecidedhahahaha na true talk my broda. . . i just remember now tongue grin btw wen i suppose visit sef cheesy

grin grin grin grin ur mouth go kill u,
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by abhosts(m): 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2010
Nigeria is the best place to live on earth IMHO. Yankee and Jand  become boring when one stays there beyond 2 weeks. They are only good for short holidays and shopping.

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2010
chiegemba:

True talk!!! thumbs up. . . .  dere r some posts/ thread dat isnt worth replyin sef . . . . its just energy channeled 2wards d wrong direction majorly. . . .  undecidedhahahaha na true talk my broda. . .  i just remember now  tongue grin btw wen i suppose visit sef cheesy

Isnt worth replying yet you replied? What wisdom you have.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2010
abhosts:

Nigeria is the best place to live on earth IMHO. Yankee and Jand  become boring when one stays there beyond 2 weeks. They are only good for short holidays and shopping.

God Bless Nigeria
i strongly concur with this post. yankee and jand are only sweet if you are into boozing or smoking weed. thats the only excitement in that part of the world. it revolves around bars or pubs. once you get past that age of doing those things ? it becomes boring. that is the age when people start craving the cohesive community togetherness of naija. good post
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2010
gmyguy:

just a trick blog to get the i.d of nairalanders foreign-based!!!
Are they so important, or do you think its everyone that is foreign based that has any value?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by chiegemba(f): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2010
Isnt worth replying yet you replied? What wisdom you have.
enough 2 know dat i dont ave 2 reply 2 ur post so I'll pretend I didnt c ur post. . .  wink grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2010
chiegemba:

enough 2 know dat i dont ave 2 reply 2 your post so I'll pretend I didnt c your post. . .  wink grin
Used to have an enugu state GF by name Chiegeonu Mbah, I pray it shouldnt be you.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
invisible!:

Used to have an enugu state GF by name Chiegeonu Mbah, I pray it shouldnt be you.

Wake up from ur nightmare
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2010
190:

debosky is pissed because ive stayed abroad for 19yrs and hes only 19days old in london

19 years abroad? Congrats, have you started growing natural curly hair yet?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2010
I wanted to leave when I was younger like everyone else. But as I aged, abroad lost its appeal to me. Call me what u will, I'm someone who cringes anytime I see black people abroad posing unabashedly infront of a landmark or impressive display a white man built with his brains, sweat and toil. I will live in Africa and will die in Africa. Lets roll up our sleeves and do what needs to be done to propel the black race. Africa is home
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by chiegemba(f): 10:56pm On Nov 12, 2010
nah no worriess it aint me. . .  but anyhow sha its all gud. . . . i hope u find ur GF "Chiegeonu Mbah" someday smiley takia!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by debosky(m): 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2010
190:

Sharrap there. . . . . yeye boy that applied for visa to sample oyinbo kitty.  grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2010
justwise:

[/b]

Wake up from your nightmare

Am wide awake now, come and work in ma plantation?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 11:00pm On Nov 12, 2010
debosky:

Sharrap there. . . . . yeye boy that applied for visa to sample oyinbo kitty.  grin
debo, know what, I think oyibo girls cant lay a finger on our naija sisters. The one tumbling with me earlier today was da bomb! Never seen anything like it before.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by debosky(m): 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2010
^^ you do well. grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2010
invisible!:

Am wide awake now, come and work in ma plantation?

Dream on
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by chiegemba(f): 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2010
grin grin grin grin your mouth go kill u,
my mouth kill me ke? abeg talk jor wen i suppose come visit u. . . . no change topic grin cheesy
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Redman44(m): 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2010
People need to ask themselves these question:

Have I really achieved my dreams abroad?

The bitter truth is that 85% of Nigerians who moved abroad [ including the ones born in Europe and North America ] are not finding things easy. A good number of them have come to realize that though they have solid infrastructure all around them and have access to food and good healthcare, they are not really fulfilled. They can't boast of having quality savings in their bank account and only live on their wages. Though most Nigerians in Europe and America have access to a lot of opportunities, only about 25% are making good use of them. No one would love to come and wash his or her dirty linen on Nairaland. However, we all know where the shoe pinches us sad sad sad sad

On the other hand, a few Nigerians are doing well in their spheres of influence smiley smiley smiley. These are the ones that are entrepreneurs or are in the academia or are brilliant professionals. I have also observed that many Nigerians abroad are not interested in acquiring technical skills in Plumbing, Electricals and wiring, roofing, painting etc. Artisans make a lot of money abroad but many Nigerians are ignorant of these technical careers.  The issue of having 'legal status' is hampering the progress of many Nigerians abroad and we are generally not supportive of one another cry cry cry  

Are you fulfilling your dreams abroad?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2010
Horayce:

I wanted to leave when I was younger like everyone else. But as I aged, abroad lost its appeal to me. Call me what u will, I'm someone who cringes anytime I see black people abroad posing unabashedly infront of a landmark or impressive display a white man built with his brains, sweat and toil. I will live in Africa and will die in Africa. Lets roll up our sleeves and do what needs to be done to propel the black race. Africa is home

I will never leave naija, unless in a coffin. The type of opportunities I jam everyday is surprising. My tap root is digging deeper into naija and making it impossible to leave. For those outside, goodluck.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 11:12pm On Nov 12, 2010
chiegemba:

my mouth kill me ke? abeg talk jor wen i suppose come visit u. . . . no change topic grin cheesy

grin grin grin anytime
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2010
If I had moved 'abroad' like some of you shysters,  i would probably have convinced myself too that I live the better life.
but, I would always regret that I couldnt/wouldnt make a good life at Home
and I would never speak ill of my fatherland

emi o ni fi owo osi juwe ile baba mi

think about it, shysters
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 11:14pm On Nov 12, 2010
Redman44:

The bitter truth is that 85% of Nigerians who moved abroad [ including the ones born in Europe and North America ] are not finding things easy. A good number of them have come to realize that though they have solid infrastructure all around them and have access to food and good healthcare, they are not really fulfilled. They can't boast of having quality savings in their bank account and only live on their wages. Though most Nigerians in Europe and America have access to a lot of opportunities, only about 25% are making good use of them. No one would love to come and wash his or her dirty linen on Nairaland. However, we all know where the shoe pinches us sad sad sad sad

On the other hand, a few Nigerians are doing well in their spheres of influence smiley smiley smiley. These are the ones that are entrepreneurs or are in the academia or are brilliant professionals. I have also observed that many Nigerians abroad are not interested in acquiring technical skills in Plumbing, Electricals and wiring, roofing, painting etc. Artisans make a lot of money abroad but many Nigerians are ignorant of these technical careers.  The issue of having 'legal status' is hampering the progress of many Nigerians abroad and we are generally not supportive of one another cry cry cry  

strong points. where you been hiding ?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2010
Redman44:

[b]The bitter truth is that 85% of Nigerians who moved abroad [ including the ones born in Europe and North America ] are not finding things easy. A good number of them have come to realize that though they have solid infrastructure all around them and have access to food and good healthcare, they are not really fulfilled. They can't boast of having quality savings in their bank account and only live on their wages. Though most Nigerians in Europe and America have access to a lot of opportunities, only about 25% are making good use of them. No one would love to come and wash his or her dirty linen on Nairaland. However, we all know where the shoe pinches us sad sad sad sad
On the other hand, a few Nigerians are doing well in their spheres of influence smiley smiley smiley. These are the ones that are entrepreneurs or are in the academia or are brilliant professionals. I have also observed that many Nigerians abroad are not interested in acquiring technical skills in Plumbing, Electricals and wiring, roofing, painting etc. Artisans make a lot of money abroad but many Nigerians are ignorant of these technical careers.  The issue of having 'legal status' is hampering the progress of many Nigerians abroad and we are generally not supportive of one another cry cry cry  [/b] Are you fulfilling your dreams abroad?
Seriously where did some of you get these figures u throw around anytime issues like this comes up? How many Nigerians living 'outside' Nigeria do you know? Yes Somalia is 'abroad' too
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 12, 2010
Redman44:

Great post.

God bless you !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34)

A US F-35 Jet Fighter Crashes For The First Time,Pilot Ejects Safely / Thread For France Prospective Students / Emirates Lands In Nigeria In Style [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.