Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges (41501 Views)

16 Amazing Facts About Queen Elizabeth II / Here’s Queen Elizabeth’s Diet That Keeps Her In Majestic Health / The Troops Queen Elizabeth Brought To New York At The End Of WW II (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by DameB(f): 9:31am On Oct 30, 2019
DenreleDave:

Power? I rather call it influence

Isn't the ability to influence also a form of power?
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2019
FrLukas:

Interesting.

It will get to Archie one day and suddenly the British empire will be ruled by a black. I'm sure Meghan is already calculating stuff like I am.

The only way that can happen is if the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and ALL their Children die which ISN'T HAPPENING ANYTIME SOON.
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 30, 2019
Tewqewtii:
This woman never die

She's a very strong woman. She walks unaided and even drives herself within the palace. Her husband is another Super Strong human being.

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Wickedtruths: 9:34am On Oct 30, 2019
48noble:
who screws d Queen

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by AdolfHittler: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2019
[s]
post=83583591:
GOD BLESS THE QUEEN
[/s]
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by AdolfHittler: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2019
[s]
post=83583596:

Kiddo, mind the jargon you type online.
Pity the people that own you atleast,
even if you don't like yourself!
Be guided!
[/s]
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by etrange: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2019
Biggty:
So she is also the Queen of Australia and Canada?? That means Australia and Canada are still under British rule

No bro, her status in Canada is not political but cultural. She has not constitutional power over there; only serves to maintain the cultural heritage. Canada is not under the British rule.
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Germi9: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2019
48noble:
who screws d Queen
Na one dude oh

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by etrange: 9:41am On Oct 30, 2019
sonature1:
When will she step down? grin

Oyibo man dey criticize old African leaders but not ceremonial, everlasting seat of the Queen.

She even lords it over countries like Canada and Australia.

Oloshi!

Her position is ceremonial. More of a cultural heritage. Besides, she does not have constitutional powers in Canada; they only identify with her.
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by tartar9(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2019
Some of these so-called privileges are just ceremonial .If she commits any serious crime,she will be prosecuted and of course,she can always change religion.
If this was about an African monarch with such priveledges, you'd all be screaming by now.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by mofebosola(m): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2019
One thing that really excite me about all these powers and privileges is that they are hardly misused or will never be misused. This is unlike the African situations. Haven't you read of first ladies in Nigeria, Congo, Zimbabwe etc

3 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Praktikals(m): 9:43am On Oct 30, 2019
post=83583596:

Kiddo, mind the jargon you type online.
Pity the people that own you atleast,
even if you don't like yourself!
Be guided!
Take a chill pill, bro. Life is too short to be serious all the time.
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by antadiop2: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2019
post=83583591:
GOD BLESS THE QUEEN

Definitely no her Majesty the queen in the first picture with sir Balewa but princess Alexandra.

Please stand corrected

God bless
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Vega100: 9:45am On Oct 30, 2019
ImmaculateJOE:
I thought Church of England and Anglican Communion are the same?
it is .... church of England is Anglican.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Brunicekid(m): 9:49am On Oct 30, 2019
The Queen shaa sleep, shit, talk, smell...

She be human being too
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by ClitRaider: 9:51am On Oct 30, 2019
She owns some cows in daura.
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by DenreleDave(m): 9:51am On Oct 30, 2019
DameB:

Isn't the ability to influence also a form of power?
No mind me, I no go school
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by tartar9(m): 9:59am On Oct 30, 2019
tradepunter:

Islam is different, if not for the church of England we would be like Islam were one nation makes the laws and doctrine...
There won't even be peace in the world because we will be engaging in religious War by now..
Like the religious wars the church of England engaged in?
I don't understand,how is his question related to Islam.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Minemrys: 9:59am On Oct 30, 2019
ImmaculateJOE:
I thought Church of England and Anglican Communion are the same?
ehen na, Angli or Anglo stands for english. Since its england, u d0n't expect them to be calling their church Anglican. N0n english people call it anglican actually.

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Minemrys: 10:02am On Oct 30, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
Despite all these powers, I have never seen anybody lye down to greet her.

Africans should stop that daft attitude of lying down to greet kings in the name of culture.

No human is God.
ogbeni, we cann0t change our culture becos of d white people. Prostrating isn't worship, if it was, then tell catholics to stop calling bishops 'my lord'.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by mofedamijo(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2019
napoleon77:

Wrong my friend! She is not referred to as the Queen of England foremost. England hasn't had a separate monarch since the 1600s

Stop arguing and learn, she is Foremost the QUEEN OF ENGLAND. From the screenshot i attached you can see she is referred to as the Queen of England.

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Burruchaga71(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2019
Nnee Charlie
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by gozzy1988(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2019
Prince Phillip duke of Edinburgh

Who'd be the next ruler when she's gone? Prince Harry? Or Meghan Markle[/quote]
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by NotFarFrom: 10:37am On Oct 30, 2019
judgementyard:
Fp material.
Good one op.
Yeah, Good one op.
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 10:52am On Oct 30, 2019
Sheriman:
When will this Mama Die Gan Self?
Yà marmar don die already?
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by mu2sa2: 10:59am On Oct 30, 2019
Hypocrites will pretend they didn't see the fact that the Queen has no religious freedom: If she moves to another church or converts to another religion she will be removed as head of the church and clearly there is no way she can continue as queen. No freedom of religion for No.1 citiizen in a democratic country!

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Christmasdon(m): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2019
If she has all this rights. she can as well other 3 football draws like point and kill. clubs like man u, Arsenal , Accrington stanley. for her birthdays. okwiaaa!
The more u look less u see.
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Christmasdon(m): 11:47am On Oct 30, 2019
mu2sa2:
Hypocrites will pretend they didn't see the fact that the Queen has no religious freedom: If she converts to another religion she will be removed as head of the church and clearly there is no way she can continue as queen. No freedom of religion for No.1 citiizen in a democratic country!
. This is where she was brought to her knees.

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by tivta(m): 11:48am On Oct 30, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
Despite all these powers, I have never seen anybody lye down to greet her.

Africans should stop that daft attitude of lying down to greet kings in the name of culture.

No human is God.

You are throwing stones oh lol
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Christmasdon(m): 11:56am On Oct 30, 2019
tradepunter:

Islam is different, if not for the church of England we would be like Islam were one nation makes the laws and doctrine...
There won't even be peace in the world because we will be engaging in religious War by now..
. Shut it. in the first place nobody would have merged this country together as nigerian.
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

HRH Prince Charles Arthur Philip George, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, Earl of Rothesay, and should he predecease her Majesty, his eldest son HRH Prince William, Duke of Cambridge is next in line, and after him, his son Prince George, and then Prince Louis, and then Princess Charlotte.

Prince Harry comes after Princess Charlotte in the line of succession.

Thank you.
Re: Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
AryaSand:

Harry and Meghan won't even smell that throne. The queen's first son takes over when she's gone, if he departs, his own first son Prince William's takes over, if that one too goes, his son Prince George takes over. Everything is already structured.

Don't be too sure though. Queen Betty wouldn't have been there if one King, (I've forgotten the dude's name) didn't abdicate the throne following a sexual scandal. Or am I wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yoweri Museveni Declared Winner Of Ugandan 2021 Election (Sixth Term) / Knifeman Yelling 'allahu Akbar' Shot Dead After Killing Two In France / History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.