Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:05 AM

Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill (16538 Views)

Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria / Operation Positive Identification: Falana Gets Order Against Army / Falana Sues Army, Asks Court To Stop Positive Identification Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 01, 2019
Kk
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by jojothaiv(m): 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
mamaafrik:
Who else think this was designed to make people go collect theit National identity card ,more money.
Sabi man.

Oya, manage this one

Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
MANNABBQGRILLSS come and see that obviously you are the "fool and the idiot"

1 Like

Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by lenghtinny(m): 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
I thought Mr barbecue seller said it was a rumour peddled by idiots

1 Like

Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by debetmx(m): 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
God! Why was I born to Nigerian parents?

Country where you there are no papers to print International passport.

Country where you cannot get your National ID after many years of registering.

Country where the cost of getting a drivers license is more than the minimum wage.

Country where the budget for the National Assembly is greater than the budget for education.

Country where our "dullard" is the greatest scam ever.

Nigeria is cursed.

4 Likes

Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by quizpaid(f): 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
If their we be no problem after showing ID because your boys we start saying the color of ur ID look suspicious.
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by fatymore(f): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
I thought it was refuted...

2 Likes

Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by eneyoduke(m): 1:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
The only way to go for the coming election, APC and INEC style of election. Osun Ekiti pattern loading
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by yudee233: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
One critical question is "How will the Army authenticate the ID Card " This is same Nigeria we have various fake identity cards produced by the roadside
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Nukilia: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
fatymore:
I thought it was refuted...

This country needs help
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
Okay, am confused right now...

It is no longer fake news?

Nigeria!

grin grin grin grin grin This country should be thrown away.

1 Like

Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Difrent: 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
bigpicture001:

Illegal tax collection....

The army enforce the identification...the NIMS ger the huge demand nd charges 5k each.nd d ppl pays...new revenue outlet for fowler and tinubu....

NIMC isn't charging 5k for national ID stop being mischievous.
You only get charged 5k if and only If YOU want to replace the PLASTIC id which will be issued to you free when you register., that means it's optional to replace the PLASTIC ID CARD.
Your national identity number NIN is what is most important and is issued once only and it's yours forever .the NIN is printed on the slip given to you at registration, the slip can be reprinted if lost.

1 Like

Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Coolgent(m): 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
General that cant handle Bokoharam is tha one a General undecided
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Jaqenhghar: 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
igbodefendercom:
The drill if it holds should be used to market the pro-civilian qualities of the Nigerian Army. Let people also say, "The Army is Your Friend"
Thats the problem. The niggeira military is not your friend. They dont have a "pro-civilian" quality.
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Jaqenhghar: 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
Okay, am confused right now...

It is no longer fake news?

Nigeria!
I wonder. First they said it was a fake publication. Now you know why the war on terrorism wont stop.

2 Likes

Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Jaqenhghar: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
pryme:
If this will help them flush out this plague called Boko Haram, so be it.
This is a new approach, we can't be doing the same thing and expect a different outcome.
When has anything worked in that dump?
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by adekolaelect(m): 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
Swargu:
So they cannot differentiate between Nigerians and Bokoharam.
OK if you can do so by magic they can employ you for Nigeria Hammy.
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by spal102: 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2019
eastaners keep your ipob membership card at home o don't go about whit it.or you are a terrorist if army catch you,
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by themanderon: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
When there is no war with any external aggressors the Nigerian army created one against the citizens.
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by femliany(m): 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
This is the responsibility of ministry of interior not the soldiers
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Hedonisco: 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
Everyone knows what these murderous 'zomana' Fulani/abokki animals look like, without the need for identification. These are the biggest security threats in Nigeria. Deal with them and don't disturb the good people of Southern Nigeria/Middle Belt going about their business.
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by mamaafrik(m): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2019
Difrent:

NIMC isn't charging 5k for national ID stop being mischievous.
You only get charged 5k if and only If YOU want to replace the PLASTIC id which will be issued to you free when you register., that means it's optional to replace the PLASTIC ID CARD.
Your national identity number NIN is what is most important and is issued once only and it's yours forever .the NIN is printed on the slip given to you at registration, the slip can be reprinted if lost.
hmmm,you sound like you have an info that can enlighten us,when you say the NIN number can be reprinted,how do you mean,i lost my slip few years ago after i had registered in Oyo state,i tried re-registered in lagos,they said i can't,if i wana collect the i.d card(which i believe should be ready since 2014) in lagos,what will be the needed process
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by luluman: 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
kelvxyn:
Rubbish general n president.
If you can say that before a soldier I'll believe you more.
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Difrent: 4:47am On Nov 02, 2019
mamaafrik:
hmmm,you sound like you have an info that can enlighten us,when you say the NIN number can be reprinted,how do you mean,i lost my slip few years ago after i had registered in Oyo state,i tried re-registered in lagos,they said i can't,if i wana collect the i.d card(which i believe should be ready since 2014) in lagos,what will be the needed process

Whatever info you need is the NIMC website
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by Bigboss111(m): 7:11am On Nov 02, 2019
I am not worried about military operations to flush out criminals but what is disturbing me is the resulting consequences as a result of such operations. We have been having many military operations since the inception of this administration carrying many names, but do our security challenges improved?

Secondly, military personnels should be kept away from civilians as far as possible unless during serious security situations. Policeman are more trained to tackle security challenges in our neighborhoods and within the internal territories. But what we are having today seems military has overtaken the duties of our policeman. Unlike before when you hardly see military personnels in our streets.

Can someone enlighten me please. Maybe I am not figuring the real situation on ground. Feel like going to another country for long vocation. But OMG! Dollars no feel my pockets.

Long live 9ja.
Re: Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill by orisa37: 10:23am On Nov 02, 2019
nwakibie3:
The Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Tukur Buratai, said on Thursday the Operation Positive Identification (OPI) would not hinder the day-to-day activities of Nigerians.

He stated this while fielding questions from the House of Representatives Committee on Army in Abuja. Buratai, who was represented at the forum by the Chief of Civil-Military Affairs, Maj.-Gen. Usman Muhammed said the army had submitted a detailed report on the OPI to the Committee. He said the military is involved in ‘Operation Lafia Dole’ in the North East and that are other subsidiary operations within the major operation. The army chief said the OPI is one of the subsidiary operations taking place in the North-East zone.

According to him, based on credible intelligence on Boko Haram terrorists, they are no longer in their enclaves. He said the OPI which started on September 22 in the North East was based on intelligence. Buratai said the military has a tradition of initiating operations towards the end of the year to reduce crime during the Yuletide. He said: “We have exercise Ayama Kpatuma in the North Central, Atilogwu Udor in the South East and Crocodile Smile in the South-South and these are aimed at addressing the security challenges in those zones. “It is a training exercise and at the same time, it is a true operation whereby we use the opportunity to carry out activities to checkmate criminality and crime within those areas. “This time around, we feel that we can extend the OPI to some of these areas where we are going to conduct some of these exercises.” (NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/why-military-is-conducting-operation-positive-identification-buratai/

It's a Fraud. It's Fake. It's Subterfuge.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IED Explodes, Kills 8 Repentant Boko Haram Members At Scavengers Site In Bama / PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / Magu Immediately Ceases To Act As EFCC Chairman – Ozekhome.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.