Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,721 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition (4440 Views)

You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers / Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? / Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition by nlPoster: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
poik:

No.
Singing is not recognized in the Bible as a ministry in the sense you are looking at it. It was not really a special thing that required deftness and skill, never mind mordernity and civilization. You don't need special skill or calling to please God with singing, contrary to other forms of ministrations. Singing was for everyone. Bible says clap your hands all ye people and sing with triumph.

Actually, singing ministry is not always for everyone, that's a common misconception with many Nigerian churches. It's just very easy to join and also flattering.

As you can see from the instructions on the singing ministry in the book of psalms, it's actually quite strenuous, dedicated and supposed to require lots of practice and work. Combined with some mathematical input.

And ministering through song is different from regular singing in general, which is what I believe you're referring to.

The congregation singing level is not supposed to be exactly the same as the choir singing level. Not sure if my meaning is clear.

It is supposed to require deftness and skill in order to ensure quality, most times those rules are relaxed.
Re: Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition by nlPoster: 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2019
I refer to singing as a ministry because you are ministering to people through songs.
Re: Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition by Makschinchin: 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
poik:

I don't think so. In Acts 3, the apostles were going into the temple at the hour of prayer. the gate Beautiful was near the temple.

But they didn't refer to it as church
Re: Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition by Makschinchin: 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2019
So I asked a choir leader in RCCG today why robes are not used instead of the weekly uniform and I was told RCCG don't do robes except for special or specific events.. sad sad
Re: Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition by nlPoster: 12:24am On Nov 04, 2019
Robe and uniform are almost the same thing, just different designs.

It can be voluntary in pentecostal churches ie robe. Meaning the choir has a choice of using robes or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Experts In Nigeria Agrees That Covid 19 Is Fiasco / Now That Want To Be A Christian, Should I Stop Listening To Non-gospel Music? / Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.