Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors (8988 Views)

Photos As President Bola Tinubu Meets 36 States Governors / 36 States Governors Meet President Bola Tinubu In Aso Rock / Can You Guess What Buhari Was Telling These States Governors In This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by Reference(m): 8:13am On Oct 29, 2019
When we say restructure, they say no. So why are they seeking to restructure by default. You cannot be collecting 'allocation' without obedience to the giver. He who pays the piper things.

When this storm is over Nigerians will be better informed of the need to look at Nigeria again....closely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2019
fûçk the governors they are all thieves just to increase the wage if the people who strives to put you guys there with millions of naira earned by you gluttons monthly but just to increase these poor soul's to half of your children's daily pocket money you're brimming stones don't forget there's god oh
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by Zimbola7: 8:21am On Oct 29, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Nigeria governors.. Do anyhow you like jare

Sebi, my people no wan receive sense abi, make we continue to dey elect clueless people as our leaders.

All the governors were all present yesterday about the bail out funds, but extending that same money for the benefits of their people Na always war.
[/s]
trash trash trash
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by eagleeye2: 8:28am On Oct 29, 2019
ekestic1976:
The Governors are right on this. Federalism ought to be run like true federalism. Perhaps we should borrow a leaf from the US where we copied this from to learn to do things properly!
You want to borrow a leaf from the USA? But when resource control is mentioned you will reason towards unitary government. When meritocracy is mentioned, you will remember Federal Character.
NB
The 'you' means those who reason the way you are doing now.
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by eagleeye2: 8:30am On Oct 29, 2019
Until Nigerians decide that enough is enough, things will keep getting worse.
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by Flyingngel(m): 8:40am On Oct 29, 2019
But federal government decides what to give u as allocation and bail out funds and you don't complain.
Out problem in this country is these our so call Governors.
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by ekestic1976(f): 8:44am On Oct 29, 2019
eagleeye2:

You want to borrow a leaf from the USA? But when resource control is mentioned you will reason towards unitary government. When meritocracy is mentioned, you will remember Federal Character.
NB
The 'you' means those who reason the way you are doing now.

How can anyone be this daft! You don't even know where I stand on national issues yet you made this generalisation. This obviously came from your head, not your mind!
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by eagleeye2: 8:51am On Oct 29, 2019
ekestic1976:

How can anyone be this daft! You don't even know where I stand on national issues yet you made this generalisation. This obviously came from your head, not your mind!
I put a caveat at the end of my post. You may actually stand for the masses on national issues, but the post I quoted says otherwise.
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by dreadsbee: 8:57am On Oct 29, 2019
Easy 'n' Classy Importation Expert
We deals and train interested person on importation of Bags, Shoes, Clothes, Bags, Jewelries, Weavon, Wristwatches, Cosmetics etc.

To Join our IMPORTATION TRAINING GROUP by clicking the link below�
https:///KiE5GTMOWtQKvD81vI1ASx
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by sorepco(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2019
What i have noticed is that alit of people musunderstand this minimum wage thing. At 1st u thought the govnors were insensitive. But after reading between the lines i came to understand that the problem was not the 30.000 naira minimum wage perse but the socalled 'incremental adjystments'!
I believe this entails that not only those earning the minimum wage will have a salary increment but everyone working for government will see a percentage increment in their salaries. Say for example a director in a state ministry on 300.000 a month shall see an increment of 50 to 70% of their salary which shall be a big burden on the state. Americans are now talking of increasing their minimum wage to $15 an hour. This does not mean that anyone working for government...state or federal on a 35 usd an hour shall see a raise in their salary. Just those on the minimum wage.

So therefore my people...methinks its the workers earning above the minimum wage and asking for a percentage increment in their salaries who are the greedy ones. Every govnor will gladly pay N50.000 a month as minimum wage if there were to be no such adjustments on the salaries of those earning above the minimum wage bracket.

mcmbonu:
Rep Members earns more than 15million monthly why common man begs for 30k.

This life is unfair.

Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by aksule(m): 10:01am On Oct 29, 2019
People talk of true federalism. Some people talk of home grown system of government. Others are talking about returning to parliamentary system of government and so on and so forth. This shows how little we have learned as regards to self governess.
While some people's selfishness stood mile apart, some are moderate as regards to implementation of minimum wage. Though we all want to have the minimum wage but then do we ever envisaged whether the various state governments can afford it. Will State governments utilised its resources in paying wages alone.
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by Shady92(m): 11:05am On Oct 29, 2019
Don't even know when will they start to pay. Coz I receive this month salary without any addition
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors by AnuliKay: 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2019
You are very correct
UjHairPlanet:
This minimum wage talk has turned out to become one of the biggest shams of this administration.

Please visit my signature for your original human hair.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banditry: 23,000 Nigerians Sought Refuge In Niger Republic In April / ICT For Change - Huawei Partners FG For Training And Employment Opportunity / Governor Umar Ganduje Approves N1.036BN For Repairs OF 31 Roads In State Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.