Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) (9564 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Story In The Old Testament Bible / Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? / New Testament (bible) Fairytale Or Horror Story?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by daylae(m): 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2010
Some arab empire(maybe ottoman) took some very good part of spain then,but the catholic king ferdinarnd defeated and chased them out of spain. Of course we still have some muslims,mostly from north africa in spain and other european states;just like we have christians in the middle-east. I don't know what you're getting at,but you should know that almost 40% of the world population are christians,while islam,judaism,hinduism and others share the other percentage. Do you know the number of muslims converting to christianity today? Why is it that muslims always have the notion of being surpressed by christians,and carry this symbol of paranoia world over,while christians stay calm,and not react to everything at its slightest provocation? Because you are the minority. And you're too paranoid the religion will go into total eclipse. Frustrated muslims in jos are just vivid example of this fact.

I don't even know what all these have got to do with the topic. But i had to answer you anyway.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2010
[size=13pt]Even , from the catholic Church where Christianity was originated a pop have already confirmed the whole Jesus thing isn't straight forward .

"It has served us well, this myth of Christ"
-Pope Leo X (1475-1521)*
[/size]
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by daylae(m): 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2010
@ogaga4luv: thanks for the eye-opener!

@sweetnecta
@lagoshai: when jesus said to his larger deciples "you'll do greater works than these." He knew the greatest miracle of all is winning souls for the kingdom. Even though healing the sick and raising  the dead are such profound miracles,and these miracle still happen today,i don't know about your own garthering. But to win just a single soul surpasses all these. And you can imagine how much soul  being won today by his christian. He knew they will do much more than he did because he knew he had a short time with them.

And when jesus said "this generation shall not pass away before these things will come to pass," it was exactly as he said;cus immediately after his resurrection,the good news was being preached everywhere,persecution of christian started,and the gospel  strive even ammong gentiles.

Also when he said to john"you shall tarry till i come." John did tarried. He was the only one alive ammong the twelve to recieve the revelation of events of his last coming: the amageddon,and the judgement of the devil and his followers. Christ used him to write the book of revelation . Then he will not appear to just a few. But the whole world shall behold him. The jews,the muslims,hindus,athiests,agnostics,and christians alike.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2010
to all the empty headed morons talking about spain,ottomans,europe,catholics etc.

the victory promised in the Quran was to the Prophet.read the prophecies.

the Quran is talking about these military expeditions led by the Prophet himself:

Ghazwah of the Prophet Muhammad (battles where he took part)
Caravan Raids – Waddan – Safwan – Al Bawat – Dul Ashir – Badr – Banu Salim – Eid – Zakat – Banu Qaynuqa – Sawiq – Thi Amr – Ghatfan – Bahran – Uhud – Al-Asad – Dhatur-Riqa – Badru-Ukhra – Dumatul-Jandal – Banu Nadir – Trench – Banu Qurayza – Banu Lahyan – Banu Mustaliq – Thi Qerd – Hudaybiyyah – Khaybar – Mu'tah – Mecca – Hunayn – Autas – Ta'if – Hawazan – Tabouk

if all the muslims are to be defeated and are to leave islam today,it by no means changes the story and the veracity of islam based on these victories promised by God to His Prophet.yet even today,islam remains and still is the fastest growing religion in the world and that will always be because it is the mercy of God upon humanity.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Sweetnecta: 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2010
@Daylae: « #62 on: Today at 03:49:07 PM »
[Quote]^^ Every prophecy in the bible must come to reality even in their own time. And not all will be giving the grace to see and understand them.[/QUote]How does the above reconcile with Jesus promised to return even while some disciple was still alive? He didnt return, as promised, unless you will he was the ghost on the "day of Pentecost"? Is that it?

[Quote]Even though every prophecy about the birth,life,and resurrection of christ was fufilled in him before the eyes of the religious mogul of his days,they still believe he was not the promised messiah. And a good number of jews today are still waiting for the prophecy to come to pass,still waiting for the coming of the christ,even though all was said and done over two thousand years ago. Not everyone will have the grace to  see these prophecy coming to pass. And not everyone will understand even when they see it with their own eyes.[/Quote]I hear you. So when did "Some of you shall remain on earth when the son of man returns" came to pass?
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2010
@Lagosshia,gbosa to you,ah han,you are a true fighter,av followed this thread from beginning to end,and i must say Allah(swt)in his infinite mercy will surely reward you,amin cool
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2010
Someone just called Islam channel now,(a xtian saying he wants to accept Islam)just now,the truth is made manifest to them day by day,not like the lazy and God fearless muslims who betray thier God and themselves all in the name of what life has offered them in a negative way,as a result of ignorance of not searching for true knowledge of Islam,they go astray when some blood suckers liars introduce a suicidal son,and errand boy and a headfather to solve thier problems for them thru one stale blood of the suicidal son that has not been dry since 2000yrs ago,and left them the errandboy(holy spirit) to make them speak gibberish and lead them more astray angry angry
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by ShiaMuslim: 12:18am On Nov 24, 2010
uplawal:

@Lagosshia,gbosa to you,ah han,you are a true fighter,av followed this thread from beginning to end,and i must say Allah(swt)in his infinite mercy will surely reward you,amin cool

thanks Sister!

my account with "LagosShia" have being disabled.am now using my first username (ShiaMuslim) to reply to you-it was also initially disabled.my account under "LagosShia" was disabled after i was replying to you on the questions you asked in the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-540305.0.html

i'd post the answer as a reply on the "Imam Ali" thread in the religion forum away from the hands of Jarus Hitler,the taghoot in the islam forum!
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by daylae(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2010
Can see you've choze to succumb.Any other bruhaha will be very uneccessary. Case closed!!!
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2010
@daylae,mind u he dnt succumb,they rather disenabled him,so dnt try to feel like u made sense angry angry
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2010
daylae:

Can see you've choze to succumb.Any other bruhaha will be very uneccessary. Case closed!!!

am here!!!case never close!!!
how can you call what is not related to this topic "succumb"?

nontheless,we dont run from any battle.our leader is Ali who is given the title "Al-Karrar".find out what that means.

anyways,am still waiting for just one christian to make sense and i will call its a day on this topic.unnecessry bickering and "pinch-pinch" do not win debates nor do they expose the truth.stick to the topic.am advicing you for the millionth time.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2010
why do people have to beat and cut themselves on day of Ashura?is that the way the prophet mourned Hussein,u know wailing is not allowed in Islam?
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Sweetnecta: 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2010
@Daylae: Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible)
[Quote]« #66 on: Yesterday at 05:29:54 PM »
@sweetnecta
@lagoshai: when jesus said to his larger deciples "you'll do greater works than these." He knew the greatest miracle of all is winning souls for the kingdom. Even though healing the sick and raising the dead are such profound miracles,and these miracle still happen today,i don't know about your own garthering. But to win just a single soul surpasses all these. And you can imagine how much soul being won today by his christian. He knew they will do much more than he did because he knew he had a short time with them.[/Quote]While I dont know what the "larger disciples" really means compared to the 12 disciples, I can assure you that if you discount the "Miracles" that you christians laud Jesus about to be above every one else, but choose to say winning a soul is the greatest success, in the western countries, in this day and age, Islam has to be accepted as the greater success. Whites who were masters of blacks in slavery era are not brothers and being led by the blacks they used to possess. In the past 30 or so years, america had dubiously pegged muslims at 6 million people, as if people had not reverted into it, continuously and so steadily.

[QUote]And when jesus said "this generation shall not pass away before these things will come to pass," it was exactly as he said;cus immediately after his resurrection,the good news was being preached everywhere,persecution of christian started,and the gospel strive even ammong gentiles.[/Quote]Lets just assume that you were correct that people were coming in into christianity. But this was not my question. While I know that he did not die and there is no need for resurrection, I asked you if he had returned from heaven since he left, with a promise before it that he will return before the last man in the crowd that he addressed died?

[Quote]Also when he said to john"you shall tarry till i come." John did tarried. He was the only one alive ammong the twelve to recieve the revelation of events of his last coming: the amageddon,and the judgement of the devil and his followers. Christ used him to write the book of revelation . Then he will not appear to just a few. But the whole world shall behold him. The jews,the muslims,hindus,athiests,agnostics,and christians alike.[/Quote]When he left, he said he will come. Did he come before John perished? If he didnt, would you not agree it was a failed prophesy? Is John still alive, now?
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2010
uplawal:

why do people have to beat and cut themselves on day of Ashura?is that the way the prophet mourned Hussein,u know wailing is not allowed in Islam?

Dear Sister "uplawal",

if you have any questions/comment regarding that or anything else in that regards please post them in the Imam Ali thread.i do not want this thread to be drifted from the topic and the enemies of the truth would try to use that for their advantage.you can repost the above question in the thread mentioned and you wil have a response.

thanks!
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2010
[size=13pt]You are most Welcome brother. . . . please , do not allow any Christian dogma to jump on your brain . they're just pervert to the World. wink[/size]

daylae:

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2011
According to the above,anyone who “believes” can do the following:
1.)   Drive out demons
2.)   Speak in tongues
3.)   Pick up snakes with their hands
4.)   Drink poison and will not get hurt
5.)   Heal people

Ok.we’ve heard people claim so many things,but i have not seen #3 and #4 nor have anyone who “believe” claimed that.the last time a pastor entered a lion’s cage,he was tore apart.

So why should a Pastor enter a Lion's cage ? To tempt GOD.  Does not make sense.

But in reference to 3 and 4 , of course these things happen all the time.

Ok, its more than 2000 years and we are still waiting for those stated above to happen.still waiting and the evangelist is still intimidating people that the hour is at hand and they will be doomed with outdated unfulfilled prophecies!

Matthew 24:29-35

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. 32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

" Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.  They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”  But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water.  By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.  By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.  The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. " 2 Peter 3:3-9

Here you can see that unlike your deity ALLAH who is always in a rush to shed blood, Yahweh is more interested in the preservation and salvation of Human Life.

The rest of youR talk is so elementary , it does not deserve a response. Most of your arguments are not even based on religious errors but more because of you misunderstanding of the English grammar used.

Only a TRUE CHILD OF GOD, will understand.

"Many will be purified, cleansed, and refined by these trials. But the wicked will continue in their wickedness, and none of them will understand. Only those who are wise will know what it means." - Daniel 12:10

"For the fool speaks folly, his mind is busy with evil: He practices ungodliness and spreads error concerning the LORD" - Isaiah 32:6

"Who is wise? He will realize these things. Who is discerning? He will understand them. The ways of the LORD are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them." - Hosea 14:9

Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2011
@frosbel

keep the blabbing up!
L-O-S-T!!!!
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by dejgan: 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2011
@Lagosshia, been following your threads. Do you believe in Quran 9:5 and the other 109 verses that commands violence and killing of innocent non-moslems? 2) If you believe them, would you do as these scriptures have commanded 3) If you can do as these scriptures commanded why have you not done so? please I need answers? Am getting disturbed that people who live in an age where communication can be achieved from very distant parts of the world would live their lives based on what people who never saw electricity has done. Dont you guys get that these are different days and some things written in both the Quran and the Bible would be written differently were they written today while some things would be added and some removed.

Justin Bieber and many people are carrying snakes and are not bitten by it, (does that make them more of a christian). People drink poison (though not literarily in most cases) and have come out unhurt, (wonder if that translates to a golden crown and a beautiful mansion in heaven).

One truth that I believe has remained unchanged and constant throughout the ages is the commandment to love God (whichever you believe)yourself and your neighbours! PEACE!
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
dejgan:

@Lagosshia, been following your threads. Do you believe in Quran 9:5 and the other 109 verses that commands violence and killing of innocent non-moslems? 2) If you believe them, would you do as these scriptures have commanded 3) If you can do as these scriptures commanded why have you not done so? please I need answers? Am getting disturbed that people who live in an age where communication can be achieved from very distant parts of the world would live their lives based on what people who never saw electricity has done. Dont you guys get that these are different days and some things written in both the Quran and the Bible would be written differently were they written today while some things would be added and some removed.

[size=14pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?[/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter,  But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful,  If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them,  (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them,  for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2011
[quote author=dejgan link=topic=550247.msg9082410#msg9082410 date=1315221597]
Justin Bieber and many people are carrying snakes and are not bitten by it, (does that make them more of a christian). People drink poison (though not literarily in most cases) and have come out unhurt, (wonder if that translates to a golden crown and a beautiful mansion in heaven).
[/QUOTE]
Justin bieber or anyone especially celebrities can handle snakes not because those snakes or wild creatures are under a supposed divine spell because Bieber is "christian".those animals have being tamed and medically made safe to handle as pets.

may be you have forgotten the pastor that entered a lion's den in Ibadan and got tore to pieces.why didn't the "holy ghost" help according to the false prophecy we are talking about in the book of Mark?

well,try drinking poison literally and then give us your testimony.

One truth that I believe has remained unchanged and constant throughout the ages is the commandment to love God (whichever you believe)yourself and your neighbours! PEACE!

Ameen!
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Pimpu(m): 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2011
wow what athread, after going tru this thread i fell like praying 20 times a day.the truth is so clear. may the peace and blessing of almighty allah be upon all of u who have contributed to this thread because it has given me a very good contrast. ma salam
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 10:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
Pimpu:

wow what athread, after going tru this thread i fell like praying 20 times a day.the truth is so clear. may the peace and blessing of almighty allah be upon all of u who have contributed to this thread because it has given me a very good contrast. ma salam
Wa Alaykom Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!  cool

Masha'Allah!

Islam is so beautiful and straightforward that sometimes i wonder if i deserve to be Muslim at all.we Muslims have many shortcomings and we really have not done enough for this religion.it is only the mercy of Allah that guides us.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by PrincessCathy: 4:22am On Dec 08, 2011
You people will keep on talking and talking cos satan loves argument. My happiness in this place is that shia or whatever you are so called, you've been told what's right and you bluntly refuse to accept it because you just want what you want to hear and nothing else. In other words, gloriously exalting your ignorance and foolishness. Outrightly, not calling you a fool but it's better you know you're acting foolishly. In other words, your acting ignorant of your pyramidic ignorance. Judgement day is coming and is fast approaching. We all don't know the date cos we are to be checked in the end if truly we are for Christ. It's because Jehovah-God is merciful enough to give you CHOICES, you wake up every morning to stand up and spit at the face of your Creator saying that His Word is false. Hmm, i'm not forcing you cos it would be of no benefit forcing. My prayer is that THE ALMIGHTY GOD, THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS, THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, THE GIVER OF LIFE will speak to you in a dream or in any form at any time or place to tell you things you're ignorant of. And that zeal that you've used to blaspheme against HIM, would in turn be used to exalt HIM. I hate arguments cos GOD SPEAKS ONCE <as HE's the KING> but calls out three times. I leave here to go and perfect myself for that day so that i'll be worthy to be received in His glorious arms as a good and faithful servant. I am ambassador of Christ.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2011
PrincessCathy:

You people will keep on talking and talking cos satan loves argument. My happiness in this place is that shia or whatever you are so called, you've been told what's right and you bluntly refuse to accept it because you just want what you want to hear and nothing else. In other words, gloriously exalting your ignorance and foolishness. Outrightly, not calling you a fool but it's better you know you're acting foolishly. In other words, your acting ignorant of your pyramidic ignorance. Judgement day is coming and is fast approaching. We all don't know the date cos we are to be checked in the end if truly we are for Christ. It's because Jehovah-God is merciful enough to give you CHOICES, you wake up every morning to stand up and spit at the face of your Creator saying that His Word is false. Hmm, i'm not forcing you cos it would be of no benefit forcing. My prayer is that THE ALMIGHTY GOD, THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS, THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, THE GIVER OF LIFE will speak to you in a dream or in any form at any time or place to tell you things you're ignorant of. And that zeal that you've used to blaspheme against HIM, would in turn be used to exalt HIM. I hate arguments cos GOD SPEAKS ONCE <as HE's the KING> but calls out three times. I leave here to go and perfect myself for that day so that i'll be worthy to be received in His glorious arms as a good and faithful servant. I am ambassador of Christ.

can falsehood be the word of the Creator?
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by euphemist: 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2012
Since Jesus when preaching always used the parables, so is this Mark 16:16-20 as well, and many other parts of the
Scripture should also be carefully interpreted in the same symbolic way for example to avoid the danger of stumbling
down. God's wisdom will guide us and God's might will uphold us as long as Jesus is with us and in us all the time by the
power of the holy spirit.

Mark 16:16-20

in my name they will drive out demons;

Using the Scriptures, in Jesus' name they will drive out unbelievers who blaspheme or defame His name. It can also be
expressed literally.
(demons = unbelievers like the pharisees, sadducees, chief priests, disobedient angels, etc. who spread evil from their mouths)

they will speak in new tongues;

Many new believers will speak in many new languages scattered around the world to disseminate the good news about the
Scriptures (both OT & NT). It can also be verbatim in its interpretation.

they will pick up snakes with their hands;

They will pick up and carry their crosses (laden with insults and defamation caused by unbelievers) up on their shoulders
without fear of dying like their divine Master Jesus.
(snakes = unbelievers like the pharisees, sadducees, chief priests, disobedient angels, etc. who spread deadly venom from their mouths to poison the minds of the faithfuls)

and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all;

Believers will swallow insults and defamation with all humility. It will not hurt them for their faith in Christ is
profound and is much stronger than any deadly toxin and reward will be in abundance as a promise. Christianity as a proof
has the biggest population around the world, and is still becoming much stronger despite everything (fractions, scandals,
etc) and against all odds.

they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.

This one can be literal since there are many instances in the Bible about it, but it can also be interpreted as they will
place (rely on) their strong faith to Jesus to heal the unbelievers from their misconception about Christ Jesus.

The prophecies mentioned above already happened thousands of years ago, behold from generation to generation many
unbelievers will still step forward to test how strong is our Christian faith. God's greatest commandment is "LOVE", so
out of love and humility, Jesus was born to bring salvation, and any one who believes in Him shall not perish but have an
everlasting life (John 3:16). The summary of all the prophecies, may they be literal or not, will point to salvation as a
result, at the end of time.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 2:39am On Apr 08, 2012
@euphemist

i would not bother to refute your post because there is nothing to refute when you have accepted to deceive yourself and believe what is not real.let me also point that Mark 16,verses 9-20 in bible versions are relegated to a footnote because bible scholar believe verses 9-20 where what you are defending is found is interpolation and not found in the bible manuscipts.

you can see further:

https://www.nairaland.com/836657/fraud-christianity-what-pious-fraud#9875888
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by euphemist: 2:54pm On Apr 08, 2012
@Lagosshia

I've accidentally found this website last night while googleing another site, and my eyes caught the title of your
thread. Since this is already more than a year old, obviously I neither bothered to address you as thread starter
nor quoted anything what you said before. Besides, after logging in for the first time and reviewing all your accusations
and words of other users who replied but you vehemently defamed/insulted to let everybody know how knowledgeable
you are, I decided just to simply give light to Mark 16:16-20 for every believer who might need some help to
understand the said Scripture and eventually avoid the risk of being poisoned, figuratively speaking.

Some already gave their explanations/views about the main topic as I carefully and cordially did (or did I not
stick to the topic as you wanted before?), but all in vain after you have vehemently insisted on your persistent
accusations, and now you are even cunningly trying to divert the topic to another issue by giving me a new link.
(By the way, verses like Mark 16:19-20 already gave rise to many miracles and innumerable conversions since the
Resurrection and Ascension of Christ hundreds or thousands of years ago, so who knows as you avidly keep on reading the Bible might as well bring good tidings of conversion, for nothing is impossible, God's wisdom and understanding is beyond anything else.)

Sorry I have no intention to offend you and can swallow all your nice words for it won't really hurt me in any
inch. I know myself and my faith in Christ, and do respect yours as well. However, I would rather shake the dust
off my feet and leave, since you anyway won't welcome the truth or listen to the Scriptures like what Jesus said
in Matthew 10:14. So this is my first and last to address you personally, and I will leave you with a few more
words. Those who frequently and faithfully read the Bible are in search of truth in Christ Jesus, and are longing
for salvation. The same very reason that I don't (like most believers) read any so-called holy book that doesn't
help me to find the way to salvation nor harmonize with it. True believers of Christ never exalt themselves nor look
down on any unbelievers, but rather we humbly and sincerely pray for them (Matthew 5:44). We call down grace on
their lives as well instead of comeuppance, for we always believe in repentance and forgiveness of sins, even in
the very last hour. So, have a nice day and God bless you always.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by LagosShia: 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2012
euphemist: @Lagosshia

I've accidentally found this website last night while googleing another site, and my eyes caught the title of your
thread. Since this is already more than a year old, obviously I neither bothered to address you as thread starter
nor quoted anything what you said before. Besides, after logging in for the first time and reviewing all your accusations
and words of other users who replied but you vehemently defamed/insulted to let everybody know how knowledgeable
you are, I decided just to simply give light to Mark 16:16-20 for every believer who might need some help to
understand the said Scripture and eventually avoid the risk of being poisoned, figuratively speaking.

Some already gave their explanations/views about the main topic as I carefully and cordially did (or did I not
stick to the topic as you wanted before?), but all in vain after you have vehemently insisted on your persistent
accusations, and now you are even cunningly trying to divert the topic to another issue by giving me a new link.
(By the way, verses like Mark 16:19-20 already gave rise to many miracles and innumerable conversions since the
Resurrection and Ascension of Christ hundreds or thousands of years ago, so who knows as you avidly keep on reading the Bible might as well bring good tidings of conversion, for nothing is impossible, God's wisdom and understanding is beyond anything else.)

Sorry I have no intention to offend you and can swallow all your nice words for it won't really hurt me in any
inch. I know myself and my faith in Christ, and do respect yours as well. However, I would rather shake the dust
off my feet and leave, since you anyway won't welcome the truth or listen to the Scriptures like what Jesus said
in Matthew 10:14. So this is my first and last to address you personally, and I will leave you with a few more
words. Those who frequently and faithfully read the Bible are in search of truth in Christ Jesus, and are longing
for salvation. The same very reason that I don't (like most believers) read any so-called holy book that doesn't
help me to find the way to salvation nor harmonize with it. True believers of Christ never exalt themselves nor look
down on any unbelievers, but rather we humbly and sincerely pray for them (Matthew 5:44). We call down grace on
their lives as well instead of comeuppance, for we always believe in repentance and forgiveness of sins, even in
the very last hour. So, have a nice day and God bless you always.

there is no need to be depressed because of me or my threads.if you think you have answered or replied,then thank you very much.

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Wahala90: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
"Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section" says That Rule 17
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
ShiaMuslim: thank you for that question.

i was really disgusted when i read one of the threads about the Prophet Muhammad (sa).it was full of lies and rudeness.its disgusting.they attribute all kind of lies to islam when the lies are infact not in islam but in the opposite direction,from the side of the liars.

all that i am saying is simple: you cannot rely on your bible.it cannot guide.false prophecies are only one example of that.as time goes on and i spend more time in this forum,you will see more and also you will see more of the beauty of islam and the Quran and the reality and truth.you can only be guided and delivered when you submit (islam) to God.only islam can guide you and only God can save you.those who design themselves on sundays with a bible under their arm and parading the streets dressing like models and going on preaching do not know anything about the bible.if they know,they will cover their faces and hide.
if u have any sense of decency you be ashame to associate yourself with islam. just newspapers headlines alone is enough to make any sane man take a second look at the religion of 'peace' and it noble prophet who had to lie to his wife to sleep with slave
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
LagosShia:

there is no need to be depressed because of me or my threads.if you think you have answered or replied,then thank you very much.

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."
so lagoshia you have still not grown beyond this stage? all ur mate 4 niaraland don grow up finish na only still dey dey fine who go engage u 4 useless debate.
Re: False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible) by followeroflight: 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
LagosShia:

Sweet heart, i've got something from Quran. Your comments pls. grin

I will talk about false statments in Quran which prove that Quran is not a book of God and you can see thes false statments according to science.

Moon is further away than stars!quran 71;15/16 "moon in the midst of 7 heavens" 37;6 "stars in the lower/nearest heaven"this is false, the moon is the nearest natural object to us, so is NOT in the midst of starsstars are much further away

or here is some more miracles of god;

Quran 65;12 - theres supposedly 7 planets thought our solar system has 8 planets plus 4 dwarf planets ? 8 + 4 = 12 tongue

Quran 86;7 "semen comes from the backbone and ribs"it comes from the testicles

Quran 51;49 "everything created in pairs"asexuals? angry

Quran 11;5 "thoughts of the breast (heart)"brain? undecided

Quran 67;5 stars are 'missiles to drive away devils'no comment shocked

24;43 hail comes from moutains lipsrsealed

Quran 21: 33 "And the Sun and Moon; both of them float along in its orbit"this clearly implies the sun goes around the earth grin

quran 91;2 "the moon follows the sun"this is false, the moon has its own orbit grin

quran 76;13 "moon has excessive cold"the moon doesnt radiate any coldness angry

Qur'an, 71:16 "placed the moon as a light"the moon has no light. the word reflected (in`ikaas) does not appear in this sentence embarassed

Quran 18;86 "sun sets in a muddy pool"thats impossible grin grin grin grin grin

quran 36;38 "sun runs to a fixed resting place"this is false, the sun doesn't rest anywhere. it stays on its own axis.only a geocentric flat earth could assume this.Sahih Bukhari 4;421 adds "the sun remains under god's throne until its allowed rise again in the east" shocked

86;6 "man created from a drop emitted"this is false. the quran is ignorant of the female role with her egg. undecided

quran 21;30 "heaven n earth used to be joined together before the big bang"the earth did not exist before the big bang cry

Quran 96:2 "Created man, out of a mere clot"a blood clot cannot grow into life sad

Quran 2;125 "muslims are protected in mecca"this is false, Juhayman al-Otaybi, Abd-Allah ibn al-Zubayr, and abu Tahir al-Janabi killed thousandsof muslim pilgrims without intervention of "baked stones" (Quran 105;4) from Allah. plus there have been natural disasters. cheesy

quran 7;54 the sun is not a starthis is false. the sun is also a star wink

quran 7:189 Humans created from a single man.this contradicts evolution smiley

quran 15:26 humans created from claythis contradicts evolution as humans evolved over millions of years from simpler life forms. grin

quran 13;2 "earth has invisible pillars keeping up the heavens"this is false. gravity is the answer sad

Qur'an 50:38 "earth created in 6 days"this is false, earth took billions of years to form sad

quran 11;40 "load onto a boat 1 pair of each animal species"this is false, theres millions of land animals, theres no way 1 man cancatch them all to fit on a boat shocked

Qur'an, 5:96 "Anything you catch in the sea is lawful for you, and all food from it,for your enjoyment"this is false. many sea creatures are deadly for example the puffer fish? poison dart frog?marbled cone snail? blue ringed octopus? stonefish? cool

Qur'an, 2:173 "He has only forbidden you carrion, blood and pork"is god irresponsible or foolish? can we eat poisonous animals like box jelly fish?gila monster? centipide? coral? monksheed? jimson weed? all deadly venomouscan you eat guinea worm? angry

quran 37;10 meteors are projectiles aimed at devilsthis is false. they are simply masses of particle debris which brightens after entering the earths atmosphere cheesy

quran 37;142 human survives after being swallowed by a fish angry

quran 38;36 humans can fly - Somewhere you quotes the scripture of Paul..how about this sweety pie

quran 27;16 birds can speak undecided

"1 of the wings of a house fly has cure for disease"Sahih Bukhari 4:54:537this is false, wings of flies have no cures whatsoever cry

quran 2;22 "earth a couch" Qur'an, 20:53 "earth a cradle" 78;6 "earth a bed"and Earth's shape is NOT a flat plane. why not describe earth as a ball? grin grin

Qur'an, 2:22 "the sky a dome"this is false, the sky is not shaped like a dome. a dome has a base so this assumes a flat earth

quran 20;106 without mountains the earth is levelsounds flat grin

Quran 15:19 "And the earth We have spread out like a carpet, set thereon Mountainsfirm and immovable"1st this extension sounds flat. a better metaphor for a round earth is a ball2nd mountains don't prevent earthquakes cheesy

Quran 2: 29 "created earth, THEN the heavens"this is false, astronomy today tells us earth was formed later in the cosmos cry

Qur'an, 53: 49 "the Lord of Sirius" (singular form)this is false, the star sirius is a double star. kiss

Quran 55:33 humans wont go into space without gods consentthis is false. dozens of non-theists went into space without leave or permission from god.
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking / Pastor George Izunwa: If A Man Hasn't Proposed, Don't Take Him To Your Parents / Does Watching A Church's Online Service Means You Have Attended Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.