Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Get99 Scam Alert!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Get99 Scam Alert!!! (962 Views)

Scam Alert! Adam Tijani With The Phone Number, 07011435598, Is A Notorious Thief / Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. / SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get99 Scam Alert!!! by Ziga127: 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2019
I got a call from a guy who claimed he was get99 senior Admin today 28th October 2019, he claimed he want to help me Boost my ads on get99 so that I can get more clients.

And he said I will receive my activation code via SMS, while on call a message came to my phone he asked me to call it out I couldn't call it out because it was from Facebook. It told him I am yet to receive his message, he was like let him drop and call back.

As I checked the Facebook message it was a password reset code and I never requested for my password to be resetted. The get99 guy called back, it then dawned on me that I am in naija hahaha. I innocently asked the guy what my Facebook has to do with get99? He said it seems I am new to their platform that I should not worry that he will go to their data base and block me.

The truth is that this get99 isn't looking real because I am yet to see a detailed information about the company even on their website.

Please Vendors be careful oh!
I was called with this number
0813 963 0920
Re: Get99 Scam Alert!!! by mistercharles: 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2019
Ol3 ni everybody grin
Re: Get99 Scam Alert!!! by MountainView: 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2019
Street everywhere you go
Re: Get99 Scam Alert!!! by nauto5: 3:00am On Oct 30, 2019
I will come back to comment
Re: Get99 Scam Alert!!! by Driveway: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2019
Ziga127:
I got a call from a guy who claimed he was get99 senior Admin today 28th October 2019, he claimed he want to help me Boost my ads on get99 so that I can get more clients.

And he said I will receive my activation code via SMS, while on call a message came to my phone he asked me to call it out I couldn't call it out because it was from Facebook. It told him I am yet to receive his message, he was like let him drop and call back.

As I checked the Facebook message it was a password reset code and I never requested for my password to be resetted. The get99 guy called back, it then dawned on me that I am in naija hahaha. I innocently asked the guy what my Facebook has to do with get99? He said it seems I am new to their platform that I should not worry that he will go to their data base and block me.

The truth is that this get99 isn't looking real because I am yet to see a detailed information about the company even on their website.

Please Vendors be careful oh!
I was called with this number
0813 963 0920

No one will call you from get99.com for password reset, code reset, facebook link,a code to boost your ads for more calls etc. Don't ever release your details.

Scammers will always run rampage on online sites especially online classified sites. All other previously existed sites have had a share of the scammer's cake and they are still facing it Day in day out too.

1 Like

Re: Get99 Scam Alert!!! by Geochess(m): 9:19am On Dec 23, 2019
Driveway:

No one will call you from get99.com for password reset, code reset, facebook link,a code to boost your ads for more calls etc. Don't ever release your details.

Scammers will always run rampage on online sites especially online classified sites. All other previously existed sites have had a share of the scammer's cake and they are still facing it Day in day out too.

I still think that they are a scam ....
As for my own case, my name and phone number and some fake products I never put online are on this site ( several adverts on this website are in my name and phone number) , but I never knew about the site till people started calling me to buy products which I do not even have and which I did not even advertise in the first place
Re: Get99 Scam Alert!!! by Geochess(m): 10:36am On Dec 23, 2019
I still think that they are a scam ....
As for my own case, my name and phone number and some fake products I never put online are on this site ( several adverts on this website are in my name and phone number) , but I never knew about the site till people started calling me to buy products which I do not even have and which I did not even advertise in the first place

And it is either of 2 Or 3 things

The first is that there is no legal entity called get.99 and some scammers are using it as an avenue to scam people one way or another ( E.G GET PERSONAL DETAILS TO INFILTERATE EMAILS, WHATSAPP OR EVEN YOUR PHONE THROUGH a fake app with ridiculous permissions into your phone
If this is the case then installing the app and permitting the app to have access to your pictures phone numbers and message MIGHT HAVE JUST CREATED A BACKDOOR TO YOUR DIGITAL IDENTITY......

secondly and most likely is that there is actually an entity with this online identity, but it's Nigerian marketers and admin are faking the amount of registered users on the platform, there by deluding the original sponsors of this platform into thinking that the user base of the site is very high.. and milking these foreign sponsors for their money ( collecting salary without doing the work)
Finally and still likely..... The site might have been created intentionally with plenty fake adverts to generate clicks and money for its hosts, but in order to sustain it they need legitimate sellers ON the platform to help mask their real intent...

Ether ways I'll be looking for a way to remove my name and phone number from this site..

(1) (Reply)

The Next Big Thing? Yes, It's Purely Nigerian (pictures) / Breaking: Fire Guts First Bank In Osun / Jewelries ..... Buy Now!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.