Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

I Agree The Earth Is Round but... - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Agree The Earth Is Round but... (1955 Views)

Anaconda Wraps Itself Round A Deadly Caiman In Brutal Fight For Survival(Pics) / Earth Is DIMMING Due To Climate Change, Scientists Warn ( Pics) / Photos Of Aliens Living Under The Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 28, 2019
I agree the Earth is round, I have seen the curve from Rockets with camera going upward, but I don't still get it how it works, I know about the rotations and revolutions, how we get days, nights and seasons.

I know Earth's gravity pulls objects towards Earth, my question is why are people on South pole not standing downward,
People on North and South poles shouldn't be standing the same way, everything on the South pole should be upside down, we in Nigeria should be standing sideways since we're close to equator.
If you have any link that explain it, you can share with me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 28, 2019
The earth is not round,it's spherical.
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 28, 2019
Juicyjuice:
The earth is not round,it's spherical.

Spherical is still round
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by abdulazeez1002(m): 7:28am On Oct 28, 2019
The earth is flat jor. Look at life? It moves forward in an arrow of time. Not in a spinning Globe of time. So not even time supports a Globe.
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2019
lalasticlala
seun
mynd44
OAM4J
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 29, 2019
Where are those people claiming scientists on this forum
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 29, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
The earth is flat jor. Look at life? It moves forward in an arrow of time. Not in a spinning Globe of time. So not even time supports a Globe.

You must be following your qur'an.
We are talking of science

4 Likes

Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:01am On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

you have been taught pseudo science as real science and fictions and imaginations as fact. The truth however is that the earth is flat and stationary.

They say in australia people are standing upside down but do not know it, how is that possible. Every thing u know about the ball earth is a lie, this is the age of information. Do your research. If your waiting for any body to explain why people are not standing upside down in the south pole you will wait from now till forever. Those claiming scientist here are ignorant people who love their self induced ignorant state.

2 Likes

Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

you have been taught pseudo science as real science and fictions and imaginations as fact. The truth however is that the earth is flat and stationary.

They say in australia people are standing upside down but do not know it, how is that possible. Every thing u know about the ball earth is a lie, this is the age of information. Do your research. If your waiting for any body to explain why people are not standing upside down in the south pole you will wait from now till forever. Those claiming scientist here are ignorant people who love their self induced ignorant state.

I'm back, I have done my research and I now understand it.
Quora is the best forum to get good answers

Here is it from Quora by Amit Saini, Master of Engineering.

''According to this logic, people standing on the equator are standing sideways and only people at the north pole are upright\U0001f60a

Anyways now the serious answer. Since we evovled in presence of gravity our sense of upward or downward direction comes from gravitation. In absence of gravity we loose this sense and there exists no 'up'or 'down'. Therefore someone standing at southpole is still upright because down is towards the earth. He/she can be said to be standing downwards only if compared to someone standing at the northpole.

Also consider this, You are in space with earth in front of you, your body aligned in North south line. But your head is in south pole's direction and legs in northpole's direction. What would you say, is the earth upside down or you are upside down ?''

1 Share

Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:17am On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

I'm back, I have done my research and I now understand it.
Quora is the best forum to get good answers

Here is it from Quora by Amit Saini, Master of Engineering.

''According to this logic, people standing on the equator are standing sideways and only people at the north pole are upright\U0001f60a

Anyways now the serious answer. Since we evovled in presence of gravity our sense of upward or downward direction comes from gravitation. In absence of gravity we loose this sense and there exists no 'up'or 'down'. Therefore someone standing at southpole is still upright because down is towards the earth. He/she can be said to be standing downwards only if compared to someone standing at the northpole.

Also consider this, You are in space with earth in front of you, your body aligned in North south line. But your head is in south pole's direction and legs in northpole's direction. What would you say, is the earth upside down or you are upside down ?''
it really baffles me how people are unable to reason for themselves on this forum. How can one be standing upside down without knowing it. How come aircraft do not turn upside down when. Travelling from the north pole to the south.

Pilots maintain their artificial horizon level till they land on their destinations. Why cant people think I never knew people are actually very gullible in my life until this time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

I have learnt that there is nothing like up and down, what we have is toward and away, it's only Earth's gravity that made us believe that there is up and down due to the gravity forces acting on us.

People in Australia are actually standing downward, but to them... away is ''up'' and towards Earth is ''down''
now I believe Earth's gravity is very strong for gathering all oceans towards Earth.

Keep believing that Earth is flat, I have seen proves that it's spherical for long but didn't understand how it works, I now understand it.

We Nigerians close to Equator are actually standing sideways

http://theconversation.com/curious-kids-if-australia-is-at-the-bottom-of-the-world-why-are-we-the-right-way-up-92416

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
it really baffles me how people are unable to reason for themselves on this forum. How can one be standing upside down without knowing it. How come aircraft do not turn upside down when. Travelling from the north pole to the south.

Pilots maintain their artificial horizon level till they land on their destinations. Why cant people think I never knew people are actually very gullible in my life until this time.

You're actually thinking below Earth, try think beyond Earth,

Aircraft will definitely turn upside down to some people outside Earth, depending on their position.

Gravity draws everything to the center
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2019
Lalasticlala and mynd44 should please move this to front page so that people will contribute and also learn.
no be only Tacha suppose they make front page
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

You're actually thinking below Earth, try think beyond Earth,

Aircraft will definitely turn upside down to some people outside Earth, depending on your position.

Gravity draws everything to the center
so your saying aircraft flying from the north poles turn upside down and land upside down when they get to the south pole?. Have you witnessed that before?.
If that is the case then how come pilots always maintain their horizon as level and never change it.
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

I have learnt that there is nothing like up and down, what we have is toward and away, it's only Earth's gravity that made us believe that there is up and down due to the gravity forces acting on us.

People in Australia are actually standing downward, but to them... away is ''up'' and towards Earth is ''down''
now I believ Earth's gravity is very strong for gathering all oceans towards Earth.

Keep believing that Earth is flat, I have seen proves that it's spherical for long but didn't understand how it works, I now understand it.

We Nigerians close to Equator are actually standing sideways
indoctrination is very is a very strong thing. So we are standing side ways in nigeria and gravity is keeping us stuck to the earth. If this gravity is this strong then why does it let air plane fly I'm the air.
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
so your saying aircraft flying from the north poles turn upside down and land upside down when they get to the south pole?. Have you witnessed that before?.
If that is the case then how come pilots always maintain their horizon as level and never change it.

I said aircraft appear upside down to people in Space(outside Earth) depending their location.

I can't answer your question on how pilots always maintain their horizon, you can ask pilots or do your own research, I wish lalasticlala will push this to front page then you will get answer from people who have the idea.

Seun I beg come put this to front page
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
indoctrination is very is a very strong thing. So we are standing side ways in nigeria and gravity is keeping us stuck to the earth. If this gravity is this strong then why does it let air plane fly I'm the air.

It now baffles me how you don't understand it, your question no make sense now or don't you agree with gravity again?
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:00am On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

It now baffles me how you don't understand it, your question no make sense now or don't you agree with gravity again?
how can I agree with gravity when it does not exist. Gravity has never been proven since its inception. Objects come down when thrown up because of their weight not because something pulls them down.
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:04am On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

I said aircraft appear upside down to people in Space(outside Earth) depending your location.

I can't answer your question on how pilots always maintain their horizon, you can ask pilots or do your own research, I wish lalasticlala will push this to front page then you will get answer from people who have the idea.

Seun I beg come put this to front page
that means you do not understand what you believe. You just believe because they told you. In reality non of your belief can stand the test.
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by abdulazeez1002(m): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

What do you know about science

Shut up when people are having intellectual conversation
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
how can I agree with gravity when it does not exist. Gravity has never been proven since its inception. Objects come down when thrown up because of their weight not because something pulls them down.

This means you're far from understanding it, I understood it easily because I know there is nothing like weight, what actually exist is ''mass''

It's gravity that gives you the weight of an object from it's mass. without gravity, there won't be weight.

Your weight on Earth will not be the same on Moon because Moon's gravity is less strong compared to Earth, The mass remains the same.

In a vacuum(no air or matter) if you trow a feather and human from 2 storey building, they will fall at the same speed and touch ground at the same time
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 29, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
What do you know about science

Shut up when people are having intellectual conversation

Bro. go to Islamic section, we are discussing important stuff here.
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
that means you do not understand what you believe. You just believe because they told you. In reality non of your belief can stand the test.

This is science, I wonder how people will be doubting stuff even though they see proof,
I GIVE UP
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

Your question is very good but I don't know how pilots maintain their maintain their horizon. I will do research on that later, me sef wants to know.
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 29, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

You even said the Earth is stationary, why are people reasoning like this in this 21st century,
Most people, especially Africans don't ask question on how things work and they don't care to know.

NOTHING IS STATIONARY IN THE UNIVERSE
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 29, 2019
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by PureGoldh(m): 11:47am On Oct 29, 2019
The fact still remain that we all are using different GMT.... That's the main factor that affects difference in time
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 29, 2019
PureGoldh:
The fact still remain that we all are using different GMT.... That's the main factor that affects difference in time

We are not discussing ''time difference''
I know you're here for advertisement
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

You even said the Earth is stationary, why are people reasoning like this in this 21st century,
Most people, especially Africans don't ask question on how things work and they don't care to know.

NOTHING IS STATIONARY IN THE UNIVERSE

is there any evidence that the earth is in motion,?, you only believe because you were taught so. Does it feel like the earth is moving under your feet right now?
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

This is science, I wonder how people will be doubting stuff even though they see proof,
I GIVE UP
there is no proof foe the ball earth that is why I said do your research. My eyes just recently opened. The impossibility of the ball earth is just too much. And there is nothing scientific about it it is all theories, no fact.
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

This means you're far from understanding it, I understood it easily because I know there is nothing like weight, what actually exist is ''mass''

It's gravity that gives you the weight of an object from it's mass. without gravity, there won't be weight.

Your weight on Earth will not be the same on Moon because Moon's gravity is less strong compared to Earth, The mass remains the same.

In a vacuum(no air or matter) if you trow a feather and human from 2 storey building, they will fall at the same speed and touch ground at the same time

I understand what your saying perfectly, but there is no evidence to back any of it up these are just theories. Have you tried throwing a feather and human in a vacuum.

What you just explained up there can never be tested and has never been tested. Isaac newton just came up with that theory after he saw an apple fall from a tree and assumed something pulled it down. There is no evidence whatsoever ever to prove gravity.

Object come down when thrown up because of their buoyancy and density. if they are pulled down by a force then even smoke will not rise up at all neither will any thing fly yo in the air.

If gravity pulls things down, a nail and a feather will fall at the same time when thrown up but we know this is not the case.
The force of gravity is merely a fantasy of Isaac newton, its unfortunate this is being taught as science fact I'm school today.
Re: I Agree The Earth Is Round but... by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
Isinweke:

how can I understand it when it doesn't feel like am standing side ways, no car moves side ways no plane fly sideways no building stands side ways every thing is upright yet you believe your sideways because some one said it not because you understand or have seen it.
How can you even seriously think gravity can gum you and every thing in it side ways to the earth is gravity some sort of super glue?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Embarrassed As Two Monkeys Climb On Her Lap And Begin Having Sex / Mind Controlled Weapons Coming To A Future Near You / SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.