Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others (30593 Views)

Proforce Armoured Vehicles Produced In Ogun, Bought By UN & Shipped To Somalia / Aisha Yesufu Hails Farouk Osuolale For Innoson Logo Improved Design / Nigerians React As Anambra Lawmakers Reject Prado Suvs For Innoson SUVs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

BIAC AUTOMOBILE China must be proud of Africans stupidity they must see us as gullible chimps to use simple rebadging tricks on

What Nigeria fvcking needs is a fully opreational Ajaokuta steel plant

Only the wise will understand smiley
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by IamAtikulate: 2:04pm On Oct 26, 2019
More from IVM

Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
SoNature:

Don't be deceived, every Igbo man is a
Biafra
This Nigeria govt are so daft

I don't know why they cannot quickly grant the 5 eastern states thier Biafra, so that we can quickly lock our borders against them. so that you people will feel what the Beninoise, nigereins and Ghanaians are feeling.
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by SoNature(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
This Nigeria govt are so daft

I don't know why they cannot quickly grant the 5 eastern states thier Biafra, so that we can quickly lock our borders against them. so that you people will feel what the Beninoise, nigereins and Ghanaians are feeling.

Don't worry....

You are a young person

When you have that chance, make it happen
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by naptu2: 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2019
I watched the NTA News one night in 1988 or '89 and I saw the Malaysian ambassador to Nigeria visit Dodan Barracks and present a car to President Babangida. That car was the first car that was "made in Malaysia".

The next day and for the rest of the week, I read these horrible articles in Nigerian newspapers. They followed a similar pattern - "Malaysians came to Nigeria in the 1960s to take samples of palm oil and now they are the biggest producers of palm oil in the world while Nigeria is lagging behind. They've gone a step further and they are manufacturing cars, while Nigeria can only assemble cars".

The reason that I was annoyed in 1989 was because I knew what that car was. It was a Proton Saga. That is, it was basically a rebadged Mitsubishi Lancer! Peugeot had been producing Peugeot 504 cars that had more Nigerian content in them than this Proton Saga-Mitsubishi Lancer had Malaysian content, but Nigerians (who have absolutely no self confidence) were praising the Malaysians, while crucifying Nigeria.

In the year 2000, Proton produced its first all Malaysian car, the Waja (and this car also had a Mitsubishi engine, but it was designed in Malaysia and most of its components were made in Malaysia).

The same Nigerians will also not give Innoson a chance. Lots of car companies started out the way that Innoson has started out, but many Nigerians would rather mock, condemn and wish it evil than criticize constructively and appreciate what they are doing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by IamAtikulate: 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
PopeFlatino:

Friends I need advice..I need prayers the most...Am totally heartbroken and shattered as well..

I came Bak to bet9ja virtual this week after months of absence...

Brothers my lost today made is #45000 total loss for just this week cry
And I don't work..

Please pray for my soul
Join agbero like your brothers or start selling oni bread or agbo like your sisters.

You are jobless but to insult ndi Igbo, you will open your ewedu mouth

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by explosiveskull(m): 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2019
It's very simple, allocate fund for defense research like how USA, China, Israel Dem do and see wonders.
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by IamAtikulate: 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
naptu2:
I watched the NTA News one night in 1988 or '89 and I saw the Malaysian ambassador to Nigeria visit Dodan Barracks and present a car to President Babangida. That car was the first car that was "made in Malaysia".

The next day and for the rest of the week, I read these horrible articles in Nigerian newspapers. They followed a similar pattern - "Malaysians came to Nigeria in the 1960s to take samples of palm oil and now they are the biggest producers of palm oil in the world while Nigeria is lagging behind. They've gone a step further and they are manufacturing cars, while Nigeria can only assemble cars".

The reason that I was annoyed in 1989 was because I knew what that car was. It was a Proton Saga. That is, it was basically a rebadged Mitsubishi Lancer! Peugeot had been producing Peugeot 504 cars that had more Nigerian content in them than this Proton Saga-Mitsubishi Lancer had Malaysian content, but Nigerians (who have absolutely no self confidence) were praising the Malaysians, while crucifying Nigeria.

In the year 2000, Proton produced its first all Malaysian car, the Waja (and this car also had a Mitsubishi engine, but it was designed in Malaysia and most of its components were made in Malaysia).

The same Nigerians will also not give Innoson a chance. Lots of car companies started out the way that Innoson has started out, but many Nigerians would rather mock, condemn and wish it evil than criticize constructively and appreciate what they are doing.
1989, I wasn't even born then.

Yoy don dey, boss.
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by Bluntemperor: 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
A good way to go.Locally made goods,local vehicles,local Rice etc.gradually,we will get there.But your State Emperors and other powers who are used to foreign goods, stealing Estacodes for personal gains will not let be.Greed and unpatriotic elements are our major problems.
Ironically,if we go local,the Major Foreign Currencies(Dollars,Pounds,Euro etc)of the world will fall and the world will be looking for Naira as it's value increases.Why can't we find out from Executives, Ministers,Senators- that a Policy be put in place that 60% of what we use in Nigeria MUST come from locals.That in itself is a Revolution for Nigeria break- through.I doubt if Foreign Agents(including-Discos for 24/7 light) parading themselves as Nigerians will co-operate.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by HowDareU: 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2019
Apart from patronizing locally produced military gadgets and defence-wares, the Armed Forces should invest more on Intelligent Gathering. I listed ten Intelligent Gathering methods in my blog. www.securitymattersafrica.com
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by udemzyudex(m): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
Tospringe:

That's a blatant lie. He was hated! Majority of people that openly opposed his Speakership ambition are Igbos. People like:

Chidi Odinkalu
Afam Ogene
Imo Ugochinyere
Jackson Ude
Austin Okweke etc.

Funny,and you think there is no Yoruba person that opposed his speakership too?
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by Cajal(m): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
The same gbaja passionately hated and despised by Igbos and thier sympathizers
..they wanted APC Rebel for the post against the interest of Nigeria
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by pokuasi: 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
Is as simple as this, let somebody with the requisite expertise set the standard for the manufacturers..
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by googi: 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ignore some of the negative comments here, what is finally coming out is awareness from Nigerians that the days of imports are numbered.

The Greeks and Romans stole technology from Lower and Upper Egypt (Sudan), the Germans and British (called Barbarians) stole technology from Greeks and Romans, the Americans stole technology from Europe. The Japanese and Chinese stole technology from Americans.

You got the point?

Nigerians are excessively greedy trying to avoid the poverty trap. This is why locally made products are priced above imports.

The reason politicians salaries are above American or European politicians'.

No amount of artificial demand by Government can save locally made products. It is a start and incentive but the real demand come from people that can afford locally made products.
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by Dagrace01(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
Talk is cheap though, but for the fact that this is being discussed in the house, I believe we on the verge of something. I remember when growing up, alot of people came out with different makeshift innovations, they weren't encouraged, infact, heaven knows where those people with great ideas are now. For the fact that innoson and proforce are thriving gradually now is a good thing. Local rice is growing gradually too. Dangote's refineries project too is a great development. We can do this, we only need perseverance and determination as a nation. But the mindset of embezzlement and corruption that we have is a big obstacle.
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by abbiboy: 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Get sense for once..bitter bigot!
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by wasiudvd(m): 3:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

BIAC AUTOMOBILE China must be proud of Africans stupidity they must see us as gullible chimps to use simple rebadging tricks on

He go better for you for this comment
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by okenwa101(m): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
NOETHNICITY:

and whats this to this tread, many need to desert this country for it to be save.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by seunoj: 3:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Only the wise will understand smiley

Ok
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by ade002: 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
Horlami4u:
Local..when we no even trust ourselves. Takes of trusting what is been made in our country... you are on your own if you trust local product

We must fail before we succeed. For one to appreciate success he must learn from others: failure included. Do you know how many failures NASA had before getting to the moon. To day we depend on them for space tech.
Lets patronize our own , criticize our mistakes and improve on our product.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by engrchykae(m): 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

[b] What Nigeria fvcking needs is a fully opreational Ajaokuta steel plant [/b]what if I tell you that there will be technology transfer between the Chinese and Nigerians in the space of 50 years?
I know that by now,there is a handful of Nigerians working in proforce and ivm with good know how in automobiles.
Don't ever underate your compatriots.
Teach them the basics and they will lecture you on the advanced

Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by xamuel17(m): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
NOETHNICITY:

Hate what? ..... Nairaland should ban people like you for instigating and stereotyping tribes....

Lucky enough nairaland is a faceless forum that's why you can spill trash ...so carry on!
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2019
netpro:
Under this administration, there is a serious National Consciousness.

All hands must be on deck to produce and grow Nigerian made.
Taah!! Dis is the most divisive & distrustful govt since return to democracy. Seems you weren't born when OBJ was in govt. Proudly naija came to the fore then
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by ajl: 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
I dont think these politicians can ever imagine that one day all the sophisticated defence equipment can be manufactured locally in Nigeria. It's not rocket science. If you invest in education, the military and the right industry it's all possible. The collaborative work between universities and the military in the US is why the US is far ahead today.
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by tck2000(m): 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2019
Naija To The World
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by NGpatriot: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2019
Buhari govt. gives Innoson Motors enormous support, patronage - Innocent Chukwuma

Chief Innocent Chukwuma, Chairman, Innoson Group of Companies Nigeria limited, says the Federal government, under President Muhammadu Buhari, has given enormous patronage and support to his firm, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM).
Chukwuma made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Nnewi, Anambra.

He also named Enugu, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Imo, Kogi, Anambra, Gombe, and Bauchi as well as Nigeria Military among the states buying Innoson vehicles.

Chukwuma further told NAN that if patronage is given to his firm, IVM is sustained, the firm could transform Nigeria into vehicle manufacturing hub in Africa in no distant time.

He said that apart from doing well in production capacity, the company recently employed between 7,300 and 7,500 workers to boost production capacity.

“With more support and patronage from Nigeria, we hope to expand our vehicle manufacturing firm to help provide more employment to our youths.”

https://www.pulse.ng › news › local › innoson-motors-owner-says-buhari

The game changer for Innoson is PMB's directive to all government agencies to buy from innoson, this is major coupled with the fact that the Nigerian military is also a major innoson customer.

Unfortunately, many in that region are too shallow and tribalistic to see beyond their nose, the people they vote for and support did nothing to help this company. The former senate VP and house speakers cared less about innoson.

The fact is, the current administration did more to help, support and patronize innoson more than his own region and previous administration combined.
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by tck2000(m): 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Debaiz:

I believe if we start forcing local products on ourselves, we’d start building trust.

A Yoruba man will know that he has to be friendly with his Igbo and Hausa Neighbours to sell his product

An Igbo man will have to be friendly with his Yoruba and Hausa friends who will buy his cars and his other things

Hausa has to befriend igbos and Yoruba before he can sell his foods stuff successfully.

By the time the next generation will grow, all the bickering and hatred would most likely have been forgotten.
Applauduse..Very brilliant.
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by obidark: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
this is a start....
the head is startin to work again....

people,we are 200million people named nigerians....we can not be that useless as the rest of the world is trying to tell us daily....!!

we are 400million hands....!!
only the head have to kpe and we are good to go....
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by obidark: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

ofcourse....
but i dont think the chinese is te problem about Ajaokuta steel plant....
Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by MaziEDOZIE(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
NOETHNICITY:

Are you OK at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by Mayor1996(m): 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

What is he saying??

Re: Gbajabiamila Makes A Case For Innoson, Proforce, Others by YungMillionaire: 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
blackbone989:

U r racist u know. Those gun truck whose product r they? Must we bring tribe in all our discussion? Am married to a girl from Osun n am from imo I don't understand how we got here. We r n will b seen as only one thing **NIGERIANS**

Your wife is from Osun, I thought Igbo boys don't marry Yoruba girls...you must be different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen / Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi / PDP Reacts To Attack On Ekweremadu By IPOB In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.