Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) (27446 Views)

EFCC Parades Owo Prince, Olateru-Olagbegi, Over N35.5m Fraud In Ibadan / EFCC Parades 34 OOU Students With Charms Over Alleged Fraud / EFCC Parades 13 Oil Thieves In Port Harcourt [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by MayorofJinzhou: 2:57am On Oct 29, 2019
No Benz?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 29, 2019
chigoizie7:
Good job.

I know that there are bigger thieves. Trust me, naija had not future when more than 80% of its youth are scammers. Imagine what will happen in the future when these youths will be running the affairs of this nation.

What the current politicians are doing now will be a child’s play to what this present generation will do.

Nip these seeds in the bud now.

They can also go after the bigger thieves, but trust me, they are also doing their jobs
I had a conversation with a friend who thinks Nigerians are stupid. He said there's only one difference between Tinibu and Mompha,

Mompha is a yahoo man, who steals credit cards and launder money for scammers so his targets are shot lived. You have a choice, he didn't point a gun at you to wire money into his account.

Tinibu is APC God father who is definitely untouchable even after the bully van saga he is still not being investigated for corruption. He steals from Nigeria, our education, scollarship, health care, electricity, that bad road causing 10s of deaths yearly, youths turning to kidnappers, fraudsters, ritualists, a politican is responsible! If they keep stealing from you and I, Nigeria will never get better.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Lekkuzz: 4:02am On Oct 29, 2019
Ipromote:
Bros you had to paint their faces? We can't even see them if they were open angry

Promote your business to millions of people on social media. Check my Siggy

They plan on releasing them after collecting bribe from them that's why
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Elytron1604: 4:08am On Oct 29, 2019
youngsahito:
when will you parade our thief politicians
exactly just troubling boys for nothing but you no what the day Yahooboysfcc will extend to PH or Yenagoa that's when they will be doom . And they know there are lots of arms circulation here and won't dear to come. I challenge them if they have the liver let them come on board this cities.
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Elytron1604: 4:12am On Oct 29, 2019
Adrian98:
Samsung Galaxy S7 for sale 20k. blank screen. Dm
I want s5 working screen
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Elytron1604: 4:28am On Oct 29, 2019
youngsahito:
when will you parade our thief politicians
Nigeria government watching EFCC officials becoming millionaires from the proceeds they collect from this boys and yet people are commending them for job well done. Nobody is saying the officials of this commission should be investigated as well after all he who comes to equity must come clean. The money they collect from these boys is what is attracting them to continuously clamp on them leaving out the gun thieves and pen thieves. People are continuously killed everyday and no arrest made only fake arrest while the real culprit is groving somewhere. Magun once said that some of their officials are living far above their income and nothing was done about that. What do you call that? Till today this useless EFCC refuse to produce Ibrahim lamorde the formal EFCC thief boss.
[b][/b]#EFCCproduceIBRAHIMLAMORDENOW
Selective justice. If Magun is a man let him initiate the investigation of Tinubuhari if he will not get fired . If him get liver make him try make we see. The only nonsense he Will say is there is no proven evidence or it's complex. That was how they could not audit NNPC account but claimed it's complex. Rubbish dead lions

1 Like

Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Vikynas: 5:17am On Oct 29, 2019
These EFCC officials go die if next Government come finally stop them from arresting these young boys dem go starve to death be that cos that is the only way they survive by exploiting these boys even the Nigeria police.2023 everything will definitely change everything that goes around comes around. Reverse is the case
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by anambraamaka: 5:22am On Oct 29, 2019
Topic says Enugu, events say Owerri.
Do you guys even vet ?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Jamorezzi: 5:27am On Oct 29, 2019
How come the boys pictures look like this old time slavery image.
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Dent(m): 5:42am On Oct 29, 2019
Elytron1604:
Nigeria government watching EFCC officials becoming millionaires from the proceeds they collect from this boys and yet people are commending them for job well done. Nobody is saying the officials of this commission should be investigated as well after all he who comes to equity must come clean. The money they collect from these boys is what is attracting them to continuously clamp on them leaving out the gun thieves and pen thieves. People are continuously killed everyday and no arrest made only fake arrest while the real culprit is groving somewhere. Magun once said that some of their officials are living far above their income and nothing was done about that. What do you call that? Till today this useless EFCC refuse to produce Ibrahim lamorde the formal EFCC thief boss.
[b][/b]#EFCCproduceIBRAHIMLAMORDENOW
Selective justice. If Magun is a man let him initiate the investigation of Tinubuhari if he will not get fired . If him get liver make him try make we see. The only nonsense he Will say is there is no proven evidence or it's complex. That was how they could not audit NNPC account but claimed it's complex. Rubbish dead lions

Even in USA their crime agencies avoid arresting big criminals without very substantial evidence(s). The goal is not just arrest, the question is, do u have enough to charge him to court for a winable case? In the Yahoo boys case, arresting them will not back fire,

a yahoo boy misarrest won't get you fired, he doesn't have the power/resources to do that.

You arrested a "Yahoo boy" which is a criminal designation on it's own. But you can't arrest a politician cuz he's a politician, "politician" is a legal designation.

Arresting a Yahoo boy will make the job less lucrative which yet helps us on the long run. We blaming the government is right but youths these days are too greedy. Even when Nigeria had more jobs then, it took some civil servants years to have enough to buy a car. But an average Nigerian youth with a Yahoo mindset wants to drive a Benz at age 17. That's not a no job thing anymore, it's absolute greed.

for every politician you point a finger at for being corrupt, there is *10 top Yahoo boys that are walking free because, he covers his track well.

Finally, "politician" is legal, and fewer (less than 1%) you need more resources to arrest and prosecute just one. Yahoo boys crawls our streets like maggots, with almost a representation in every family and lineage. You think we should just let the trend continue also until no one in the country will do anything legal?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 5:58am On Oct 29, 2019
Antoeni:
So Enugu People follow for the yahoo matter too

shocked

Read the article first before rushing to comment. It happened at nekede, Imo state

Don't mind the mumu Op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by srclark: 6:47am On Oct 29, 2019
Dent:

Even in USA their crime agencies avoid arresting big criminals without very substantial evidence(s). The goal is not just arrest, the question is, do u have enough to charge him to court for a winable case? In the Yahoo boys case, arresting them will not back fire,

a yahoo boy misarrest won't get you fired, he doesn't have the power/resources to do that.

You arrested a "Yahoo boy" which is a criminal designation on it's own. But you can't arrest a politician cuz he's a politician, "politician" is a legal designation.

Arresting a Yahoo boy will make the job less lucrative which yet helps us on the long run. We blaming the government is right but youths these days are too greedy. Even when Nigeria had more jobs then, it took some civil servants years to have enough to buy a car. But an average Nigerian youth with a Yahoo mindset wants to drive a Benz at age 17. That's not a no job thing anymore, it's absolute greed.

for every politician you point a finger at for being corrupt, there is *10 top Yahoo boys that are walking free because, he covers his track well.

Finally, "politician" is legal, and fewer (less than 1%) you need more resources to arrest and prosecute just one. Yahoo boys crawls our streets like maggots, with almost a representation in every family and lineage. You think we should just let the trend continue also until no one in the country will do anything legal?
i doubt if you know what you are saying how many of this yahoo boys own or worth 5 million naira cause they drive this useless second hand cars all over the place and use expensive phones and clothes you pass them of as being rich (naija mentality) for your information do you know how much one toyota hilux cost ? it is close to 30m that is what this politicians own in multiples some even left to rot away in their properties in different choice areas .for every town or area a yahoo boy owns a building have t at the back of your mind a politician from that area has like 4 or 5 properties in that area abandoned or not been utilized go to most of the government reserved areas scattered all over the country . to me one politician equals hundreds of yahoo boys in terms of monetary worth

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Godson214(m): 6:50am On Oct 29, 2019
MaziRidwan:
I wish God could send me a helper. NYSC camp is next week and I'm yet to get basic stuffs needed as I'm financially stranded. Things like this makes you depressed despite all your effort.

Are you in Lagos? I got some white round necks for you o and waist bag
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by NnamdiN: 7:10am On Oct 29, 2019
futurerex:
Yahoo boys are not the problem of this country. Let them go after the politicians, cabals and bullion van Lagos landlord.
they are a huge problem sir. EFCC should hunt them to extinction

1 Like

Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Elytron1604: 7:31am On Oct 29, 2019
Dent:

my friend I disagree with you 101%. what is good for the geese is good for the gander. Crime is crime and the law is no respecter of anybody however highly placed. Listen to your argument the top politicians cannot be arrested because it will backfire. Absolute nonsense and rubbish. Yahoo boys use their head your politicians do same all steal and are thieves. In this country you graduate and the jobs are not there the few available ones are shared by your top echelons and those in the fishing camps are at the mercy of God. They have to eat and bills paid. They refuse to use guns but their brains whoever fall victim is consumed by his or her passion for trying to reap where they have not sow. You failed to address some of the issues raised. Why are the efcc enriching theirselves through this job. If that is their interest they should leave the boys alone. I wish that someday this boys will come together get a good lawyer and approach the court to tell us if their is any offence called Yahoo boys. You just see someone walking on the street the next thing to do is to arrest and label the person a Yahoo boy. What nonsense is that. You talked about civil servants are there no thrives there.The same civil servants will sell all the job slots and heads will not roll. This boys would have been productive if your government recruitment process is transparent enough. where is lbrahim lamorde else while efcc boss. He is a thief and nothing has happened to him. Please don't come and tell us some people can't be arrested. If Yahoo boys were to arm themselves like the niger Delta militants who are made millionaires by your useless government by now efcc will have been negotiating with them. But the time will come they will arm themselves and we will see how far the efcc can go. Let the boys be. You can't be stealing at the top and you ask those below to be saints. Nonsense Nigeria
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by studentofTruth: 7:46am On Oct 29, 2019
GistMore12:
The Enugu Zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, October 28, 2019 announced the arrest of 27 suspected internet fraudsters. .
They were arrested on Thursday, October 24, 2019 in Eura Hostel, Naze-Obibiezena Road, Nekede and Bloomnesdays Plaza Hostel, Nekede, all in Owerri, Imo State, following intelligence and diligent surveillance carried out on them. .
Intel established that the suspects were living above their means from proceeds of their alleged fraudulent activities, following which a team of operatives executed a coordinated raid in their residences. .
Items recovered from them include: mobile phones, laptop computers, three Lexus E350 cars with registration numbers AFM 206 MK, WER 468 PP, LAG 615 FE; two Lexus R300 SUV with registration numbers MUS 276 FB, NGN 153 NX and one Toyota Avalon with registration number AAA 124 EP. .
The suspects have already provided useful information that is aiding the Commission’s investigation. They will be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/efcc-parades-27-suspected-internet-fraudsters-in-enugu

Seems they have started heading to our call. At least, they now shade their faces until they're charged with tangible evidence.

We will still keep lamenting until they can do their job the right way — no media until charged with tangible evidence! EFCC must learn to do their investigations first before tagging anyone a fraudster!
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Livi2020(m): 7:47am On Oct 29, 2019
Efcc Parade Tinubu for the Bullion van will be a great news....
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Adeh08: 7:48am On Oct 29, 2019
When will EFCC parade Tinubu?
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Dent(m): 7:51am On Oct 29, 2019
srclark:
i doubt if you know what you are saying how many of this yahoo boys own or worth 5 million naira cause they drive this useless second hand cars all over the place and use expensive phones and clothes you pass them of as being rich (naija mentality) for your information do you know how much one toyota hilux cost ? it is close to 30m that is what this politicians own in multiples some even left to rot away in their properties in different choice areas .for every town or area a yahoo boy owns a building have t at the back of your mind a politician from that area has like 4 or 5 properties in that area abandoned or not been utilized go to most of the government reserved areas scattered all over the country . to me one politician equals hundreds of yahoo boys in terms of monetary worth

Let's not just be "emotional" here. A politician is a politician first before a criminal. We all know he's a criminal, but according to the law he's only a criminal only when he's caught dipping his hands into the cookie jar. My point is, a politician can easily justify his lifestyle even before the law.

A yahoo boy finds it difficult to do so. It's not just a matter of how big his lifestyle is compared to an average politician. It's rather if he can justify his lifestyle at all.

Just like you, I want all our corrupt politicians all in jail. But such premise is hampard heavily by our democracy, our democracy is messed up and we know that.
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by MaziRidwan: 7:54am On Oct 29, 2019
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by studentofTruth: 7:54am On Oct 29, 2019
Dent:

What is your definition of a Yahoo boy? Please I want to know.
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Dent(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2019
Elytron1604:
my friend I disagree with you 101%. what is good for the geese is good for the gander. Crime is crime and the law is no respecter of anybody however highly placed. Listen to your argument the top politicians cannot be arrested because it will backfire. Absolute nonsense and rubbish. Yahoo boys use their head your politicians do same all steal and are thieves. In this country you graduate and the jobs are not there the few available ones are shared by your top echelons and those in the fishing camps are at the mercy of God. They have to eat and bills paid. They refuse to use guns but their brains whoever fall victim is consumed by his or her passion for trying to reap where they have not sow. You failed to address some of the issues raised. Why are the efcc enriching theirselves through this job. If that is their interest they should leave the boys alone. I wish that someday this boys will come together get a good lawyer and approach the court to tell us if their is any offence called Yahoo boys. You just see someone walking on the street the next thing to do is to arrest and label the person a Yahoo boy. What nonsense is that. You talked about civil servants are there no thrives there.The same civil servants will sell all the job slots and heads will not roll. This boys would have been productive if your government recruitment process is transparent enough. where is lbrahim lamorde else while efcc boss. He is a thief and nothing has happened to him. Please don't come and tell us some people can't be arrested. If Yahoo boys were to arm themselves like the niger Delta militants who are made millionaires by your useless government by now efcc will have been negotiating with them. But the time will come they will arm themselves and we will see how far the efcc can go. Let the boys be. You can't be stealing at the top and you ask those below to be saints. Nonsense Nigeria

Let's not mix issues, it's the fact that these Yahoo boys are becoming too much that's getting legal hustlers in this mess too. All these excuses will not fly "pay bills, eat, survive". Do you think sars arrests hungry boys that's just trying to eat or rather those trying to live an obviously expensive life. While sars, police, efcc and co, are also exploiting these boys. It still does not justify leaving this yahoo boys alone. If 80% of our brilliant minds are wooed into cyber scam, what's left for nation building. Only the dummies?
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Dent(m): 8:02am On Oct 29, 2019
studentofTruth:

What is your definition of a Yahoo boy? Please I want to know.

It's what we call fraudsters, especially cyber fraudsters. So defining it is awkward, is like you asking me to define 419. It's not the real thing with definition, it's what we call a group of scam related things.
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Godson214(m): 8:05am On Oct 29, 2019
MaziRidwan:
God bless you sir but I'm in Ilorin.
Where in Lagos sir, to see if I've someone around that can collect it on my behalf.

Isolo
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by studentofTruth: 8:13am On Oct 29, 2019
Dent:

It's what we call fraudsters, especially cyber fraudsters. So defining it is awkward, is like you asking me to define 419. It's not the real thing with definition, it's what we call a group of scam related things.

How do you identify them without investigation?
Is it that every young man with a laptop should be tagged a Yahoo boy and paraded?
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Slymonster(m): 8:38am On Oct 29, 2019
studentofTruth:

Is it that every young man with a laptop should be tagged a Yahoo boy and paraded?

If you notice, they have started blurring their face unlike before because they arrest and start investigating. That's how weird naija is. All you see half will be innocent, they rest will pay out and go home. They are all after money now.
That's how they raided few in my area. They are all back
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Dent(m): 8:41am On Oct 29, 2019
studentofTruth:

Lol. Even those boys arrested can't claim they aren't yahoo boys. I don't understand how you feel they will actually clamp down on boys that aren't yahoo boys. This is not a regular street arrest by hungry police o. We are talking of a large scale raid. They will definitely execute that on order and it would be as a result of a prior investigation. We don't need to be petty here. We know some street police harrass innocent men, but effc would not arrest without prior investigation.

We know there are many yahoo boys, even some that have never been arrested by their local police. What makes you think efcc will now be the one to arrest innocent ones when we know effc is a financial crime investigation agency. If it's ordinary police arrest now, your "every boy with laptop" argument will fly. Efcc will not arrest without investigation.
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Dent(m): 8:46am On Oct 29, 2019
Slymonster:

If you notice, they have started blurring their face unlike before because they arrest and start investigating. That's how weird naija is. All you see half will be innocent, they rest will pay out and go home. They are all after money now.
That's how they raided few in my area. They are all back

This is exactly the painful part. That those that can pay will buy their way out prematurely. Why arrest them in the first place if it's all about the money?
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by studentofTruth: 9:03am On Oct 29, 2019
Dent:

Lol. Even those boys arrested can't claim they aren't yahoo boys. I don't understand how you feel they will actually clamp down on boys that aren't yahoo boys. This is not a regular street arrest by hungry police o. We are talking of a large scale raid. They will definitely execute that on order and it would be as a result of a prior investigation. We don't need to be petty here. We know some street police harrass innocent men, but effc would not arrest without prior investigation.

We know there are many yahoo boys, even some that have never been arrested by their local police. What makes you think efcc will now be the one to arrest innocent ones when we know effc is a financial crime investigation agency. If it's ordinary police arrest now, your "every boy with laptop" argument will fly. Efcc will not arrest without investigation.

Really?

I have argued with someone like you about this before, and when I proved my point with evidence and established an 80% innocent rate, he ran. 4 out of 5 persons paraded were innocent and yet they're tagged Yahoo boys and paraded — image tarnished for life.

I don't have that time now. I will simply drop the link to that page. Go through my comments there and let me know what you think.

https://www.nairaland.com/5451300/efcc-arrests-six-yahoo-boys/3#82818229

That's it. I wish you well.
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Dent(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2019
studentofTruth:

Really?

I have argued with someone like you about this before, and when I proved my point with evidence and established an 80% innocent rate, he ran. 4 out of 5 persons paraded were innocent and yet they're tagged Yahoo boys and paraded — image tarnished for life.

I don't have that time now. I will simply drop the link to that page. Go through my comments there and let me know what you think.

Okay, will check it out.
Re: EFCC Parades 27 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu (Photos) by Dent(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2019
studentofTruth:

Really?

If the Naira Marley case was your proof then I won't use that to generalise every other case for this reason. Naira Marley's is a start that put himself up for investigation. Will you openly appear to support crime in any country and not be subjected to investigation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Officers Sent To Fight Kidnapping Caught Receiving Bribe / Lagos Driver Caught In Gay Sex: "I Have Sodomized 7 People, 12-year Old Boy" / Church Member Crushes Another To Death In Church Premises In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.