Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? (501 Views)

Will Science Ever Drop Theory Of Evolution For Creation Myths? / Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! / Other Creation Myths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? by tamonokare: 12:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? by Niflheim(m): 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
I subscribe to none of them for the following reasons......................................................................

1.The word "creation" might seem to have had a coherent and intelligent meaning in 1972 primary school text books and among layman eating moimoi while looking at the choir mistresses's buttocks, but in this 21st Century, and among men who can be considered as the Chief consensus of scientific discoveries and the Ivy League Professors of this World, the word "creation" does not seem to have any coherent or intelligent meaning!!!

2.The phrase speaks for itself, creation [/b]MYTH[b]!!! If I am supposed to be accepting myths, then I might as well accept the fact that the City of Sevilla was founded by Hercules and the founders of Rome(Taiye and Kehinde), were suckled by a she-wolf(OR IS IT BINGO THE DOG) !!!
Re: Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? by tamonokare: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2019
Niflheim:
I subscribe to none of them for the following reasons......................................................................

1.The word "creation" might seem to have had a coherent and intelligent meaning in 1972 primary school text books and among layman eating moimoi while looking at the choir mistresses's buttocks, but in this 21st Century, and among men who can be considered as the Chief consensus of scientific discoveries and the Ivy League Professors of this World, the word "creation" does not seem to have any coherent or intelligent meaning!!!

2.The phrase speaks for itself, creation [/b]MYTH[b]!!! If I am supposed to be accepting myths, then I might as well accept the fact that the City of Sevilla was founded by Hercules and the founders of Rome(Taiye and Kehinde), were suckled by a she-wolf(OR IS IT BINGO THE DOG) !!!

Interesting

1 Like

Re: Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? by TVSA: 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
Orunmila creation myth grin grin
Re: Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? by CodeTemplar: 1:22am On Nov 02, 2019
I believe there was life on earth before man. I believe Adam was first man but not first creature or first being to occupy earth.
God told man to replenish the earth...but how do you replenish what was nonexistent? There had to be some creatures before man. maybe their own dispensation wasnt broken down into day and night because the first day was recorded after the earth was formless.
Re: Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? by LordReed(m): 8:31am On Nov 07, 2019
CodeTemplar:
I believe there was life on earth before man. I believe Adam was first man but not first creature or first being to occupy earth.
God told man to replenish the earth...but how do you replenish what was nonexistent? There had to be some creatures before man. maybe their own dispensation wasnt broken down into day and night because the first day was recorded after the earth was formless.

So your god has been failing for a long time.
Re: Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? by tamonokare: 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
LordReed:

cheesy grin
Re: Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? by CodeTemplar: 12:06am On Nov 10, 2019
LordReed:

No. probably you type (rebellious folks) have always been around. Maybe the sinners of that dispensation are the evil spirits of man's era. Maybe.
Re: Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? by MisterKings(m): 1:04am On Nov 10, 2019
Some said Earth was created in primordial soup. If you know, you know
Re: Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? by LordReed(m): 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
CodeTemplar:
No. probably you type (rebellious folks) have always been around. Maybe the sinners of that dispensation are the evil spirits of man's era. Maybe.

Maybe your god doesn't exist.

(1) (Reply)

Outrage As ‘bikini Fashion Show’ Is Held Inside Anglican Church [photos/video] / Long Before Invention Of Electronics, Jesus Healed People Via Wireless Messages / Pastor Adeboye's Sermon @the 2019 University Of Ibadan Holy Ghost Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.