Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Should A Lady Take Any Of Her Things To Her Husband' Place After Their Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Take Any Of Her Things To Her Husband' Place After Their Wedding? (1195 Views)

Brazilian Carnival Queen Embarrassed As Her Things Pings Open(photos,video)18+ / Should I Keep Buying Her Things Or Not? / 2 Young Lovers Dies While Sleeping In Their Friend's Place After Eating Suya(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Lady Take Any Of Her Things To Her Husband' Place After Their Wedding? by marvelck: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2019
According to a Nigerian lady, lts not right for a girl to carry all her personal properties (like gas cooker, refrigerator, freezer, bed, her car, pots, plates etc) to her husband's place after getting married. She said, a newly married lady shouldn't go with any of her things when moving to her husband' house after their wedding. That she's expected to go empty handed, cos it's the duty of the husband to provide all those things at home.

She also added that even if the husband doesn't have much property yet, the woman should be willing to make do with whatever he has until they acquire more things at home

Naija girls, do you agree with her?

Re: Should A Lady Take Any Of Her Things To Her Husband' Place After Their Wedding? by Vulcanheph(m): 9:45am On Nov 01, 2019
Yes......there is nothing wrong in a woman acquiring properties before moving to her husbands house.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Take Any Of Her Things To Her Husband' Place After Their Wedding? by Magnoliaa(f): 4:17am On Nov 07, 2019
No, I don't agree with her.

Marriage (the one based on love I'm assuming here) is a partnership.

I don't get it, why should her properties stop being hers after a wedding?? ??
Re: Should A Lady Take Any Of Her Things To Her Husband' Place After Their Wedding? by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:47am On Nov 07, 2019
I'm sorry but that particular Nigerian lady is deluded. Like seriously? Why spend unnecessary funds on some stuffs you already have and just need to move to your new home... I mean, where is the wisdom in that?

So because the man is the "provider" of a home, which is generally speaking, he will buy everything including stuffs you have already.

Okay then, don't carry your clothes too. Leave them. Go naked to your husband's house and let him buy clothes for you afresh.

Nonsense and Rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Take Any Of Her Things To Her Husband' Place After Their Wedding? by Bola146(f): 6:53am On Nov 07, 2019
Yes now
Re: Should A Lady Take Any Of Her Things To Her Husband' Place After Their Wedding? by dominique(f): 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
Why not, especially if the man was living like a typical bachelor without basic appliances in the kitchen. She can help furnish the kitchen or other parts of the house if she has such items in her possession.

(1) (Reply)

Man, 40, Jailed For 14 Years For Raping An Epileptic Teenager At Gunpoint In Edo / ‘Until You Get Married, Be Stingy With Money’ – Reno Omokri Advises Bachelors / Will You Marry Me,if I Get Pregnant For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.