Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? (59886 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / Why Husbands Have Become Scarce - Blueprint / Why Don't Husbands Have Issues With Their Father In Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by nlPoster: 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2019
Most of these loudmouths here know what they're doing.

I doubt it has anything to do with their past experiences of any gender. They are just greedy and wicked, that's all.

Stop shifting blame. You can't do that forever.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by UnknownQueen(f): 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rubbiish:

Lolss
I thought it was something serious lol
If u ask me i honestly do not see any problem here...this is a sweet marriage. I swear
I think d little issue here is d manner of communication & expression. If u are telling him to assist u in a commanding and condescending tone he may try resisting it. I told my sisters d greatest tool a woman can use to bring down a is whatever u do should be in a submissive Manner, the man will just melt, but many women don't know this. It is working for them perfectly in their marriage.

I think u should express it as peaceful and calm as possible. Honestly we shouldn't view marriage as a trade by barter system, saying if u do this he must do that is likely to affect the happiness in that marriage, likewise for him. If not for anything at least for the kids, just view everything u are doing is for d kids. Couples really don't know the joy children feel when they see their parents living happily together, money can't buy that happiness for them.

URE actually right my brother, may God continue to help us.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by CosmicJames(m): 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Fellow husbands in the house, are your wives attitudes while in marriage the same as when the were in courtship? I realized women characters change from almost good to very worst once they get married.

Most tmes we wonder if the women we got married to are they women we dated. What could be the cause of this change in character.
Your wife didn't change. You are the one that set your marriage up for failure. You build your marriage on the wrong foundation. Sorry.

But on a serious note,
I strongly suspect that karma is after you.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by nlPoster: 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Quite sure op is unmarried.

Besides:

https://www.nairaland.com/5018504/brother-thanks

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Allsingles: 12:14am On Nov 03, 2019
The major reason for this sudden change is due to the fact that many people forget about the care, love and the attention they have been giving to their Partner during courtship so you don't expect the person emotional life not to change.
Keep on being caring and loving to each other and you will enjoy your Marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Yinibixema: 4:20am On Nov 03, 2019
olabrinks:
Will you stop it please. Just because you’re man it doesn’t mean you’re exempt from advice, especially from your wife. You do not know it all, and sometimes people from the outside can see clearer than those dealing with the situation. Ego is the biggest downfall of men, humble yourself to corrections from anyone.

Like I said, wife and children come first and every other thing follows. A mother and extended family should be able to understand this, there’s no argument about this. It’s not about loving anybody equally, it about prioritising your list of responsibilities wisely as a husband and father. Only exceptions for emergencies. If you cannot understand this, then please stay single, marriage is not for everyone.
You’re senseless. No sense at all
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by mysticwarrior(m): 6:49am On Nov 03, 2019
jakandeola:
d problem is DAT some of u take rubbish in relationship in d name of I love u I love u. u refuse to discipline her wen she do bad. a girl Neva cook for u or wash for u as girlfrine u expect she wash as a wife.wat stop u from doing d rite thing. I beat my ex cos she refuse to wash for my mum she dump me. am in pain but I know is for d best cos wat I cant take now I will Neva take in marriage. am happily married now my wife too dicipline her cos of dis issue of lazy.she did not dump me.she stay and change her way.I still deal wit her wwn she do wrong and I sware she is a beta person before as I meet her.
chai..this man you be real Brigadier general, I hail.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by 9ja083: 7:39am On Nov 03, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Explain how these factors can make a truthful person a liar.

May u get mad at her when she's tells u the truth. Wfe ie when they are afraid of their spouse reaction.
Some ppl are natural liar. These ppl, their lies are inborn and there's nothing u can do about it.
Make her understand that u are not happy whenever she lies to u and not to act as if u will break the earth.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Basseybruce: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2019
frozen70g:

So many factors could be responsible

Marriage itself

Presence of children and their wahala

Absence of children and pressure to give birth

False impression of the guy having money

Control from the man to his wife

The way the man's family welcomed and relate with her

Domestic chores waiting to be done

Stress from house and office work

Lack of interest in everything including sex

The harsh economy and inability to meet up

Lastly, lack of attention and affection from husband

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by glingev(m): 10:36am On Nov 03, 2019
A lot of women will tolerate their husband if he is rich, most men loose their wives respect when he's broke

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by 9janinja(m): 11:38am On Nov 03, 2019
LadySarah:
Same As men too.
I saw that coming
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Yujin(m): 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
engrchykae:
That's how they are created, their mother Eve waited patiently until Adam married her then she started showing her colors.
If you are from the East,be careful of arochukwu she devilds
From page 1-6, no one has subtly attributed the bad behaviour associated with some women to a location except you. Don't you think you're wrong here? Women are women all over the world. Wasn't it the popular Bob Marley that sang that song: 'No woman no Cry'? See my friend, bad behaviour is not exclusive to a particular area.
Divorce rate is on the increase and the simple reason in my opinion is the recent gender equality women are demanding from men. It simply will never hold well for the society. If there's leadership tussle in the homes, be rest assured that the society will be wrecked and that leaves our society in chaos. I'll always use the South African society as a case study. Women over there don't value men because the laws are so protective of women which eventually makes the women to act with reckless abandon. The SA men who are on the receiving end seeing frustration from the situation now see violence as the only way to vent out their anger. That has wrecked the society over there. Do they still do weddings and are marriages still intact? Yes, weddings still happen but most of them end in divorce and separation. Others in violent murder. Marriages are steadily on the decline. This is what is happening now among educated partners in Nigeria. When a woman is enlightened on her rights, most times she squeezes out the last drop of juice from it not knowing that it will eventually destroy her happiness. Other factors like women wanting to live up to the make belief lives of the actors they see in movies plus the craze of societal competition. On the side of the men, it's basically two things: marriage infidelity and openly showcasing it plus not fulfilling their marriage obligations. The combination of these characters is what has ravaged the marriages of the new millennium.
From what I see, it can hardly get any better. My advice to men is that we must be watchful of women because they pretend a lot. Money doesn't guarantee love but it can get you availability and excitement. Test women with the occasional denial of what they gravitate towards and see their reactions. This will tell you how she can behave afterwards. As for the women, knowing your right is good but applying wisdom in handling those rights will keep your home and happiness in tact. Eating your cake and still having it will never end well; men are not foolish. Know that marriage is work and you will reap the benefit more than the man in the long run. Who remembers the man when the children are all grown up? It's always the mother that's invited and lavished with gifts. The old man is hardly bought a decent cloth. He's blessed with whiskey to kill him faster.
In conclusion, women must realize their place in the society if our communities must remain sane. This is the truth. Feminism is a disease that should be wiped out fast. Our society needs a collective input to remedy else, we all shall be doomed.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by engrchykae(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
Yujin:

From page 1-6, no one has subtly attributed the bad behaviour associated with some women to a location except you. Don't you think you're wrong here? Women are women all over the world. Wasn't it the popular Bob Marley that sang that song: 'No woman no Cry'? See my friend, bad behaviour is not exclusive to a particular area.
Divorce rate is on the increase and the simple reason in my opinion is the recent gender equality women are demanding from men. It simply will never hold well for the society. If there's leadership tussle in the homes, be rest assured that the society will be wrecked and that leaves our society in chaos. I'll always use the South African society as a case study. Women over there don't value men because the laws are so protective of women which eventually makes the women to act with reckless abandon. The SA men who are on the receiving end seeing frustration from the situation now see violence as the only way to vent out their anger. That has wrecked the society over there. Do they still do weddings and are marriages still intact? Yes, weddings still happen but most of them end in divorce and separation. Others in violent murder. Marriages are steadily on the decline. This is what is happening now among educated partners in Nigeria. When a woman is enlightened on her rights, most times she squeezes out the last drop of juice from it not knowing that it will eventually destroy her happiness. Other factors like women wanting to live up to the make belief lives of the actors they see in movies plus the craze of societal competition. On the side of the men, it's basically two things: marriage infidelity and openly showcasing it plus not fulfilling their marriage obligations. The combination of these characters is what has ravaged the marriages of the new millennium.
From what I see, it can hardly get any better. My advice to men is that we must be watchful of women because they pretend a lot. Money doesn't guarantee love but it can get you availability and excitement. Test women with the occasional denial of what they gravitate towards and see their reactions. This will tell you how she can behave afterwards. As for the women, knowing your right is good but applying wisdom in handling those rights will keep your home and happiness in tact. Eating your cake and still having it will never end well; men are not foolish. Know that marriage is work and you will reap the benefit more than the man in the long run. Who remembers the man when the children are all grown up? It's always the mother that's invited and lavished with gifts. The old man is hardly bought a decent cloth. He's blessed with whiskey to kill him faster.
In conclusion, women must realize their place in the society if our communities must remain sane. This is the truth. Feminism is a disease that should be wiped out fast. Our society needs a collective input to remedy else, we all shall be doomed.
my dear,it's a lost cause, women now see men like a means to an end.
She need you to have children,then divorce you and indoctrinate the children on how their father is a fool.
If she decides to stay,she will still indoctrinate them.
At the end of the day, nothing for the man.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Yujin(m): 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2019
engrchykae:
my dear,it's a lost cause, women now see men like a means to an end.
She need you to have children,then divorce you and indoctrinate the children on how their father is a fool.
If she decides to stay,she will still indoctrinate them.
At the end of the day, nothing for the man.
You're very correct bro. It's not limited to a particular location. The craze for material things have destroyed our society. Most young girls will not get married until years have passed them by then they look for one innocent young man and cling to him. Thereafter, they start to frustrate him and ensure he lives a miserable life. It's a fearful world we live in now. May God help us.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
I don't really know the society you live in, but the ladies above which you've been arguing with are speaking the raw truth. You keep on preaching self esteem development for women//the need to quit a bad marriage/relationships, as if these issues are new, and women in such situations have not heard it before.

I believe I wouldn't be wrong to say that most of the comments which you criticized are from Nigerians, or people who are familiar with how the Nigerian society sees marriage.

Between a lady being:
1. A childless spinster for life.
2. A divorced single mother. Which of these two would the average black woman prefer? Which of this two would our society prefer?

It's unfortunate that the Nigerian society places so much value on marriage, which should not be so, some spinsters may not give a hoot about tolerating shiiit from a man, get married, and accept whatever is the outcome. The ladies you criticized said ''that way, she can see herself as one who was once married'', and I added that she can also get kids from it. So are you seriously saying you have not seen women in such situations or what? Truth can be bitter, but nothing can stop it from being the truth.
TooNoisy:

What you should done was to ignore the topic if you had nothing useful to say. You actually sound like you are not exposed at all - not insulting you.

Stop advising women to stay in abusive relationships - that is the simple message.

3 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by UjuJoan2: 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
princeking2:

How about a good man with a good heart?
Does he deserve a toxic wife who probably escaped societal pressure or a bad ex?

I think the thing is, if you meet a bad person, please leave them. But unfortunately you women will always fall for the bad guys due to nasty reasons.

May God help us. I must marry right. I'm not in for all these wahala people paint marriage to be.

No he doesn't. Everyone has Karma waiting for them, and one day it will be her turn.

I've seen genuinely good men married to viscous women and it doesn't end well for these women. Most times these women display these attributes before marriage but the men overlook it.

Bottom-line is do unto others what you want to be done to you. Most men allow the undue advantage ascribed to them by the society deceive them into forgetting this golden rule.

Amen to your prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by UjuJoan2: 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
maasoap:

Not disputing your theory completely but a woman that will change for worse will surely do irrespective of how her husband treated her during the courtship and when married. We've seen many women whose husbands treated well and still treating well but just tuned into something else few years after marriage. Don't tell me that you didn't know any one.

I believe strongly in causes and reactions. People don't just change overnight. If a man overlooks a woman's bad traits before marriage then that's on him. And vice versa.

If a man/woman treat their spouse well, chances are they will have a happy and fulfilling marriage. I'm talking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by midnighter(f): 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
UjuJoan2:
No.

And as usual, 90% of people responding to your post completely missed the point and started talking about something else which had nothing to do with it lol!

Rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Pataricatering(f): 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Exactly - they don’t know ! uju , warn ya self o - Why did u tell them ?
UjuJoan2:

So you think it's okay for men to treat women anyhow because they are 'offering her marriage' (you know what I mean by that)? undecided

If a man carried the demeanor that he's doing his wife a favor for marrying her, how will the marriage turn out. We heard a man tell something similar to his wife on this forum, and started lamenting when she began to react.

That's why it's best for men not to treat marriage like some sort of prize. I also read on this forum how a man locked his girlfriend outside overnight, just to 'test' if she's a wife material. And when she acted docile and tearful, he praised her for it. Now tell me, what could be more evil than that?

Some women don't care how the marriage turns out. As far as they walk down the aisle even once, they are good.

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by isnovic(m): 12:15am On Nov 04, 2019
olabrinks:
Will you stop it please. Just because you’re man it doesn’t mean you’re exempt from advice, especially from your wife. You do not know it all, and sometimes people from the outside can see clearer than those dealing with the situation. Ego is the biggest downfall of men, humble yourself to corrections from anyone.

Like I said, wife and children come first and every other thing follows. A mother and extended family should be able to understand this, there’s no argument about this. It’s not about loving anybody equally, it about prioritising your list of responsibilities wisely as a husband and father. Only exceptions for emergencies. If you cannot understand this, then please stay single, marriage is not for everyone.

I presume this is a healthy argument and should be devoid of tantrums or insult.

As I said before, men are not adversed to good advice, far from it. What I said is that men are most times better judge to whom they keep as friends.

To arrogate to women, as you said...."especially your wife", a clearer perspective, better advice and/or clearer view is a faulty logic.

Wives are not infallible too, they as human make error in judgement too.

What I am simply saying is, in giving advice, give your husband or men the benefit of doubt to be able to make a sound judgement for both himself and his family simple.

If a wife, nay a woman cannot comprehend this, then she arrogates to herself superiority which is usually based on faulty premises, and mien that condescend and aligns to the well told societal lies about men being babies, goofy, impulsive and selfish.

And yes marriage is not for everyone, no man deserves a wife with a thinking like this.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Cindy222(f): 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ryabcool:
Lmaooo! This one na domestic violence distributor. Wife beater, I hail o.

Domestic Violence Distributor (DVD).
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by maasoap(m): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
UjuJoan2:

I believe strongly in causes and reactions. People don't just change overnight. If a man overlooks a woman's bad traits before marriage then that's on him. And vice versa.

If a man/woman treat their spouse well, chances are they will have a happy and fulfilling marriage. I'm talking from experience.

Of course, you're. And I'm. Nagging is inborn in some women. They don't have cause and effect at all
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Ryabcool(m): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
Cindy222:

Domestic Violence Distributor (DVD).
in fact grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Prognose: 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2019
Saintmary:

Get yourself a German shepherd if you need something to tame. Women are not animals. Anyway, some women will stay in such travesties of relationships, they need it.

Well she's behaving like an animal so Yes, she has to be tamed. Ladies that behave like queens are treated as such. Ladies that behave like animals....well you know the rest.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by healthserve(m): 8:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
K
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by healthserve(m): 8:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
Belafonte:

I know there are multiple reetards on nairaland. So, a woman is treated shabbily during courtship and she doesn't leave, but bides her time till she gets married? The guy that treated her bad during courtship suddenly became a saint in marriage? He can't kill her after marriage? Lol.

Gentlemen, you cannot change anybody. If anybody changes suddenly after getting what they want, they didn't really change, they just revealed who they really were. Divorce is always a very valid option. You shouldn't have to spend one second in marriage with a witch. If your wife changes after marriage, fúcking end the damn thing.

See why I always loved your straightforward honesty. Thanks for being blunt as usual cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by MedicH: 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
neonly:

Pray you don't find yourself in dat situation it easy to say shit when you are not into it
I understand OP very well

What makes u think what I'm saying is shit? Are u ok at all? Im a strong advocator of if marriage isn't working then break it.
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by mysticwarrior(m): 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
One thing that some Nigerian couples don't understand is the significant of the marriage vow they took on their wedding day, "for better and for worst, for Richer for POORER, in SICKNESS and in health.

If you are taking a woman to the altar do not expect her to be exactly the same in 3, 5, 10 years time, when her body began to experience changes and declination of beautify as a result of procreation, you as the man is obligated by the marriage vow to love and treat her the same way you did while taking her to the Altar.

Women are very emotional and needed to be treated with love and care at all times, it is your responsibility as a husband to show care and love to your wife as a man, you don't expect an outsider to do that for you.

When a women does not receive this same care and affection from her husband after marriage there are tendencies she may begin to exhibit some strange characters towards the man.

Some Nigerian women had no idea that marriage is filled with dangerous eventualities, as a man's life is surrounded by ups and downs, sickness must come one day, financial instabilities would come, spiritual warfare is a must, breaching of trust and unfaithfulness from the man should never be an impossible expectation, societal and family pressure to give birth to children of a particular sex is another factor.

A woman who is married to a man with a nice job should also be prepared for the worst when that same man looses his job, some brave woman would step in and cover the man's shame and take responsibility of the family needs, but not all women are tough enough for this task, some women would even bring hell on the man during this bitter encounter, some would start having extramarital affairs, others would even leave the man forgetting the marriage oat she took with the same man.

Before marriage some Nigerian ladies receive gifts and financial benefits from male friends and relatives, others from secrete sugar daddies but the moment they get married everything would be completely ceased, and her husband may not be able to buy her expensive human hair, iphones and other flashy things, then they would start giving the man attitudes.

A women who is not comfortable with what she and her husband has should struggle with the man to make things better, there are women who got married to a man living in a single room and sharing public toilet in a poor ghetto but today they are the wives of billionaires living in the most powerful areas of expensive cities.

Some women after seeing the fake life of celebrities on Hip TV and nollywood would start displaying weird behaviours in their marriage.
These are some of the reasons, but there are other reasons that would make a woman's behavior change after marriage.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by midnighter(f): 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
mysticwarrior:
One thing that some Nigerian couples don't understand is the significant of the marriage vow they
This is great...Why didnt you come earlier...
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by A305: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
UjuJoan2:

So ignore my post and move on. It's not going to matter or change the truth anyway. Denying the odds against women will not make them any less true.

Do women make wrong decisions because of cultural pressures? Yes. Do men exploit their unearned gender superiority? Yes!!!

Does it lead to dysfunctional marriages? Yes. Is it going to change anytime soon? NO.

You are wise.

Best point so far.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by jakandeola(m): 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
mysticwarrior:
chai..this man you be real Brigadier general, I hail.
hahahaha not DAT. if I don't correct her she won't learn lol
Re: Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? by Chomzy19(f): 3:29am On Dec 10, 2019
l
Belafonte:

As in, I don't understand. What will happen when I divorce her arsè? She will tell me good for me? Hahahhahaha. I go pursue hin mama comot for my house. God punish good foundation. If you don't like me don't marry me.

Lol.. you think say divorce na go come. Before you divorce am you go don see nwi na. If she never dry you finish before then. You think she doesn't know you can ask for divorce.

Better treat people right. Your GF can make it her mission to make you miserable in marriage (no be today). And even if you divorce her, she already got what she wanted., she already married, and have a child. So frankly you may not be that useful any longer except she is broke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Their Children Saw Them Having Sex- Should They Be Bothered? / Connect With Someone Born On The Same Month & Day You Were Born! / Wife Of Zambia Man Who Is A Maid To Chinese Man Delivers Asian-looking Baby (pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.