Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,577 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan (5647 Views)

I Cant Eat Without Excess Pepper In My Food. Why? / Come & Join Me Is Now A Problem: My Friend Will Sit & Finish My Food For Me! / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by MariaAngeles: 9:42am On Nov 02, 2019
IamR:

OP, why can't you upload the real pictures instead of picking from Google? Abi na made up stories you dey tell here?
...because he needed to show us what the foods looked like undecided
Why so much fuss anyways ?
I wouldn't enjoy the thread without pictures

4 Likes

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by nlPoster: 10:26am On Nov 02, 2019
If he has a phone, surely he can take pictures of the food?

2 Likes

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by nlPoster: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2019
Here's a site with all the pictures he's posting:

https://trip101.com/fr/art%C3%ADculo/cuisine-traditionnelle-au-soudan-fr

What is the reason for this thread?

1 Like

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by nlPoster: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:
The photos I took of each meal aren't on this my current phone so I decided to improvise via it he Web.

And I appreciate the fact that y'all took time out to do research on the meals aforementioned.

I appreciate you all, now let's get back to it.

We really dont have to.

2 Likes

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 11:10am On Nov 02, 2019
nlPoster:

We really dont have to.

Why you mad bro??

I just wanted to share my food experience in Sudan, but since y'all aren't happy I did the thread with photos from the Web then I'll stop.

Peace and love.
Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by nlPoster: 11:26am On Nov 02, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:

Why am I mad bro??

I just wanted to share my food experience in Sudan, but since y'all aren't happy I did the thread with photos from the Web then I'll stop.

Peace and love.

Same to you.

You are not sharing your food experience in Sudan, you're simply lifting pictures from the web and claiming that's what you ate.

2 Likes

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2019
nlPoster:

Same to you.

You are not sharing your food experience in Sudan, you're simply lifting pictures from the web and claiming that's what you ate.

Wow, I guess you're not hip to how it works.

Do you know how threads I've come across on various spaces that don't use actual photos but sources from the Web.

No issues bro, I apologize if my lifting photos off the Web offended you as I didn't have the photos presently on my handy.
Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by IamR: 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
MariaAngeles:

...because he needed to show us what the foods looked like undecided
Why so much fuss anyways ?
I wouldn't enjoy the thread without pictures
I still don't know why you are romancing dishonesty and plagiarism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by nlPoster: 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:

Wow, I guess I'm not hip to how it works.

Do you know how threads I've come across on various spaces that don't use actual photos but sources from the Web.

No issues bro, I apologize if my lifting photos off the Web offended you as I didn't have the photos presently on my handy.

I am not offended.

And all you had to do was say, these are pictures of food from Sudan, not My food journey through Sudan and this is the food I saw there.

The way you started the thread was actually off, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt, just saying.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by MariaAngeles: 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
IamR:

I still don't know why you are romancing dishonesty and plagiarism.

I wouldn't mind if my food pictures were used to showcase Nigerian foods undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by MariaAngeles: 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
Wow!
People gat issues!
There are people roaming about, looking for whom to pour their frustrations on undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by MrBONE2(m): 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
MariaAngeles:
Wow!
People gat issues!
There are people roaming about, looking for whom to pour their frustrations on undecided

That's what I have been seeing here grin

3 Likes

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Mariangeles(f): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:

Why you mad bro??

Peace and love.
Please don't stop .
I'm enjoying it...it's interesting

You can post pictures, but give credits this time smiley

4 Likes

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
I second our plantain girl please. grin grin
I've been surfing Nairaland for a while now for something interesting to read. Came across this thread only to see along the way that some people aren't happy cos he didn't use personal pictures. Did he watermark it?
His post is just a simple and personal experience and not formal in anyway. So why the fuss?
I've learnt new stuffs sef. The weather, the food, their relationship with people.

Op, please continue jare. I had to login from being a guest to support you.
So, continue abeg. Everyone must not be happy with you.

Mariangeles:

Please don't stop .
I'm enjoying it...it's interesting

You can post pictures, but give credits this time smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Mariangeles(f): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
Niyoda:
I second our plantain girl please. grin grin
I've been surfing Nairaland for a while now for something interesting to read. Came across this thread only to see along the way that some people aren't happy cos he didn't use personal pictures. Did he watermark it?
His post is just a simple and personal experience and not formal in anyway. So why the fuss?
I've learnt new stuffs sef. The weather, the food, their relationship with people.

Op, please continue jare. I had to login from being a guest to support you.
So, continue abeg. Everyone must not be happy with you.

Cc: Mr Wuzyurdaddy

1 Like

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
smiley
Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mariangeles:

Cc: My Wuzyurdaddy

smiley
Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Mariangeles(f): 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:

smiley
I swear, I meant Mr embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by MrBONE2(m): 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:
smiley

Please continue Bros,

Cos my Waiting mode is seriously having effect on Bumpy Tummy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Mariangeles:

I swear, I meant Mr embarassed
Ehn ehn, now I know why you're supporting him. Lovebirds.

Just kidding. tongue

@Wuzurdaddy, feel free to continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by MariaAngeles: 11:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
theButterfly:
Ehn ehn, now I know why you're supporting him. Lovebirds.

Just kidding. tongue

@Wuzurdaddy, feel free to continue.
grin grin grin

How did that happen ? grin

Your emojis are cool by the way...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by nlPoster: 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
He's pretty much almost used up all the photos available on the web, so why make him start looking everywhere for the few pictures he didn't feature.

You folks can also just google the food like he did?
Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 2:55am On Nov 05, 2019
nlPoster:
He's pretty much almost used up all the photos available on the web, so why make him start looking everywhere for the few pictures he didn't feature.

You folks can also just google the food like he did?

This guy did it for me, thanks Chief now let's get back to it.

The moment you touchdown Sudan, the first thing that hits you is the heat wave.

I was always dressed like a local with their white jelab,

1 Like

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 3:17am On Nov 05, 2019
They somehow always mistook me for a local and somehow always spoke Arabic to me, me? I just smiled and would always respond 'Marfi Arabic' which translates to 'I don't speak Arabic'.

Nigerians neva* cast there so they actually love us due to our economic value.

The hotel we lodged in was mostly occupied by Nigerians, Indians and Pakistanis, I'm not a tribalist so I'd skip that part grin

Lodging was pretty cheap so I was there for months and actually started getting treated like family.

There was this period we had a very nasty sandsttorm, these happens when the dust/air from the Sahara is tired of occupying the Sahara and decides to bless is with dust.

It was publicized on TV for everyone to stay indoors from 6pm to the next day, but 6pm is go time for us kuz* we always went out to eat at that time.

So on this occasion we left the hotel pretty early say around 4:30-issh to play soccer after which we would branch at Kebab Dynasty which was the closest we got to eating Suya kuz* the Chef was from Togo so he had and idea of how we run tinz* back in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 3:39am On Nov 05, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/1122902/cook-kitchen-take-pictures-post/700#68293705

This next story can be verified to all the doubting Thomases and Thomasinas, that's the link.

I just remembered I did post one or two photos when I came back, now let's get back to it.

So on this very day we set out to train at a nearby pitch, we had so much fun we actually forgot about the Sandstorm alert they gave us, so when it started earlier than publicized we all had to abandon ship and run back to the hotel.

But while we were running I just thought and then shouted out 'wetin we go chow?' that was how we all stopped running and branched at Kebab Dynasty and had to buy Mandi and Kisra.

It's basically palm oil rice without too much salt and Basil leaves with Lime and grilled chicken oiled with peanut butter..

2 Likes

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by EmmGee: 10:59am On Nov 05, 2019
Nice one OP. I can remember a while back on that food thread we chatted, you told me you're a football player. nice to know you're still here.

btw have you tried ful? cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
EmmGee:
Nice one OP. I can remember a while back on that food thread we chatted, you told me you're a football player. nice to know you're still here.

btw have you tried ful? cheesy

Sure brotha* and you told me you were in School or something like that, I was going to touch Ful very soon.

I was saving it for last, that meal saved our lives back in Sudan.

1 Like

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by MariaAngeles: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nice update @ Wuzyurdaddy

I was thinking to try out that moukhbaza, but my mind no carry am...I couldn't come to terms with how bananas and peppers go be together undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by EmmGee: 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:

Sure brotha* and you told me you were in School or something like that, I was going to touch Ful very soon.

I was saving it for last, that meal saved our lives back in Sudan.
yes I'm in school. but I'm writing my final exams now. You're no longer in sudan?

1 Like

Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 06, 2019
Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:26am On Nov 07, 2019
MariaAngeles:
Nice update @ Wuzyurdaddy

I was thinking to try out that moukhbaza, but my mind no carry am...I couldn't come to terms with how bananas and peppers go be together undecided

Looks can be deceiving you know.

It actually tasted nice ma'am
Re: My Food Journey In Khartoum, Sudan by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:27am On Nov 07, 2019
EmmGee:

yes I'm in school. but I'm writing my final exams now. You're no longer in sudan?

Nice one Brah, I left Sudan last year due to man.

It got to me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Bread Recipes / See Fresh Octopus From Akwaibom Sea / Whats Your Favourite Sea Food Meat? I Love Sea Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.