Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:34 PM

Looking To Form A Rock Band - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Looking To Form A Rock Band (2865 Views)

Nigerian Rock Band " 1 Last Autograph" Releases New Single / Naija Advert That Looks Like A ROCK Music Video / Would A Rock Concert Pull A Crowd In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by Banderas(m): 12:33pm On Jun 01, 2007
hahaha, that name will simply NOT fly. You need to understand the Rock culture, and the expectations thereof. Rock songs, apart from the background music are all about clever english and subtle innuendos. And the name ALWAYS matters. If you want to form a Naija rock group, why not go for a well known phrase, or something a bit cliche, like "sweet mother" from the popular song, or perhaps "A people of the man" - a modification of the Chinua Achebe song.

You need to make an effort with these things, and realise that most of your target market are likely to be upper-middle class people, who will tend to be well read and enjoy witty mannerisms and wordplay.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by nanaboi(m): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2007
There's this gospel one I came across - solo tho. But I neva got a chance to find out the guy's name. Chorus is in Igbo language:

Ime-ela Papa a a

Ime-ela Eze

Ime-ela Papa a a

Where u are, that's where I wanna be.

Plz, anybody here know his name? I'm down like a car with 4 flat tyres with that song!
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by samorijack(m): 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2007
i've been in hospital succes 01 ,just gotout i'll give you a call over the week end, aight.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by ryu11(m): 6:27pm On Jun 01, 2007
so

soulpatrol and iice

If i get to join the band and they let me wear nail polish,,,,what colour do you find more sexy

BLACK, PURPLE or PINK?
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by iice(f): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2007
@ryu11 Black!!! or deep purple abi dark purple. I detest pink! tongue grin
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by MP007(m): 10:00am On Jun 03, 2007
holla at me mehn! i play drums, heave metal , rock , amplified2sp@yahoo.com, been playing since i was 9
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by kdships(m): 4:17pm On Jun 03, 2007
Interesting but you guys must get that thought of making money from this out of your head or else you'd be wasting your time. This should be kind of like a non-profit thing for now. Naija Rock will not fetch you money at this time.ย  I'm a rock fan too. I've been listening to rock since I was a kid and I know there are just too few guys like us around. Just do it for fun and with time you'll be like The Rolling Stones. You could name the band The Genesis. Wish you the best.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by Seun(m): 4:25pm On Jun 03, 2007
Actually, doing something like this without thinking about money is more of a waste of time. Lots of input, no output!
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by kdships(m): 4:32pm On Jun 03, 2007
I don't agree with you Seun. Let me ask you this question. When you first started this site, I mean from the very first day you uploaded some files, did you start making money from that day? If these guys are really serious and they are "real rock fans", they won't get tired putting their time into it. It's going to be fun.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by soulpatrol(f): 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2007
thank you. when you're doing something you love, the money part that goes with it is just a bonus. so even if you're broke as hell and you got the music in you, then rock on! cool
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by ryu11(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2007
Talking about names for the band:

we gotta decide what type of rock, there are several sub-genres of rock you know? if its going to be hardcore rock band mostly then;

XCREAM 9AIJA

will surely rock.

About making money, we may not initially and depending on what XCREAM 9AIJAย  has to offer, we just might, focus should be on fostering rock culture in Nigeria and opening a market for it.

heheheย  grin grin grin, i use we coz I'm optimistic, I'll be part of the band.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by soulpatrol(f): 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2007
this name get as e be o. tongue i don twist my tongue finish trying to pronounce am.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by Banderas(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2007
Why do you want to put your country name in the band's name?

I can just see the Awards:

And the winner is: Xcream 9Aija, the band from, yeah, Naija.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by bami(m): 10:00pm On Jun 07, 2007
i came across this guy called Eben on sound city and his song "mmarama" a gospel song is the best naija rocksong i've ever heard.
Anyway i'm a diehard rock fan so it will be promising to rock bands growing in nigeria.
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by MP007(m): 9:24am On Jun 24, 2007
party like a rock star, to tot to totally do!
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by coolminded(m): 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2007
Copy Katz, Find a new innovation boi
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by cammax7(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2007
nothing is original under the sun, coolminded. it has either been done before or said before, its just adding a new twist to an old tale
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by ikivile: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2010
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by ikivile: 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2010
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by medjai(m): 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2010
i think i've got a very cool name for a rock band, 'decibels of the demented'. I think it sounds great. I'm down with joining a band
Re: Looking To Form A Rock Band by donkelvin10(m): 12:21pm On May 14, 2023
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ
Good day house .... I do ROCK and RAP MUSIC... I need someone we can work together. WHATSAPP 09023630072

(1) (2) (Reply)

Website To Download And Share beats. / D'prince Frenzy Album Download+review / VIDEO: Vector โ€“ Follow Me Dey Go [download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.