Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? (35131 Views)

What Can Substitute Rice This Festive Period? / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price / Here Are The Foods To Never Eat On An Empty Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by BlackCrainte: 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
Fresh shoots of Bamboo sticks

Green peas

and grilled long pork

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by heckymaicon(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
Yam porridge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by handsomeyinka(m): 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2019
CUCUMBER
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by WizBLANCE(m): 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rice ooooo

Nothing can do

Ordinary Sundays, in Nigeria setting Sabi say rice na Baba.

Just come off it my dear.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2019
Replace rice

Rice na rice ooo .. Well if you must sub rice then i will go for my local delicacy
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Ginaz(f): 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2019
Pounded yam and vegetable soup with goat meat. Chaiiiii I’m salivating already. Add periwinkles to it to make it loaded. grin
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by djbussy(m): 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2019
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Chubhie: 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2019
Dangote go don increase the price of his spaghetti to reflect market demands.

The double tragedy is that a new government will come and open the borders. No be naija?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by ednut1(m): 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2019
sureinfo:
Please why is rice still this expensive in this country? I thought we have started producing rice here in Nigeria
local rice is expensive to produce and mill. Just like innoson cars costs too
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Onlydaughter(f): 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2019
Oya ooo!!!

1 Share

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Topmaike007(m): 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2019
Beans and bread all the way, If you're in support pls gather here

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Gwagone: 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2019
angelEmade:
beans all the way!
Yam and beans or bread and beans is okay by me o

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by NekkyCee(f): 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
Spaghetti...but you can get a bag of rice for as low as 16k. Just DM for more info.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by KushLyon(m): 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
my guy na corn win am o....corn and pear
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by mamaafrik(m): 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2019
Na swallow ooooooo,or better still NOODLE for every Baga
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by merits(m): 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
Gari + kulikuli +sugar+ cold water. shocked
It make sense,especially if you serve your landlord that you owe 6 months rent. tongue

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
Sunnycliff:
There's none o...Rice here in owerri is 25k and Xmas never reach....smh
Are u serious shocked
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by trippleKAY(m): 4:55pm On Nov 02, 2019
anyone who gives u a plate of rice on Christmas day, knee down and thank that person very well.

The person try
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Akinbahm(m): 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
Jasen1:

I agree sir
Its the best option

I prefer swallow to rice right from time self
Nah so, I dey follow one woman yarn on top say she wan do small party she dey think of what to prepare due to cost of rice I jejely hint her say mama go prepare variety of swallow nd get better olopo ( catering services) to prepare good efo, ewedu, gbegiri with correct omi obe nd dish out to people for consumption... Say No to wastage of Swallow's in parties.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Stillthebest: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
kiss

Well unfortunately, it is still Rice.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by frank417: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
I think yam will do. You can boil the yam with green vegetables or curry to give it that lime/yellowish green colour then prepare with nicely garnished hot sauce with chicken. You can throw in kpomo, liver or smoked fish too wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by mamaafrik(m): 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2019
Local Rice is still around 19.5k, contact (popoolababajide@gmail.com),for only lagos and Southwest delivery.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by MartinsD12(m): 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
Temitope1759:
In recent times the price of rice has increased due to the closure of the Nation's land borders preventing foreign rice from coming through such channels. Rice which used to be around 12,000 naira per 50kg bag is now over 25,000 naira.

It's less than two months to the Christmas and New Year celebration and it's evident that most Nigerian home are stocking up on food items including Rice.

Rice has always been a staple food for Nigerians and also a festive food. It can be used to make different kind of meal e.g Popular Nigerian Jollof and fried rice which are the preferred meal to be served to guests at parties, special occasions and on festive days.

I was at ShopRite Ota yesterday and I noticed the way people are rushing to buy rice and other foods items due to their ongoing discount promo on groceries.

With these ridiculous hike in the amount of rice, Which meal do you think can replace Rice's and state your reasons?

I'm waiting for your responses...

Nothing can replace rice, rice is rice it's the ultimate same way nothing can replace yam, beans etc
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by seanjy4konji: 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
Spaghetti, yam and egg... Moimoi...

We can't kill ourself oooo

Na understanding matter between you and your madam...

Later we go pepperSoup use eko or bread to carry it enter stomach..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Angelfrost(m): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
Abiodunspectre:
With the rate the price of rice is going up, me and my family are opting for a complete vegetable soup with any swallow of our choice.

Cassava flakes, amala, six to six, starch, poundo or pounded yam, poundo potato, etc....

you are welcome. grin
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by olioxx(m): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ewa goin and bread.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by somalianprince: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nothing bro cheesy
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by ayandee: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
iammo:

Amala , ewedu and gbegiri with ogunfe

Serve your guest this combination and Jesus would be happy with you for celebrating his posthumos birthday in style

reminds me of childhood days. This combination was our Christmas meal. E day sweet die
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Enyimbamercedes: 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2019
Sand!

We must have sense by force

Next Level
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by olioxx(m): 5:02pm On Nov 02, 2019
Topmaike007:
Topmaike007:
Topmaike007:
Especially ewa goin and freshly bake agege bread.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Sergioaguero: 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2019
Semo and ofe nsala with chicken or fresh catfish

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) / Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers / How To Make Plantain And Egg Frittata Without Oven (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.