Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

"God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. (2514 Views)

lbiyeomie: Anyone Who Asks You To Bring Coconut For Deliverance Is A Magician / Chris Okotie: The Truth About T.B Joshua. He Was A Magician & A Sorcerer (Video) / Pope: The Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang Are Real, God Not A Magician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. by budaatum: 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2019
Martinez39:
James 1:1-3 :
1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of YOUR FAITH worketh patience.

Hmmm, faith? what set of people could possibly have faith? grin

Faith, derived from Latin fides and Old French feid, is confidence or trust in a person, thing, or concept.

Everyone has faith, 39. You had faith that if you posted the above, buda will definitely respond.

And I'd like to have faith that you will someday become cured of your previous religious indoctrination that clouds your understanding of words, but I will have to patiently work hard to have such faith, I think.

By the way, I made beef and lamb stew for you.

1 Like

Re: "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. by budaatum: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2019
Martinez39:
How then can you explain the following:
1) Water turning into wine after just being prayed upon,
2) The multiplication of a small amount of bread and fish of feed a thousand people,
3) A sunk iron axe head floating after throwing a piece of wood in the river,
4) Leprosy been healed after the afflicted submerged himself seven times in a river,
5) Walking on water,

Explain these naturally. I have more lists when you are done with these. undecided
Lol! Did you read Things Fall Apart? There's a story about the birds going to a banquet in heaven and tortoise playing a fast one when they allowed him to go with them.

Explain how tortoise spoke and I will explain your's above to you.
Re: "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. by Martinez39(m): 7:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s3/images/WipeStandClap.gif[/img]
This naah JAMB exam questions ooo, lol.
Not. angry angry angry
#1-#3 and #5 all related, are easily explained,
then #4, too, which wasnt really about the conventional leprosy, can easily be explained too

You're dangerous poster Martinez39, waiting round the bend corner with mouse traps hidden under your armpit, smh
Can you give a physical explanation to water turning into wine immediately after being prayed upon; a sunk iron axe head floating to the top of a river after throwing a piece of wood into the rivet; and how five loafs of bread and two fish can be multipled by prayer to find five thousand people? Explain and win a Nobel prize. You might cure world hunger and put wine factories out of business.
Re: "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. by Martinez39(m): 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2019
budaatum:

Lol! Did you read Things Fall Apart? There's a story about the birds going to a banquet in heaven and tortoise playing a fast one when they allowed him to go with them.

Explain how tortoise spoke and I will explain your's above to you.
Thehumanlloydl made a claim and I asked him to exemplify his claim using the list I gave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. by Martinez39(m): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
budaatum:

Faith, derived from Latin fides and Old French feid, is confidence or trust in a person, thing, or concept.

Everyone has faith, 39. You had faith that if you posted the above, buda will definitely respond.

And I'd like to have faith that you will someday become cured of your previous religious indoctrination that clouds your understanding of words, but I will have to patiently work hard to have such faith, I think.

By the way, I made beef and lamb stew for you.
Hmmm, nice stew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. by MuttleyLaff: 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2019
Martinez39:
Can you give a physical explanation to water turning into wine immediately after being prayed upon; a sunk iron axe head floating to the top of a river after throwing a piece of wood into the rivet; and how five loafs of bread and two fish can be multipled by prayer to find five thousand people? Explain and win a Nobel prize. You might cure world hunger and put wine factories out of business.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
Martinez39, you do know those phenomena were defying physical laws, don't you, huh?
If you do, then why are you asking for a physical or natural explanation(s) of them, hmm?
Re: "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. by budaatum: 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
Martinez39:
Thehumanlloydl made a claim and I asked him to exemplify his claim using the list I gave.
I do understand. You are challenging 'beliefs', that silly thing that the devils do that makes them tremble.

I was listening to Wolf today and could not help think about how beliefs work till they don't no more. But to get what I mean you'd really need to expand on beans, lol.

Go on, try Wolf's Beans and let me see what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLuMmv7iQLc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. by Martinez39(m): 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
Martinez39, you do know those were defying physical laws, don't you, huh?
If you do, then why are you asking for a physical explanation(s), hmm?
Thehumanlloydl said miracles are natural phenomena and he made his point by showing that the splitting of the red sea has a physical explanation. I then asked him to support his stance using the list I gave him. This was actually between me and Thehumanlloydl but since you supported him, I had to put the question to you.
Re: "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. by MuttleyLaff: 8:58pm On Oct 28, 2019
Martinez39:
Thehumanlloydl said miracles are natural phenomena and he made his point by showing that the splitting of the red sea has a physical explanation. I then asked him to support his stance using the list I gave him. This was actually between me and Thehumanlloydl but since you supported him, I had to put the question to you.

MuttleyLaff:
What we perceive as miracles on earth, are actually rules, principles and/or laws of heaven. It's when a miracle is constantly repeated or perfected, that it becomes a process of nature, a normal state of affairs on earth. Magic, on the other hand, historically often had pejorative connotations, specifically negative connotations to apply to rites that were regarded as fraudulent, unconventional, and dangerous. Magic, is the art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, deceptive devices

Let's take a look at a perceived miracle, the Thames Tunnel, is the world's first man-made underground tunnel under a river built. It was used by pedestrians, was a shopping arcade and became a tourist attraction. Experts back then, thought that an underground tunnel underneath a navigable river is impracticable, and so, it was classed a miracle then and after, this tunnel was successfully constructed by Sir Marc Isambard Brunel. Whats the point made here? The point is that, tunnels under rivers, are now ten a penny, and so thereby their constructions arent seen to be miracles anymore. It has become a norm.

It has to be within the rules though before God can do beyond what our mind can conceive, besides we all know and agree that "let Thy will be done" takes precedence here nau.
Thought to bring the above quote back to your remembrance Martinez39

You've previously on this thread have being given a high-level overview and example of what the miraculous or miracle is. Wetin remain you want now ogbeni, hmm?

You do know those phenomena were defying physical laws, don't you Martinez39, huh?
If you do, then why Martinez39, are you asking for a physical or natural explanation(s) of them, hmm?
Fyi, Martinez39, each of those phenomena were something done, made, performed and/or happened only once.
Re: "God Is Not A Magician" : A Dubious Cop-out. by kkins25(m): 11:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://media./images/e3544b8117d3ecbb0cb8751f1ce0ff71/tenor.gif[/img]
angry angry angry

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. ?. You got me cracking!!! Lolzzz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lord Make My Living A Blessing Each Day Song / TB Joshua In Hell,nnamdi Kanu May Not See The End Of.... / Pastor Removes Church Members Panties And Shave Them During Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.