Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos (45550 Views)

MC Amana's Wife Organises Surprise Birthday Dinner For Him (Photos) / Bisi Alimi Accused Of Being A Fake Gay Man For Having A Child - Check Reply / Nigeria Actor/actress Not Good Enough To Feature In "Black Panther" - Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by delishpot: 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
Road Don block for those wey dey use gay abuse as excuse to get asylum for the abroad.
Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by A305: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
Truthwords:

I an warning people here but they are not listening . Atlanta is the highest state in America with HIV / AIDS due to the practice of homosexuality . also lots of male diapers are selling over there because of this rubbish . PEOPLE ARE ASLEEP AND IT WILL TAKE A RUDE SHOCK TO WAKE THEM UP TO THE CONSEQUENCES OF HOMOSEXUALITY
This is baseless and untrue fact. South Africa has more people living with HIV than many Africa countries, So we also say, it's because there are more gay people in S.A that made the number of HIV carriers skyrocket?
Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by wink2015(m): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nigeria’s first open gay man, Bisi Alimi has organized the first-ever LGBT pride event in Lagos after his return to Nigeria, Praizenews report.

Bisi Alimi who is a gay rights activist attended the Night of Diversity 2019 organized by the Bisi Alimi Foundation, the first-ever LGBT pride event which held in Lagos on Tuesday, October 29.

Some of the sponsors of the event includes the Elton John AIDS Foundation, Martin Prendergast, Stephen Fry and Paul Gambaccini. The British Deputy High Commission also provided the venue for the event.

The Night of Diversity 2019 saw 9 members of the LGBT community take the stage to show off their talents and capabilities.

Source ; http://www.praizenews.com/bisi-alimi-organises-first-ever-lgbt-pride-event-in-lagos/

WE DID IT!!! Last night we organise an LGBT pride event in #Lagos. I am all emotional now as I never thought such would happen in my life time. The celebs cane out. Great crowd and loads of rainbow awesomeness. Thanks to
@ejaf and @Mprendergast. See you at Lagos Pride 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/bisialimi/status/1189433682634915841

I hope he invited Bobrisky as SPECIAL GUEST OF HONOUR !
Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Truthwords: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
A305:
Haha, You funny bro. You have almost summarized the whole bible but no one page in the Bible talked about homosexuality.
Smoking is not written in the Bible but we know it is bad , Cocain is not in the bible , but we know it is bad . There are scriptures that preach against homosexuality for your information : Consider Romans 1:27: “And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

PERHAPS YOU HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO THE WRONG PASTOR :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7XXKaEDubM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcg4neK_Rw

4 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by ojgallant: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
The guy only wanted to be relevant, this is just a staged display.he said people came in mass,why can't we see there photos.

6 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
Which kind nonsense be this? So the proposed 14yrs imprisonment na just rule on paper, if not This one won’t have the gut to step his foot in Nigeria

Not trying to support nothing, but if you are gonna jail two consenting adults 14 years for same sex, how many years will you jail rapists and pedophiles that abound everywhere??!...

We seem to be constantly misplacing legal priorities.
Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Truthwords: 5:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
A305:
This is baseless and untrue fact. South Africa has more people living with HIV than many Africa countries, So we also say, it's because there are more gay people in S.A that made the number of HIV carriers skyrocket?
DO YOU REALISE THAT SOUTH AFRICA IS THE MOST GAY AND EFFEMINATE COUNTRY IN AFRICA ?. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN THERE DONT EVEN SUPPORT THEM

6 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Sterope(f): 5:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
Wow!

At this point I am a terrorist because I am a Muslim.

If you are a Christian terrorist because you believe in the maifesto of the Lord's Resistance Army

Truthwords:
Did you just say one person ? A MANIFESTO REPRESENTS AN AGENDA OF A PARTY , POLITICAL GROUP, OR SECRET SOCIETY ETC . YOU SUPPORTERS ARE JOKING WITH FIRE

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Truthwords: 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
Sterope:
Wow!

At this point I am a terrorist because I am a Muslim.

If you are a Christian terrorist because you believe in the maifesto of the Lord's Resistance Army

You are missing the point . There are people out there whos agenda is to promote homosexuality globally and make it the law . And a time is coming when it will be made compulsory using the judicial system . This is not about fighting for peoples rights , its about and end game which most of you don't understand

5 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Sterope(f): 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
Try and read up on HIV/AIDS
Endevil:
Elton John AIDS Foundation,

Aids is right they need to always include it because anal sodomy causes Aids.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by A305: 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
Truthwords:

Smoking is not written in the Bible but we know it is bad , Cocain is not in the bible , but we know it is bad . There are scriptures that preach against homosexuality for your information : Consider Romans 1:27: “And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

PERHAPS YOU HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO THE WRONG PASTOR :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7XXKaEDubM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcg4neK_Rw
That verse wasn't pertaining to homosexuality.

Romans 1:27 is not now and never has been a reference to two men falling in love and partnering to spend their lives together. Romans 1:27 describes the lust of shrine prostitutes who used sex to worship the fertility goddess Cybele, Protectress of Rome.

Roman coins circulating in the first century depicted Cybele as Mater Deum, "mother of the gods." Inhabitants of Rome worshiped Cybele at any of five worship sites which existed in first century Rome.

Romans 1:26-27 is an integral part of Paul's argument against idolatry. Paul is most assuredly not making an argument against lesbians and gay men. No one in early church history understood Paul to be assailing two women or two men partnering together in a same sex marriage.

Instead Paul describes sexual worship of the Phrygian fertility goddess Cybele as an example of the idolatry of first century Romans.
https://www.gaychristian101.com/how-do-you-interpret-romans-127.html
Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by DNSPro: 5:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
eTECTIV:
Dis is fucking irritating... Where are d police dat went to bust Bobrisky's birthday.. Where Una dey where dis one happen
they did it secretly and announced after done.

Dude has shot himself.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Endevil: 5:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
Truthwords:

Don't mind those foolish people supporting them . Nairaland is full of knockleheads who feel that accepting such damnation is equal to evolution . If you noticed the lifeless event was sponsored by the british govt and those other satanic international organizations that are hell bent on dooming the human race . most supporters of the lgbt crap don't see the big picture .

British are A blood and RH negative bloodlines

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by babaireti(m): 5:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
Where are our women? this is your fight,when men are not even plenty enough to get you married,this one is still telling men to marry men,mad man

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by kongolo(m): 5:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
Truthwords:
DO YOU REALISE THAT SOUTH AFRICA IS THE MOST GAY AND EFFEMINATE COUNTRY IN AFRICA ?. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN THERE DONT EVEN SUPPORT THEM
Calm down.You have nothing to worry about.This lgbt movement will never be accepted in Nigeria as long as the men don't accept it because men always create social,economic and political changes in communities/societies.So far so good,Nigerian men are absolutely hostile towards it

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Endevil: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
Sterope:
Try and read up on HIV/AIDS

I have and obviously you have not. grin

Not my fault.

Wake up out your slumber

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Truthwords: 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
A305:
That verse wasn't pertaining to homosexuality.

Romans 1:27 is not now and never has been a reference to two men falling in love and partnering to spend their lives together. Romans 1:27 describes the lust of shrine prostitutes who used sex to worship the fertility goddess Cybele, Protectress of Rome.

Roman coins circulating in the first century depicted Cybele as Mater Deum, "mother of the gods." Inhabitants of Rome worshiped Cybele at any of five worship sites which existed in first century Rome.

Romans 1:26-27 is an integral part of Paul's argument against idolatry. Paul is most assuredly not making an argument against lesbians and gay men. No one in early church history understood Paul to be assailing two women or two men partnering together in a same sex marriage.

Instead Paul describes sexual worship of the Phrygian fertility goddess Cybele as an example of the idolatry of first century Romans.
https://www.gaychristian101.com/how-do-you-interpret-romans-127.html

WHAT DO YOU THINK THE BIBLE IS REFERRING TO WHEN IT TALKS ABOUT LEAVIND THE NATURAL USE OF A WOMAN SODOMY IS CONDEMNED IN THE BIBLE STOP TRYING TO MISINTERPRET SCRIPTURES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4snU5awSVng WATCH THE VIDEOS I AM SENDING TO YOU

7 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Sterope(f): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
You can't promote homosexuality. It is innate. It is either there or it isn't.

Bisi Alimi is not promoting homosexuality. He is advocating for their rights to be treated as human. Homosexuality cannot be made compulsory. undecided

I understand end of times very well. It is not an excuse to mistreat others. 'Satan's agents' are many and that includes you. It is not Christlike to mistreat people, is it?

Truthwords:
You are missing the point . There are people out there whos agenda is to promote homosexuality globally and make it the law . And a time is coming when it will be made compulsory using the judicial system . This is not about fighting for peoples rights , its about and end game which most of you don't understand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Truthwords: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
Sterope:
You can't promote homosexuality. It is innate. It is either there or it isn't.

Bisi Alimi is not promoting homosexuality. He is advocating for their rights to be treated as human. Homosexuality cannot be made compulsory. undecided

I understand end of times very well. It is not an excuse to mistreat others. 'Satan's agents' are many and that includes you. It is not Christlike to mistreat people, is it?

GOD DID NOT PUT IT THERE . MOST OF THESE PEOPLE WHO PRACTICE THESE THINGS SAY THAT SOMETHING HAPPEND TO THEM WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG . A LOT OF THEM HAVE BEEN DELIVERED AND HAVE COME OUT TO RENOUNCE SUCH ACT . IT WAS NEVER THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4snU5awSVng

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Vado(m): 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
eTECTIV:
Dis is fucking irritating... Where are d police dat went to bust Bobrisky's birthday.. Where Una dey where dis one happen

He is a British citizen. Also, the article says that the British High Commission provided the venue space. Even as extreme as Northerners are, they dare not step on their boss (Britain) toes.
Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by A305: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
Truthwords:
You got me, you right, SA has more gay people and more HIV people as well so can we conclude Akwa Ibom state has more gay people in Nigeria as well? Because they have more people with HIV.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-news/320411-akwa-ibom-ranks-highest-in-hiv-prevalence-rate-in-nigeria.html/amp/
Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Ugwuoke347(m): 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
Truthwords:

Don't mind those foolish people supporting them . Nairaland is full of knockleheads who feel that accepting such damnation is equal to evolution . If you noticed the lifeless event was sponsored by the british govt and those other satanic international organizations that are hell bent on dooming the human race . most supporters of the lgbt crap don't see the big picture .

No nation or people are interested
in getting your country doomed
because your country is already doomed enough,
With so many primitive cave men
giving endless ventilation to their primitive thinking
every now and again .

Those with same-sex attraction deserve sympathy,
compassion and help,
not molestation and condemnation.
No people, no nation will ever progress by suppressing
groups in its demography that seek nothing
but a respectable means to attainment of
happiness and fulfilment.

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Truthwords: 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
A305:
You got me, you right, SA has more gay people and more HIV people as well so we conclude Akwa Ibom state has more gay people in Nigeria as well? Because they have more people with HIV.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-news/320411-akwa-ibom-ranks-highest-in-hiv-prevalence-rate-in-nigeria.html/amp/
Good , but have you checked out news from south Africa ? I lived there for 2 and a half years , a lot of their men are effeminates and closed door homosexuals . some are even married to women but they have secret husbands . everytime you ejaculate into an anus , you have opened yourself to all sorts of diseases and negative spiritual doors are opened . accept the truth brother . I know that you are scanning the internet for facts to throw at me . but FACTS CANT KILL THE TRUTH

4 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Sterope(f): 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
How about this? Try and see it as a medical abnormality. God put it there. The least as humans, and you as a Christian is to respect their choice to be treated like humans despite this abnormality smiley

You can also pray and fast on their behalf, maybe God might change Bisi Alimi too.n

Truthwords:

GOD DID NOT PUT IT THERE . MOST OF THESE PEOPLE WHO PRACTICE THESE THINGS SAY THAT SOMETHING HAPPEND TO THEM WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG . A LOT OF THEM HAVE BEEN DELIVERED AND HAVE COME OUT TO RENOUNCE SUCH ACT . IT WAS NEVER THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4snU5awSVng
Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by mechanics(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hmmmmmm, they are still in darkness.
Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Truthwords: 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
Ugwuoke347:

No nation or people are interested in getting your country doomed because your country is already doomed enough,
With so many primitive cave men giving endless ventilation to their primitive thinking.

Why would you be interested in what people choose to do
with their lives even when you are not affected by their choices?
Channel your energies to waging a crusade against your
Muslim brothers who have made it a tradition to force underaged children as young as 9 into wicked marriages.

Those with same-sex attraction deserve the right to seek out people of their kind unmolested by people who imagine
they can police the private lives of adults with their insensitive, insane and bigoted prejudices
and "ill-conceived" religious ideas.

No people, no nation will ever progress by suppressing
groups in its demography that seek nothing but a respectable means to attainment happiness and fulfilment.

I wont even argue with you or reply you any further than this because you are taking it political . I am from the east too just like you . But I see the big picture . As for northern terrorists , I agree they need to be expunged .

1 Like

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by duality(m): 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
It can only happen in buhari's government.

GEJ signed the law, can Buhari enforce it?

It's left for all to see.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by webngnews: 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by ABCthings: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
Sterope:

2. How has homesexualism ruined your society?
And
It hasn't yet. but nevertheless it a threat to the future of our Children

3. What morals? How did who he is sleeping with become your moral burden? What gave you the impression he is obligated to conform to your definition of morality?

He must when his actions are toxic to others.

1. Outside religion and because some unknown or irrelevant people are against it, give me one good reason why it is bad.
It has the potential to rapidly complicate our society.
In world today a girl cannot sleep it the same room with a boy and feel safe. What will now be the case when we allow gays?
How will our social life be if I can't stay with my bro. without the fear of being harassed?
Again when LBGT is successful, what next will come?
I don't know why we always have morons developing stupid desire s whenever nonsense like this springs up.
Gay is a disorder that must never be allowed!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Truthwords: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
Sterope:

How about this? Try and see it as a medical abnormality. God put it there. The least as humans, and you as a Christian is to respect their choice to be treated like humans despite this abnormality smiley

You can also pray and fast on their behalf, maybe God might change Bisi Alimi too.n

NOW I AGREE WITH YOU ITS AN ABMORMALITY THAT NEEDS TO BE CURED

3 Likes

Re: Bisi Alimi Organises First LGBT Pride Event In Lagos by Osobi32(m): 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2019
What's this? Disgusting! So faggs now run open shows in this country. Too bad

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mompha: My Wristwatches Can Buy Three Mansions (Photos) / T-pain And His Bodyguard Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / Ned Nwoko Sues Azuka Jebose Molokwu For N2 Billion For Calling Him A Cultist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.