Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank (19626 Views)

Driver Attempting To Escape Tax Force Kills Four Female Hawkers In Onitsha / Anambra State Task Force Arrests Fake Revenue Collectors In Onitsha (photos) / Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by Angelfrost(m): 11:26am On Nov 02, 2019
Originalsly:

Are you suggesting because of unemployment people should be allowed to hawk on the street if they want to? That's the quickest way to reduce the whole city to one big squalid, smelly, crime ridden market place. Ask yourself... how often these hawkers may need to use the bathroom ...and where do they go. These operating near the bank... are they all really selling?...or tracking customers leaving the bank and robbing them shortly after? Then how do they dispose of the garbage they generate?... their little stands and stools or whatever... do they take them home each day? Do they pay taxes?...if not... is it fair for the taxpayers to pay to clean up their mess?
The City needs to do like other well organized and orderly cities..... enforce their rules and regulations. What I don't agree with... is them being chased and flogged. They need to be arrested.... their goods confiscated... and fined/jailed.

I didn't disagree with the action of the tax force sir... I was merely pointing at unemployment on its own.

I fully and truly resent public trading, especially in areas of corporate business and traffic access... This is a very good move on the part of the government.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by AlphaStyles(m): 11:27am On Nov 02, 2019
fela4live:

So harassment is the punishment for street trading? I am sure you are one of his thugs.
Ur father is a thug wawuu
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by fela4live: 11:33am On Nov 02, 2019
batstan:

Not all ramifications, if there was a standing order.

It takes force, most times, for Nigerians to follow through.
A beg go and sleep, uncivilized person. By law what right do you have to lay your hands on another person? And is beating up a street trader the punishment for street trading? Is that what is written in the law that prohibits street trading? Keep supporting that criminal and agbero of a governor. If you have a relative among those people will you type this rubbish? Nonsense!
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by DelphiOracle(m): 11:36am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
If those street traders where given notice to vacate the area and they refused then they shouldn't complain of been harassed
where do the govt want them to go to? The shops are too expensive for petty traders. It's not easy for them my dear
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by fela4live: 11:39am On Nov 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:

Yes we are in our right senses and Wike is the best thing to happen to this country and Rivers in particular...Port Harcourt must return to its garden city status.

The irrelevant and inconsequential wail from miscreants such as yourself ain't gonna change shi.t.

If the western countries don't enforce their laws their society will be as disorganized and shitty just as you see in cities across this country.
So western countries enforce their laws by beating up their citizens? Have ever boarded a plane talkless of setting foot abroad? You and Wike are the real miscreant. "Wike the best thing to have happened to Nigeria and Rivers State"?........May be your own separate Nigeria and Rivers State.....I spit!
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by fela4live: 11:42am On Nov 02, 2019
DelphiOracle:
where do the govt want them to go to? The shops are too expensive for petty traders. It's not easy for them my dear
And another thing is.....is beating the punishment for street trading? What is the punishment for street trading according to the law? Those supporting that agbero of a governor will not answer.
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by fela4live: 11:44am On Nov 02, 2019
AlphaStyles:
Ur father is a thug wawuu
You see why I called you a thug? And you just confirmed it.
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by zigibada: 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2019
[s][quote author=helinues post=83676642][/quote][/s]
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by raphaeladeyele: 12:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
No Pity Dem
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by AmazingELixir: 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2019
fela4live:

So western countries enforce their laws by beating up their citizens? Have ever boarded a plane talkless of setting foot abroad? You and Wike are the real miscreant. "Wike the best thing to have happened to Nigeria and Rivers State"?........May be your own separate Nigeria and Rivers State.....I spit!

Go out into the street to hawk your wares and thesame fate will befall you, the taskforce has brought sanity to roads and streets of port Harcourt that's all that matter how they go about it is inconsequential as long as adequate publicity has been issued.

He who fetches ant infested firewood should be ready to play host to the lizards
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by AlphaStyles(m): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
DelphiOracle:
It's not I know but in order to avoid government wahala and embarrassment just jejely move
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by slowice(m): 12:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
Wetin them want make people do for this country self? Everybody can't work in a bank or own a shop with over 90million poor nigerians
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by Kennyswagz2: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:

Fashola is the best thing to have happened to Lagos state after Lateef Jakande, his administration brought a measure of sanity to Lagos state despite the outcry.

What Lagos state need today is someone much more potent and with bigger balls than Fashola to restore parity to that beleaguered state. Lagos state as currently configured is a very good example of how a city state should never operate, miscreants, thugs, hawkers, mad drivers, street urchins and beggars of of all creed inundated every square inch of the state.

Lagos state need to start cleansing itself of those filth even if it means forceful eviction and relocation of those who shouldn't have anything to do staying there. To hell with freedom of movement even in places like Dubai that it a world renowned tourist destination there areas people ain't allowed walk on foot let alone hawking.
stop arguing with Nigerians...Nigerians like running to organized and clean places, but they can't make their own country to be organize and clean as the same place they are running to
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by fela4live: 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:

Go out into the street to hawk your wares and thesame fate will befall you, the taskforce has brought sanity to roads and streets of port Harcourt that's all that matter how they go about it is inconsequential as long as adequate publicity has been issued.

He who fetches ant infested firewood should be ready to play host to the lizards
No need responding to you again. it is very obvious that you are not different from Wike's thugs, may be you are even one of them. You might even be the one beating up somebody in the video.
Meanwhile tell your Wike to clear Rivers State of cultists that he created before dealing with street traders. Very local and uncivilized set of people. I spit on all of you!
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by fela4live: 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
Kennyswagz2:
stop arguing with Nigerians...Nigerians like running to organized and clean places, but they can't make their own country to be organize and clean as the same place they are running to
We don hear.
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by subcbouy: 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
Buhari don enter Rivers! ? Pray !
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by AmazingELixir: 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2019
fela4live:

[s]No need responding to you again. it is very obvious that you are not different from Wike's thugs, may be you are even one of them. You might even be the one beating up somebody in the video.
Meanwhile tell your Wike to clear Rivers State of cultists that he created before dealing with street traders. Very local and uncivilized set of people. I spit on all of you!
[/s]

Your moniker says it all iranu
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by fela4live: 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:
[/s]

Your moniker says it all iranu
Pele....truth is bitter.
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by ZIAZI(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2019
If you don't reside in Rivers, then don't just jump into conclusion. These Street hawkers and market people were given a lot of time to vacate d Road. For crying out loud, must we be dealt with like goats before we follow instructions? You chase dem in d morning, and baam! they appear at noon. Their act is in contravention of an existing law which makes it a crime to do business on the roadside.

RIVERS GO BETTER!
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by ZIAZI(m): 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
fela4live:

No need responding to you again. it is very obvious that you are not different from Wike's thugs, may be you are even one of them. You might even be the one beating up somebody in the video.

Why have u allowed urself to be so endowed with "FOOLISHNESS"?
You know nothing about Rivers, so stop masquerading your ignorance as wisdom.
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by fela4live: 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
ZIAZI:

Why have u allowed urself to be so endowed with "FOOLISHNESS"?
You know nothing about Rivers, so stop masquerading your ignorance as wisdom.
You must be very stupid for using the word fool on me. Those bias moderators will not see this and give you a ban, you idiot.
Mind you this is my 23 years in Rivers State so shut the Bleep up you little kid. All of you supporting this thug of a governor will have your reward in full. If you can't comprehend simple English then sorry is your case. Any insult you pass to me again goes to your father.
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ikwere boys and task force work be like 5/6
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by fortran12: 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:

Wrong in what aspect Mr man when there have been repeated notices, jingles on radio and television stations asking them to vacate the roads or face the consequences.

There are smarter ways of doing such things
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by AmazingELixir: 7:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
fortran12:

There are smarter ways of doing such things

Please privy me on those ways considering our peculiar traits.
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:16pm On Nov 02, 2019
ZIAZI:
If you don't reside in Rivers, then don't just jump into conclusion. These Street hawkers and market people were given a lot of time to vacate d Road. For crying out loud, must we be dealt with like goats before we follow instructions? You chase dem in d morning, and baam! they appear at noon. Their act is in contravention of an existing law which makes it a crime to do business on the roadside.

RIVERS GO BETTER!

Let the Governor create jobs, invest in SMEs, invest massively in modern agriculture before talking of chasing traders.
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by batstan(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2019
fela4live:

A beg go and sleep, uncivilized person. By law what right do you have to lay your hands on another person? And is beating up a street trader the punishment for street trading? Is that what is written in the law that prohibits street trading? Keep supporting that criminal and agbero of a governor. If you have a relative among those people will you type this rubbish? Nonsense!
Thanks for the compliments.
Who is more civilized, the one who sees a pedestrian bridge and runs across the highway or needs to be forced to use same bridge provided for them.
The hawker that runs after vehicles and get crushed and the one that sits in a particular place to sell...... I wonder?
Re: Rivers State Task Force Chased Street Hawkers Into Bank by fela4live: 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2019
batstan:

Thanks for the compliments.
Who is more civilized, the one who sees a pedestrian bridge and runs across the highway or needs to be forced to use same bridge provided for them.
The hawker that runs after vehicles and get crushed and the one that sits in a particular place to sell...... I wonder?
Bros try to comprehend simple English. Is there anyway my comments suggested that I support street trading? I said there are laws that prohibits street trading and there are stipulated punishment for it, either fine or imprisonment. So why beat up somebody? Is that part of the punishment for street trading?
What right have you to beat up somebody? That is assult! Unfortunately some of you are in support of it, the reason why I called all of you uncivilized set of people.
I rest my case.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Run Shifts To Rob Victims: Traffic Robbery Gang (photo) / Judge Reveals How NDLEA Allegedly Concealed Assets Seized From Jailed Drug Baron / Customs Seizes 1017 Bags Of Cannabis Worth N16 Million In Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.