Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 (35377 Views)

Poll: Who Takes The Day?

Barcelona Wins: 38% (69 votes)
Real Madrid Wins: 54% (96 votes)
Draw: 6% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: El Clasico (1 - 2) On 2nd April 2016 / El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 / Off To Spain! Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Saturday! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by otokx(m): 9:38am On Nov 29, 2010
I'm afraid for Barcelona but oh well lets all enjoy the game and may the best thing win.
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by udonna20(m): 9:45am On Nov 29, 2010
All hail Barcelona
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by Jencejyde(m): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2010
Am an Arsenal fan but then again, just like the much anticipated manchester Derby, we may well see another "un explosive" eagerly anticipated match. Jose may be the worlds finest coach right now, but to come to spain and beat Barca at the camp nou would be asking too much, I see the polls here are in favour of Madrid but as a football analyst, and not just as a loyal fan or viewer, i would still say the odds favour Barca, Jose may need to prove me wrong again. But till the time comes , I think The CATALONIANS will show no MESSI.
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by calddon(m): 10:24am On Nov 29, 2010
Jencejyde:

Am an Arsenal fan but then again, just like the much anticipated manchester Derby, we may well see another "un explosive" eagerly anticipated match. Jose may be the worlds finest coach right now, but to come to spain and beat Barca at the camp nou would be asking too much, I see the polls here are in favour of Madrid but as a football analyst, and not just as a loyal fan or viewer, i would still say the odds favour Barca, Jose may need to prove me wrong again. But till the time comes , I think The CATALONIANS will show no MESSI.
true talk.
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by Damix007(m): 10:24am On Nov 29, 2010
No Contest!!! Barca all the way,
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by samjacob(m): 10:27am On Nov 29, 2010
It's Monrinho Vs Barca. i cant wait.
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by allboyz(m): 10:46am On Nov 29, 2010
2 red cards - 4 goals - 2-2 draw!!!
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by UyiIredia(m): 10:55am On Nov 29, 2010
Mourinho is getting this one for Real >>> 'The Special One' is a title that will be sealed with a victory over Barca at Camp Nou
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by HamidO1(m): 11:04am On Nov 29, 2010
Just can't wait to see what stunt Mourinho has up his sleeves today, i hope he won't ask all his players to get delibrate red cards.
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by qplus(m): 11:10am On Nov 29, 2010
Am not a football fan, but this one is a must watch,
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by AjanleKoko: 11:14am On Nov 29, 2010
LOL.
See men predicting a Real victory. Sounds like more of a wish/hope/prayer from broken Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal fans, victims of FCB over the years grin

What is even more bizzare is, everybody says 'Mourinho will win'. Na Mourinho dey play the match?
Anyway, na today. Eye go soon clear.
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by Meldrick(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2010
Surely Madrid all the way
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by U1(m): 11:50am On Nov 29, 2010
Go, Barca! Go! Break down Mourinho's defensive tactic. kiss grin
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by Jibson999(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2010
i trust mou. he can neva fall my hand. na today barca yash go open outside
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by yousouph(m): 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2010
Barcelona star Lionel Messi thinks Real Madrid will be out to avenge the 6-2 thumping they suffered at the hands of the Blaugrana two seasons ago, when the Clasico explodes tonight.

Messi has been Real's tormentor in chief, scoring in three of their last four Clasico victories. He is in devastating form heading into tonight's showdown at the Camp Nou, having scored in each of his last 10 games.

He is hoping to put Real to the sword yet again, but knows that he faces a more resilient Los Blancos line-up than ever before.

"Real will come to Camp Nou with revenge in mind," he said.

''Since the 6-2 I guess they have a real desire to beat us and this season they have strengthened with the new signings and [Jose] Mourinho."

Meanwhile, Real's best player, Cristiano Ronaldo, is more than on fire himself. He leads Messi by one goal in the scoring charts, and their duel tonight has the football world on the edge of their seats.

But Ronaldo claims that the match is about more than just himself and Messi.

"To talk about a duel between me and Messi is foolishness. It's a duel between the two best teams in Spain. Messi, like me, will try to do his most to help his team win.

"I'm just another player in this team. Things are working out well, as much for me as the team, but I don't feel any more pressure than the rest. We all have our responsibilities."
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by medjai(m): 12:13pm On Nov 29, 2010
Over 400 million estimated viewers worldwide, 10 FIFA Ballon d'Or contenders all in one match. This cleary is the biggest league match in the world
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by UyiIredia(m): 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2010
AjanleKoko:

LOL.
See men predicting a Real victory. Sounds like more of a wish/hope/prayer from broken Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal fans, victims of FCB over the years grin
What is even more bizzare is, everybody says 'Mourinho will win'. Na Mourinho dey play the match?
Anyway, na today. Eye go soon clear.

*1 >>> it would have been better if you kept such nonsensical statement to yourself >>> i'm an Arsenal fan >>> who holds Barcelona in high esteem_over Madrid >>> but this is the myopic logic that spurred my decision to side Madrid for this match >>> naive Barca fans conclude that we side Madrid because we seek vengeance for past defeats *It's one thing to be defeated. Another level entirely, to be defeated with honour, and by a great team*

the underlying reason for unprecedented support of Madrid is the fact that everyone wants to be a part of the success story that Mourinho has shown himself to be >>> just his mere presence in Madrid has levelled the odds against you two >>> as depicted by the table >>> absorbing this truth instead of indulging yourself in petties would go along way in helping you

*2 >>> of course >>> this is a half-witted notion >>> it matters not that Mourinho doesn't play on the pitch >>> what counts in truth is tactical sharpness of a team's coach and how influential it can be on a team's overall performance >>> Mourinho_over the years_ has proven himself to be a tactical maestro (and deserving of the self-acclaimed title 'The Special One') >>> his smashing of Barca last year's Champion's league seems not to have taught Barca fans the lesson- that Mourinho should be respected

of course >>> a decisive win over the Catalonians  in Camp Nou should complete the job
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by holydante(m): 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2010
ChelseaBMW thanks for this thread.

The odds are stacked up against Madrid:

1. In the last 27 (80 has been played so far) clasicos played @ the Nou (Wins for Barca 18 times,Draws 7, Loss 2)

2. JM has never won @ the Nou, he came 5 times ( thrice with Chealski and 2ice with Inter, loosing 3ice and drawing    
   2ice)

3. CR7 has never scored against Barca all through his lifetime grin in the 5 games he has played so far against us
   (3ice with Man u and 2ice with Madrid), (source FCB site)

Away from history, Jose can only play defensive tactics at his detriment, we got it in Power forwards, besides CR7 always flop beyond expectation on the big stage and he will disappoint again. The key to Madrid tonight may be Mesut, the key to Barca will be  Villa, Pedro, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Piqque  grin grin

Viva Blaugrana
Go Barca
T'estimo Barca

qplus:

Am not a football fan, but this one is a must watch,
Welcome aboard qplus, i sure hope you'll get hooked with the beautiful brides of soccer after tonight's game. cheers man.
semid4lyfe:

It's funny this is coming from someone who has never posted on the Naija Nigerian league thread or match day threads of the Nigerian league.

Going through your previous posts, I realise the only thing you're consistent in is making unnecessary noise.

Mr rabble rouser. . .Practice what you preach!

Am kinda wondering if the guy didnt see the title of this thread before making his patriotic post undecided
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2010
Guardiola: Clasico will be a beautiful game

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has no intention of curbing his side`s attacking instincts against Primera Division pacesetters Real Madrid in El Clasico - an encounter he believes could be a "fantastic" game.

Clashes between Barcelona and Madrid are always eagerly anticipated, but tonight`s showdown at the Nou Camp has caught the imagination even more than usual in Spain with both clubs in top form.

Madrid, who boast a one-point lead over second-placed Barcelona at the top of the standings, are still unbeaten in any competition under new coach Jose Mourinho and have won their last seven successive Primera Division matches. Barcelona, meanwhile, have not lost since mid-September and have won their last six leagues games - including an 8-0 thrashing of Almeria last time out.

There is also the mouthwatering prospect of seeing arguably the world`s best two players - Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo - going head-to-head for their respective sides. Guardiola said of the clash: "I hope it will be a fantastic game. It`s very difficult to avoid over-excitement with Madrid coming here. That`s normal."

Madrid go into the game having won 15 and drawn the other four of their 19 competitive matches under Mourinho, while they have the joint-best attack in La Liga with 33 goals (the same as Barcelona) and the tightest defence with only six goals conceded. They also boast the top scorer in the division, with Ronaldo having struck 14 times already, while Mourinho has enjoyed recent success over Barcelona having knocked the Catalan giants out of the UEFA Champions League semi-finals last season while in charge of Inter Milan.

Guardiola, who has led Barcelona to four successive wins over their bitter rivals, spoke highly of the capital club - but insists he will not be changing the two-time reigning Spanish champions` penchant for attacking football. "Madrid are not just spectacular, they are also physical, effective, quick and direct while remaining well-organised and very strong," he said.
It`s going to be a beautiful game. We aren`t going to change anything, we will protect ourselves but we aren`t going to play deeper.
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola

"Mourinho knows that we will go out to attack and they will do it when they can. Madrid have always been a good team and always will be. I anticipate how Real Madrid are going to play and they know how we are going to play. There will be no surprises. Madrid are the team with the best counter-attack in the world. They`ve done this for a long time and for a team to play on the counter the other has to attack. And this is going to be us.

"It`s going to be a beautiful game. We aren`t going to change anything, we will protect ourselves but we aren`t going to play deeper. I don`t want that and it will also send a message to the players that I`m scared. We are going to do the same as always. We will try to win and do it in the best way possible."

He added: "Madrid seem strong to me. I`ve beaten Madrid four times, but I know that sooner or later I`m going to lose against them. If we both play to our best level, it`ll be a draw. If there are no mistakes, only great goals, it`ll be a draw. You cannot say that Barcelona are a better team than Real Madrid. It wouldn't be fair. Real Madrid are very strong."

Guardiola also concurred with Mourinho`s earlier comments that whatever happens tonight, the race for the league title will remain alive. He said: "Its important, very important, but I don`t think it`s decisive. There`s more than half the season left. There could be injuries, changes in form, there are months like January and February where there are a huge amount of matches and many things can happen.

"They arrive here as leaders and we want to win. But I don`t think the result is going to be decisive. Whoever wins tomorrow will not be champions next week."

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1342730.html
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by usbcable(m): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2010
Seems it no longer
real madrid vs barcelona but
now mourinho vs barcelona

I just hope adequate security will be in place. Hopefully their over-reactive hormones dont get secreted to the extent of doing another ''figo and the pig head'' show or something like last seasons semi's match against inter.

viva real mourinho
up real madrid
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by dbigrod(m): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2010
[b]
AjanleKoko:

There is an interesting comparison of the Barca and Real sides, position for position, ahead of the Clasico, on Goal.com.
You can check it out here: http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2292/editorials/2010/11/22/2226086/have-your-say-who-has-the-better-starting-xi-barcelona-or

I made my comparisons like this:

1. Valdes vs Casillas: Casillas definitely takes this. He is a senior player and well-experienced. Valdes is not that far-off though.
2 Alves vs Ramos: I'd say at par, but I think Ramos actually plays better at national team level.
3. Maxwell vs Marcelo: Maxwell is better. Both are not great as far as full-backs go. Marcelo I think is ill-suited for that position, and defends badly. Though I suspect we will see Abidal here, since this is CR7's wing. Maxwell may not be able to hold his own against Ronaldo.
4. Puyol vs Carvalho: These are two great players. Tough one to call. But Carles would edge it slightly I think.
5. Pique vs Pepe: No comparison, Pique is way better. He has been careless this season though, but so has Pepe.
6. Busquets vs Khedira: You have to be kidding me. Sami who? Busquets is one of the best holding midfielders I've seen in a long time. Passmaster, crafty, imperious, and difficult to pass. He is way better than Khedira. Khedira is just coming up.
7. Xabi Alonso vs Xavi: Alonso is great but Xavi is better. This is not cule bias, these guys actually play together for Spain. Xavi is superb at what he does. His game is different from Alonso's though. He is more deep-lying, and doesn't tackle, but his passing accuracy is unrivaled in any league.
8. Iniesta vs Oezil: Just like the Busquets/Khedira comparisons. Oezil is great, up and coming, but Iniesta is probably the main reason why Pep passed on him. Iniesta edges this one for now.
9.Villa vs Higuain: Villa has a badder reputation, but I think Higuain is equally good as a goal poacher. Villa though slightly edges this one, for three reasons - speed, ability to let loose from anywhere in the final third, and working with the other guys up front. Even when he doesn't score, he hits the post.
10. Messi vs C Ronaldo: Messi is the fans favourite, but CR7 is pretty darned good. Forget that he has failed to find even a shot on goal in 5 meetings with Barcelona, he is a genius player and wonder boy. Not a playstation player like Messi, but a genius all the same. I would say this one's even.
11. Pedro vs Di Maria: Di Maria is more talented, but Pedro has the big game experience. Pedro can be a bit selfish sometimes though. Di Maria moves well. I think these two men are at par, at the very least.

As par the game proper, I believe the game will be won by either side if the other does this:

Barcelona: May win as a result of the possession game. RM need to get the ball to hurt Barca, and if they can't get it, they may get frustrated after a while, like it happened last year. Barca can knock the ball around for eternity, then in one playstation moment, get the killer pass through to Messi, Villa, or Pedro. Game over if that happens.

RM: May win as a result of Barcelona's insistence on playing a high line in defence. Di Maria on the right, CR7 on the left, might spell disaster, if any of those two find the ball, plus space to run. Barcelona's defence doesn't close down attackers on time, and usually pays for that. Mounriho doesn't play in the middle anyway, so I expect a lot of fast breaks from los blancos. At least one of them will likely end in the net.

I pray and hope it would be a masterpiece. I trust Mourinho anyway, he won't come without a plan.

I REALLY THINK U SHOULD LOOK AT THIS.
[/b]

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1675/goalcom-polls/2010/11/29/2236543/el-clasico-1-on-1-poll-results-who-won-the-personal-duels
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by chimaboss(m): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2010
tonight we kill real madrid, someone should place his or her bet, cos its barca all the way
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by eyoniggar(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2010
Whats up usbcable? I never hear from you, you dey fear?
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by amurx(m): 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2010
chima boss:

tonight we kill real madrid, someone should place his or her bet, cos its barca all the way
dnt waste ur cash just wait till d jugdement now. But 2nyt is 4 real
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by holydante(m): 3:46pm On Nov 29, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

*1 >>> it would have been better if you kept such nonsensical statement to yourself >>> i'm an Arsenal fan >>> who holds Barcelona in high esteem_over Madrid >>> but this is the myopic logic that spurred my decision to side Madrid for this match >>> naive Barca fans conclude that we side Madrid because we seek vengeance for past defeats *It's one thing to be defeated. Another level entirely, to be defeated with honour, and by a great team*, you hold Barcelona in high esteem with facts but the the ''myopic logic'' of just one fan changed everything, same here, i'do rather watch Arsenal's match than any other on epl but the beefing of any gunner about Barca will never make me change my mind about the club. We wish you well.  : cool cool cool

*2 >>> of course >>> this is a half-witted notion >>> it matters not that Mourinho doesn't play on the pitch >>> what counts in truth is tactical sharpness of a team's coach and how influential it can be on a team's overall performance >>> Mourinho_over the years_ has proven himself to be a tactical maestro (and deserving of the self-acclaimed title 'The Special One') >>> [b]his smashing of Barca last year's Champion's league seems not to have taught Barca fans the lesson- that Mourinho should be respected

of course >>> a decisive win over the Catalonians  in Camp Nou should complete the job
[/b]

I beg to disagree that a semi finals of a 3-1 lead at home by Milan and their loss of 0-1 to Barca @ d Nou can be considered smashing pls. It was a loss to an ''average team'' managed by a great tactician (same Inter is wallowing 7 points off the top presently with same crop of players that JM did the magic with)

The truth be told, the view by Barca fans in Catalonia and fans in diaspora towards Mourinho varies. Folks in Barcelona will hardly ever accord him accolades even if Los Blancos thrashes them 6-0, home fans hardly ever forgives when an ex teams up with their rivals (perhaps arsenal fans have stopped booing Cole whenever he comes back to emirates? Berbatov/T'ttham, same applies to coaches etc)
Fans in diaspora know that JM cannot be ignored as he is a force to be reckoned with given the fact that PEP just joined the coaching train recently, however JM himself will hardly use the word ''decisive'' in the sense it was used in the bolded part, he is not playing against minnows. he is up against BARCELONA!!!!!!!!!!! cool

Victoria Del Barca
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by Jibson999(m): 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2010
amurx:

. But 2nyt is 4 real
god bless u front and back
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by holydante(m): 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2010
Guys, how do i use my bb to subscribe to tweeter NL so as to follow forum comments as the match is going on i need response asap, this match and comments is a must grin
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by keba(m): 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2010
Tonight is the night,
someone will fallllllllllllll
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by AjanleKoko: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2010
d bigrod:

I REALLY THINK U SHOULD LOOK AT THIS.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1675/goalcom-polls/2010/11/29/2236543/el-clasico-1-on-1-poll-results-who-won-the-personal-duels

Seen it, thanks.
That's why it's called a poll, you know. wink
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by EfeEkarume1(m): 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2010
I have glanced through all of ya comments. The weird part is that no one, I repeat no one, not even alicia keys is talking about a draw. It's all good. What I will say is that any team trying to beat barcelona in this their no-nonsense form is like trying to defeat Aang in his avatar state which is virtually impossible.
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by starboy30: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]
madrid win
Re: First 'Clasico' Barcelona Vs Real Madrid On Monday, November 29th,2010 by Dsense(m): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2010
It's today . . . .Let's go there!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers In 2012 / Manchester United Vs Southampton (2 - 0) On 19th August 2016 / Manchester United Vs West Ham United (1 - 1) On 22nd July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.