Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls (16076 Views)

Terrorism Index: Nigeria’s Ranking Improves As Boko Haram Killings Dip By 72% / Debt Servicing Rises, Gulps 72% Of FG Revenues / Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Enemyofpeace: 7:49am On Nov 01, 2019
It serves Nigeria right, next time the so called leaders will know how to treat their citizens well. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by herakles: 7:49am On Nov 01, 2019
aryasand what do you have to say about this issue?
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by PETUK(m): 7:51am On Nov 01, 2019
Just 72%? Are you telling me that there are people that are willing to pay?

2 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by nairalanduseles: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2019
Nigerians can't see what is happening... you gor yourself a tyrant ....this is the worst ever......worst than abacha
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by quizpaid(f): 7:57am On Nov 01, 2019
I don't support it to because what we have not collect before is unfair
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by alsudaes1(m): 8:00am On Nov 01, 2019
Freemanbobble:

This national id card doesn't need renewal

It is not supposed to be renewed
Replaced only when you lose it

They want it renewed because It has expiry date, look for anyone with the plastic card you'll see the expiry date on it.

I registered since 2013 and no card yet!

1 Like

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Amed4bilz(m): 8:01am On Nov 01, 2019
Can you imagine
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Equity15(m): 8:01am On Nov 01, 2019
pay for what? am I crazy? registered since 2014, still yet to get the card and it has 10years validity or so..now nimc have used 5years. what am I paying for exactly? ATM cards that are more secured are produced under 1/2 weeks. but ordinary nimc is taking a half a decade. isn't this madness?

2 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by desthan(m): 8:08am On Nov 01, 2019
herakles:

I registered since 2014, and it's not ready yet

Same here, I even went to their office last week and they said it's not ready, we should give them another 5 years...

2 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by sylve11: 8:10am On Nov 01, 2019
AryaSand:
What exactly do we get in return for being Nigerians?

My dear, nothing o. Absolutely nothing! cool

2 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Ewedegubbler: 8:12am On Nov 01, 2019
One of the worst things you can do to yourself is to brandish a Nigerian ID card abroad, you don fukk up big time be that
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by IghravweIG(m): 8:14am On Nov 01, 2019
Fu*ck the card. I ain't renewing shiiit.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Surulereman(m): 8:26am On Nov 01, 2019
Very annoying topic. Many that have registered since 5 years ago are yet to receive the National ID. Those in authority are so relaxed as if it's normal. What a country. Who's in charge here

1 Like

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 01, 2019
that is why the FG want to use the army to force people to pay for it through Operation positive identification.

2 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Jaynom(m): 8:28am On Nov 01, 2019
invigilator:
I registered since 2016 till now I have not gotten my ID, this is just a prove that this country cares less of its citizens... We all got the voters card 3months after enrollment - another proof that this government is only interested in what benefits them... Imagine a Country spending billions on Voters Card and the same time spend another set of Billions on national ID Cards when the functions/features of both can be combined into one card at a lower cost. Sometimes I wonder why we have Ministry of Finance when cost is not being mitigated to the nearest minimum
I Registered since 2010
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by lenghtinny(m): 8:32am On Nov 01, 2019
And I thought the southwest would have the lowest percentage with the way many of them dey carry this useless Buhari government for head like afro because of Tinubu's ambition....

I thought Buhari can never do no wrong....

Anyways me I have my card, when it expires, make dem deport me to Antarctica..
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by invigilator(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2019
Jaynom:

I Registered since 2010
yours should be ready now, just stroll by the office with your slip... According to them they said its 2013 downwards that is ready or check their website to confirm if yours is ready theh have a portal for that there
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by olioxx(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2019
How I wish the Nig FG can start deporting Nigerian that dont have ID. If I am deported to Norway or Dutchland, I wont mind. .
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by EnaibeSam: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2019
Shameless people. Only 26% have gotten their ID, you people are not talking about how the remaining 74% will get theirs, you are talking on how to pay N3000 to renew what we don't have. Many of us have applied for the ID more than 3 years now, no any information about the collection.
Please just deport me to Canada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Tolani1122(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2019
This Should be freeeeeeeeee as I'm a citizen of this stupid country, it's national � card, soon we would paying voters card
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Powersurge: 8:39am On Nov 01, 2019
invigilator:
I registered since 2016 till now I have not gotten my ID, this is just a prove that this country cares less of its citizens... We all got the voters card 3months after enrollment - another proof that this government is only interested in what benefits them... Imagine a Country spending billions on Voters Card and the same time spend another set of Billions on national ID Cards when the functions/features of both can be combined into one card at a lower cost. Sometimes I wonder why we have Ministry of Finance when cost is not being mitigated to the nearest minimum

DEC. 2014. Still waiting to collect. One thing I am sure of is that I will not use my money to pay for national ID. if govt does not care about the identity of those she governs, make we live the matter like that.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 01, 2019
Did mine around September 2013.... Got an SMS to come collect it in April 2019.

My Question is if it took six years to get the ID card, how long will it take to renew it?

2 Likes

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by invigilator(m): 8:47am On Nov 01, 2019
Powersurge:

DEC. 2014. Still waiting to collect. One thing I am sure of is that I will not use my money to pay for national ID. if govt does not care about the identity of those she governs, make we live the matter like that.

A friend was even telling me to apply for International passport at once and forego the National ID as I have gotten the NIN already
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by 49cents(m): 8:50am On Nov 01, 2019
invigilator:

This is the reason we have to boot the stupid APC and PDP out for good.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Emily22(m): 8:54am On Nov 01, 2019
If u like draw pie chart,we no dey pay. Lobatan

1 Like

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by bankmartins(m): 8:56am On Nov 01, 2019
Are we paying to renew Voters Card?
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by mushystuff: 8:58am On Nov 01, 2019
Goldencheese:
But this thing was free some years ago. What now changed?

Buhari, APC and excessive borrowing happened; that's what changed sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Yunus2012(m): 8:58am On Nov 01, 2019
Blue3k:
It's weird to me they forgot to ask do you already own other forms of ID like drivers license. I think that big reason not to bother getting national ID. I dont see point waiting in line for multiple IDs that serve similar functions. There's alot of poverty if the majority of people surveyed think 3000 naira is expensive to renew card. The cost of a drivers licence is more money.

On the last question to maje procesd easier I would say mail my stuff. I dont want wait in line twice.

Don't worry o. Just wait. She I people done dey run helter-skelter now. So, just don't do it.
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2019
Isn't this the same piece of crap I've been trying to get for the past 3 weeks
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2019
Samanza89:
Me and my family are in that percentage. If mine expires pls FG should delete my data from their data base and deport me Asap...

Instead of ameliorating the sufferings of the common man you're increasing it, after all the useless taxes and stamp duties. May God judge you all.
"Punish" is the right word!
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Jaynom(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2019
invigilator:
yours should be ready now, just stroll by the office with your slip... According to them they said its 2013 downwards that is ready or check their website to confirm if yours is ready theh have a portal for that there
Wow! Thanks for this vital information
Re: 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls by Tonytonic(m): 9:14am On Nov 01, 2019
Did we pay to get it.y should we pay to renew it.is it not beta to get an international passport and leave dis country than renew common ID that sch give for free.if the iD card can serve as passport then we go pay.common plastic ID card.God go punish this evil govt.shabi this is the palliative for subsidy u promise Nigeria.this govt just keep push us to the wall every day until Nigerian with react.y r we not paying for votes card.God must punish APC oo.even with corrupt PDP things was not dis bad.which kind nonsense be dis.we are not slaves in dis country oo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Kill Two Suspected IPOB Members In Ebonyi, Recover Arms / PDP Governors In Fresh Move To Zone Presidential Ticket To South / Fuel Subsidy: Nigeria Facing Existential Threat, World Bank Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.