Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,802 members, 7,827,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid (20007 Views)

PSG Want Ronaldo Transfer As Mbappe Heads To Madrid Next Summer / Lionel Messi Wants Neymar To Follow Him To Manchester City / Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Omoslim26: 2:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
Igbosmoker:
that is how stupid some of Ronaldo fans sound.

They'll say messi should go to EPL, he should win international trophy yet only real Madrid in LA liga has more champions league titles than the useless overrated EPL. Dem too mumu. The same EPL aguero(he can't lace messi boot) is dominating

Messi the only player to win this international achievements

1x Olympic best player
2x copa america best player
1x FIFA world cup best Player.

Oya show me which one pelnado won?

grin messi has never played in England but have more goals against England top teams than ronaldo who has played there for years grin.

Messi is 3 years younger but has more golden boots, golden balls, team titles, individual achievement, goals ratio, assists than old papa grin

ok we don hear
tel me who is the only player to win world best in premeire league
all the other world best i know had a great career with different challanges in terms of clubs delima,zidane,kaka,ronaldinho,canavaro y messi own come different?
His he scare of failing if he moves out of his comfort zone?

2 Likes

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by mystical109(m): 2:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
Blazebond:
Messi is good,he is a great,but please you people.should never ever compare messi with the likes of pele and maradona,Messi is not even better than ronaldo of Brazil,and yes he has only succeded at Barcelona and flopped seriously with Argentina,a whole Argentina that is a world power o,a So called great can't inspire them to an international trophy,please you guys calling messi the greatest ever should end that joke,he is nowhere near the greatest,he is at par with Cristiano Ronaldo and can never ever be in the same league with Diego Armando maradona or Pele,no sentiments in football for me o,argue with yourself and your sense,the two greatest ever is still Pele and maradona.
A Ronaldo fan is a great lair but any Ronaldo fan who fear God will always say that Ronaldo is on par with Messi but the truth is no two players can be equal. Oga say d truth or u can still tow the path of a typical Penaldo fan
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
SincereBigot:
dumb debates? really? so you are going to rate messi about pele or maradona based on individual records? you soung dumb bro..

has messi won any cup for his country? NO!! stop fooling yourself sir

go back to your igbo smoking grin
So Kalu is better than Drogba??

Drogba won nothing for Ivory Coast.

But Kalu won the Nations Cup..
Yaya won the Nations Cup..

So according to you Yaya is a greater player than Drogba??

4 Likes

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by mystical109(m): 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
Jokerman:

In Argentina, Maradona > Messi

So how can Messi be above them?? grin
thank God u said in Argentina. The world is bigger than Argentina
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Asour: 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
jaxxy:
Not necessarily Madrid bt he has to prove himself outside Barca even if it’s his National team. Period!

True.

Funny enough I know of just one active player who has won At least one MVP award from ALL non club football competition he has ever played in.

U-17 FIFA, Olympic, Copa and FiFa world cup.
Would you know any other?

... By the way the one I know is Messi.

3 Likes

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by mystical109(m): 2:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
SincereBigot:
ronaldo has lifted 2 trophies for his country grin messi has not
2 trophies yes cos he had sensible teammates. Has Ronaldo ever been named the best player in any tournament he has played for his country?.... The answer is no. So it is safe to say that it is sheer luck
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hazel01Stevens:
There you go again, you Messi Fans. You don't have to act illogical, like dis guy said something unreasonable because you love Messi.. No thats totally stupid.
OK see it this way. Just be truthful to yourselves;

1. Haven't you ever wished Messi left barca for another team maybe in EPL or Even Laliga. "Just like CR7" . Of course you'd trust he would do well.. But eventually that may never happen

2. Haven't you ever thought to yourselves that Messi leaving Barca to experience what other Leagues felt like would be a great achievement to him. Of course it's highly possible that he'd be successful in that, "just like CR7"

"JUST LIKE CR7"
When you talk of national achievements.. CR7 has done way more better than Messi.. Check the Records.

I know Messi is Great.. But He hasn't achieved this level of success in this Spheres of Football but CR7 has.. Honestly these are often the most Evident reasons CR7 is greater than him weather you LIKE IT OR NOT.
CR7 is following his career for more money after he has fight with different club president... He is not a perfect example of what all player should do..

Messi is a better player than him why should he follow his style of fighting different club president and hiding under seeking new challenge...

Very soon, he will seek new challenge in PSG and give reason like, "because it is difficult to win trophies there"

Pele is far greater than Ronaldo and he played in Brazil all his active life...

Don't be brainwashed by Ronaldo's contradiction!!!

1 Like

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by 27Pushing30: 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
IamCeazer:
Dis ex goalee jst said it all.. anyday i hear dat Messi has secured a Transfer 2 anoda club dats wen i will take him serious, even if na Enyimba fc.

As in , i can't phantom why he hasn't moved to another club.. even if na Inter or Man City.

It's still on record CR 7 has won 2 int'l cups and lost one final.

While messi has two Robberies (U-20 WC and Olympic medals) both against Nigeria SEF

2 Likes

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
Justice96:
Messi leave your comfort zone and prove yourself elsewhere
Why didn't you say the same to Pele and Maldini?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Omoslim26: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
peterd53:

Try get sense abeg!!!

oga when you claim to b d best you conquer boundries y has messi been afraid to take up new challanges dat should be d question
am sure u dat have too much sense cant ans dat

1 Like

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
Omoslim26:

ok we don hear
all the other world best i know had a great career with different challanges in terms of clubs delima,zidane,kaka,ronaldinho,canavaro y messi own come different?
World best in the Premier League?? OWEN grin

Other Ballon d'or winners in England before Ronaldo was born: Bobby Charlton, Dennis Law, Kevin Daglish, George Best grin grin grin

Ronaldo Ronaldo yen yen tongue

He is lucky that Ramos injured Salah, may be Ronaldo's hype would have been watered already... The goal record(32), total goal record(44) that Salah set with that delicious Puskas would have been just a tip of the iceberg...
Ramos didn't allow Salah to finish all the EPL records of Ronaldo once and for all cool
What a good friend Ramos is grin
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by mystical109(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hazel01Stevens:
There you go again, you Messi Fans. You don't have to act illogical, like dis guy said something unreasonable because you love Messi.. No thats totally stupid.
OK see it this way. Just be truthful to yourselves;

1. Haven't you ever wished Messi left barca for another team maybe in EPL or Even Laliga. "Just like CR7" . Of course you'd trust he would do well.. But eventually that may never happen

2. Haven't you ever thought to yourselves that Messi leaving Barca to experience what other Leagues felt like would be a great achievement to him. Of course it's highly possible that he'd be successful in that, "just like CR7"

"JUST LIKE CR7"
When you talk of national achievements.. CR7 has done way more better than Messi.. Check the Records.

I know Messi is Great.. But He hasn't achieved this level of success in this Spheres of Football but CR7 has.. Honestly these are often the most Evident reasons CR7 is greater than him weather you LIKE IT OR NOT.
oga I am a barca fan, and I have never wished for Messi to leave barca for any other club. Ronaldo this Ronaldo that yet he is only a legend at Madrid not a man u legend or Juventus legend. At the end of the day, despite all his travels, Messi has more trophies and awards. Do you know why the president of Nigeria keeps traveling to US, England, Russia etc yet Donald Trump doesn't visit Nigeria?. When you are in the right place, you don't need to go to other places. Ronaldo is the one who would wish to be like Messi but guess what, Ronaldo wouldn't have succeeded if he started at a big club like Messi

1 Like

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by chiboy1116: 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2019
Beverlyjean:
He said it all... Let Messi go to another club whr everything wudnt b easy for him , then we gonna know his true worth... Every player plays for him in Barca , the tactics in Barca is made specially for him and that's y players like de Jong and greizman is finding it difficult ... Let him go to another club whr they also hv their star player and let's c if he will progress... To also has don it multiple times .. Messi should do sNe to prove he's the greatest... But his delusional fans on NL will insult the es goalie and Ronaldo like as if it was Ronaldo that asked the ex goalie to make the comment... Messi fans are like the blind uneducated illogical abokis supporting the government sheepishly
do u know how illogical this dude sounds ? I have heard a lot of stupid stuff about Messi playing in Barcelona , but this has got to be the most foolish of them all . How does Messi going to Madrid help his career ? Why would Messi go to Madrid ? So if Messi wan go club now na madrid go be him target ? Just reason am .

2 Likes

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Omoslim26: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2019
eni4real:

World best in the Premier League?? OWEN grin

Other Ballon d'or winners in England before Ronaldo was born: Bobby Charlton, Dennis Law, Kevin Daglish, George Best grin grin grin

Ronaldo Ronaldo yen yen tongue

He is lucky that Ramos injured Salah, may be Ronaldo's hype would have been watered already... The goal record(32), total goal record(44) that Salah set with that delicious Puskas would have been just a tip of the iceberg...
Ramos didn't allow Salah to finish all the EPL records of Ronaldo once and for all cool
What a good friend Ramos is grin

oga you can lie oo:-D:-D na you give bobby chalton world best
what of queen Eliza:-D:-D
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by jaxxy(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
Asour:

True.

Funny enough, I know just one active player who has won At least one MVP award for ALL non club football competition he has ever played in.

U-17 FIFA, Olympic, Copa and FiFa world cup.
Would you know any other?

... By the way the one I know is Messi.

Lol bt people still don’t have think he’s proven himself well enough especially in recent times. I want him to shut them up once and for all so we can truly celebrate the Goat. If actually he is...
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by mystical109(m): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
Omoslim26:

ok we don hear
sorry to say this but you are dumb. The first player to win the balloon d'or is from England. I guess u were born in 2008.you haven't heard of Owen. Ronaldo is not even among the 1st 10 players to win the balloon d'or in England. Take it or leave it Giggs is more of a man u legend than Penaldo
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by NORSYK(m): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
eni4real:
You forgot to add VARsil.. shocked

A fear fear man that blast Comebol openly grin??

I have never seen a player blasting a whole football federation of corruption like Messi.. He was confident of himself..

Even Maradona was happy to hear that..

But Ronaldo fans just want Messi to get injured in a final while De Paul score a winning goal so that Messi can equal the cheerleading great!!
No way...

Messi will rather lose in the final courtesy Higuain misterclass, than to claim a trophy as an injured handicap!!! undecided

Blasting of Comebol is not the type fear I am referring to.

The fear I am referring to is, Messi is scared of leaving Barcelona because he knows what he won't score up to 15 goals a season aside Barcelona team
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
NORSYK:

Blasting of Comebol is not the type fear I am referring to.

The fear I am referring to is, Messi is scared of leaving Barcelona because he knows what he won't score up to 15 goals a season aside Barcelona team
The most difficult thing to do is to break into a great club like Barcelona and become a starter right away..

Messi scored a hatrick in El Clasico at 19...

Hr is more than capable of destroying any team, anywhere.. .

Even Barcelona will not let him go...

See what happen to Barcelona when Messi was injured. .. Compare to what Barcelona is doing in the league now after Messi's come-back

Messi is the best ever in the history of La liga not just Barcelona...

Ronaldo's career is 100% different from Messi’s career..

Messi is once in a lifetime player!!!

1 Like

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
Omoslim26:

oga you can lie oo:-D:-D na you give bobby chalton world best
what of queen Eliza:-D:-D
Bobby Charlton won the 1966 Ballon d'or na...

You can't change history cool
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by NORSYK(m): 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2019
eni4real:
The most difficult thing to do is to break into a great club like Barcelona and become a starter right away..

Messi scored a hatrick in El Clasico at 19...

Hr is more than capable of destroying any team, anywhere.. .

Even Barcelona will not let him go...

See what happen to Barcelona when Messi was injured. .. Compare to what Barcelona is doing in the league now after Messi's come-back

Messi is the best ever in the history of La liga not just Barcelona...

Ronaldo's career is 100% different from Messi’s career..

Messi is once in a lifetime player!!!

Same Barcelona team the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro and busquet broke into?
Barcelona without Messi is the same with Messi but that can't be said of Madrid without CR7.

Barcelona and Messi's teammates are helping Messi

Why CR7 Carried Madrid team that's the difference

By the way Messi is Barcelona legend
While CR7 is football legend

1 Like

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by SincereBigot: 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
eni4real:
So Kalu is better than Drogba??

Drogba won nothing for Ivory Coast.

But Kalu won the Nations Cup..
Yaya won the Nations Cup..

So according to you Yaya is a greater player than Drogba??

you are just bringing baseless points.. we are talking of 2 greats and you are bringing up kalu.. and then your point as to why messi is better is because he won the best player at the world cup.. funny you

1 Like

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Omoslim26: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
mystical109:
sorry to say this but you are dumb. The first player to win the balloon d'or is from England. I guess u were born in 2008.you haven't heard of Owen. Ronaldo is not even among the 1st 10 players to win the balloon d'or in England. Take it or leave it Giggs is more of a man u legend than Penaldo

sorry to say this you are cursed to be stupid forever dats y you cant make comments without throwing insults you were born in 1942 yet you are this stupid ronaldo is the only player to win the fifa best in a premeire league team

1 Like

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by emae009(m): 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
smh... you people talk like Messi only plays at Camp Nou. He scored a hattrick at Santiago Bernabeu. what more do you want from him?? Barca got Messi. y'all pained Ronaldo fans and your ilk should tell your club to find their own gem. Ronaldo just like Hazard moved to Madrid because twas their dream to play there not to test themselves in another league or some ish. Ronaldo could've moved to Madrid a year earlier if not for Ferguson and he was even offered to Barcelona because Ferguson didn't want Madrid to buy him. In 2017, Ronaldo stated he wanted to end his career at Madrid then left a year later because Perez didn't agree to his terms of contract renewal. so much for loyalty. Next time please do your own research and stop arguing like you're in a motor park.
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
NORSYK:

Barcelona without Messi is the same with Messi but that can't be said of Madrid without CR7.

Iniesta debuted in 2002 but he was not as regular as Messi was.. Despite the fact Messi debuted in 2004.. Messi was regular right from 2005 and head to the Ballon d'or podium in 2007..That is scary!!!

Xavi debuted in 1998 but was not regular because different stars was bought by the club.. .. Even in Ronaldinho's era, Deco was still playing ahead of Xavi... Xavi become more regular 2006/2007 season.. See the gap.. That is like a 9years wait...

Pedro?? Busquet?? These are players that make the team because of Guardiola philosophy of playing Barcelona Academy players... Guardiola chased Ronaldinho, Eto'o etc away... You think Pedro will play ahead of Eto'o in a Rjikaard team??

Messi is a player that Mbappe is trying to be now.. But he will have to keep doing that for the next 13 years to earn proper comparison to Messi, but I don't see him playing in France for that long or break Papppins' record in Ligue 1..

Ronaldo is a typical traveling player who look for dominant teams in each leagues to prove that he is the best...

But Messi is once In a lifetime player!!!

5 Likes

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by bot101(m): 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
Beverlyjean:
He said it all... Let Messi go to another club whr everything wudnt b easy for him , then we gonna know his true worth... Every player plays for him in Barca , the tactics in Barca is made specially for him and that's y players like de Jong and greizman is finding it difficult ... Let him go to another club whr they also hv their star player and let's c if he will progress... To also has don it multiple times .. Messi should do sNe to prove he's the greatest... But his delusional fans on NL will insult the es goalie and Ronaldo like as if it was Ronaldo that asked the ex goalie to make the comment... Messi fans are like the blind uneducated illogical abokis supporting the government sheepishly

Tell me something!!! Season in, season out, he is always in the top 10 assists!! So much for being played for.

1 Like

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
SincereBigot:
you are just bringing baseless points.. we are talking of 2 greats and you are bringing up kalu.. and then your point as to why messi is better is because he won the best player at the world cup.. funny you
Yaya Toure is not a great player of Ivory Coast right??
We are talking about the impact of winning an international trophy here..

Drogba won nothing for Ivory Coast

Yaya Toure won an international trophy for the country

Are you saying Toure is a greater player than Drogba because of that??

Apart from the World cup trophy, Maradona is basic compared to Messi..

Even Griezmann won a World Cup, what is the big deal??

1 Like

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Tomoyayi(m): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
eni4real:
So Eder is better than Ronaldo grin

An injured handicap that got SALAHed in the final against toughest opponent grin
No wonder Cristiano did not win the best player of the tournament!!!

Check Ronaldo vs France in Euro 2016 final, you will not see any action on the field!!!

Gotze is better tongue

Did Ronaldo win Euro 2016?
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
Tomoyayi:

Did Ronaldo win Euro 2016?
Portugal won the Euro 2016 while Ronaldo was injured in the final....
So, he won it just like Renato Sanchez!!!

He was an handicap in the final...

Nobody should praise an handicap who got lucky because Eder was up to the task...

Scoring against Hungary and Wales don't win you trophies, performing against the toughest opponent in the final without you a TROPHY...

Eder and other Portugal players that fought for 120 minutes win it for injured Salah, I mean Ronaldo!!!
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by SincereBigot: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
eni4real:
Yaya Toure is not a great player of Ivory Coast right??
We are talking about the impact of winning an international trophy here..

Drogba won nothing for Ivory Coast

Yaya Toure won an international trophy for the country

Are you saying Toure is a greater player than Drogba because of that??

Apart from the World cup trophy, Maradona is basic compared to Messi..

Even Griezmann won a World Cup, what is the big deal??
has yaya won the champions league? Lets start from there
Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Hazel01Stevens(m): 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
NORSYK:

You see the point is what these Messi Fans don't get... Ok they say 'CR7 left from club to club because he always had problems with the club Management which is not absolutely the case.. And that he kept moving to other clubs because he wanted increased Pay *money..'

These points ain't reasonable at all.. Think twice man. Wasn't Messi receiving higher earnings at Barca while 7 was still at Madrid.. What about now. Who earns Higher?

You say 7 didn't actively perform profoundly during Games that matter for Portugal.. Bruh watch again, this time the TV not the back.. Or ask a Portuguese about it.

See Bros.. Barca is a great Club Yes.. So was Madrid. This doesn't dispute the Fact that there ain't other Great Clubs in the World. And this wouldn't also dispute the fact that if Messi wants to make a move, he would be stopped..

7 moved from Sporting Lisbon to MUFC, then to Madrid and now Juve.. Bruh you know his doing exceptionally well.. Messi ain't required to be a legend if he does move.. Just be exceptional and shine.. Prove you really are what are outside your COMFORT ZONE.. JUST LIKE CR7.

See bruvh I agree with you - Messi is Great and GOAT if you like. But what you can take away is that CR7 is not just Great or GOAT but His Damn more SUCCESSFUL than MESSI in the football world..

Honestly I pray Messi doesn't die in Barca.. I love him to.

1 Like

Re: Hugo Gatti: If Messi Wants To Be The Best, He Has To Go To Madrid by Tomoyayi(m): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
eni4real:
Portugal won the Euro 2016 while Ronaldo was injured in the final....
So, he won it just like Renato Sanchez!!!

He was an handicap in the final...

Nobody should praise an handicap who got lucky because Eder was up to the task...

Scoring against Hungary and Wales don't win you trophies, performing against the toughest opponent in the final without you a TROPHY...

Eder and other Portugal players that fought for 120 minutes win it for injured Salah, I mean Ronaldo!!!

Simple question you can't answer.

SAFE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final / Injury: Mikel Obi Out Of AFCON 2019 / Another Hat-Trick For Ronaldo As Al Nassr Win Their First Of The Season In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.