Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,446 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

How To Build A Healthy Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Build A Healthy Relationship (241 Views)

Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? / Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? / Maryanne Michael: One-Armed Woman Gives Birth To A Healthy Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Build A Healthy Relationship by Discuss247: 1:37am On Nov 01, 2019
Maintaining a healthy relationship is a constant and consistent action taken by everyone in a relationship, but building one is more of a concern to many.

Today, I will share with you a few tips to building one and how to sustain the relationship with ease, averting workload on a single party to the relationship, while creating a balance and growth for both parties.

So... First, we have to understand what a healthy relationship means...
Healthy relationship is one in which two people develop feelings based on mutual respect with both parties involved understanding themselves and knowing the limits to which they can both go with each other without creating an imbalance.
Often a times we misunderstand healthy relationship with lust relationship due to negligence on our side, which is directly attributed to our uncontrollable desire to bond with the opposite party we are involved with. Nevertheless, the lust relationship or whatever relationship we are in can be geared and mastered towards becoming a healthy relationship by following this tips on how to build one (healthy relationship).

Different school of thoughts have derived different views on what a healthy relationship should look like or how to build one and maintain it, but after carrying out a detailed survey on several successful relationship, I have been able to sum up the most functional tips and strategies to building a super healthy relationship.

Sharing these relationship hacks and making both the individual and relationship better is my major joy. But, may I have you know that one disappointing fact about this masterpiece of information is that; we read but don't practicalise it, rather we think our partner (s) owe us this responsibilities of making what's is ours, our ship, our relationship, we think it's their function to make it healthy. So, please if you are reading this and it wasn't your intention to read but you just felt like knowing for reference or future purpose, please do well to share to those you know might need it. If you are current and you know a lot of happenings in our society, relationship breakage and divorce issues is trending everywhere.

Ok... So back to business (with a smile), Before picking your hack, you would most definitely want to answer these few questions I have set. Why? It's simple, it's because from my research I have come to find out that many of us don't even know why we are in a relationship, what type of relationship we are and what the major issues of our relationship really is. We just rush to a friend, counselor, or to get online therapy, without analysing the problem so you'd know what solution (s) to search for.

Let's get to know how to build a healthy relationship...

Improve your communication skill: One major problem with everyone of us is the fact that we tend to assume or presume that the receiver or decoder of our information(s) understands us from our view, and therefore we neglect emphasizing on the important details that could help them understand us better.

When I say work on your communication skill, I mean work on making your partner (decoder) understand your details so he can understand you better. I know you might have read this rule or strategy in so many places, blogs and books. But, the fact is they don't emphasize on the other party rather, they emphasize on you.

How do you want to move a shadow when light is still be hindered by what reflected the shadow?
I know you probably don't understand this. Here's what I mean, you've read different strategies to improve your communication skill, but you haven't read the person you are communicating to. So, your principle of communication, communication strategies might or will still fail you. Why? Because you have worked on you and you're now developed, but you haven't studied your partner to know which of your communication skills or strategies to use on him or her.

Here's the solution when I say work on your communication skill; work on understanding you and your partner as to what best he easily get on with then use that or those things to strike communication while you make them understand in their way.

Continue>>> discuss247

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Corper And Need A Room To Stay / Good Clothing For Rent! Workerwoka / Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training At Oluyole High School, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.