Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls (16072 Views)

Terrorism Index: Nigeria’s Ranking Improves As Boko Haram Killings Dip By 72% / Debt Servicing Rises, Gulps 72% Of FG Revenues / Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by frank202012: 9:29am On Nov 01, 2019
GrossPrice:

Poverty in Nigeria, yet the brothels and beer parlors are still profitable and cigarette smokers can still afford to smoke > 0 stick per day.

Do you really know what poverty looks like?

you reason like our politicians...
so ur myopic analysis proves good governance....

idiats
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by abvictory: 9:31am On Nov 01, 2019
the good thing is that i registered since 2014, was only given the paper own which do not have expiry date, so how can i renew what cannot expire when i have not been given the permanent card
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Niaja4real(m): 9:40am On Nov 01, 2019
Blue3k:

Source: https://noi-polls.com/national-identity-card-poll-result-release/

Pls when will the government start deporting those without this their card to sener Climes
Tell them to book me on the very first flight.
Thank u.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by joytothewise(m): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2019
invigilator:
I registered since 2016 till now I have not gotten my ID, this is just a prove that this country cares less of its citizens... We all got the voters card 3months after enrollment - another proof that this government is only interested in what benefits them... Imagine a Country spending billions on Voters Card and the same time spend another set of Billions on national ID Cards when the functions/features of both can be combined into one card at a lower cost. Sometimes I wonder why we have Ministry of Finance when cost is not being mitigated to the nearest minimum

You dey mind them?? As I dey so the only thing that identify me a Nigerian is my passport... they have mentality of looting.. even voters card sef I no get!!
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Tonytonic(m): 9:45am On Nov 01, 2019
Valwezzy:
It'll reach 90% by this time next year

How do you renew what you don't have?

How do you even apply for what will take Aeon before it gets processed and done?

Mine that I did since 3 years ago is still pending, yet they want us to sheepishly renew it with a fee. sad
And to think there's a renewal fee makes it more Appalling.
they want u to pay Dem for their lack of capacity
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Tonytonic(m): 9:50am On Nov 01, 2019
When is this govt deporting people without IDCard abeg I want to return my own and join those to b deported to canada.abeg help me.make I at least enjoy dis life for once.the suffer in dis country is too much.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Modernist: 9:51am On Nov 01, 2019
Why should we pay to identify ourselves as citizens of our country? is that not madness.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Peresrichly: 10:18am On Nov 01, 2019
Pay for renewal of something we don’t have. Oh I forgot they said they said the national ID we have been waiting for almost 5 years has already expired without getting to the owner.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by tck2000(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2019
Trash
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by darelar(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2019
Thank God I have mine since 2015 and is going to expire June 2020 which am not sure of renewal. I have not make use of it and the ATM functions attached to it, is only functioning with access bank as at then. Those fool in the office can't send out messages to individual to come and pick it and they find it difficult to speed up on the production since we're not paying to collect it, that will enable them to charge you extra money like driver's license or international passport.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by bimbodotun(m): 10:54am On Nov 01, 2019
Nigerians cant pay 3k for National ID cos their network is always bad after charging u for network u will hear no light after u pay for fuel u will hear no ink after paying for printing u wont c any ID card

Like if u have experienced this

1 Like

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by herakles: 11:03am On Nov 01, 2019
desthan:

Same here, I even went to their office last week and they said it's not ready, we should give them another 5 years...

NIMC is a joke angry a very horrible one
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Caleycash(m): 11:04am On Nov 01, 2019
scam country... why will they!?
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Reelnah: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2019
I disagree with that statistics, 95% Nigerians are not ready to pay, which 72% for where?
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Valwezzy: 11:35am On Nov 01, 2019
Tonytonic:
they want u to pay Dem for their lack of capacity

You can imagine sad
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Skmoda360(m): 11:39am On Nov 01, 2019
invigilator:
I registered since 2016 till now I have not gotten my ID, this is just a prove that this country cares less of its citizens... We all got the voters card 3months after enrollment - another proof that this government is only interested in what benefits them... Imagine a Country spending billions on Voters Card and the same time spend another set of Billions on national ID Cards when the functions/features of both can be combined into one card at a lower cost. Sometimes I wonder why we have Ministry of Finance when cost is not being mitigated to the nearest minimum
What about 2014? Bro, yours is even closer than mine, so let's say it's a failed system of government we have in Nigeria.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by juman(m): 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
Nigeria is a country that failed us.
This is a country we are not proud of.

Courtesy of greedy military generals.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Okoroawusa: 12:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
alsudaes1:
They want it renewed because It has expiry date, look for anyone with the plastic card you'll see the expiry date on it.

I registered since 2013 and no card yet!
National Id doesn't expire once u get your NIN(National Identification Number). Have you gotten the paper that you can laminate? it contains ur NIN... It's linked to your BVN n very soon linked to your JAMB n WAEC..

Make sure you don't lose it because you will pay 5K for renewal. Nobody is your servant
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by stormborn28(m): 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2019
Useless government
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by maxzzo1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
98% are not willing to pay.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by HarunaWest(m): 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
invigilator:

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by alsudaes1(m): 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
Okoroawusa:

National Id doesn't expire once u get your NIN(National Identification Number). Have you gotten the paper that you can laminate? it contains ur NIN... It's linked to your BVN n very soon linked to your JAMB n WAEC..

Make sure you don't lose it because you will pay 5K for renewal. Nobody is your servant

Is there any difficulty in getting someone who has the identity card (not any paper slip) for you to debunk the fact that it has expiry date than displaying ignorance with so much vigour

In fact I have a friend who registered in 2015, got the identity card (not paper slip) last year 2018. However, date of issue on the card reads 2015 to expire January 2020 which is also on the card.

Going by an assumption of 5 years until renewal, it appears mine (registered 2013) must have expired before I even get the card.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Workers Defy Soludo’s Directive Against Sit-At-Home / U.S Political Analysist: Are Africans Too Dumb To Develope? / #WhySubsidyRemoval Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.