Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON (22465 Views)

Pre-Election Violence: Military, Others Begin Raids On Hoodlums’ Hideouts / DICON Partners With Innoson Vehicles In Producing Military Hardware (Photos) / Bishop Kukah: Buhari Has Promoted Tribalism, Religion In Military, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by Paulo3ree(m): 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2019
logohaven1:
Things have been happening differently recently oh.

Get your existing logos to speak for u, give em a 3d look today for just 1k. Don't take too long.

What's the best fonts and logo for this business name?
ELECTRIK OZONE
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by NGpatriot: 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
peterpetrelli:
oga turkey na state for Nigeria abi

China is where she is today because they didn't do shallow thinking like you people, they absorbed foreign partners to steal and transfer technology, you can not develop just by sticking to your crude and local technology, let the manufacturers in Abia go to the new factory to learn and copy the latest manufacturing technology and production.

The largest garment factory in West Africa is in Osun state, they make uniforms for the Nigerian Military, Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB), Lagos Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) and so on, but they are not crying and complaining because there's growth and opportunity for all to thrive compete and expand, only people in that side of the country cry and complain all the time, it's like they can not do anything without crying, begging and attacking the FG.

How hard is it to do something that other states are doing on their own without the usual blame, victim and ransom holding mentality?
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by TheStarsAlign: 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2019
chijioke17:

China

No country on earth is sustainable without another country. China also import like crazy. Better talk about what you know.

The important thing to consider in all the transactions should be your balance of trade.
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by Goel: 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2019
urahara:

Lmao , all these countries you have listed are mega importers . These countries import more than the whole of Africa combined.
The shopping list of these countries is much longer & advanced. There is nothing that Africa makes and they can't.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by urahara(m): 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
chijioke17:

Look at what I quoted, he said "name one country that has gotten rich by being self sufficient ". Cjina may no longer be self sufficient, but they got rich bt being self sufficient. If you research on the economical history of china, you'll realise that at a point, they closed their borders. No import or export. Took advantage of their man power. China is one of the biggest technology locations if not the biggest economy in the world. Thanks to their hard stand. Lastly, please be sure of facts before you counter a claim

@ grandstar , see me see trouble , this guy thinks communist China laid the foundation for China's modern success.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by Blue3k(m): 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
urahara:

@ grandstar , see me see trouble , this guy thinks communist China laid the foundation for China's modern success.

China didn't start progressing until the opened up their economy. The allowed for free trade zones along the coast and then USA allowed them to join WTO around the 70's if I recall. I really dont understand how people think Maoist China's great leap into starvation was a great policy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by greenguy: 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
This doesn't make sense:

Why a special company for defense outfits when a private contractor can handle it better even with with security guaranteed, moreover we know how government corporations are currently mismanaged?

Why partnership with Turkey, we have the man power, raw materials and technology?

Why Kaduna, when large garment factories are scattered all over the country which can handle everything required from head to toe, mainly in the south, Aba and Calabar especially?

This looks more like one of those desperate ideas of Mr. President to ensure the North is ahead, can he ever make an objective decision without a tribal agenda?
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by logohaven1: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
Paulo3ree:

What's the best fonts and logo for this business name?
ELECTRIK OZONE

It depends. There's no such thing as perfect boss. Art is interpreted in so so so many ways.
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by urahara(m): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2019
Blue3k:

China didn't start progressing until the opened up their economy. The allowed for free trade zones along the coast and then USA allowed them to join WTO around the 70's if I recall. I really dont understand how people think Maoist China's great leap into starvation was a great policy.

They literally called their own economic miracle " the opening of China " but yet some ignorant nairalanders keep on typing poo that Maoist China is the reason for China's success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by NGpatriot: 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
greenguy:
This doesn't make sense:

Why a special company for defense outfits when a private contractor can handle it better even with with security guaranteed, moreover we know how government corporations are currently mismanaged?

Why partnership with Turkey, we have the man power, raw materials and technology?

Why Kaduna, when large garment factories are scattered all over the country which can handle everything required from head to toe, mainly in the south, Aba and Calabar especially?

This looks more like one of those desperate ideas of Mr. President to ensure the North is ahead, can he ever make an objective decision without a tribal agenda?

Let's not be always self centered and shortsighted, think Technology transfer. First bring the best/world class technology, copy and transfer the technology to your local industries to grow and scale up.

Yes, there are local garment manufacturers in Nigeria, in fact, the largest in West Africa is in Osun state, but are they armed with the capacity and technology to produce world class and quality military and paramilitary outfits not only for our local consumption, but also for the export market? No, they are not.

China is the world manufacturing hub today because they transferred technology from other countries, relying on your own crude and local ways of doing things won't get you anywhere unless you bring in the best and learn from them.

Many foreign companies can not sell in China unless they open up manufacturing plants in China, why? Because they want that Technology on their soil to copy and transfer to their own local industries, It's called taking shortcuts. You save time and money while handing over to your local industries everlasting capacity to produce quality products and compete on the world stage.

Crawling is part of growing, but we are too shortsighted in Nigeria, we don't want to crawl, we just want to be world class overnight without doing the work.

Btw, it's easy to say we have the manpower, but what kind of manpower in trained manpower in the latest manufacturing Technics and technology?

We don't even have the raw material and technology.
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by greenguy: 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
NGpatriot:

Let's not be always self centered and shortsighted, think Technology transfer. First bring the best/world class technology, copy and transfer the technology to your local industries to grow and scale up.

Yes, there are local garment manufacturers in Nigeria, in fact, the largest in West Africa is in Osun state, but are they armed with the capacity and technology to produce world class and quality military and paramilitary outfits not only for our local consumption, but also for the export market? No, they are not.

China is the world manufacturing hub today because they transferred technology from other countries, relying on your own crude and local ways of doing things won't get you anywhere unless you bring in the best and learn from them.

Many foreign companies can not sell in China unless they open up manufacturing plants in China, why? Because they want that Technology on their soil to copy and transfer to their own local industries, It's called taking shortcuts. You save time and money while handing over to your local industries everlasting capacity to produce quality products and compete on the world stage.

Crawling is part of growing, but we are too shortsighted in Nigeria, we don't want to crawl, we just want to be world class overnight without doing the work.

Btw, it's easy to say we have the manpower, but what kind of manpower in trained manpower in the latest manufacturing Technics and technology?

We don't even have the raw material and technology.

I have seen your posts and and replies here and it's proper to say you're paid for all this promotion you're doing on this forum.

All your arguments are one sided without consideration of facts and you chose to see only what you chose to see. I'd say I was a bigger fan of Buhari than you are but I never lie to myself.

Anyway, your example about China isn't apt and is not the same thing as the Nigerian scenario. Countries run to China mainly because the environment is enabling for business and there's cheap manpower, not for technology.
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by IamAtikulate: 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Buhari is really working on compensating us for his average performance in the first term

Buhari should allow Nnamdi Kanu to come and bury his mother jare.. the Coward has been wailing on social media

A Yoruba Moslem must show himself
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by NGpatriot: 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
greenguy:

I have seen your posts and and replies here and it's proper to say you're paid for all this promotion you're doing on this forum.

All your arguments are one sided without consideration of facts and you chose to see only what you chose to see. I'd say I was a bigger fan of Buhari than you are but I never lie to myself.

Anyway, your example about China isn't apt and is not the same thing as the Nigerian scenario. Countries run to China mainly because the environment is enabling for business and there's cheap manpower, not for technology.

The only reason they go to China is the population and the huge market.

The don't have to pay you and you don't have to be a fan of Buhari to know that.
Re: Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON by igbesachick: 5:11am On May 08, 2022
Goel:

I bet you guys won't deny about the problem that any of you don't have two enemies with nuclear weapons in immediate neighborhood unlike India. We have to take care of one-sixth of humanity while taming them too, daily

taming china and pakistan ? no one in china take you india seriously, much less to be an enemy. actually, 50% chinese can not point out india on the world map .

last time, when your indian top general was killed in the helicopter accident, our chinese gave zero report. that is too un-newsworthy . we dont even need any negative news from india in order to make fun of you indian.

we dont want to hear or know ANY thing from you dirty indian. uncivilized and undeveloped.

remember, get the mention of china off your indians' mouths. no creepy obssession with china ok ?

we dont even mention 1962 in our textbooks. we know it from youtube. hahahahhh.

in chinese social media, disgusting curry slush [vids transferred from youtube shot by indians who are proud of india curry] is the only impression we have of india, since wiping ass with hands and rampant of rape cases , things like these are censored by chinese social media.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Kill 15 People In Sokoto, Kidnap Hundreds / Buhari Hosts Northern Christian Leaders At The State House / Why Buhari Met Akpabio In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.