Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,927 members, 7,824,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? (24095 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Raped And Strangled To Death By Her Cousin In South Africa / "How My Cousin Raped And Abused Me" Nigeria Twitter Lady Shares Her Story / Woman Raped And Killed In Jigawa State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
nrexzy:
Hmmm
If ur not giving them a new accommodation please stay d f##k away from their business... Sometimes life isn't fair allow nature play it's cause..
So rape and sexual abuse is nature taking its cause? May nature take it's cause on your sisters and daughters.
You must be from a very twisted background.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Sakes: 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sakes:
There are many ways this issue can be resolved!!!!
We talk as if the Landlord is all there is to the plight...

First of all.... Report the issue to a concern humanitarian agency possibly in the Ministry of women affairs .. Believe me they will take it from there.. They will Address the fear of Exposure & Accommodation. They already have modalities in place to deal with this kind of issue...
They may even get the father to pay support and provide alternative accommodation.

So, move fast before its late...
The point is that someone must hear of this misnoma to be able to help...

Don't depend on your Wisdom alone....
The issue is more than solvable!!!

Alternatively private Chat me!!!

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by oyigah(m): 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
Damn... Babe you are a detective
bukatyne:

@Donald95,

I must commend you on your passion to right the wrong done to the girl (victim).

Unfortunately, the problem is multifaceted. The mother is so poor that she gave out her 5yr and 6yr old as maids. What possibly could they do?

It seems she is using the 15yr old as a bait to men to get help because it would have made more sense to give the 15yr as a maid and keep the two toddlers with her. Again, the 15yr old would be more useful to her helping in the shop than locked in the house. The rape could have been orchestrated between mother and landlord and only reacting because you are involved.

I am beginning to suspect the woman's story. If her husband was really irresponsible, why can she go back to her family if no hope in the city? Why can't she keep the kids with her family or worse case in-laws if she wants to remain to hustle? She left her husband without a plan knowing well that he was the sole provider.

The father is also irresponsible; even if he no longer wants the mother, what about his flesh and blood?

What can you do?

Get the girl closer to your elder sister or mother so they mentor her to ease some of the damage she is going through. You can also invite her for youth programs in the church: she is broken hearted and needs healing.

If you report the mother anonymously, they will just put those kids in foster care because their father doesn't want them and I do not know how good or efficient our foster care is.

Don't discuss anything with the mom again so she doesn't alienate the girl from you.

How about the toddlers used as helps?

So so sad.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by foreshore(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:
There is this single mum living just beside our house (She is single because she left her husband, accused him of not being faithful and not taking care of the family, They are not officially divorced.)

Now, she has 3 daughters only, 2 very little girls about 5 and 6 years that has been given out as maids and another girl of about 15 years and she and her daughter due to hardship is squatting with another family, living in their house for free.

One day as i was looking out from our house, I noticed some rowdy movement inside the squatters room. Then after a while, the introverted girl rushed out of the house Tensed ( Very Afraid). I asked her Ogini! but she never replied. After a while, the landlord of the house came out of her room claiming to be angry and making phone call.

I later called the girl and asked her, she first denied that she is being abused but later agreed and also told me that she had been raped by him b4 then she pleaded with me that I shouldn't tell anyone.

I talked to her mom about it and she started shouting at her daughter that she has warned her severally to always lock herself up whenever she is out selling food (which she does for a living). She made the victim guilty. I stopped her but she continued by saying that the house they are living is their only hope and anything that will make them chased out of their will not be accepted. He warned me to keep shut and stay out of her family business,That i shouldn't involve the police or the man's wife or street youth. She insisted that doing such will ruin their life in the city. Even the victim also begged me to keep it down

I wanted to go to church to report to his pastor but on second thought, pastor will invite the man and question him and this will bounce back on the victims family.

If you were in my shoes, what will you do as i don't want to hurt the victims family the more?

No matter the circumstance they find themselves, an abuse is a dastardly act and must be condemned in its entirety. Its better to be reported now than left till it will not be under control and enormous damage done both physically and mentally to the would be victim
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by shege45: 6:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
nrexzy:
Hmmm
If ur not giving them a new accommodation please stay d f##k away from their business... Sometimes life isn't fair allow nature play it's cause..
bitter truth
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by sugarwiz1(f): 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

You need to see this introverted quiet girl. She is so disconnected from this world.

My advice to parents is to always consider your children before talking of divorce. Before maltreating your wife out of the house or before taking your children from your husbands house, ALWAYS REMEMBER THE CHILDREN
Now let me tell you.
The mother's divorce is not the reason for the abuse the daughter is facing, now u didnt think d child should be made to feel guilty for being rape so also the mother.
SHE LEFT AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP.
A predator will always find a prey. It might be another person's daughter. We should remember to never blame anybody but the rapist especially wen the victim is a child.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by wany(f): 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
AmazingELixir:

Op try and get the Twitter accounts of the Abia state first lady and the ministry of women affairs Abia state also tag Lindaikeji's account, just paste this your write up there I'm sure they will be very swift in response and the chances of providing the mother and child an apartment is very likely.

That bloody rapist will not go Scot free.i just can't understand why our society is so harsh toward the female gender especially the girl child.

I'm so disturbed in the spirit by that poor little girl's travails even the mother can't defend her child because of poverty.
Please help him do it please.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by nrexzy: 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

So rape and sexual abuse is nature taking its cause? May nature take it's cause on your sisters and daughters.

That's nature call not mine..... Cause and effect
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
freda506:

It clearly says in the op that the man was not taking care of them eve when they were with him and was unfaithful (exposing her to stds). The way some of you bend over and backwards to blame women for the evils of men is disgusting.

In civilized societies, the trash father would be made to pay child and spousal support, regardless of the location of the children. But in Nigeria, it's fair game for a man to be nonchalant about his kids' welfare.

You. Can't. Make. This. Shit. Up.

Now that her daughter is exposed to STDs the situation is much better. And who knows what they do to the little ones?
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by CanadaOrBust: 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:

You need to see this introverted quiet girl. She is so disconnected from this world.

My advice to parents is to always consider your children before talking of divorce. Before maltreating your wife out of the house or before taking your children from your husbands house, ALWAYS REMEMBER THE CHILDREN

So true - the children should always come first
I like your signature
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by mizzyoma(f): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
Biko don't listen to the mother help this underage girl have a better future, kindly report to he appreciate authorities you will be glad you did something than allowing the beast to ruin the Girl's future
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
bukatyne:

I very well agree with you.

The father was unfaithful and not taking care of the family.

At least, the kids were not helps and she did not have to mortgage her eldest for accommodation.

So sad.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by CanadaOrBust: 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
sugarwiz1:

Now let me tell you.
The mother's divorce is not the reason for the abuse the daughter is facing, now u didnt think d child should be made to feel guilty for being rape so also the mother.
SHE LEFT AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP.
A predator will always find a prey. It might be another person's daughter. We should remember to never blame anybody but the rapist especially wen the victim is a child.

U miss his point. He is just saying always consider the children. We don’t know how abusive her relationship was.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by CanadaOrBust: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
nrexzy:
Hmmm

MASTERCHIEF0847:

He has a point. Lions kill innocent animals painfully all day long - NATURE
People are kings today due ATROCITIES and subjugation of others committed by their ancestors - NATURE
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sakes:

It is very wrong to try to complicate an already messy situation.....
Your approach as well as that of the person you responded to is not good.....

Everyone makes a wrong decision at some point in life...
The Of did not raise this issue so you blame people that needs your help and advice.
Why are people like this
If you can't help... Then, ignore.. Don't add to the problem.
You can't change the marriage that has happened but you secure the future of this children that may have something to contribute in the future.....
Be part of the solution not the problem!!!!

Did you see where I gave OP some suggestions?
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lionpikin:
Bros, na so their lives be. It disgusts me really. Get sense, them no go gree.....if you have been trying to get a girl's attention by being nice to her, she would be snubbing you but start treating her like scum and boom just like magic, she would start doing the chasing....like seriously? then after getting whatever from such relationships, they would be looking for those good boys that they never responded to, to come and bail them out, like taking care of them and the child/children they had for the bad boys...it's that not bullshit?

That's big time bullshit. For me little things explain the greater you. She should have seen the red flags. And to all those saying I'm complicating the whole issue and blaming the woman, yes I am blaming her. You can't tell me a better guy and nice one for that matter didn't come by her n he would have done anything to please her yet she didn't give him a chance. It's her cross, she should carry it. But putting that little girl in such position, she should be nailed.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Lionpikin(m): 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Omar09:

That's big time bullshit. For me little things explain the greater you. She should have seen the red flags. And to all those saying I'm complicating the whole issue and blaming the woman, yes I am blaming her. You can't tell me a better guy and nice one for that matter didn't come by her n he would have done anything to please her yet she didn't give him a chance. It's her cross, she should carry it. But putting that little girl in such position, she should be nailed.
chop knuckle my gee.....are you in Lagos? na guys like you I dey like roll with
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lionpikin:
I am not absolving the man of responsibility and blame, my issue is , he has always been irresponsible and our dear sister despite the red flags chose him over all the other responsible men wooing her knowing fully well there would be repercussions, now she is facing it, I would not want to fight for such a person, they disgusts me.....las las, she go still see you as person wen wan pour sand for her garri like the op is witnessing....

Oga you are on your daily dose of red pill. Keep it up. How n why should I feel pity for the woman condition ni? Don't she have a home she came from?

Some people no mumu look back at all.

Imagine, the man did not wake n become irresponsible just like that. He has always been. OK look at this scenario, a girl in my street she's doing all she can so that a one Yahoo guy like that will notice her, a guy who has nothing doing but yahoo, is that guy responsible? OK when she gets pregnant and maybe the guy runs away, she will start claiming all men are scum. She saw the red flag oh... But hey I want money n he is cute. Nansense n runs girl.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lionpikin:
chop knuckle my gee.....are you in Lagos? na guys like you I dey like roll with

Bro I'm in Owerri.
@op should inform his parents about this, they can provide accommodation for them then take it up legally.

Some people who just want to talk will not see the bolded

Donald95

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by introvertme: 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
freda506:

So, rape victims are hoes, now? Wow. The depravity is astounding.

I don't know how that idiot typed that comfortably.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Lionpikin(m): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
Omar09:

Oga you are on your daily dose of red pill. Keep it up. How n why should I feel pity for the woman condition ni? Don't she have a home she came from?

Some people no mumu look back at all.

Imagine, the man did not wake n become irresponsible just like that. He has always been. OK look at this scenario, a girl in my street she's doing all she can so that a one Yahoo guy like that will notice her, a guy who has nothing doing but yahoo, is that guy responsible? OK when she gets pregnant and maybe the guy runs away, she will start claiming all men are scum. She saw the red flag oh... But hey I want money n he is cute. Nansense n runs girl.
tomorrow she go begin find gentleman like me wen she wan pour the wahala wen the yahoo boy put for her body on.... anything she see for inside, make she take am like that, I no go pity and I no go help her

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lionpikin:
tomorrow she go begin find gentleman like me wen she wan pour the wahala wen the yahoo boy put for her body on.... anything she see for inside, make she take am like that, I no go pity and I no go help her

Simple.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by buzorcharles(m): 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
Shelloween:
1. Get evidence. ( Work with the girl and get incriminating evidence against the man)

2. Going to church is a waste of time. Report that beast to the appropriate authorities. He needs to face the full force of the law.

3. Save that poor child

And what will happen to the poor girl and her mom when the wicked man is in jail? Do u have any alternative for them? For me if no one is willing to help them with shelter let them manage where they are rather than to be thrown out where lots of vultures will devour her.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by CanadaOrBust: 11:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
BitmapStudios:
Stories like this makes me cry. The dilemma of a young student, handicapped by his own state of affairs but wants to help a young teenager, who is a victim of rape and constant molestation.

There was this welfare program on Nairaland some years back, I think TEHN(?), where Nairalanders contribute funds and resources to help people. Can we get it to help this young girl.
CC: Seun Mukina2 Dominique Mynd44 RoyalRoy
SoS: THIS GIRL NEEDS HELP!!!
cool

Years’ back? Your profile shows you joined NL last year
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by BitmapStudios: 3:51am On Oct 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Years’ back? Your profile shows you joined NL last year
And there are many of us that have been on this forum for many years but had to open a new account due to login issue to so many other reasons. Mine? I needed a profile for my photography business.
You know what? I really don't get you, what are you trying to say?
cool
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 31, 2019
this is list of NGOS in nigeria

these are the ones in abia

Health & Social Service Initiative
Rt. Rev. Samuel C.A. Chukuka Diocesan Bishop Isukwuato/Umuneeochi Ang. Communion

Grassroots Community
Development Initiative
61/63 Uwalaka Str. Umuahia, Abia State

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

He has a point. Lions kill innocent animals painfully all day long - NATURE
People are kings today due ATROCITIES and subjugation of others committed by their ancestors - NATURE
We are humans, not savages. Your brain is way more advanced than that of a lion, a lion has only one instinct - survival.
Don't be a rape/sexual abuse apologist.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by sodres: 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
Dude leave their family alone.
What shall it profit you when you snitch on the man and then got arrested only for the landlord to bribe is way out and also chase the family out of his house. Are you ready to provide them with accommodation and financial help? Even tho what you want to do is good but sometimes one just have to mind his/her own business. Move on and leave them alone else the mother will blame you for their misfortune
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by syntekelite(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
@op you re really in a true dilemna and i know u wish u hadnt been witness to such..but u have.. ask yourself only this question,what if it was your younger sibling?? wld you want whoever saw such to tel you, help or keep mum?? wateva answer you tell urself is the action you should take.. may God never let evil locate us..
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Amenya96(f): 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
Report the case to @ warif_ng on instagram.They can help you
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by CanadaOrBust: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

We are humans, not savages. Your brain is way more advanced than that of a lion, a lion has only one instinct - survival.
Don't be a rape/sexual abuse apologist.

We are discussing NATURE and how it has things set up. Same way NATURE did not care about the suffering of the animals when it set it up that lions have to torture and eat them to survive, same way human affairs. Man is an animal and always trying to take from or supplant the other. That’s why we have armies who do the killing for us. Because, just like the lion, we have to kill to survive. Only, we don’t do the killing directly. I bet u never knew u were a killer, but u r. And people are kings today because their ancestors out-killed and out-wickeded their neighbours. NATURE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Joseph Ojo: 15 People Chained In Lagos Church, Rescued By Police / Sales Boy Kills Madam With A Pestle For Demanding Account / 26 Suspected Cultists Killed In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.