Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,782 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos (8140 Views)

Africa’s ‘tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ’ To Be Unveiled In Imo / Ogun Plans Africa Tallest Building / Ghana builds 'africa's Tallest Building' Set For $10 Billion Tech City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 9:02am On Nov 12, 2010
ROFLMAO!!! We don Chop world's largest cake finish, abi? We don visit Africa's Largest mall finish, na . . . make we come see Africa's tallest building next . . . shio!! ROFLMAO!
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by GNBohr: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2010
Don't avoid
(Pls read this mail)

Also pls forward it to all of your contacts
FROM Arvind Khamitkar, I.A.S, Director of Medical & Research Div, Chennai

Dear Friends,

A few weeks ago, in a movie theatre, a person felt something poking from her seat.
When she got up to see what it was, she found a needle sticking out of the seat with a note attached saying:

"You have just been infected by
HIV".

The Disease Control Center (in Paris ) reports many similar events in many other cities recently. All tested needles were HIV Positive.

The Center also reports that needles have been found in cash dispensers at public banking machines. We ask everyone to use extreme caution when faced with this kind of situation.

All public chairs/seats should be inspected with vigilance and caution before use. A careful visual inspection should be enough.
In addition, they ask that each of you pass this message along to all members of your family and your friends of the potential danger.

Recently, one doctor has narrated a somewhat similar instance that happened to one of his patients at the Priya Cinema in Delhi.
A young girl, engaged and about to be married in a couple of months, was pricked while the movie was going on. The tag with the needle had the message

"Welcome to the World of HIV family".

Though the doctors told her family that it takes about 6 months before the virus grows strong enough to start
damaging the system and a healthy victim could survive about 5 - 6 years, the girl died in 4 months, perhaps more because of the "Shock thought".
We all have to be careful at public places, rest God help! Just think about saving a life byforwarding this message. Please, take a few seconds of your time to pass along.

With Regards, Arvind Khamitkar ,
I.A.S, Director of Medical & Research Div, Chennai.

Rather than forwarding irrelevant mails, kindly pass this to every one.
Probably ur mail can help to save his/her life
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by tolubobo: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
that is great,we welcome initiatives as such,just as the guys who are behind SOCCERLINE QUIZ on facebook,i believe it is high time we start encouraging great initiatives in our country,which will on the long run transform our society for good.
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by chasy16(f): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2010
fstranger:

I have never been to the North. Like you said, there is nothing there. So why should I go there? Be content with your 18th century lifestyle. Cattle rearing can't be that bad. Atleast, you can always chew gworo for stress relief.Ciao!

lol!
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by sulad82i(m): 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2010
This and other capital activities of such are what will be the backbone of out economy. so bravo
I hope they at least build and maintain some roads and street lights around the area where this building will be located.
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by slap1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2010
When will it be completed?
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by nairaxchan: 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2010
At the silverbird 30yrs celebration in eko hotel. he said d building will be built in abuja, i do not know where u got ur news of it been built in lagos
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by mrofficial(m): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
^^^ Me self been dey think am ooo
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by Irk(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2010
Cant wait to see it. Go silverbird
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by Ymodulus: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2010
we waiting o
stratosphere indeed
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by JOKYTECH(f): 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
nairaxchan:

At the silverbird 30yrs celebration in eko hotel. he said d building will be built in abuja, i do not know where u got your news of it been built in lagos

mayb the one he watch different grin
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by DoubleN(m): 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2010
Arrant Crap!!So this is what the $200 million dollars that G.E.J announced for 'developing the entertainment industry' during the Silverbed Anniversary is for abi?? To develop Ben Bruce's pocket. This man wey thief NTA money finish to set-up Silverbed.
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by babaowo: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2010
@poster the building was said to build in abuja not lagos, for mallams,why all you aboki ppl no ask ibb to build such building in the north,upon all the money he stoled?
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2010
@Aloy+Emeka, u have misinformd Nlanders. The Silverbird Stratophere will be built in Abuja, which would be managed by Hyatt Hotels. The building would be similar to that of Donald Trump in New York.

I didnt hear Mr Ben mention anything about Banana Island. I have watch the anniversary clip many times on Tv. Never did he say Banana Island rather ABJ!
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by fstranger: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
babaowo:

@poster the building was said to build in abuja not lagos, for mallams,why all you aboki ppl no ask ibb to build such building in the north,upon all the money he stoled?

lol!
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by Excllncy(m): 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
Mr. Ben should pls consider power supply, especially as the lifts will be used 24hrs. While i wish him the best, i think this is very important. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by Abayomin70(m): 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2010
well i like dat 64 storey buidin pls notin about my strike
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by tlops(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2010
byrron:

They ve drifted again from the topic at hand to their normal ethnic colouration to practicaly every topic raised in Nairaland. I ask again - WHAT EXACTLY IS OUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION DAT MAKES US DERAIL IN EVERY TOPIC RAISED.

the same reason we where we are today as a nation. some pple find it had to stay in focus
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by JimmyBoy1: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2010
PhysicsQED:

Kano is a major city. However, this is a private initiative, not a government initiative, and private individuals can 't be made to build economic bases and invest time and hard earned money in places they have no economic or social interest in. If Northerners want the equivalent in Kand, which they need to make their business tycoons responsible.

In addition, every geographic location has its unigue characteristics that determine the types of industries that can thrive in them, there may not be a 64 storey hospitality facility in Kano, but Kano is equally endowed to thrive in its own unigue way. We just need the right leadership, either government or public , to bring all these potentials to frution.

I think Lord Lugard who amalgamated the North and South was not an idiot, he actually created a country that has the capacity to prosper on its own, even in a closed economy. Unfortunately we have had leaders who are clueless about how to derive synergy from the project called Nigeria.
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by honeric01(m): 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2010
This article is partially wrong, it's actually going to be in ABUJA and not Lagos and it's to be completed within 8 years.
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by Omolulu(m): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
Double N:

Arrant Crap!!So this is what the $200 million dollars that G.E.J announced for 'developing the entertainment industry' during the Silverbed Anniversary is for abi?? To develop Ben Bruce's pocket. This man wey thief NTA money finish to set-up Silverbed.

Before you arrantly disgrace yourself try researching into Jonathan's statement and Murray-Bruce's Silverbird organization before making a fool of yourself
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by hakanai(m): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2010
PhysicsQED:

Kano is a major city. However, this is a private initiative, not a government initiative, and private individuals can 't be made to build economic bases and invest time and hard earned money in places they have no economic or social interest in. If Northerners want the equivalent in Kand, which they need to make their business tycoons responsible.

Nice point.PERIOD!!!!! shocked
@alj harem i don't understand your point asking an investor to come and build in a particular state where you have billionaires too!I should be thinking your point maybe,i wish we could get someone like him or have an environment conducive for such investors.

@some low thinking kaikai sucking people here ,think goro is worst than dance mapouka after sucking sooo much kaikai or ogogoro. shocked
When you talk livestock rearing we are proud of it.I see your screwed up brothers rushing up here to buy everything livestock including the expended beast of burdens eg donkeys,horses and cacases en-route livestock for consumption!!!!
I am proud we rear them choose what we want to eat and sale what we don;t want to your kaikai/ogogoro,expended donkey chewing people.
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by fstranger: 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2010
haka_nai:

@alj harem i don't understand your point asking an investor to come and build in a particular state where you have billionaires too!I should be thinking your point maybe,i wish we could get someone like him or have an environment conducive for such investors.

@some low thinking kaikai sucking people here ,think goro is worst than dance mapouka after sucking sooo much kaikai or ogogoro. shocked
When you talk livestock rearing we are proud of it.I see your screwed up brothers rushing up here to buy everything livestock including the expended beast of burdens eg donkeys,horses and cacases en-route livestock for consumption!!!!
I am proud we rear them choose what we want to eat and sale what we don;t want to your kaikai/ogogoro,expended donkey chewing people.
You are an ingrate. After chewing some rotten goro, you come here to insult us, your benefactors. Ima tell Adenuga to cutoff your internet access.
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by Hardballer(m): 12:04am On Nov 13, 2010
aye more jobs great
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by becomrich5: 12:15am On Nov 13, 2010
If he want to build it in lagos. He would get finance but if he want to build it in abuja. Nobody would finance it. because it does not make economic sense. And they would not finance sure a project in abuja.
I Know someone, if he want to build it in lagos.

I have contact of one of the world largest re-estate company in the world. I told him about Odua city but this una government no get interest.
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by hakanai(m): 5:27am On Nov 13, 2010
fstranger:

You are an ingrate. After chewing some rotten goro, you come here to insult us, your benefactors. Ima tell Adenuga to cutoff your internet access.
I am Sorry i sounded ungratefull.You can send your bros to come and collect my expended donkey free so that you can have something to go with your grin cheesy tongue shack! wink
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by aljharem(m): 5:33am On Nov 13, 2010
haka_nai:

I mean we get to keep your cash anyway and do business someday.cattle rearing is cool!!!!!

my point is that every region should have access to modern life, whether se,north,sw

so for me to watch movie or somthing in a cinema i have to travel from borno state to abuja or lagos
cmon that is ridiculous

that least in kano state or sokoto, haba brother
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by aljharem(m): 5:35am On Nov 13, 2010
there is one in lagos

one  in port harcount

two in abuja dat two does not make sense

that all what about us in sokoto,borno or kano
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by hakanai(m): 5:45am On Nov 13, 2010
alj harem:

my point is that every region should have access to modern life, whether se,north,sw

so for me to watch movie or somthing in a cinema i have to travel from borno state to abuja or lagos
cmon that is ridiculous

that least in kano state or sokoto, haba brother
alj harem:

there is one in lagos

one  in port harcount

@ alj harem
like i said if it is viable and the environments permit then it could happen.Not only silverbed will be happy to go there.The cities sited by you are the investors heaven in Nigeria.Apart from Lagos,port harcourt,Abuja include Anambra, Kano and Kaduna.etc Borno in the North east has a fair investor appeal.But we have to tackle the boko harem menace else it could all go away. wink

alj harem:

there is one in lagos

one  in port harcount

Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by Mariory(m): 5:46am On Nov 13, 2010
nairaxchan:

At the silverbird  30yrs celebration in eko hotel. he said d building will be built in abuja, i do not know where u got your news of it been built in lagos

There are two so called Stratosphere buildings planned as far as I'm aware. One in Abuja and the other in Lagos.

Abuja Building Renders
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=546174

Lagos Building Renders
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=481049
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by aljharem(m): 5:55am On Nov 13, 2010
haka

boko harem needs to stop this there nonsense

i wish the fedral government can just blow them up
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos by Evagreenfields: 7:07am On Nov 13, 2010
Abuja not lagos.think t makz sense,at least ts gon elate our socio-economic grwth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between ISIS And British Slave Traders? / 4.58MILLION Nigerians Became Jobless, Is GEJ Still Clueless??? Reno Omokri / Vice-president Osinbajo Confident In New NDIC Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.