Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Other Creation Myths - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Other Creation Myths (921 Views)

Will Science Ever Drop Theory Of Evolution For Creation Myths? / Which of these creation myths do you subscribe to and why ? / Generational Curses: The Myths And The Truth According To The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
If you think having a Sky daddy that made the whole world in 7days and rested was not funny enough , wait till you get to see Myths From around the World about the Creation of Man

Hopefully I don't get banned before finishing this topic again !!!(for reasons known to Seun and his fvckwats smiley )

First Front Sitters
LordReed hopefullandlord CAPSLOCKED palehair
Kelly256 sinkhole Dyt Bojack Xmuslim , OtemAtum (welcome Brother )
savagethe21st freethinker01 Omar09 tillaman doggedfighter

You may be surprised we have more than the Abrahamic Religion (Judaism, Christainity and Islam)
Here, in no particular order, are six other ideas of how we all made onto this vast expanse we call Earth (well, some of us call it that anyway).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
Native-American Creation Myth: Dream A Little Dream.

“The woman and the man dreamed that God was dreaming them.”(imagine that )

The rest involves God singing and shaking his maracas, smoking some tobacco, being happy, but trembling with doubt. The woman and the man, on the other hand, dream that a huge, shining egg appears in God’s dream (still following?), one in which they are singing and dancing and basically causing a ruckus (hey, they were ready to be born, already).

They sang in quote

'I break this egg and the woman is born and the man is born. And together they will live and die. But they will be born again. The will be born and will die again and once more will be born. And they shall never cease to be born, because death is a lie.'

I'm guess these fellows are the 'reincarnation gang '

1 Like

Re: Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hindu Creation Myth: It’s Like Buttah.

Rig Veda, the earliest Vedic text, says it all begin with a big, old’ monster. Or just a “gigantic being.” Purusha was his name, and he possessed a thousand heads, eyes and feet and enveloped the Earth.

The Gods decided it was time to etgay idray ofway Urushapay, so they sacrificed him. What was left? Clarified butter, but of course.

But this buttah did more than simply be finger licking good; it created the birds and animals. All those crazy body parts became the world’s elements, along with the Hindu Gods Agni, Vayu, and Indra.

Priests, warriors, the “regular” peeps, and servants, i.e. the caste system, also came from his body (so he was classist, I take it?)

Then they decided to go and change the story and make it about Brahma, the creator, Vishnu, the preserver, and Shiva, the destroyer. Vishnu sleeps; Brahma appears in a lotus sprouting from his navel. Once done sprouting, Brahma creates the universe, but only for one of his days…which is 4.32 billion of our years.

Then Shiva’s gotta come in and do her thing, destroying the universe, all so that the universe can begin again. (I think we’re only a bit into a new cycle, so we’re all good.) I'm definitely joining this Religion
Lol I'm good a freethinker thank you

2 Likes

Re: Other Creation Myths by CAPSLOCKED: 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2020
BELIEVERS FROM EACH OF THESE GROUPS BELIEVE THEIR BELIEF IS THE AUTHENTIC. FUNNY WORLD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Other Creation Myths by LordReed(m): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
My favorite creation mythos is by JRR Tolkien in the Silmarillion.

Ainulindalë ("The Music of the Ainur"[T 4]), takes the form of a primary creation narrative. Eru ("The One"[T 5]), also called Ilúvatar ("Father of All"wink, first created the Ainur, a group of eternal spirits or demiurges, called "the offspring of his thought". Ilúvatar brought the Ainur together and showed them a theme, from which he bade them make a great music. Melkor – whom Ilúvatar had given the "greatest power and knowledge" of all the Ainur – broke from the harmony of the music to develop his own song. Some Ainur joined him, while others continued to follow Ilúvatar, causing discord in the music. This happened three times, with Eru Ilúvatar successfully overpowering his rebellious subordinate with a new theme each time. Ilúvatar then stopped the music and showed them a vision of Arda and its peoples. The vision disappeared, and Ilúvatar offered the Ainur the opportunity to enter into Arda and govern the new world.

Many Ainur accepted, taking physical form and becoming bound to that world. The greater Ainur became the Valar, while the lesser Ainur became the Maiar. The Valar attempted to prepare the world for the coming inhabitants (Elves and Men), while Melkor, who wanted Arda for himself, repeatedly destroyed their work; this went on for thousands of years and, through waves of destruction and creation, the world took shape.

Valaquenta ("Account of the Valar"[T 4]) describes Melkor and each of the 14 Valar in detail, and a few of the Maiar. It reveals how Melkor seduced many Maiar – including those who would eventually become Sauron and the Balrogs – into his service.

4 Likes

Re: Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 2:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
Chinese Creation Myth: Yet Another Egg

(Updating soon )

Re: Other Creation Myths by jamesid29(m): 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2020
Well for starters, outside of the Abrahamic religions that have a developed conception of God that is utterly transcendent and distinct from the universe; an infinite individual who created the universe out of nothing, other creation myths have mostly anthropomorphic concepts of God and a creator within or part of the universe.

That's kind of a big difference.
Re: Other Creation Myths by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2020
TheSourcerer:
If you think having a Sky daddy that made the whole world in 7days and rested was not funny enough , wait till you get to see Myths From around the World about the Creation of Man

Hopefully I don't get banned (for reasons known to Seun)

First Front Sitters
LordReed hopefullandlord CAPSLOCKED palehair
Kelly256 sinkhole Dyt Bojack Xmuslim , OtemAtum (welcome Brother )
savagethe21st freethinker01 Omar09 tillaman doggedfighter

You may be surprised we have more than the Abrahamic Religion (Judaism, Christainity and Islam)
Here, in no particular order, are six other ideas of how we all made onto this vast expanse we call Earth (well, some of us call it that anyway).

No seat for me... cry cry
Re: Other Creation Myths by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
BELIEVERS FROM EACH OF THESE GROUPS BELIEVE THEIR BELIEF IS THE AUTHENTIC. FUNNY WORLD.

Very very hilarious.......

Worst of it is that Africans abandoned theirs for a foreign God who gives no Bleep about them.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Other Creation Myths by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
LordReed:

Ainulindalë ("The Music of the Ainur"[T 4]), takes the form of a primary creation narrative. Eru ("The One"[T 5]), also called Ilúvatar ("Father of All"wink, first created the Ainur, a group of eternal spirits or demiurges, called "the offspring of his thought". Ilúvatar brought the Ainur together and showed them a theme, from which he bade them make a great music. Melkor – whom Ilúvatar had given the "greatest power and knowledge" of all the Ainur – broke from the harmony of the music to develop his own song. Some Ainur joined him, while others continued to follow Ilúvatar, causing discord in the music. This happened three times, with Eru Ilúvatar successfully overpowering his rebellious subordinate with a new theme each time. Ilúvatar then stopped the music and showed them a vision of Arda and its peoples. The vision disappeared, and Ilúvatar offered the Ainur the opportunity to enter into Arda and govern the new world.

Many Ainur accepted, taking physical form and becoming bound to that world. The greater Ainur became the Valar, while the lesser Ainur became the Maiar. The Valar attempted to prepare the world for the coming inhabitants (Elves and Men), while Melkor, who wanted Arda for himself, repeatedly destroyed their work; this went on for thousands of years and, through waves of destruction and creation, the world took shape.

Valaquenta ("Account of the Valar"[T 4]) describes Melkor and each of the 14 Valar in detail, and a few of the Maiar. It reveals how Melkor seduced many Maiar – including those who would eventually become Sauron and the Balrogs – into his service.

Thanks wan is strong.........it seems too complicated
Re: Other Creation Myths by CAPSLOCKED: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
Xavfra:

Very very hilarious.......

Worst of it is that Africans abandoned theirs for a foreign God who gives no Bleep about them.....

WE'RE LIKE THE LOWEST OF LOWS.

THE CHINESE THINK THEIR GOD IS SUPREME.
THE JAPANESE THINK THEIR GOD IS SUPREME.
THE GREEKS THINK THEIR GOD IS SUPREME.
THE ARABS THINK THEIR GOD IS SUPREME.
THE EUROPEANS THINK THEIR GOD IS SUPREME.
AFRICANS THINK THAT THE EUROPEAN & ARAB GOD IS SUPREME.

SAYING AFRICANS ARE FOOLS IS AN INSULT TO FOOLS. WE'RE ANYTHING WORSE THAN FOOLS AND THE WHOLE WORLD WILL JEER AT US FOR ETERNITY FOR THIS VERY FACT.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Other Creation Myths by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WE'RE LIKE THE LOWEST OF LOWS.

THE CHINESE THINK THEIR GOD IS SUPREME.
THE JAPANESE THINK THEIR GOD IS SUPREME.
THE GREEKS THINK THEIR GOD IS SUPREME.
THE ARABS THINK THEIR GOD IS SUPREME.
THE EUROPEANS THINK THEIR GOD IS SUPREME.
AFRICANS THINK THAT THE EUROPEAN & ARAB GOD IS SUPREME.

SAYING AFRICANS ARE FOOLS IS AN INSULT TO FOOLS. WE'RE ANYTHING WORSE THAN FOOLS AND THE WHOLE WORLD WILL JEER AT US FOR ETERNITY FOR THIS VERY FACT.

Very true.....

And still,we will kill ourselves for the foreign God.

The lady really says alot

Africans are truly lost in their delusion that a foreign god is their saviour,........yesterday I asked where their foreign god was when those little children in Biafran war were suffering, I asked why God hasn't healed a man who's leg was amputated during war despite the man see the foreign god, one Christian said that because God works in mysterious ways.....

See this imges below and tell me if you as a father will see your children and even your enemies children in this condition and you won't help them

The last picture says alot

2 Likes

Re: Other Creation Myths by Funaki: 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2020
Where's Yoruba creation myth? Obatala, Orunmila and the chicken. angry angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Other Creation Myths by Palehair: 9:55am On Jul 10, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Native-American Creation Myth: Dream A Little Dream.

“The woman and the man dreamed that God was dreaming them.”(imagine that )

The rest involves God singing and shaking his maracas, smoking some tobacco, being happy, but trembling with doubt. The woman and the man, on the other hand, dream that a huge, shining egg appears in God’s dream (still following?), one in which they are singing and dancing and basically causing a ruckus (hey, they were ready to be born, already).

They sang in quote

'I break this egg and the woman is born and the man is born. And together they will live and die. But they will be born again. The will be born and will die again and once more will be born. And they shall never cease to be born, because death is a lie.'

I'm guess these fellows are the 'reincarnation gang '
What the.... What did I just read? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Other Creation Myths by Palehair: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2020
LordReed:

The books are such a great read. Melkor literally seduced morgoth, Sauron was like morgoth's second in command.
Brings back memories
Re: Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
Xavfra:

No seat for me... cry cry
oh I quoted Xavier , I really mistake your moniker for that .....

1 Like

Re: Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
Funaki:
Where's Yoruba creation myth? Obatala, Orunmila and the chicken. angry angry
yeah we are coming to that I was banned ....back now though Seun FU with a blunt stick
Re: Other Creation Myths by FatherOfJesus: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hey, I’m here. I created heaven and earth.
Call my number if you care to know how.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
Hey, I’m here. I created heaven and earth.
Call me number if you care to know how.
I know you did Lord , just curious , why did you screw many so violently? And was your cum holy?

Oh yeah and were all the sperm cells Jesus , or some were holy spirit , God , and Jesus won the sperm race? I love you God you have a lot of questions to answer ,

Oh and there was a thrust in Mary right , ? So you have a physical cock , hmm okay , so why force poor Joseph to take responsibility after raping his virgin wife , Dammit Mary was 14 you psychopathic peadophile
Re: Other Creation Myths by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheSourcerer:
oh I quoted Xavier , I really mistake your moniker for that .....

No problem.....

Good evening
Re: Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Xavfra:

No problem.....

Good evening
evening, raining over your place?

1 Like

Re: Other Creation Myths by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheSourcerer:
evening, raining over your place?

It just stopped....

It's likely we live in the same state shocked shocked
Re: Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
Xavfra:

It just stopped....

It's likely we live in the same state shocked shocked
lol pretty likey or at least close by, it just stopped here too haha ,

1 Like

Re: Other Creation Myths by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheSourcerer:
lol pretty likey or at least close by, it just stopped here too haha ,

I stay in
Re: Other Creation Myths by FatherOfJesus: 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
The
TheSourcerer:
I know you did Lord , just curious , why did you screw many so violently? And was your cum holy?

Oh yeah and were all the sperm cells Jesus , or some were holy spirit , God , and Jesus won the sperm race? I love you God you have a lot of questions to answer ,

Oh and there was a thrust in Mary right , ? So you have a physical cock , hmm okay , so why force poor Joseph to take responsibility after raping his virgin wife , Dammit Mary was 14 you psychopathic peadophile
Oh ye sorcerer, why ask me such question?
I created everything and I have the right to fucck whoever I want. Oh yea and if Joseph didnt take responsibility, I would have killed him and sent him to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Other Creation Myths by LordReed(m): 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
Palehair:

The books are such a great read. Melkor literally seduced morgoth, Sauron was like morgoth's second in command.
Brings back memories

Absolutely. I remember rainy days with me sitting somewhere cozy and reading the Silmarillion. Those were good days. wink wink
Re: Other Creation Myths by LordReed(m): 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
The Oh ye sorcerer, why ask me such question?
I created everything and I have the right to fucck whoever I want. Oh yea and if Joseph didnt take responsibility, I would have killed him and sent him to hell.

So tell the truth, Mary wasn't the first or only right? LMFAO!
Re: Other Creation Myths by FatherOfJesus: 6:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
LordReed:

So tell the truth, Mary wasn't the first or only right? LMFAO!
Dude, This is a public space. You don’t expect me to talk about my sexual life here.

1 Like

Re: Other Creation Myths by LordReed(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
Dude, This is a public space. You don’t expect me to talk about my sexual life here.

Bwahahahaha! Gentlegods don't kiss and tell. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: Other Creation Myths by FatherOfJesus: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
LordReed:

Bwahahahaha! Gentlegods don't kiss and tell. LMFAO!
you should learn how to address me by starting my name with a Capital letter. I’m a jealous God and I don’t wanna share my glory with anybody.

1 Like

Re: Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
Xavfra:

I stay in Wike's village
pH ?

1 Like

Re: Other Creation Myths by TheSourcerer: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
The Oh ye sorcerer, why ask me such question?
hmm that makes sense you're a maniac afterall
How about your son Jesus cuming into everyone's heart?

Something you taught him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leave Daddy Kumuyi And Deeper Life Alone / Pastor Kumuyi And The Limousine Ride, Why Religion Needs Civilization / Is Jesus Going To Be A Man Forever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.