Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? (24075 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Raped And Strangled To Death By Her Cousin In South Africa / "How My Cousin Raped And Abused Me" Nigeria Twitter Lady Shares Her Story / Woman Raped And Killed In Jigawa State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lionpikin:
When they said girls love bad boys, you people will be arguing, the guy has always been irresponsible but he is the one the woman chose to have children for despite lots of gentlemen that would be asking her out in her time....I don't support irresponsibility one bit but in Nigeria (I have not been abroad), it is these set of men that mostly get all the girls, we see it everyday.....how a girl will be running after an irresponsible man that treats her like scum despite all her options always beat my imagination....I don't pity such girls when they start facing the repercussions, this is one of it....I'm sorry if I am sounding harsh, if I were the op, I would mind my business

Bro you just said the hard truth. I don't like the fact that a minor is being raped and abused, but the mother should have known better. Her husband didn't just wake up one morning and started behaving reckless and irresponsible. It's been there yet he was the one deemed fit to father her kids. How appalling.

But no matter what the wife must have done, that man should have come to rescue the kid. Some people get mind.

2 Likes

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by shogsman(m): 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
If not for stigmatization, I'd suggest you start a go fund me account for them.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by stephnie44(f): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:
There is this single mum living just beside our house (She is single because she left her husband, accused him of not being faithful and not taking care of the family, They are not officially divorced.)

Now, she has 3 daughters only, 2 very little girls about 5 and 6 years that has been given out as maids and another girl of about 15 years and she and her daughter due to hardship is squatting with another family, living in their house for free.

One day as i was looking out from our house, I noticed some rowdy movement inside the squatters room. Then after a while, the introverted girl rushed out of the house Tensed ( Very Afraid). I asked her Ogini! but she never replied. After a while, the landlord of the house came out of her room claiming to be angry and making phone call.

I later called the girl and asked her, she first denied that she is being abused but later agreed and also told me that she had been raped by him b4 then she pleaded with me that I shouldn't tell anyone.

I talked to her mom about it and she started shouting at her daughter that she has warned her severally to always lock herself up whenever she is out selling food (which she does for a living). She made the victim guilty. I stopped her but she continued by saying that the house they are living is their only hope and anything that will make them chased out of their will not be accepted. He warned me to keep shut and stay out of her family business,That i shouldn't involve the police or the man's wife or street youth. She insisted that doing such will ruin their life in the city. Even the victim also begged me to keep it down

I wanted to go to church to report to his pastor but on second thought, pastor will invite the man and question him and this will bounce back on the victims family.

If you were in my shoes, what will you do as i don't want to hurt the victims family the more?
who knows d man might be sleeping with d girl's mum too
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

You dont support irresponsibility but if you were the op you would mind your business?
Women don't seek put irresponsible men that's a lie. Men pretend and lie to get married to unsuspecting women and then start showing their true colors after marriage.

You are wrong. There must have been red flags. No matter how a lie is smoothened, it can never stay hidden for a long time. Women are drawn to potential bad guys and irresponsible men that would ruin their life and later they will cry foul. Just few are lucky. If it's a lie, check your life and the people you have turned down for the people you have and still dating.

3 Likes

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
@Donald95

Start a gofundme account, tag those famous Nigerian activist whose area are in rape n saving the girl child, get the money rent an apartment for the mom n girl, the remaining let her use it for business, then report the man to an appropriate agency to deal with him.

Oga if you live with your parents, talk to them about this issue, ask them house this family till the go fund me account is reasonable for them to get house, then let the appropriate authorities take up the case.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by sucess001(m): 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
5 & ^ year old given out as maids

Goodness!!!!
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by AmazingELixir: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
Donald95:
There is this single mum living just beside our house (She is single because she left her husband, accused him of not being faithful and not taking care of the family, They are not officially divorced.)

Now, she has 3 daughters only, 2 very little girls about 5 and 6 years that has been given out as maids and another girl of about 15 years and she and her daughter due to hardship is squatting with another family, living in their house for free.

One day as i was looking out from our house, I noticed some rowdy movement inside the squatters room. Then after a while, the introverted girl rushed out of the house Tensed ( Very Afraid). I asked her Ogini! but she never replied. After a while, the landlord of the house came out of her room claiming to be angry and making phone call.

I later called the girl and asked her, she first denied that she is being abused but later agreed and also told me that she had been raped by him b4 then she pleaded with me that I shouldn't tell anyone.

I talked to her mom about it and she started shouting at her daughter that she has warned her severally to always lock herself up whenever she is out selling food (which she does for a living). She made the victim guilty. I stopped her but she continued by saying that the house they are living is their only hope and anything that will make them chased out of their will not be accepted. He warned me to keep shut and stay out of her family business,That i shouldn't involve the police or the man's wife or street youth. She insisted that doing such will ruin their life in the city. Even the victim also begged me to keep it down

I wanted to go to church to report to his pastor but on second thought, pastor will invite the man and question him and this will bounce back on the victims family.

If you were in my shoes, what will you do as i don't want to hurt the victims family the more?

Op try and get the Twitter accounts of the Abia state first lady and the ministry of women affairs Abia state also tag Lindaikeji's account, just paste this your write up there I'm sure they will be very swift in response and the chances of providing the mother and child an apartment is very likely.

That bloody rapist will not go Scot free.i just can't understand why our society is so harsh toward the female gender especially the girl child.

I'm so disturbed in the spirit by that poor little girl's travails even the mother can't defend her child because of poverty.

Cc

Donald95
wany

3 Likes

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by freda506(f): 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2019
Omar09:

Bro you just said the hard truth. I don't like the fact that a minor is being raped and abused, but the mother should have known better. Her husband didn't just wake up one morning and started behaving reckless and irresponsible. It's been there yet he was the one deemed fit to father her kids. How appalling.

But no matter what the wife must have done, that man should have come to rescue the kid. Some people get mind.
Yes. Let's blame women for men being useless, and let's pretend responsible men are lying around in excess and women are deliberately not picking.

Look at all of you absolving the man of all responsibility and blame. Must be nice.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by litaninja(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
Church na police station?
Why has religion turned all of you like this?

Donald95:

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Annie001: 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
Whether you have accommodation for them or not
Pleased report the bastard to the appropriate authorities
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by 9ja083: 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
The man has been doing this to her for some time now. There have to be a way out. Any NGO to help?
Tell the man's wife and make her promise u that she wont hurt them. At least it will make her keep an eye on the man.
This is serious
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by CHoccolaTE: 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
Omar09:

You are wrong. There must have been red flags. No matter how a lie is smoothened, it can never stay hidden for a long time. Women are drawn to potential bad guys and irresponsible men that would ruin their life and later they will cry foul. Just few are lucky. If it's a lie, check your life and the people you have turned down for the people you have and still dating.

Really? You decided to go personal and accuse me of liking bad guys that can ruin my life? That means men also like big Ukwu women that are irresponsible and badly behaved. All they care about is big Ukwu, they don't mind if the woman is first grade olosho sofa d yansh is bag.

If you doubt me check the type of women you yourself are dating or attracted to.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
freda506:

Yes. Let's blame women for men being useless, and let's pretend responsible men are lying around in excess and women are deliberately not picking.

Look at all of you absolving the man of all responsibility and blame. Must be nice.

Did you see where I absolved the man of his responsibility? Didn't you see where I wrote,
But no matter what the wife must have done, that man should have come to rescue the kid. Some people get mind
Abi you just want to talk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

Really? You decided to go personal and accuse me of liking bad guys that can ruin my life? That means men also like big Ukwu women that are irresponsible and badly behaved. All they care about is big Ukwu, they don't mind if the woman is first grade olosho sofa d yansh is bag.

If you doubt me check the type of women you yourself are dating or attracted to.

Jokes on you, I don't like big ukwu, as for the flat ones I don't know if they are oloshi, I can't say for sure, currently I'm without a date, n don't wish to enter any either for the same reason of your kind going after irresponsible guys.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by CHoccolaTE: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
Omar09:

Jokes on you, I don't like big ukwu, as for the flat ones I don't know if they are oloshi, I can't say for sure, currently I'm without a date, n don't wish to enter any either for the same reason of your kind going after irresponsible guys.

Haha stop lying now.

Your kind always goes after irresponsible olosho big ukwu women grin
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by SmellingAnus(m): 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
nrexzy:
Hmmm
If ur not giving them a new accommodation please stay d f##k away from their business... Sometimes life isn't fair allow nature play it's cause..
I perfectly agree with.... They should be thinking of how to relocate them before making a case or reporting the matter ...

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

Haha stop lying now.

Your kind always goes after irresponsible olosho big ukwu women grin

Believe what you may, but I'm scared I might end up with one n like 5yrs later she will start having saggy boobs and ukwu. It's not my portion.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by panimine(f): 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2019
what a disgusting stuff happening. For females it hurts a lot to see it
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by freda506(f): 3:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
Omar09:

Did you see where I absolved the man of his responsibility? Didn't you see where I wrote,
Abi you just want to talk?

Yes, you did. You explicitly blamed the woman for choosing the man, instead of calling him out for making the CONSCIOUS DECISION to be irresponsible.

Your supposed post blaming of the man still started with the caveat, "....But no matter what the wife must have done."

So, the woman had to something make him not take of their children?

Please don't play dumb. You know good and well what you intended with that conditional statement.

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by nrexzy: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
janettee:

You are not making sense, so it's right for her to be abused just because they are staying in the apartment for free. The landlord is literally taking advantage of a minor and you don't care because they are staying there for free.

For you to make sense provide them with accommodation and then u can take up the case...
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by HarryDuce(m): 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

Lol
No make me laugh abeg
So she should have stayed and went on living with the unfaithful man until he infected her with HIV or AIDS? Or you missed the part where she mentioned that the man was unfaithful?
If you had an unfaithful wife will you stay with her?
Also the man was not taking care of the children even when they were together, it's written in the first post so what difference does it make if she stays or goes?
Lastly the man is useless and irresponsible. He could have done something to help his kids after seperation if he wasnt so useless.
She should've stayed back as long as she, or her children, were not abused or thrown out. It makes a lot of difference. Shelter for one.
You cannot compare a man to a woman in this case. You can say its sexism or misogyny and I would agree, but that is the dictate of our society as we see it.

The man will most likely fend for himself than the woman would in the same situation.

Many people deal with adulterous spouses (men and women) without the knowledge of the kids for years; I have witnessed this in my circle of acquaintances. Had they been childless, her decision to leave would have been understandable and justified (It is justified regardless but not wholly rational). The best thing is to deny your partner sex. You can't stop such a partner from cheating.
This is not the western world. Everyone will want to mind their business. That's how it is.

@Op
Anyhow, the mother's nonchalance towards your observation speaks a lot on her person. I would suggest you inform the necessary organisations/authorities but the practical solution is to help them out financially to leave and get an apartment for themselves.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by nrexzy: 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lamanii22:

You gave the right answer...
It's just that simple

1 Like

Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Omar09(m): 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
freda506:

Yes, you did. You explicitly blamed the woman for choosing the man, instead of calling him out for making the CONSCIOUS DECISION to be irresponsible.

Your supposed post blaming of the man still started with the caveat, "....But no matter what the wife must have done."

So, the woman had to something make him not take of their children?

Please don't play dumb. You know good and well what you intended with that conditional statement.

The man sick in the head. I don't blame her for her choice likewise I don't pity her either. It's the little underage girl I'm pitying. I mean all these could have been avoided if she had given that witty little insecure guy a chance. But welps what have we here?
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Lionpikin(m): 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

You dont support irresponsibility but if you were the op you would mind your business?
Women don't seek put irresponsible men that's a lie. Men pretend and lie to get married to unsuspecting women and then start showing their true colors after marriage.
While I agree that some men pretend, the majority of ladies that are single mothers got pregnant for the 'bad boys' with their eyes wide open. These guys didn't just wake up and start behaving irresponsible, the character was always there, but their dumbness won't allow them see it.....look around you and look at the number of girls running after the bad boys in your area despite other gentlemen. When you try to advice them, you become the enemy but when they start facing the consequences and you turn your face, you become a bad person....
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Lionpikin(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Omar09:

Bros, na so their lives be. It disgusts me really. Get sense, them no go gree.....if you have been trying to get a girl's attention by being nice to her, she would be snubbing you but start treating her like scum and boom just like magic, she would start doing the chasing....like seriously? then after getting whatever from such relationships, they would be looking for those good boys that they never responded to, to come and bail them out, like taking care of them and the child/children they had for the bad boys...it's that not bullshit?
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Lionpikin(m): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
freda506:

I am not absolving the man of responsibility and blame, my issue is , he has always been irresponsible and our dear sister despite the red flags chose him over all the other responsible men wooing her knowing fully well there would be repercussions, now she is facing it, I would not want to fight for such a person, they disgusts me.....las las, she go still see you as person wen wan pour sand for her garri like the op is witnessing....
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by fatwhite(m): 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
Please help her reach out to human right activist.
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by wany(f): 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
nrexzy:
Hmmm
If ur not giving them a new accommodation please stay d f##k away from their business... Sometimes life isn't fair allow nature play it's cause..

Are you OK,so because he is not offering accommodation,he should turn a blind eye.do you realize the sexual torture the poor girl is going through,a mere 15yr old.where is your heart?
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Sakes: 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
Omar09:

It is very wrong to try to complicate an already messy situation.....
Your approach as well as that of the person you responded to is not good.....

Everyone makes a wrong decision at some point in life...
The Of did not raise this issue so you blame people that needs your help and advice.
Why are people like this
If you can't help... Then, ignore.. Don't add to the problem.
You can't change the marriage that has happened but you secure the future of this children that may have something to contribute in the future.....
Be part of the solution not the problem!!!!
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by crackhaus: 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
franchasng:
She left her husband because he was not treating her well and went to squat with a stranger, a man who is now raping her daughter and she is hiding it to avoid being thrown out of the house by the stranger man.

If she could endure a stranger molesting her and her daughters, why couldn't she endure her husband's ill character and engaged in things that fetched her money while she saves money gradually to get her own apartment

Just wondering cry

Meanwhile op, if you don't have money to help them rent an apartment, please stay out of it, talk is not help, help involves financial commitment and if you are not capable of committing financially, just stay on your lane and stop being a wusie undecided
Lol, I like this chic cheesy
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Sakes: 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
There are many ways this issue can be resolved!!!!
We talk as if the Landlord is all there is to the plight...

First of all.... Report the issue to a concern humanitarian agency possibly in the women Ministry.. Believe me they will take it from there.. They will Address the fear of Exposure & Accommodation. They already have modalities in place to deal with this kind of issue... Make this known to the mother too as clearly as possible... That help can come by way of accommodation and Less exposure.. If she refuses...REPORT HER TOO as an Accomplice... State the reason for your suspicions!!!
The kind of WOMAN that will sacrifice her children's dignity for her own survival..is not supposed to have children.. Who exactly is she working for... Herself or her children
The Agency may even get the father to pay support and provide alternative accommodation.

So, move fast before its late...
The point is that someone must hear of this misnoma to be able to help...

Don't depend on your Wisdom alone....
The issue is more than solvable!!!

Alternatively private Chat me!!!
Re: Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? by Sakes: 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
franchasng:
She left her husband because he was not treating her well and went to squat with a stranger, a man who is now raping her daughter and she is hiding it to avoid being thrown out of the house by the stranger man.

If she could endure a stranger molesting her and her daughters, why couldn't she endure her husband's ill character and engaged in things that fetched her money while she saves money gradually to get her own apartment

Just wondering cry

Meanwhile op, if you don't have money to help them rent an apartment, please stay out of it, talk is not help, help involves financial commitment and if you are not capable of committing financially, just stay on your lane and stop being a wusie undecided

Are you Married kiss
Do you have children?? shocked
If you don't...Then desist from commenting on this issue and retract your words & wrong advise. You were informed to help.....not blame!!!

If you do have children .... Then I pity you.... Madam..... Its pathetic you resort to blame and not help... You understand nothing about life though you claim to know the world.
People may praise you... But, you don't know the implications of what you said!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Father Sells His 9-month-old Son To Three Different Buyers In Ogun / Gunmen Attack Abaomege Police Station In Ebonyi, One Officer Killed! / Teenage Mom Sells Second Child After Her Mom Sold The First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.