Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students (1947 Views)

EFCC Arrests 60 At ‘yahoo Boys Awards Night’ / EFCC Arrests 60 Year Old Man For Supplying Detained Son Hard Drug / EFCC Arrests 7 MAPOLY Students And Others For Yahoo Yahoo With Juju (See Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by Elibrainz(m): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2019
– An SOS to the Governor of Imo State. Credible intelligence had revealed that there are cartel at the Enugu Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, specialized in turning Owerri, the Eastern Heartland into gold mine; as a group of EFCC officials operating from Enugu with their Owerri Fire Service Police Station collaborators /undercovers randomly and indiscriminately took to arresting of Imo Youths, Students and Visitors alike in disguise of clamping down on Internet Fraudsters otherwise known as Yahoo Yahoo Boys. Sad stories from Imo State University, Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Federal University of Technology Owerri and now Federal Polytechnics Nekede, the woes continues. There is no weak that passes without the EFCC gang, bursting one hostel in the night or the other by jumping through the fence or breaking the wall at dead of the night. The sorry situation is that, after massive arrest of these young Nigerians resident in Owerri, the officials said to be EFCC will take them to Owerri fire Service police station were those with money will part with huge sums of money to regain freedom, while some will be moved to Enugu where they are made to pay between N1 million to N3 million naira each to regain freedom. Outside the fact that they pay these huge sum, their valuables especially their cars, and phones are dispossessed of them by their traducers ; the EFCC. At no time will they be charged to court or prosecuted for internet fraud as alleged by the EFCC, rather immediately they part with money in millions and agree to let go their cars, there sins are forgiven. What a country! In the past few weeks, at Ukwu-uratta more than 20 students who were arrested had all regained freedom, at Prof's Avenue, more than 30 arrested had all regained freedom, same is applicable to those arrested at Aladinma, Orji, and others picked randomly along Owerri roads. The ugly story continues, just yesterday, Thursday 24th October, 2019, EFCC officials with white hummer bus stormed federal Poly Nekede and FUTO, arrested upto 60 students, while many have been taken to Enugu Office, majority who had money sorted themselves out at Fire Services Police Station to regain freedom. A source informed thus: "Dis ones are the boys from euros plant , Nekede, close to Klinfitt Lodge where they carried other students too. They came to Nekede as early as 5:30am in the morning to raid Klinfitt lodge and Euros plant While by 4am they were at Naze, by Diamond lodge and the lodge close to it and carried students too" Inasmuch as I don't support internet scam or encourage corruption in all forms, I frown at the methodology of the EFCC operatives, it's quite unethical, embarrassing, unprofessional and condemnable. I therefore, call on the National Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Magu to call his men to order or better still find more credible ways of fighting corruption. If I may ask, what happened to hundreds of millions and cars collected from the alleged Yahoo Yahoo Boys. Imo State Governor, Hon Emeka Ihedioha should immediately pay a visit to the EFCC office and talk to the National Chairman, before the constant harassment, intimidation and massive arrest of road users and students in guess of arresting Yahoo Boys scares investors and tourists from entering Imo and put Imo economy and social life into jeopardy.

Source : http://www.nseinfo.com.ng/2019/10/efcc-turns-owerri-into-business-gold.html

Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by Elibrainz(m): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2019
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2019
Before nko

But na boys dey call them to themselves.
Yahoo no good I swear but stupidity na when you make money and you start to loud am. People go throw through pass for your matter give efcc.

Weeks ago small change enter my hand. As I get small friends for area I call them make dem come mmanya small. Before you know this one call another one bar full. Cigar and ororo dey flow plus nkwobi. Me wey gallant I just dey order dey go. I intend to end person liver. We kpef we go house. Next morning I hear kokoko. I think say na my washer woman I no know say them Don throw pass give them. After a few questions them know say na bad market. Na me by myself give them bar take collect one crate for the road. Na one of them tell me who throw the pass. One guy wey we gather dey the night before. I still dey watch am I never know wetin I go do am.

Yahoo no good I swear, last last na broke you go broke.... Try to dey low-key. Choose you friends wisely make them no involve you. If you must Manya do am for house. Remember mompha. I never knew him until this internet level. Na him do himself

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by Minenaira: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2019
Elders in the east must preach to the youth about contentment
"It is better to hawk gala and bigi drinks than fraud"
Igbo youth prefer to worship kanu instead of working...

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by Bakerdav: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is rubbish I swear
Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by BeStroNG(m): 6:35pm On Oct 26, 2019
God have mercy
Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by Timmypromise(m): 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
Some of them are just internet trolls
Nairaland will be boring without them jare

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by CanadaOrBust: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2019
MAD country. Get out if u can
Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by J4JUVENTUS(m): 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
EF-YAHOO-CC...

They are worst than the said yahoo boys sef..

Till they start arresting APC corrupt politicians,nobody should take them serious..

I don't support Fraud ,but efcc na the biggest fraud for this country..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by stanley000: 6:33am On Oct 27, 2019
singing busy signal "black ppl don't get caught inna their sYstEm just overcome and not become a vIcTim"........ stay away from the system, it was designed for blacks and trust me nothing good was ever built for blacks.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
J4JUVENTUS:
EF-YAHOO-CC...

They are worst than the said yahoo boys sef..

Till they start arresting APC corrupt politicians,nobody should take them serious..

I don't support Fraud ,but efcc na the biggest fraud for this country..

baba abeg no vex,my phone developed a fault and i was unable to get into my mail.please kindly drop your whatsapp digits.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
Shibaraba:
Before nko

But na boys dey call them to themselves.
Yahoo no good I swear but stupidity na when you make money and you start to loud am. People go throw through pass for your matter give efcc.

Weeks ago small change enter my hand. As I get small friends for area I call them make dem come mmanya small. Before you know this one call another one bar full. Cigar and ororo dey flow plus nkwobi. Me wey gallant I just dey order dey go. I intend to end person liver. We kpef we go house. Next morning I hear kokoko. I think say na my washer woman I no know say them Don throw pass give them. After a few questions them know say na bad market. Na me by myself give them bar take collect one crate for the road. Na one of them tell me who throw the pass. One guy wey we gather dey the night before. I still dey watch am I never know wetin I go do am.

Yahoo no good I swear, last last na broke you go broke.... Try to dey low-key. Choose you friends wisely make them no involve you. If you must Manya do am for house. Remember mompha. I never knew him until this internet level. Na him do himself
Your post is full of ridiculous contradictions, which indicates an unstable man.. One that is mentally and psychologically at war with himself.

You collect small money (from whatever) come call gbogbo eru useless, envious, desperate classless ghetto boys to come drink with you, yet you dey advise yahoo boys to avoid 'louding it' and to 'choose their friends wisely'. Lol. If you choose your friends wisely, nobody for fit snitch give dirty EFCC or SARS idiots merely because you host table.

Razzness incorporated.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hedonini:

Your post is full of ridiculous contradictions, which indicates an unstable man.. One that is mentally and psychologically at war with himself.

You collect small money (from whatever) come call gbogbo eru useless, envious, desperate classless ghetto boys to come drink with you, yet you dey advise yahoo boys to avoid 'louding it' and to 'choose their friends wisely'. Lol. If you choose your friends wisely, nobody for fit snitch give dirty EFCC or SARS idiots merely because you host table.

Razzness incorporated.
so is your father.... Drops mike
Re: EFCC Turns Owerri Into Business Gold Mine, Arrests 60 Students by LOWLIFER: 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
?

(1) (Reply)

This Is The World's Chilliest Person,(not Even Armed Robbers Could Scare Him) / Loan Lenders Giving My Contacts Unrest Despite Warning From NITDA / These Shameless Ladies Tore Thier Undies Over A Man (watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.