Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit (18410 Views)

Hajiya Gambo Sawaba: ‘The Most Jailed Nigerian Female Politician’ / NHRC Summons AEPB Boss Over Raid Of Abuja Night Clubs, Relaxation Centres / Where Is Hajiya Turai Yaradua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Blackvic1: 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

you are the educated illiterate read the Nigeria law on public indecency and prostitution

and also criminal code act.

we in Nigeria have our own laws, we do not use California laws.
this is why I said there are lots of dunce in this country and sadly you are one of them what does indecent dressing has to do with criminal code act I read the wonana statement she used religion if I am correct where she said that it’s against the two religion in Abuja which is Christianity and Islam you are too dull for my liking it’s people like you that have or will destroy this country , we are too religious yet too backward even the so-called Islamic countries are understanding the fact that religion is a personal choice it shouldn’t be enforced on people Dubai is adapting even the almighty Saudi is adapting as well but Nigeria is third world country still enforcing religious laws on people in this 21st century?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by blackboy(m): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
I live in Abuja and can confirm it's truly happens. Not only at night but during the day. In the name of fighting street trading and prostitution but it's all turned to an Avenue they use the victims for free sex, rape and financial extortion.
A cleaner in our office was sent to the junction of Maitama to buy something and these officials picked her along with traders. All please by officials from the office turned on dead ears. She was taken away and made to part with money before her release

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
Blackvic1:
this is why I said there are lots of dunce in this country and sadly you are one of them what does indecent dressing has to do with criminal code act I read the wonana statement she used religion if I am correct where she said that it’s against the two religion in Abuja which is Christianity and Islam you are too dull for my liking it’s people like you that have or will destroy this country , we are too religious yet too backward even the so-called Islamic countries are understanding the fact that religion is a personal choice it shouldn’t be enforced on people Dubai is adapting even the almighty Saudi is adapting as well but Nigeria is third world country still enforcing religious laws on people in this 21st century?

you call me a dunce but funny enough you are the dunce because you do not understand country laws, all offence prohibited by the state are in criminal code

number 2-- there was nowhere in her speech did she used religion to justify what she did

you keep bringing up religion and nothing about that was said in her speech,

she infact went on to say that women are the mother of the nation, the way women behave in society will determine how children will, because women train children

funny stuff about you, is that you are just part of the crowd that doesnt think before acting, next time be smart, use your brain to think and stop following public opinion, you are easily manipulated like a child

this is the speech again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNNx_GAaDfU
Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by SOFTENGR: 10:11pm On Oct 31, 2019
judgementyard:
I feel for the ladies .
If one calls Nigeria a zoo please don't be offended.
Don't insult zoo. There is order in the zoo.

Goodluck Jonathan asked if we wanted to live in a jungle. Unfortunately, majority are Zombies who want to live in a jungle. I can not remain in this jungle again.

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Blackvic1: 10:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

you call me a dunce but funny enough you are the dunce because you do not understand country laws, all offence prohibited by the state are in criminal code

number 2-- there was nowhere in her speech did she used religion to justify what she did

you keep bringing up religion and nothing about that was said in her speech,

she infact went on to say that women are the mother of the nation, the way women behave in society will determine how children will, because women train children

funny stuff about you, is that you are just part of the crowd that doesnt think before acting, next time be smart, use your brain to think and stop following public opinion, you are easily manipulated like a child

this is the speech again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNNx_GAaDfU
listen my mr this is all a personal decision, wether it’s in the law or not which I doubt it is cos I’ve searched it on the bills passed in NA I couldn’t find it but that’s by the way the government have failed in all ramifications,look at who’s talking about acting before thinking, in a secular society like ours this shouldn’t be the issue if this is an Islamic country I don’t care, arresting ladies cos of there mode of dressing is rubbish in this 21st century is arrant rubbish, this is not the first duty of the government provide jobs and basic social amenities and watch all this reduce its very simple, look at the northern part of the country where sharia law is in place the rate of drugs is all time high, the rate of rape, even prostitution is all time high coupled with low level of development and poverty misplaced priority I must say

3 Likes

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
Blackvic1:
listen my mr this is all a personal decision, wether it’s in the law or not which I doubt it is cos I’ve searched it on the bills passed in NA I couldn’t find it but that’s by the way the government have failed in all ramifications,look at who’s talking about acting before thinking, in a secular society like ours this shouldn’t be the issue if this is an Islamic country I don’t care, arresting ladies cos of there mode of dressing is rubbish in this 21st century is arrant rubbish, this is not the first duty of the government provide jobs and basic social amenities and watch all this reduce its very simple, look at the northern part of the country where sharia law is in place the rate of drugs is all time high, the rate of rape, even prostitution is all time high coupled with low level of development and poverty misplaced priority I must say

also arresting men who expose their genital because it is their mode of dressing is rubbish in this 21st century.

and i dont know how religion got to be played here. some people broke the law of the land, so we should not arrest them, must everything be about religion

is the southern part of Nigeria safe too.. high rate of drugs, yahoo yahoo, bank fraud, rape, prostitution are also all high in the south, so stop pretending like in the south everything goes well or there are no crimes.
Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by chigoizie7(m): 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
I will keep saying this.

They came for me, you kept quiet because ee no concern you. They came for me okon, you also kept mute, now they came for you, you want people to speak up, lie lie.

Don’t worry, it will certainly touch us all one way or the other

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Generalyemi(m): 10:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
post=83636559:
Ally the people involved in this rubbish must be brought to book ASAP.

We won't condone this in our society.

We are sure we'll read about their arrest in the next 48 hours.

you are "Not" useless
Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by doggedfighter(f): 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
lilwetdick:
i love how feminists and their allies have twisted the stories to religious war

what are these women doing by 1 am at night semi naked?

Sod off

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Jaqenhghar: 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
post=83636559:
Ally the people involved in this rubbish must be brought to book ASAP.

We won't condone this in our society.

We are sure we'll read about their arrest in the next 48 hours.
Who is we?
Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Jaqenhghar: 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
Monter1:
I don't know who needs to hear this but your religion is not a constitution for all of humanity.

Make no mistake, Hajiya Safiya Umar is just one of the millions of Nigerians who share the same mindset that moral policing is necessary for nation building.
Bless you. Did we not read something similar that haplened in Enugu because a girl wore a short skirt

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Jaqenhghar: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2019
chigoizie7:
I will keep saying this.

They came for me, you kept quiet because ee no concern you. They came for me okon, you also kept mute, now they came for you, you want people to speak up, lie lie.

Don’t worry, it will certainly touch us all one way or the other
abi. They dont see the big picture

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by RenHub: 12:12am On Nov 01, 2019
[quote author= post=83636567][/quote]

Mininion... You and your blood thirsty master

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by mekuxiani(m): 3:03am On Nov 01, 2019
Chukwurah003:

Only PDP criminals have no hope.
this is a serious issue and your calling PDP

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Nobody: 3:18am On Nov 01, 2019
This mad woman has empowered a bunch of jackbooted thugs to kidnap any woman off the streets of ABUJA on the flimsiest of excuses.

It is as simple as see that woman walking by, I want to fk her. And you grab her for indecent dressing. I am shocked and frightened. This is the second time this mad woman and her army of mad dogs is in the news.

How is it that no one in the BUHARI administration has intervened? This is very bad.

2 Likes

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by tonididdy(m): 4:26am On Nov 01, 2019
lilwetdick:

what has sharia got to do with this? stop making everything about religion

where were you when they were creating sharia in the north, what do you know about the country, there are sharia laws and court in the core north and even in abuja, stop writing what you dont know
Mr Muslim supporter... worship your Mohammed alone and don't enforce it on others.

that I am a Christian don't mean I will force Jesus on you. allow people live their lives freely, nor be your mama Belle them pass come

3 Likes

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by tonididdy(m): 4:34am On Nov 01, 2019
Blackvic1:

I don't know why Africa is so dumb and backward... like you rightly said, just 2 months ago, Saudi Arabia started issuing tourist visas, this is something that has never happened before.

the rest of the world is changing and accepting people's lifestyles they never even understood before meanwhile here in Nigeria, we want to enforce Muslim culture on everybody.

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by LZAA: 5:30am On Nov 01, 2019
[quote author= post=83636567][/quote]

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by introvertme: 5:34am On Nov 01, 2019
lilwetdick:

i am in the side that support decency in society

and what has sharia law got to do with it.

decency in the public is taught in both Christianity and islam

Take a look at your username and you have the guts to talk of decency in public. Hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Reference(m): 6:27am On Nov 01, 2019
Hmmm....The never ending battle between liberties.
Everyone wants to be free to live in his own paradise.... but where lies the responsibility that should come to create a balance.

The 'authorities' want a 'moral' society but lack the morals when going about it in a classic, 'do what I say' regime and expect the rest of society to obey the laws they cannot obey themselves....

While the citizens cannot come to terms or accept the responsibility for their moral choices and the vices unguarded activities engender.... crying out about crime but stoking it with decadence....

At some point both parties have to come round a table and negotiate for a set of values they can mutually accept.
I have repeatedly said it. The bane of this country is a patent lack of mutually accepted values across board.

No two Nigerians anywhere in this country can agree on how this country should be set up and work and this lack of direction has held us back for generations and left us utterly backward and derelict despite our world reknowned 'strength in diversity' mantra and globally acknowledged 'outward religious piety'... sad...

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Inferno001(m): 6:42am On Nov 01, 2019
lilwetdick:

pls stop writing nonsense down

if the woman says prostitution is illegal in abuja, let it be, if many of those women are truely saints, what are they doing by 1 am standing on the street semi naked?

stop trying to make it feel like it is a religion war
Where in the write up did you see that all the women illegally detained where prostitutes? common sense should tell you to read properly before spewing trash..it doesn't have to be a religious war but didn't you read the part where a pregnant married woman was also abducted? so being out at night in abuja as a lady is a crime now? if she wants to curb prostitution, she and her cohorts should investigate where these girls stay and make plans to arrest them and not just picking innocent women up..imagine knocking hotel doors just to infringe on human rights..its a shame you're supporting this...I stay in abuja and i can tell you its easy to locate where prostitutes do their businesses so if they as law enforcement officers can't make simple investigation to ascertain this instead of harassing innocent people then they should hide their heads In shame..the brazen support these animals get from people like you who don't condemn what's wrong because it has not happened close to home is why this nation is the way it is today...stop being a foolish hypocrite and a supporter of wrong doings

2 Likes

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by toye440: 8:49am On Nov 01, 2019
Allakuberians and evil are more like Siamese twins, 1st its hijab to make sure when they come 4 their arrest they can spot their own, then we have sleeper cells everywhere, with even a Phd holder as a victim, now this inhumane treatment of innocent Nigerians who dont wear that siucide gown called hijab. I can bet anybody this ppl will kill the story cos its what they do, they cover every evil committed by their own just like they did with Wadume the billionaire kidnapper. U will agree with me that the volume was loud when evans was caught, but wadume's story has died a natural death. Evans was arrested by a virgin hunter, but when non allakuberians arrested wadume they paid with their life. This is the length this ppl would go to protect their own. In conclusion this can only stop if we REGIONALIZE this country.

1 Like

Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by Beezy94(m): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2019
from my own perspective I think is glaring clear that a very important person in power has already given the so called "Hajiya Safiya Umar" (someone is definitely behind the curtain playing the tune they are dancing to )authority to trample on people rights just to achieve his/her own moral religious justification. I think this despicts the kind of government we are having in this country of ours where citizens are seen as puppets or even slave that must subject to the ill wills of its master.
Re: Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit by CeterisXVII: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2019
lilwetdick:
pls stop writing nonsense down

if the woman says prostitution is illegal in abuja, let it be, if many of those women are truely saints, what are they doing by 1 am standing on the street semi naked?

stop trying to make it feel like it is a religion war
Don't be funny. Was it all the women that were arrested at the roadside by1 a.m?

What about those dragged out of their hotel rooms?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Plans To Sell Electricity Transmission Company / EFCC Probes Former Govs, Ex-ministers, Recovers N12.7billion From One Individual / ‘your Letter Lacks Respect’ — Obi Of Onitsha Tackles Soludo’s Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.