Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? (24062 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Raped And Strangled To Death By Her Cousin In South Africa / "How My Cousin Raped And Abused Me" Nigeria Twitter Lady Shares Her Story / Woman Raped And Killed In Jigawa State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by akpunda86: 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:
There is this single mum living just beside our house (She is single because she left her husband, accused him of not being faithful and not taking care of the family, They are not officially divorced.)

Now, she has 3 daughters only, 2 very little girls about 5 and 6 years that has been given out as maids and another girl of about 15 years and she and her daughter due to hardship is squatting with another family, living in their house for free.

One day as i was looking out from our house, I noticed some rowdy movement inside the squatters room. Then after a while, the introverted girl rushed out of the house Tensed ( Very Afraid). I asked her Ogini! but she never replied. After a while, the landlord of the house came out of her room claiming to be angry and making phone call.

I later called the girl and asked her, she first denied that she is being abused but later agreed and also told me that she had been raped by him b4 then she pleaded with me that I shouldn't tell anyone.

I talked to her mom about it and she started shouting at her daughter that she has warned her severally to always lock herself up whenever she is out selling food (which she does for a living). She made the victim guilty. I stopped her but she continued by saying that the house they are living is their only hope and anything that will make them chased out of their will not be accepted. He warned me to keep shut and stay out of her family business,That i shouldn't involve the police or the man's wife or street youth. She insisted that doing such will ruin their life in the city. Even the victim also begged me to keep it down

I wanted to go to church to report to his pastor but on second thought, pastor will invite the man and question him and this will bounce back on the victims family.

If you were in my shoes, what will you do as i don't want to hurt the victims family the more?

Can we help if in enugu.wish it is.then illl personally set the man up and make him an eunuch for life.
In enugu can help them with accommodation but lag no way.Guy report the man and free ur conscience.
To hell with the woman pls
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
Chei, life can deal with you to the extent that anything goes, you just accept your circumstance. 5, 6 years old children as maids, the oldest is being abused and molested and all her mom could do was scold her. These are the people we should create gofund me account for, If you really want to help, convince the woman to disclose her identity, take pictures of her and her daughter and set up a gofund me account for her. Share the link and maybe, just maybe good Nigerians and Nairalanders will come to her aid. If you report the landlord they will be out in the street in no time.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Sterope(f): 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
She left her husband because he was unfaithful to squat with another family. She is not concerned about the rape and abuse of her children. Basically, she is pimping out her daughter.

Gloriagee:
How's the mother a slut and how on earth do you equate squatting with comfort?

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Taku555(m): 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:
There is this single mum living just beside our house (She is single because she left her husband, accused him of not being faithful and not taking care of the family, They are not officially divorced.)

Now, she has 3 daughters only, 2 very little girls about 5 and 6 years that has been given out as maids and another girl of about 15 years and she and her daughter due to hardship is squatting with another family, living in their house for free.

One day as i was looking out from our house, I noticed some rowdy movement inside the squatters room. Then after a while, the introverted girl rushed out of the house Tensed ( Very Afraid). I asked her Ogini! but she never replied. After a while, the landlord of the house came out of her room claiming to be angry and making phone call.

I later called the girl and asked her, she first denied that she is being abused but later agreed and also told me that she had been raped by him b4 then she pleaded with me that I shouldn't tell anyone.

I talked to her mom about it and she started shouting at her daughter that she has warned her severally to always lock herself up whenever she is out selling food (which she does for a living). She made the victim guilty. I stopped her but she continued by saying that the house they are living is their only hope and anything that will make them chased out of their will not be accepted. He warned me to keep shut and stay out of her family business,That i shouldn't involve the police or the man's wife or street youth. She insisted that doing such will ruin their life in the city. Even the victim also begged me to keep it down

I wanted to go to church to report to his pastor but on second thought, pastor will invite the man and question him and this will bounce back on the victims family.

If you were in my shoes, what will you do as i don't want to hurt the victims family the more?

Get her a spy wrist watch to track the beast down. There must be a concrete evidence to nail him. He will surely come back. He is now like a pig being exposed to sweet potato.

My major concern is whether the victim would be willing to work with you...
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by akpunda86: 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

What is your conscience telling you.Are u hapoy now.my friend free your conscience and be happy.
The pervert is your neigbour someone related to you might be NEXT.

To hell with the woman.report to appropriate quaters.

SAVE A LIFE TODAY.SUCIDE MIGHT BE NEXT OPTION.

NWOKE BE A HERO AND SAVE A LIFE.
THANKS
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by franchasng: 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2019
bukatyne:

No bi only you dey wonder.
It sounds strange to me; you left your husband because he doesn't treat you well, and you went to squat another man who is molesting you and your daughters and you can endure it, what more is foolishness than this

Who knows if her husband got tired of her because she was unfaithful and maybe whenever the husband tried to correct her, she doesn't listen, leading the man to start treating her unfairly, who knows Because such a woman than covers an act like this can do and undo undecided

2 Likes

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by chinchonglee(m): 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

Bros pls keep out.. dnt extend the woman's suffering if u dnt av any alternative home for them.

Or better wait till u catch him in action, secretly record the act then use the video to blackmail him neva to try such on the girl again if not u ll show the video to all residents in dat hood
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by janettee(f): 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
nrexzy:

And stigmatization is ur best solution
Don't forget she and her mum are squatters... When they are chased out of the house and to d streets how many more rape occurance would be prevented....
It's very simple if u can afford to provide them with accommodation feeding wouldnt be their problem.. Contact the poster and get more details other than taking it personal...
If u don't have a solution to their problem please invest ur time in other relevant issues...
Thank u

You are not making sense, so it's right for her to be abused just because they are staying in the apartment for free. The landlord is literally taking advantage of a minor and you don't care because they are staying there for free.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by mark1010: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
Blackmail the man into renting a house for the family of the girl in question
Donald95:

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by janettee(f): 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Op please help the girl!.

If you know the psychological impact this abuse will have on her, you wouldn't consider the free apartment they are staying in.

Free apartment or not, a minor is getting abused and that's the MOST important thing here. Don't listen to the mum!.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Niflheim(m): 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
@Donald95,

Have you heard of WARIF? WOMEN AT RISK INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION!!!

Though they are only in Lagos!!!

THIS IS THEIR 24 HOUR CONFIDENTIAL HELPLINE
(+234)-809-210-0009

This is the link:............................................................https://warifng.org/our-people/
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by anonymuz(m): 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

You need to see this introverted quiet girl. She is so disconnected from this world.

My advice to parents is to always consider your children before talking of divorce. Before maltreating your wife out of the house or before taking your children from your husbands house, ALWAYS REMEMBER THE CHILDREN
it's like when two elephants are fighting, they say the grass is at the receiving end. Its a pity. Op shouldn't try pastor, cos we have many of them that are guilty of same crime. Best report to relevant agency, but have a good evidence. You can set the man up by telling the girl to agree a particular time for the man, so you go there maybe few minutes later with a recording device.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
BrutusOj:
Lawyers don finish from Nigeria?
No be money dem go use hire the lawyer? The worst of it all is they are squatters! Y'all should be responsible.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Kingininge(m): 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

Nice points. My problem is with the girl that refused to speak out and co-operate while being raped into depression. At least one of her uncle or Aunt could even take her up.

The mother kept her just for her to help in cooking the food she hulks around in wheelbarrow.

The father has already written them off because illiterates in our society still blames women when they produce only female children.

What i can do now is to pray for her

Please sir, when you are done with your prayers, quietly Go to Omega Power Ministries (OPM) branch in Aba and report this case.....
The church will take over their welfare and rehabilitate the woman with her daughters.They will give her free accommodation,give her capital to start a business and also enrol her children in OPM free school...
Thankyou bro

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Ayotemide:

Young Man.

I have it in good authority that you are a shallow minded and small thinking fellow. I would appreciate you getting something else to think on, Football or Barney maybe?

But as it relates to sexual abuse you clearly have no idea if you think silence should 'help' the victim.

please Gedifok.
You are talking without thinking, their lives are messed up if they report they will have to leave this kind of situation is hard to solve if it was in a better country just take her to the social workers but here orphanage nonsense home nonsense. The saddest feeling is when you are pushed to a corner but have no where to go.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by LadyHeaven(f): 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

You need to see this introverted quiet girl. She is so disconnected from this world.

My advice to parents is to always consider your children before talking of divorce. Before maltreating your wife out of the house or before taking your children from your husbands house, ALWAYS REMEMBER THE CHILDREN

What if the father was also molesting her? With the way you explained her situation it seems to run deeper than what you know.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

Thank you for bringing this out here. I will advise you to bring the matter to Twitter ant tab influencers like Segalink, Mazi and the likes. There are two things which need to be done:
1) Get financial help for the mother (at least one or two year rent). And once this is done and the mum is settled with the children
2) Report the landlord to child right groups and the police and get him locked up.

Let us make sure that human animals like that landlord don't work free in the midst of civilized human beings.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Klamour: 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
@Donald95

Please find a way of locating or getting the number of the girl's father and report this to him.

Second, you need to convince that little girl to open up to you more and cooperate with you in obtaining some hard (physical evidence) of the rape. She can arrange and inform you whenever the man comes to her. Even if she gave her consent, its Statutory Rape, because she's a minor and incapable of giving consent.

Third, You can approach the Ministry of Woman Affairs in your state. They handle such issues completely. They'll rehabilitate the family and secure accommodation for them, in collaboration with some NGO's that work with them.

Know that a crime is both an ACT and OMISSION. In this instance, your failure to get the authorities involved amounts to an OMISSION which is a crime. further, your conscience will not allow you condone such abuse and destruction of a young girl's life because of the gross stupidity of her parents.

That little girl, if not helped, will end up being a misnomer in the society. This is what makes 90% of girls become sex workers (early sexual abuse) which leads to lack of self worth and confidence.

Please, help the girl.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Hedonisco: 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
There's nothing you can do about it apart from organising money to get them accommodation. Anything else is just to worsen the life situation of the poor girl and her family. There's no 'authority' that would dispense justice to the poor. This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by stephenUgh(m): 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
what is d cost of renting a one room in dat area per month??
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by vinceobe: 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
Do not allow the bastard landlord get away with his atrocities. Because he provided them with squatter room, he now takes advantage of the poor girl. I believe he is already done with the mother. That girl can get pregnant and the useless landlord will procure a criminal abortion and the poor girl might die in the process. Save that hapless girls life.
Report the matter quickly to Girls Right Activist in your Lagos. Google them you will find their addresses nearest to you.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Rossycee(f): 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

Report the case to association of female lawyers in your location, get evidence.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by freda506(f): 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mindfulness:
If you must leave the father of your children, make sure it actually improves your and your children's situation. I don't see how her situation has improved if her 5 and 6 year old girls have been left at the mercy of strangers and her older one is being s.exually abused. Something doesn't sit right with me.
It clearly says in the op that the man was not taking care of them eve when they were with him and was unfaithful (exposing her to stds). The way some of you bend over and backwards to blame women for the evils of men is disgusting.

In civilized societies, the trash father would be made to pay child and spousal support, regardless of the location of the children. But in Nigeria, it's fair game for a man to be nonchalant about his kids' welfare.

You. Can't. Make. This. Shit. Up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Sirnuel: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

Here is my own solution

Gather like 10k, look for thugs that are well feared in your area, explain to them and give them the money they will understand... They should kidnap the man, and first make him admit the crime of Camera, then beat him up and threaten him with death if he ever tries such... And if he goes to the police, remind him you have evidence.

The thugs should cover the mans face to avoid implications.

Its the only way they won't be chased out

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by smithe113(m): 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2019
Ayotemide:

I hope nature can play its course with you too, given the circumstances.

You people have come again.....The guy said nothing wrong. That's the fact, if he doesn't have an accommodation for them, then he should fucking mind his business

The mother even knows about this and warned OP to Bleep off, why is he now still trying to form James Bond.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by freda506(f): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
Fuckthamods:
Captain save a hoe
Have you saved yourself finish? You won't mind ur fuckin business and drink water now. Mtcheeew
So, rape victims are hoes, now? Wow. The depravity is astounding.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Lionpikin(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

bold, this is what you get when you live in a society that blames women for everything and tells wives to be homebuilders while men are free to do as they please.

In sane societies the man would be forced to pay child support or be arrested but in Nigeria women are like lesser animals that take blame for husbands bad behaviour. Just imagine the comment the he goat made after his own daughter was raped.
The other day another guy started a similar topic to talk about a guy whose kids go around begging everybody while the father is busy denying they are his kids.

Nigeria is just paradise for useless and irresponsible fathers.

As for the topic if you have any way to financially help the woman or get her a job, house whatever I think you should do that. If she lives in abuja she should visit berekete family for the philanthropist ordinary Ahmed to help her. The guy will shock you with how well he can transform their lives, he takes things like this very serious. That is if the woman is ready to cooperate. He can also get the landlord arrested.
When they said girls love bad boys, you people will be arguing, the guy has always been irresponsible but he is the one the woman chose to have children for despite lots of gentlemen that would be asking her out in her time....I don't support irresponsibility one bit but in Nigeria (I have not been abroad), it is these set of men that mostly get all the girls, we see it everyday.....how a girl will be running after an irresponsible man that treats her like scum despite all her options always beat my imagination....I don't pity such girls when they start facing the repercussions, this is one of it....I'm sorry if I am sounding harsh, if I were the op, I would mind my business

2 Likes

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by smithe113(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

Mr OP aka James Bond, You did well reporting to the mother but someone already advised You to mind your business if you don't have an accommodation for the family.

Irrespective of whatever action you take, it would cost the families their accommodation and they won't move into your room at the end of tge day. The mother and daughter also understands this and already warned You to stay off.

I believe the mother is also working on something already. She Cant open her eyes and let " Talubo" enter
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by CHoccolaTE: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lionpikin:
When they said girls love bad boys, you people will be arguing, the guy has always been irresponsible but he is the one the woman chose to have children for despite lots of gentlemen that would be asking her out in her time....I don't support irresponsibility one bit but in Nigeria (I have not been abroad), it is these set of men that mostly get all the girls, we see it everyday.....how a girl will be running after an irresponsible man that treats her like scum despite all her options always beat my imagination....I don't pity such girls when they start facing the repercussions, this is one of it....I'm sorry if I am sounding harsh, if I were the op, I would mind my business
You dont support irresponsibility but if you were the op you would mind your business?
Women don't seek put irresponsible men that's a lie. Men pretend and lie to get married to unsuspecting women and then start showing their true colors after marriage.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Samfloxin(m): 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

bold, this is what you get when you live in a society that blames women for everything and tells wives to be homebuilders while men are free to do as they please.

In sane societies the man would be forced to pay child support or be arrested but in Nigeria women are like lesser animals that take blame for husbands bad behaviour. Just imagine the comment the he goat made after his own daughter was raped.
The other day another guy started a similar topic to talk about a guy whose kids go around begging everybody while the father is busy denying they are his kids.

Nigeria is just paradise for useless and irresponsible fathers.

As for the topic if you have any way to financially help the woman or get her a job, house whatever I think you should do that. If she lives in abuja she should visit berekete family for the philanthropist ordinary Ahmed to help her. The guy will shock you with how well he can transform their lives, he takes things like this very serious. That is if the woman is ready to cooperate. He can also get the landlord arrested.
Your submission is biased and one sided. The lady ran away from her husband's house without proper divorce. She took all her children with her when she knew she couldn't take care of them. just look at the condition she is subjecting them. Women feel they can survive without their husbands when they start seeing small money. She is responsible for her peril
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by bukatyne(f): 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

Nice points. My problem is with the girl that refused to speak out and co-operate while being raped into depression. At least one of her uncle or Aunt could even take her up.

The mother kept her just for her to help in cooking the food she hulks around in wheelbarrow.

The father has already written them off because illiterates in our society still blames women when they produce only female children.

What i can do now is to pray for her

Do you really expect this girl to cooperate with you?

She is dependent on her senseless mother who is dependent on the landlord and his accommodation.

Trust me, that girl is helpless and knows it. She also knows that as at today, she has no option than to run away from that house.

If she runs away, how does she feed, cloth and where would she stay? Is staying in a room where one landlord rapes her better or worse off than on the streets where she has to fend off different men?

Unfortunately, children suffer for the actions or in actions of their parents.

In addition to the prayers, get her close to your female relatives so they can counsel her and help her heal.

If she is done with secondary school, getting a menial job or blue collar job can also help so she is out of the house daily and somewhat safe from the beast of a landlord.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by CHoccolaTE: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Samfloxin:

Your submission is biased and one sided. The lady ran away from her husband's house without proper divorce. She took all her children with her when she knew she couldn't take care of them. just look at the condition she is subjecting them. Women feel they can survive without their husbands when they start seeing small money. She is responsible for her peril
Lol
No make me laugh abeg
So she should have stayed and went on living with the unfaithful man until he infected her with HIV or AIDS? Or you missed the part where she mentioned that the man was unfaithful?
If you had an unfaithful wife will you stay with her?
Also the man was not taking care of the children even when they were together, it's written in the first post so what difference does it make if she stays or goes?
Lastly the man is useless and irresponsible. He could have done something to help his kids after seperation if he wasnt so useless.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ikorodu Resident Recounts How He Narrowly Escaped Being Lynched By Mob / Gunmen Attack Abaomege Police Station In Ebonyi, One Officer Killed! / Father Sells His 9-month-old Son To Three Different Buyers In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.