Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) (14602 Views)

FG Orders Immediate Closure Of Enrolment Activities At NIMC Headquarters / NIN: Crowd And No Social Distancing At NIMC Office, Ikeja (Video) / What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by mushystuff: 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2019
Sweetcollins:
Naija we hail thee
Una go wait sotey ajala returns from Moscow

Ha! You no current be dat! Moscow don reign pass na, na Saudi en route UK for 2 weeks dey reign now.

1 Like

Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by oseiwe(m): 11:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
okomile:
Bribe the officials there. I did same at UBA and I got mine few weeks ago.
They will create situations to get extra cash
Zoogeria grin
which UBA pls?
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by zelexotunla(m): 2:46am On Oct 29, 2019
alsudaes1:

Mine was since 2013!
No card yet
hey bro, have you tried to visit their office of recent? it seems this people said we should pay a #500 into Federal Government TSA account through remita to get a new NIN for those that have 2013 slip. I have not been able to do so as I was told to go to passport office which I don't understand and those guys are frustrated to expantiate. I will try going to passport office later this week.
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by zelexotunla(m): 2:49am On Oct 29, 2019
alsudaes1:

Mine was since 2013!
No card yet
hey bro, have you tried to visit their office of recent? it seems this people said we should pay a #500 into Federal Government TSA account through remita to get a new NIN for those that have 2013 slip. I have not been able to do so as I was told to go to passport office which I don't understand and those guys are frustrated to expantiate. I will try going to passport office later this week. Please is there anyone who has made such process, kindly help on how to get this done. thanks.
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by zelexotunla(m): 3:18am On Oct 29, 2019
princeade86:
i did mine same 2013, and got plastic card dis year, but is kwara state sha oo
. mine was 2013 too and I visited their office though not where I registered, they were like this is outdated. I will have to pay compensation inform of #500 into Federal Government TSA account through remita. I have challenged this as I didn't receive any notification or any caution on the slip that if you don't collect your permanent card within certain periods you will pay fine but this is Nigeria. Things are horrible here.

1 Like

Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 29, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Come and do it in Abuja. There is no queue here.

Free accommodation for you if you are a lady

If you are being truthful, you would tell them that the crowd is worst in Abuja.
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by alsudaes1(m): 5:03am On Oct 29, 2019
zelexotunla:
hey bro, have you tried to visit their office of recent? it seems this people said we should pay a #500 into Federal Government TSA account through remita to get a new NIN for those that have 2013 slip. I have not been able to do so as I was told to go to passport office which I don't understand and those guys are frustrated to expantiate. I will try going to passport office later this week. Please is there anyone who has made such process, kindly help on how to get this done. thanks.
Wow! Hearing this for the first time.
I was in their office last month and they only told me what they've always told me that "it is not ready, you will receive a text message when it is ready".
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by Ejaisky: 5:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Rebuke:
smh. I did mine since 2014 but the plastic ID is yet to be ready. Almost 5years now.

Op, just go and do international passport jejejely. That's what most of us resorted to.

Sometimes I wonder if the people in power are not aware of all these things or they are not just concerned. Wonderful country we are in.

You need NIN now for international passport.
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by Kolping: 5:11am On Oct 29, 2019
NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION ACT, 2007
MANDATORY USE OF THE NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER REGULATIONS, 2017
[26th Day of October, 2017] Commencement.

In exercise of the powers conferred on it by sections 27 (1) (l) and 31 of the National Identity Management Commission Act, 2007 and all other powers enabling it in that behalf, the National Identity Management Commission (“the Commission”) makes the following Regulations —

PART I—PRELIMINARY PROVISIONS
1.—(1) In accordance with the provisions of section 27(1)(l) of the Act, the use of the National Identification Number (NIN) shall be mandatory for the following additional transactions—
(a) registration for and provision and use of hospitality services ;
(b) registration and licensing for and use of health or medical services ;
(c) application for the adoption of an infant, child or person under applicable laws ;
(d) purchase and registration of Aircrafts, Ships, Boats, Motor Vehicles and Motor Cycles ;
(e) change of ownership of aircrafts, ships, boats, motor vehicles and motor cycles ;
(f) registration and use of aviation services by airline operators and customers
(g) purchase of travel tickets or tokens for air, rail, road and water transportation ;
(h) boarding of aircrafts, trains, commercial vehicles, ships and boats ;
(i) registration for and purchase of insurance policies ;
(j) acquisition, sale or transfer or transmission of shares or equities and other financial instruments ;
(k) registration and licensing of cybercafé operators ;
(l) verification of users of cybercafé services ;
(m) recruitments for temporary and permanent employment ;
(n) enrolment or registration for internal and external examinations with educational and examination boards ;
(o) enrolment into primary, secondary and tertiary schools and continuous professional studies in Nigeria ;
(p) registration and eligibility for bursary and other social benefits ;
(q) registration and membership of professional bodies ;
(r) eligibility and documentation for provision of welfare services by government agencies and other non-governmental institutions ;

(s) registration of companies, sole proprietorships, partnerships and non- profit organizations and other post-incorporation documentation with the Corporate Affairs Commission ;
(t) documentation of arrested and convicted persons ;
(u) filing and registration of criminal and civil actions in courts or other arbitration processes ;
(v) payment of emoluments ;
(w) import and export of products, commodities or goods ;
(x) purchase and registration of telephone SIM Card and other communication devices ;
(y) licensing of telecommunication vendors ;
(z) licensing and registration of clearing and forwarding agents ;
(aa) identification and registration of refugees and internally displaced persons ;
(bb) issuance of birth certificates ;
(cc) provision of consular services ;
(dd) issuance of driver’s license ;

(ee) registration for pilgrims or provision of pilgrims services ;
(ff) registration or documentation of pensioners ;
() registration for the issuance of travelling documents ;
(hh) registration of voters ;

(ii) tax identification ;
(jj) operating a bank account ;
(kk) cashing in on financial instruments ;
(ll) purchase and sale of foreign currency in banks and bureau de change ;
(mm)documentation for loans ;
(nn) registration and licensing of security companies ;
(oo) executing any contract or business agreement ; (pp) tenancy agreements
(qq) obtaining and processing of probate documents ;
(rr) all transactions involving the acquisition, use or transfer of parcel of land or landed properties ;
(ss) any transaction, contract or agreement for a valuable consideration and for the transfer of any interest, tangible or intangible ; and
(tt) application for or biding for any Local, State or Federal Government jobs or contracts or accessing any benefits from any intervention programme whether via a created portal or manual application.

(2) It shall be mandatory for government agencies listed in the First Schedule to these Regulations which offer services listed in sub-regulation (1) of this regulation to—
(a) require any person transacting with them to produce his NIN ; and
(b) verify and authenticate the person or NIN so provided in the National Identity Database using the following means of verification or authentication—
(i) real time online verification from the NIMC Verification Service Platform,
(ii) Card Acceptance Device (CAD), (iii) Card Reading Device, or (iv) a combination of the means stated in this paragraph.

https://www.nimc.gov.ng/docs/MandatoryNIN_Gazetted_2017.pdf
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by bluefilm: 5:30am On Oct 29, 2019
youngsahito:
just shut up Mr Man if u don't have any meaningful thing to say.

You are the one who should shut up.

Why haven't you done the stuff since?

Tomorrow you will still come and be looking for whom to blame for your own stupidity.

Nonsense. sad
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by youngsahito(m): 7:16am On Oct 29, 2019
bluefilm:

You are the who should shut up.

Why haven't you done the stuff since?

Tomorrow you will still come and be looking for whom to blame for your own stupidity.

Nonsense. sad
let me burst your Small bubble, I have collected my own permanent ID card but don't be quick to judge people... There is never a day that u won't see much crowd over there. Govt should establish more registration center.
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by okomile(f): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2019
oseiwe:

which UBA pls?

Oyingbo.

It was done codedly.

The ladies are rude and mannerless.
Come today, come tomr.
We have no network to capture.
They captured and asked to come back in three weeks time. After three weeks, come back.
I went in another week, no paper to print out.

Had to around 3pm when the crowd had subsided. Had to make up stories and refused to leave. Eventually one of day made a call to someone who then gave permission to print out for me.

I eventually got it because I needed to reactive a dormant account that someone paid into. Without it, banks will not listen to you again.
grin
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by okomile(f): 7:22am On Oct 29, 2019
generationz:

How much and do you have a u a account?

You only need your BVN.
I have Account in banks.

My former company account went dormant bcoz I stopped working there again.

Unfortunately, my brother sent me money there thinking I still operated the account.

Went to the bank and it was not a good experience too.

End of the story was I eventually got the money out after two months.

grin
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by generationz(f): 7:29am On Oct 29, 2019
okomile:

You only need your BVN.
I have Account in banks.

My former company account went dormant bcoz I stopped working there again.

Unfortunately, my brother sent me money there thinking I still operated the account.

Went to the bank and it was not a good experience too.

End of the story was I eventually got the money out after two months.

grin

No, I meant if you had a UBA account to qualify you to get a NIN at their branch.

How much did you pay the officials
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by chuksjuve(m): 7:30am On Oct 29, 2019
Nigerianization:

God bless you Mr sense
Since they know that it's a continuous exercise, why didn't they leave and come another day? Why loitering around?

Do you know what excellence service delivery meanS?

Why can't they also provide it at all times?

Do you think people are that jobless to be coming daily when in the end they won't still get it?

Why are you some bold at defending incompetence?

You have really lived through incompetence that it has become a way of life you.
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by mushystuff: 7:38am On Oct 29, 2019
Exactly! I don't understand how one will have such a defective, mediocre mindset! They confidently blame those on the receiving end for the incompetence of the government!

chuksjuve:

Do you know what excellence service delivery meanS?

Why can't they also provide it at all times?

Do you think people are that jobless to be coming daily when in the end they won't still get it?

Why are you some bold at defending incompetence?

You have really lived through incompetence that it has become a way of life you.
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by okomile(f): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2019
generationz:

No, I meant if you had a UBA account to qualify you to get a NIN at their branch.

How much did you pay the officials

I don't have account with UBA.

NIN have their section in the banking hall. There is no guarantee that it is automatic if u have Account with UBA

Bros, na small change grin
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by generationz(f): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2019
okomile:

I don't have account with UBA.

NIN have their section in the banking hall. There is no guarantee that it is automatic if u have Account with UBA

Bros, na small change grin

All right thanks.
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by LilNetty(m): 9:52am On Nov 03, 2019
I did express registration in Lagos and I got it that same date...even tho it involves money.
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by bolu96(m): 11:04am On Nov 03, 2019
LilNetty:
I did express registration in Lagos and I got it that same date...even tho it involves money.

Please, how did you go about it and how much did you pay in total?
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by ifyalways(f): 11:14am On Nov 03, 2019
Nigerianization:
But this thing has been on since eon, why una like fire brigade approach.
Just what i was going to ask.
As old as i am, i did and got mine since last year.

1 Like

Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by LilNetty(m): 10:37pm On Nov 07, 2019
bolu96:

Please, how did you go about it and how much did you pay in total?
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by bolu96(m): 10:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
[quote author=LilNetty post=83834326]#3000[/quote

Thanks but where did you register and how did you go about it? Any requirement?]
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by LilNetty(m): 8:19am On Nov 10, 2019
[quote author=bolu96 post=83834717][/quote]not really, someone gave me one of the staff no, Nd I paid the sum of #4000 to him...I got it in just 10mins.
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by LilNetty(m): 9:21am On Nov 10, 2019
[quote author=bolu96 post=83834717][/quote]chat me up on WhatsApp@08135417105

1 Like

Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 19, 2019
RoyalHighness7:
If you are in/close to ikeja go to the zenith bank at Oba Okran 1 for NIN registration. Very fast!
U must open an account with zenith bank first, before you apply for NIN in their bank
Re: NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) by RoyalHighness7(m): 4:31am On Dec 19, 2019
Epica:

U must open an account with zenith bank first, before you apply for NIN in their bank
Not a must anybody can

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Expect More Increase In Electricity Tariff, FG Tells Nigerians / Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements / Ekiti Poll: Tribunal Grants APC Order To Inspect Election Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.