Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? (35132 Views)

What Can Substitute Rice This Festive Period? / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price / Here Are The Foods To Never Eat On An Empty Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by surgical: 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2019
sureinfo:
Please why is rice still this expensive in this country? I thought we have started producing rice here in Nigeria
it could be Na audio rice
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Modernist: 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2019
MayenKudi:
Bread could be a replacement, after all it's the most popular food on earth grin
But man shall not live by bread alone, so how we go do?
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Angelfrost(m): 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2019
I don't even understand why this rice thing is a big issue... Even as kids, rice was largely eaten on a weekly basis.

Adjusting to our indigenous and even "healthier" hand-to-mouth carb alternative shouldn't be a big deal. Ewa Agoin with fresh Agege bread isn't bad for a cold Christmas morning.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by investigator007: 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2019
DameB:
Spaghetti or beans or swallow
mad o, this babe you sabi wink
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by GuestLog: 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2019
Sunnycliff:
There's none o...Rice here in owerri is 25k and Xmas never reach....smh
Do you know the food called couscous?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Goldencheese(m): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2019
If lala catches u ehn
I no talk o
Naijaguy12345:
Snake soup !
[img]https://i./F3Hy.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2019
Spaghetti cheesy
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2019
plantain and goat meat pepper soup

1 Like

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by midnighter(f): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2019
So rice will become a status symbol once again!

Rice is for the haves and beans, swallow and yam are for the have-nots
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by welturebotanical: 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2019
God knows rice it not even in my mind to cook to coming festive period..
I will make spaghetti and meatballs, tacos, roasted steaks,..
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by okrote4real: 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
Temitope1759:
In recent times the price of rice has increased due to the closure of the Nation's land borders preventing foreign rice from coming through such channels. Rice which used to be around 12,000 naira per 50kg bag is now over 25,000 naira.

It's less than two months to the Christmas and New Year celebration and it's evident that most Nigerian home are stocking up on food items including Rice.

Rice has always been a staple food for Nigerians and also a festive food. It can be used to make different kind of meal e.g Popular Nigerian Jollof and fried rice which are the preferred meal to be served to guests at parties, special occasions and on festive days.

I was at ShopRite Ota yesterday and I noticed the way people are rushing to buy rice and other foods items due to their ongoing discount promo on groceries.

With these ridiculous hike in the amount of rice, Which meal do you think can replace Rice's and state your reasons?

I'm waiting for your responses...

Pounded Yam and correct Vegetable or Egusi soup. I prefer that on festive season.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by jojothaiv(m): 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
GuestLog:
Do you know the food called couscous?
Mutumina...

Ga hanu na...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Sholaco: 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
Beans
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Jasen1(m): 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Akinbahm:

Nah so, I dey follow one woman yarn on top say she wan do small party she dey think of what to prepare due to cost of rice I jejely hint her say mama go prepare variety of swallow nd get better olopo ( catering services) to prepare good efo, ewedu, gbegiri with correct omi obe nd dish out to people for consumption... Say No to wastage of Swallow's in parties.

Na him sure pass oh
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by angelEmade: 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Gwagone:
Yam and beans or bread and beans is okay by me o
i sight you bro...
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by aalangel(f): 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ever heard of Gus Gus or Quinoa (Pronounced as Kee-wa), highly proteinous, rich in fibre.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

Swallow is a better option but Nigerians wants to be like the white man.
But jollof rice, fried rice and normal rice n stew are not foreign food.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by hoyze24: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
Beans and fried plantain.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by midnighter(f): 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

The white man eats roast turkey and potato at Christmas time
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Quorax: 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2019
Realboygenius:

This man and swallow food
God will save us.
me and him na same o. Rice na rubbish
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

rice is not really an oyibo based meal.if u want to eat like white ppl just be eating donuts,hamburgers and chicken everyday

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by aliscomonaj: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2019
Never, it's always rice bro.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Ejadike(m): 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2019
It's really buzzing today at ICM Ikeja, as people hear discount, omo see rushing
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Ejadike(m): 5:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
This festive season, I'll rather consider Spaghetti o as rice don cost. I had to buy a lot from Shoprite today and it was really affordable, thanks to there discount.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Realhommie(m): 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ukodo tinz oooo, with either chicken or goat meat.. grin
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by lomprico(m): 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

how? is rice for the white man only?
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2019
This question is not for Ekiti people because the best food in everyday life including festive season is Pounded yam with Ìsápá or Egusi soup and palm wine (for those that drink.)

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by uchennaq(m): 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
A beg how and where you get info say white dey eat rice during Xmas?
Abiodunspectre:

Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by GuestLog: 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2019
jojothaiv:

Mutumina...

Ga hanu na...
lol kwarai da gaskaye! Na gashe ka oga na.
Re: What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? by bravesoul247(m): 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2019
Temitope1759:
In recent times the price of rice has increased due to the closure of the Nation's land borders preventing foreign rice from coming through such channels. Rice which used to be around 12,000 naira per 50kg bag is now over 25,000 naira.

It's less than two months to the Christmas and New Year celebration and it's evident that most Nigerian home are stocking up on food items including Rice.

Rice has always been a staple food for Nigerians and also a festive food. It can be used to make different kind of meal e.g Popular Nigerian Jollof and fried rice which are the preferred meal to be served to guests at parties, special occasions and on festive days.

I was at ShopRite Ota yesterday and I noticed the way people are rushing to buy rice and other foods items due to their ongoing discount promo on groceries.

With these ridiculous hike in the amount of rice, Which meal do you think can replace Rice's and state your reasons?

I'm waiting for your responses...

truthfully, I'll consider using pounded yam this festive period o, I can't kill myself cos if rice. I'm so heading to Shoprite to buy the powered own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) / Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers / How To Make Plantain And Egg Frittata Without Oven (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.