Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions (49228 Views)

Peter Obi, Others Lose Abuja Lands, As Wike Revokes 167 Plots / Assembly Election 2023: Osun Speaker, Others Lose As PDP Wins 25 Seats / Abaribe, Others Lose N300m Bail Bond As FG Rearrests Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Jimi24: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
kunleweb:

Na so, start from pencil first oode

Its a generational curse to be smuggling second hand clothes. If this is the quality of argument for opening the border, let it be closed for ever.
I see the nonsense everyday. Market women wearing night club wear to their stall every day. What nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by govomotors: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
It's only a fool that will believe such a story, it would have been believable if the writer states that 98 firms shut down due to border closure

How can 98 firm relocate within a month, relocation a company will take more than 6 month. They have to get a land and get approval before building.

The writer should name just 6 companies for us to believe his story.

Like the American will say " I was born in the night is not last night".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by fabolouz1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
President Buhari should not change his mind on this. Let the border remain closed.
These thieves who have been short changing the country will pay the media to write all sort of false stories.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Empredboy(m): 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
Advancedman:

Pls get education
please explain. Nigerchin, stroex tank, eleganza are some of the few companies who have customers in all the west Africa.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by americaninja1: 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
North Korean exports to China were nearly $3 billion, with imports of about $3.6 billion... Wat difference does dat make. We all know NK border is closed to the rest of the world. My point is a country cant survive alone, u cant have it all. When d local industries produce cheaper and quality goods, importation will reduce naturally. U cant kill d local industries with taxes and no enabling environment and still close border.
Jimi24:

Lies.
N Korean border is wide open to China an economy of 1.5 billion people and they are still poor.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by kunleweb: 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
Jimi24:

Its a generational curse to be smuggling second hand clothes. If this is the quality of argument for opening the border, let it be closed for ever.
I see the nonsense everyday. Market women wearing night club wear to their stall every day. What nonsense

Its peoples business. I don't wear used clothes. Its just a thesis. Simply means there are businesses dying as a result of a misclavulated and I'll researched economic experiment
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Pataricatering(f): 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
Yes nah - because of 98 nameless firms we should open Nigeria up for them to be dumping anyhow products and costing our own people jobs ! Those companies should go and NEVER come back !
niyisky:
You people will just sit in a corner and fabricate lies, just to discredit the government. Hate! I guess...98 firms without names, industry sectors etc...is easy to just relocate a business like that?

Haters, I hail una!

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Instinged: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
niyisky:
You people will just sit in a corner and fabricate lies, just to discredit the government. Hate! I guess...98 firms without names, industry sectors etc...is easy to just relocate a business like that?

Haters, I hail una!
stop supportin lies..even ur god Buhari laugh at u in secret as u bliv he a saint...God may use dis as a punishment against u in d future..na ur chldrn n wife i dey pity

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Wallade(m): 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
I honestly think CBN gave government-backed loans to rice farmers and suddenly, farmers must have been defaulting on repayment and they realised there is a significant possibility of huge bad loans.

Farmers excuse must have been that Nigerians don't buy local rice and CBN plus govt must have gambled with the idea of closing the boarders to create artificial scarcity of rice and super profit for rice farmers to enable them to repay the non performing loans.

This is an assumption; you are on your own if you believe it.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by karo93: 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
Thegoodone13:
You mean there is no buyer for their product in Nigeria. What are they producing? Smuggler spotted.

Lol. The population of the whole of ECOWAS is 390million and Nigeria holds 200million of the population which is more than half....

Those cooked up firms are definitely smugglers assuming they even existed.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Eteka1(m): 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lies, how can a serious manufacturer relocate from the major market to a small country without market just because of border closure? When the company can actually continue to export to those small markets by airport or sea port. Story doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Empredboy(m): 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
Asquare84:

dont mind them did the border closure include export from nigerian
yea it does
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by americaninja1: 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sanctions and trade restrictions have further hurt the country's economic prospects. What is known is that per capita income and GDP tend to be among the lowest in the world.
Jimi24:

Lies.
N Korean border is wide open to China an economy of 1.5 billion people and they are still poor.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
paix:
You're right. But Nigeria is only adding salt to injury as it is. The border closure should have come with some palliative measures to cushion the impact of such action. The prices of our local rice etc have skyrocketed. The common man is not finding it funny at all.

must you eat rice? what of yam, beans, garri, spaghetti, fufu, elubo, semo, moin moin, akara border dey disturb those ones?

Try an be patriotic for once and see what happens

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by kunleweb: 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
Eteka1:
Lies, how can a serious manufacturer relocate from the major market to a small country without market just because of border closure? When the company can actually continue to export to those small markets by airport or sea port. Story doesn't make sense.

Dunlop has done so before

Even Beverage producing companies. Aka Nestle had moved big operations to Ghana in preference to Nigeria before now
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by kunleweb: 3:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
paix:
You're right. But Nigeria is only adding salt to injury as it is. The border closure should have come with some palliative measures to cushion the impact of such action. The prices of our local rice etc have skyrocketed. The common man is not finding it funny at all.

These economics is too complex for them to understand. Ask them about the 10,000 petty traders who go to other countries to buy wears, they won't provide you with good answers/explanations
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by thedio(m): 3:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
We can't cave in to blackmail. They should give us the names of the imaginary companies, what they r producing and its quantity that exceeds the demand of close to 200million pple cos I don't know we av been exporting goods since. Awon werey

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by americaninja1: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
Eteka1:
So if u own ur industry in Lagos u d prefer to transport ur goods to Kano via air when the road is far cheaper. Better u move to Kano where u can reach a greater customer or location at a lower cost. Plus the cost of production will be cheaper in there. Industries are profit oriented, so if policy is endangering their market nothing stop them from relocating.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by FarahAideed: 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
helinues:

But why should you be worried about Nigeria problems when you are not affected.

When you are saying the truth, you do not have to struggle to remember your own words.

You are just dishing different lies daily on NL

Fake you

So you think I am self centred like you ..No society works when there is so much suffering around , you think I am happy that I can't just wake up and drive from here to Onitsha without the fear of of being kidnapped , do you know that first 3 years of Buhari two busineses I grew with my sweat and God's grace got destroyed by bad policies of the Buhari govt ..I should have been living far better than how I am living now if not for this Buhari govt that is bent on wrecking the economy like he did in the 80s .. No legit business man has grown under Buhari , even Dangote is now a single digits Billionaire from 25 billion dollars under Jonathan .
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by paix(m): 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
isthatso:

must you eat rice? what of yam, beans, garri, spaghetti, fufu, elubo, semo, moin moin, akara border dey disturb those ones?

Try an be patriotic for once and see what happens
Maybe you were in a hurry to respond and you didn't notice where I said RICE ETC. Read again. By the way, are the prices of the food items you listed still the same?
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Olami112: 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
Whatever story they wish to tell, all I know is that baba has 3 more years to rule and He will not die. So boarder will remain close for 3years

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Eteka1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2019
americaninja1:
So if u own ur industry in Lagos u d prefer to transport ur goods to Kano via air when the road is far cheaper. Better u move to Kano where u can reach a greater customer or location at a lower cost. Plus the cost of production will be cheaper in there. Industries are profit oriented, so if policy is endangering their market nothing stop them from relocating.
Your analogy doesn't apply here cos rather that move the factory to Ghana or Togo with a smaller market, the factory would remain in Nigeria to guarantee them access to a much bigger market than all the other small ones put together.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
Asquare84:

dont mind them did the border closure include export from nigerian
offcourse inland activities
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Eteka1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
kunleweb:

Dunlop has done so before

Even Beverage producing companies. Aka Nestle had moved big operations to Ghana in preference to Nigeria before now
That was when they could easily manufacture in Ghana with a more stable power supply and bring the products back to Nigeria. Now with the difficulties in bringing those things in, companies would think twice.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by felixawe(m): 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
suffering and smiling !
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by helinues: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
FarahAideed:

So you think I am self centred like you ..No society works when there is so much suffering around , you think I am happy that I can't just wake up and drive from here to Onitsha without the fear of of being kidnapped , do you know that first 3 years of Buhari two busineses I grew with my sweat and God's grace got destroyed by bad policies of the Buhari govt ..I should have been living far better than how I am living now if not for this Buhari govt that is bent on wrecking the economy like he did in the 80s .. No legit business man has grown under Buhari , even Dangote is now a single digits Billionaire from 25 billion dollars under Jonathan .

Shatap.. You can lie for the world.. You have told us so many contradicted stories even though nobody asked you any questions..

See, here is called NL.. Go to newspapers stands and give them zobo.. If you, fara bla bla is a million richer, I swear you can never tolerate the way almost everybody is talking to you anyhow online.

If you are a million richer, your comments and arguments wont be that shallow by blaming Buhari even when not necessary.

If you are a million richer, your personal life wont be exposed easily on social media cos of security measures.

You are just a fake guy dishing different lies about your personal life same way you have been dishing lies about the presidency.

You are a fake man.
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by Afamed: 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
FarahAideed:
Buhari knows nothing about growing any economy , this is a man who couldn't even grow the number of cows he had in 8 years yet people like Sarrki , Afamed and shameless helinues expect him to grow the economy
Since they can throw anything at gullible fellow like you. 98 but failed to mention 1
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by kutashi: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pepper soup joint news! The name of the chairman said it all! 98 firms? Dan iska! No firm will ever leave Nigeria with border closed because Nigeria is main and major market. Most of the companies that relocated before did that because of power (and that was during Obj cum PDP regime) since they believed that their products can freely move through border and the share of market segment is secured but with the border closed no right thinking management of any company will advise such. Why do you think Ghana is crying and not Benin Republic and Niger? It just because most of the Ghanaian company products are destined for Nigeria.
School they will not go only to be sprewing rubbish here! grin

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by NGpatriot: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
niyisky:

Haters, I hail una!

They are collaborators and unpatriotic people..

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by FarahAideed: 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
helinues:

Shatap.. You can lie for the world.. You have told us so many contradicted stories even though nobody asked you any questions..

See, here is called NL.. Go to newspapers stands and give them zobo.. If you, fara bla bla is a million richer, I swear you can never tolerate the way almost everybody is talking to you anyhow online.

If you are a million richer, your comments and arguments wont be that shallow by blaming Buhari even when not necessary.

If you are a million richer, your personal life wont be exposed easily on social media cos of security measures.

You are just a fake guy dishing different lies about your personal life same way you have been dishing lies about the presidency.

You are a fake man.

So if you are "million richer " you will not tolerate anyone talking to U anyhow ... Baba whether you like it or not I have seen money , cars I have given out ( not tokunboh oo), scholarship I have paid , charity I have done , Baba since I was about 25 years old there is no day I have had less a million naira to spend as I please anyday ..take it from me and by this time next year I will be a Billionaire in Naira and in 5 years a billionaire in dollars and there is nothing you can do about it Sir ..
Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by NGpatriot: 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
[s]
FarahAideed:

[/s]

Save your bitter and hateful rant, just find a neighboring country to relocate.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: 98 Firms Relocate, Others Lose Millions by FarahAideed: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2019
Afamed:

Since they can throw anything at gullible fellow like you. 98 but failed to mention 1

You and I know that firms are closing daily and this border closure has nothing to offer Nigeria but suffering .. your man has not added a single MW to the grid yet he claims he is embarking on protectionism , where are the industries he is protecting please ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Pictured With Ribadu And Gov Badru In Mecca (Photos) / 2019: Shehu Sani Lists 6 Men Who Have Integrity Like President Buhari / Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.