Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband (35254 Views)

Lawyer Orchestrates Client's Arrest For Taking Her Picture With 'abusive' Husban / I Can't Seem To Leave My Abusive Husband. Help Me / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by kimme: 5:43am On Nov 03, 2019
she dey enjoy the man konji, thats why she went back
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by wolverine1987: 5:59am On Nov 03, 2019
Plead:

Women who don’t have a tangible source of income shouldn’t be getting married! They won’t hear ... let them continue rushing into marriage without money/job

97% of women who stay in abusive (physical or emotional ) marriages are staying because they lack funds to get their lives all together again if they leave . They depend on their husbands for survival and as such can’t leave irrespective of the treatment being meted to them . Such a shame
My bro it can happen to any lady o whether they work or not... infact some men feel intimidated by their wife's jobs or work and find any small reason to oppress her by making her feel inadequate and if they leave the marriage they fear what society will think.. it's really a sympathetic situation I hope she finds her foot

5 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nnemuka(f): 6:00am On Nov 03, 2019
Till death do.they part...
when she dies, the union ends. for now you are the asunder in the marriage.
pls you have tried, you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by capitalzero: 6:01am On Nov 03, 2019
crackhaus:

Getting her to the hospital and getting in touch with the friend she asked for, is all the best the OP needed to do.

Any other thing that was done after the victim herself told her to withdraw the police case is oversabi, because she does not know the full story of what is going on between husband and wife.
hmm
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by bukatyne(f): 6:36am On Nov 03, 2019
ornicus:

It is not about money. There was a lady who was carrying her unemployed husband. Bank worker woman. The husband was doing all of this and more. The guy eventually killed her. I am trying to remember her name.

Our society has conditioned most women to stay in abusive marriages

There is no support system as police will usually push the woman back to the man

Our religious institutions are also not helping

In all, you will have to be a person with a very very strong will.

It is about far more than money. I am sure you will find that that man's financial contributions are insignificant

The woman was titilayo arowolo. In the end her husband stabbed her to death,

Thank you.

The money is a minute factor.
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by mignone(f): 6:36am On Nov 03, 2019
bukatyne:

I wish you were right.

ANY woman who wants to leave an abusive marriage will do so with or without a job.

Quote me anywhere.

Yes o! It's about enlightenment.
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by mignone(f): 6:39am On Nov 03, 2019
blesskewe:
Last last na death go end am
Maybe twld be better if she dies straightaway &not left to live with a terrible condition.
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by bukatyne(f): 6:40am On Nov 03, 2019
shadeyinka:

No!
It's not that easy especially in a country with no social security like Nigeria. If you are jobless and with no home support, the tendency is to justify the abuse. No body will prefer a slow death due to hunger and homelessness to intermittent boxing brawls.

The wife knows she had committed a blunder of choice but she's trying to save face by pretending that all is well...she can handle the "minor glitch"

Trust me, most DV cases I know, the wives had their own money undecided.

I have seen wives who made up their minds to leave, saved up, learnt a trade, sold the luxurious items they had, kept their heads low and disappeared one day without a trace.

Don't you wonder that if the men send them away, they make something good out of their lives no matter how rough it is initially?

Cc: Viking07

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by mignone(f): 6:44am On Nov 03, 2019
femtex007:
Lets say. Love conquers all. Most of those divorcees are regretting their actions
Really? Wow!
Sarcasm or ...?
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 03, 2019
Op,what God has joined together, let no man put asunder, abi you have forgotten. Or has the vow change from 'for better for worse?'.

Stupid women.
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Amarisa(f): 6:46am On Nov 03, 2019
Op You've tried...Weldone..her kids though..mmm
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by capitalzero: 6:49am On Nov 03, 2019
computergeek:
Update On The Wife Battery Case: She Went Back To The Abusive Man

What's up people? This is an update thread on the wife battery case. This one might also be a bit lengthy, so bear with me. Lots of people have been asking me about the case, and I had to make this update to fill everyone in at once.

So about two weeks ago I brought an issue here about my neighbor who usually watches my four-year-old boy for me.

Read the previous thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5483166/wife-battery-should-drop-police

Just a little summary. She's a stay-at-home mom of two with a nursing baby and a boy who is my son's age. I used to leave work to pick the two boys up and take them to her house while I return to my office. I didn't know this before, but her husband is a very abusive man and my son unfortunately witnessed him beat her to near death twice.

The second time, he was the one that called me with her phone and I came and took her to hospital.

The issue then was that she didn't want to go ahead with the police case my husband and I filed for her. The man nearly murdered her and threatened over the phone to kill her if she ever comes back to his house. We had the call recorded but she insisted that he was only angry and would calm down soon enough.

She begged us not to call her family or report to anyone, that she can handle it by herself. One of her friends came to help her in the hospital while I took her one-year-old girl with me. I actually insisted.

So that terrible incident happened on a Friday, while I created the thread on a Sunday. On Thursday, the evil man finally came home. He hadn't called once to ask of his children. His son David was in the hospital and wasn't even going to school that week. I had to take the little baby to my office with me, and my only luck is that she's not the feisty sort.

He didn't come over to my house to check on the girl. I wasn't even sure he knew that she was with me. A fence separates our house and theirs but I heard his car rev in for the first time in days.

My husband and I had decided to bring her family into the case rather than just let it die off like that. We contacted her elder brother without her knowledge and told him everything. They are local people but we felt he would be more enlightened than others. He told us he would take things from there and that we should go and withdraw the police report. At least, we had done our bit and cleared our consciences.

My son kept asking me when David would resume school, but I told him to let David be with his mom. I didn't know how to tell the kid that he wouldn't be staying at David's house after school again. I can't have him in a toxic environment. I'd started picking him up and bringing him back to the office with me, and that's how I intend to keep things for now.

The lady came home last Friday, after about a week in the hospital. She called me everyday to ask after her child and I visited once with the baby while she was still at the hospital. She still has bandages on her arms and face and still can't open her left eye properly. She came to my house in the evening with her younger sister to collect her baby. I noticed she was embarrassed. She just said a word of thanks and demanded for the girl. I packed the girl's things (even the ones I bought with my money) and handed her over.

Before she left, she told me not to worry about David anymore, that she would start going to get him herself. I told her that even though my son returns to my office with me now, I can still pick up her son because I have to pass the street's entrance on my way back to work. She could be waiting for him whenever I'm about to drive by. She said no. That she'll be fine.

Well, we did our bit. We took some pieces of advice here and got her family involved. But we withdrew the police case for peace to reign. The woman has vehemently refused to take her life and kids seriously, but we've done our best. I don't know what her brother did, but I think he spoke to the lady's husband. I remembered seeing her on Thursday when I went to get my son from school. She was waiting to pick up David. I greeted her and offered them a ride. She refused, saying she'll order an O'Trike (Keke Napep that's like Uber).

Well, everybody should dey their own dey. God knows I've tried.

Thank you all for the advice and genuine guidance. For those who were more concerned about my son because of the violence he witnessed, he's fine. He misses playing with David and Sandra, but my network admin has two boys aged 5 and 8 who also hang out in the office after school. At least my son gets to play with them in the conference room. He's happy and I'm keeping him occupied with activities so his mind won't switch on those memories. My husband enrolled him in a new kids' football club and they go to play on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.

The best security a woman can have is her own gainful source of income. If that woman has something doing, I'm not sure she'd go back to an adulterer who beat her with the intent to murder. Women, please be careful with your lives. Think about your kids. If you die, who will look after them? Don't let society pressurize into marrying beasts.

Op has done the right thing. Frankly speaking , physical insult with mark of violence is a criminal offence. Police should do their job. Please, op, let police knows as you are withdrawing the case that it is their responsibility to investigate the case and battery is a criminal offence not otherwise.
if woman had died in rushing her to hospital, op and her family would have been in 'hot soup' now.
Deductions and lessons:
1. There is serious secret between the victim and her husband
2. Too much familiarity with our neighbours is not the best. Familiarity brings contempt.
3. Some women see abusive relationship as normal because their mother was abused by their father and she endured it.
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 03, 2019
computergeek:

What's up people? This is an update thread on the wife battery case. This one might also be a bit lengthy, so bear with me. Lots of people have been asking me about the case, and I had to make this update to fill everyone in at once.

So about two weeks ago I brought an issue here about my neighbor who usually watches my four-year-old boy for me.

Read the previous thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5483166/wife-battery-should-drop-police

Just a little summary. She's a stay-at-home mom of two with a nursing baby and a boy who is my son's age. I used to leave work to pick the two boys up and take them to her house while I return to my office. I didn't know this before, but her husband is a very abusive man and my son unfortunately witnessed him beat her to near death twice.

The second time, he was the one that called me with her phone and I came and took her to hospital.

The issue then was that she didn't want to go ahead with the police case my husband and I filed for her. The man nearly murdered her and threatened over the phone to kill her if she ever comes back to his house. We had the call recorded but she insisted that he was only angry and would calm down soon enough.

She begged us not to call her family or report to anyone, that she can handle it by herself. One of her friends came to help her in the hospital while I took her one-year-old girl with me. I actually insisted.

So that terrible incident happened on a Friday, while I created the thread on a Sunday. On Thursday, the evil man finally came home. He hadn't called once to ask of his children. His son David was in the hospital and wasn't even going to school that week. I had to take the little baby to my office with me, and my only luck is that she's not the feisty sort.

He didn't come over to my house to check on the girl. I wasn't even sure he knew that she was with me. A fence separates our house and theirs but I heard his car rev in for the first time in days.

My husband and I had decided to bring her family into the case rather than just let it die off like that. We contacted her elder brother without her knowledge and told him everything. They are local people but we felt he would be more enlightened than others. He told us he would take things from there and that we should go and withdraw the police report. At least, we had done our bit and cleared our consciences.

My son kept asking me when David would resume school, but I told him to let David be with his mom. I didn't know how to tell the kid that he wouldn't be staying at David's house after school again. I can't have him in a toxic environment. I'd started picking him up and bringing him back to the office with me, and that's how I intend to keep things for now.

The lady came home last Friday, after about a week in the hospital. She called me everyday to ask after her child and I visited once with the baby while she was still at the hospital. She still has bandages on her arms and face and still can't open her left eye properly. She came to my house in the evening with her younger sister to collect her baby. I noticed she was embarrassed. She just said a word of thanks and demanded for the girl. I packed the girl's things (even the ones I bought with my money) and handed her over.

Before she left, she told me not to worry about David anymore, that she would start going to get him herself. I told her that even though my son returns to my office with me now, I can still pick up her son because I have to pass the street's entrance on my way back to work. She could be waiting for him whenever I'm about to drive by. She said no. That she'll be fine.

Well, we did our bit. We took some pieces of advice here and got her family involved. But we withdrew the police case for peace to reign. The woman has vehemently refused to take her life and kids seriously, but we've done our best. I don't know what her brother did, but I think he spoke to the lady's husband. I remembered seeing her on Thursday when I went to get my son from school. She was waiting to pick up David. I greeted her and offered them a ride. She refused, saying she'll order an O'Trike (Keke Napep that's like Uber).

Well, everybody should dey their own dey. God knows I've tried.

Thank you all for the advice and genuine guidance. For those who were more concerned about my son because of the violence he witnessed, he's fine. He misses playing with David and Sandra, but my network admin has two boys aged 5 and 8 who also hang out in the office after school. At least my son gets to play with them in the conference room. He's happy and I'm keeping him occupied with activities so his mind won't switch on those memories. My husband enrolled him in a new kids' football club and they go to play on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.

The best security a woman can have is her own gainful source of income. If that woman has something doing, I'm not sure she'd go back to an adulterer who beat her with the intent to murder. Women, please be careful with your lives. Think about your kids. If you die, who will look after them? Don't let society pressurize into marrying beasts.

Hmmm.... Now Op... I didn't read the previous story but from what I read here I can get a picture of what the matter is all about. But Op, the tone of this your message gives you away as a mocker as in the tone is one of sarcasm and not sympathy. Even your actions towards her is not so pleasant, reason she refused further gestures from you.
I'll explain each part of all I describe up there about your actions and tone.

"Not Pleasant Actions": You immediately stopped dropping your children with her because of what she's passing through. Do you know how that makes her feel? Like Her family is some bad influence (of course they are) but you didn't need to make it so obvious. And to think all this while she's been looking after them at no cost,n ow you making it seem like shes a plague? On that note She has every right to refuse your gestures too.

Secondly

" Sarcasm " this is you coming here to tell us how you ride a car and use it to drop her children and she hires a keke NAPEP because you're a "working class woman" and she is a "house wife" who should go and work like other women, forgetting her being a house wife favored you in the beginning when she was baby sitting your children alongside hers.
Also letting us know how your boy is getting along with other kids in the office and how "the dad engaged him in sports bla bla and goes with him to play every weekend.. Like seriously Is this about your son or the said woman? Like putting your family pari pasu this woman's family shows you're only mocking her or simply saying you're better than her. Which is uncalled for.
The woman has probably read all these actions and decided to keep you out of her life.

Everyone has their family issues and know the gravity of it. While you viewing from outside/afar might not know the weight of the matter and be acting otherwise. So let her be and stop painting your family as the best and role model for society and others as a bad influence cos you too have your own marital issues only difference is it's not been sounded on high cymbals. People have different ringtones. Some are coded and low while some are loud hut empty barrels.

I hope you understand and take this piece of advice and not see it as an attack. Even if I come across as attacking, take it in good faith.

As for the woman, shes mature enough to know when to take to her heels. No woman likes the whole world to know what is happening between her and her husband to avoid a mockery such as this.

The best you can do is to pray for her if you're truly concerned and not spreading and keep giving updates here about her marital issues.

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by shadeyinka(m): 6:55am On Nov 03, 2019
bukatyne:

I have seen wives who made up their minds to leave, saved up, learnt a trade, sold the luxurious items they had, kept their heads low and disappeared one day without a trace.

Don't you wonder that if the men send them away, they make something good out of their lives no matter how rough it is initially?

I understand you but it's still not that easy. I know a female lawyer who experienced both Physical and Verbal abuse from the husband who also happened to be a lawyer. This went on for several years.

Human beings are unbelievably hopefull creatures: and the intermittent "good times" from the husband seem to keep the hope alive. Imagine taking your wife out of the country for holidays and shopping just after a serious beating.

It takes courage to break off abusive relationships. But not every woman has the liver to go through with it

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by NoToPile: 7:01am On Nov 03, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

Hmmm.... Now Op... I didn't read the previous story but from what I read here I can get a picture of what the matter is all about. But Op, the tone of this your message gives you away as a mocker as in the tone is one of sarcasm and not sympathy. Even your actions towards her is not so pleasant, reason she refused further gestures from you.

"Not Pleasant Actions": You immediately stopped dropping your children with her because of what she's passing through. Do you know how that makes her feel? Like Her family is some bad influence (of course they are) but you didn't need to make it so obvious. And to think all this while she's been looking after them at no cost,n ow you making it seem shes a plague? She has every right to refuse your gestures too.

Secondly

" Sarcasm " this is you coming here to tell us how drive a car and use it to drop her children and she hires a keke NAPEP because you're a "working class woman" and she is a "house wife" who should go and work like other women forgetting her being a house wife favored you in the beginning when she was baby sitting your children alongside hers.
Also letting us know how your boy is getting along with other kids in the office and how "the dad engaged him in sports bla bla and goes with him to play every weekend.. Like seriously Is this about your son or the said woman? Like putting your family pari pasu this woman's family shows you're only mocking her or simply saying you're better than her. Which is uncalled for.
The woman has probably read all these actions and decided to keep you out of her life.

Everyone has their family issues and know the gravity of it. While you viewing from outside/afar might not know the weight of the matter and be acting otherwise. So let her be and stop painting your family as the best and role model for society and others as a bad influence cos you too have your own marital issues only difference is it's not been sounded on high cymbals. People have different ringtones. Some are coded and low while some are loud hut empty barrels.

I hope you understand and take this piece of advice and not see it as an attack. Even if I come across as attacking, take it in good faith.

As for the woman, shes mature enough to know when to take to her heels. No woman likes the whole world to know what is happening between her and her husband to avoid mockery such as this.

The best you can do is to pray for her and f you're truly concerned and not spread and keep giving updates here about her marital issues.

Should she let her son continue witnessing the abuse?

So she shouldn't have offered them a ride ?

As far as I understand OP only explained in detail the whole incident so that readers will understand, and yes its also about her son because he is in the middle of all this, she only let us know how he's faring after witnessing such horrific incidents, how he's overcoming that traumatic experience and mingling with other children despite missing his former playmates, he was the one that called his mum to rescue the woman when she was in her own blood.

Read the previous story you will get why she's explaining so much about her son.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by peacettw: 7:07am On Nov 03, 2019
cococandy:

Because I’m not pretending like all of you hypocrites?

This thread: talk trash about how she’s supposed to leave and bla bla bla. (like any of you actually care about domestic violence). Nigerian women too like marriage. (Hmm I wonder why though )

Next thread : Time to shit on divorced women and shame single women. Old cargo, after-one nobody will marry her. Evening newspaper.

Next time: pretend like you don’t understand why they refuse to leave.

You are all complicit.

So stfu

Beautifully said. Bunch of hypocrites and confused lots.
There was a thread here some time ago created by a brave woman who decided to leave her abusive marriage. She had asked if she was doing the right thing.
I was shocked by the comments.

The woman was shamed into believing that she was the wrong party and will suffer for her rash decision. Some adviced her to go back and modify her behaviour to better please her man. Loads of rubbish kept emanating from the good people of this forum which made me realise that this society is still very much highly patriarchal and insensitive to matters concerning domestic violence.

It is a shame. And now they are back.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by yeyeosoronga: 7:09am On Nov 03, 2019
computergeek:
I don't remember telling you that my husband beat me into the hospital. Even if we have issues or argue about something, he can never hit me. Trust me, some men are still like that. So let's focus on the one who was nearly blinded and killed, and forget about me.

Pls, dont avoid that woman. She's just embarrassed and doesnt know how to act around you as you have seen her at her worst and her predicament isn't one to be proud of.
Call and ask after her regularly please. Encourage her to get something doing from home, if she can't go out to look for a job. If she could learn a skill around the area too. She needs some positive reinforcement in her life now. Her family can't help her. Just phone calls to talk to her pls

2 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 03, 2019
NoToPile:

Should she let her son continue witnessing the abuse?

So she shouldn't have offered them a ride ?

As far as I understand OP only explained in detail the whole incident so that readers will understand, and yes its also about her son because he is in the middle of all this, she only let us know how he's faring after witnessing such horrific incidents, how he's overcoming that traumatic experience and mingling with other children despite missing his former playmates, he was the one that called his mum to rescue the woman when she was in her own blood.

Read the previous story you will get why she's explaining so much about her son.

Hmmm....
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 03, 2019
bukatyne:

You are right, but the fact remains - MAJORITY of women would rather stay put in abusive relationships due to their financial struggles or societal stigma. This particular thread is a good example.
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by innobarca(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

"Not Pleasant Actions": You immediately stopped dropping your children with her because of what she's passing through. Do you know how that makes her feel? Like Her family is some bad influence (of course they are) but you didn't need to make it so obvious. And to think all this while she's been looking after them at no cost,n ow you making it seem like shes a plague? On that note She has every right to refuse your gestures too.

Secondly

" Sarcasm " this is you coming here to tell us how you ride a car and use it to drop her children and she hires a keke NAPEP because you're a "working class woman" and she is a "house wife" who should go and work like other women, forgetting her being a house wife favored you in the beginning when she was baby sitting your children alongside hers.

As for the woman, shes mature enough to know when to take to her heels. No woman likes the whole world to know what is happening between her and her husband to avoid a mockery such as this.

The best you can do is to pray for her if you're truly concerned and not spreading and keep giving updates here about her marital issues.

You are very correct.

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Angelacruz: 7:14am On Nov 03, 2019
True
Olalan:
Quite unfortunate when women stay in abusive marriage majorly due to the fact that they are not financially independent.
BTW nobody should ignore red flags of violence in relationship
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2019
crackhaus:

Getting her to the hospital and getting in touch with the friend she asked for, is all the best the OP needed to do.

Any other thing that was done after the victim herself told her to withdraw the police case is oversabi, because she does not know the full story of what is going on between husband and wife.

Wawuu
shocked
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 03, 2019
Please she has made it clear that she wants nothing from you anymore, don't offer to pick her child, don't offer to drop her, don't take your child there, thank God there a fence between you guys, you guys have just switched to hello/hi, when if you see me injuries on her... Don't ask, dey your dey cheesy, finally if convenient after sometime move away from that neighborhood... Cheers
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 03, 2019
Ryan03:
so a woman must be married before she can be seen as a responsible adult? Na una dey cause all these nonsense so. Women, you must not be married, marriage is sweet when you are with a responsible person, once your marriage is robbing you of physical and mental health, then its useless, get out of it immediately!

But of course
Thank you for having this stance
Our society needs this narrative to be preached everywhere, especially in our places of worship
(where we do the most listening)
Cheers

4 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by yeyeosoronga: 7:23am On Nov 03, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

Secondly

One of the reasons the initial thread was created was because her child had witnessed a violence which initially affected the boy, so it's only right she mentions what they've done as a family to help their son get over the traumatic episode.
Secondly, She is a sensible mother who has done right by her child by not keeping him in a violent situation. We must always do what's in the best interest of our underaged children. That's the responsibility of every parent.
Your own tone gives the message of someone always looking for faults where there is non, yet not ready to do anything to help a situation but to fast and pray. Faith without works is dead
Don't always see the glass as half empty

14 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by MMotimo: 7:25am On Nov 03, 2019
computergeek:

Nope!

The best security is knowing your worth and placing value on yourself so that you can recognize what you should not accommodate.

Yours is a common erroneous conclusion in these cases and it’s misleading because it causes women to enter into these abusive relationships with misplaced trust in the power of their earnings to help them survive. They enter the trap with the self delusion that they can leave at anytime because they have a job.

If it was just money, it would not be happening in the western world where victims have welfare assistance to support them yet such women stick with deadbeats who do not spend any money whatsoever on them.

The majority of DV victims in Naija are working women so let’s not continue to propagate this urban myth. If you marry an abuser, you will suffer abuse, period! It does not matter how much you earn. Once you match a victim persona to an abuser’s, you get an abusive relationship. Avoid becoming a victim, don’t marry an abuser, trust your instincts, these precautions will take you farther than any salary can

@wolverine1989, bukatyne, ornicus - thanks for voicing out. Most Naija women are income earners and most of the victims are income earners but the generalization never fails.

5 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 03, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

Hmmm....

I was going to rudely tell you to go and find the nearest gutter to sit down in, after reading your first frankly weird and wrong post, but I now saw this...and realise you are ready to backtrack when you know your steps are wrong...and I shelved my rudeness
Hastily judging people is what we should all always strive to avoid

That computergeek was amazing and a true guardian angel with a humane heart and intent in the index case
She deserves everything good, and more in her life, for truly looking out for her neighbour and applying the Golden Rule

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by MMotimo: 7:38am On Nov 03, 2019
Viking07:
You are right, but the fact remains - MAJORITY of women would rather stay put in abusive relationships due to their financial struggles or societal stigma. This particular thread is a good example.

In Naija, societal stigma far outweighs financial struggles but often the most prevalent reason is psychological and some sort of sick co-dependence that people often write off as juju.

1 Like

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:08am On Nov 03, 2019
Olalan:
Quite unfortunate when women stay in abusive marriage majorly due to the fact that they are not financially independent.
BTW nobody should ignore red flags of violence in relationship

That sounds typically like my next flat neighbor whose husband could pass for a black belt fighter.He beats and disfigures her like she's his property, Tdy police ,tmrrw family member wahala,she will park in and out before u know itFunny tin is they fight over flimsy stuffs. like d other day he beat her up,cuz she spent 7k5 (food stuff money)to make her hair(box braid).

Neighbours don't even interfere anymore,cuz she will spite u later on, after d fight he will take her to faith mediplex close by,patch her up,and voila on Sundays and Wednesdays, both of them will put on matching outfit and sit at the front row in winners chapel airport road. undecided

2 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by 9ja083: 8:10am On Nov 03, 2019
From what u said, her husband have been telling her not to talk to ppl and her assisting u with ur child after school and your helping her to bring her child from sch might be one of the reasons her husband beats her.
Am not supporting the beating at all. Some men wants their wife to be so isolated and are ready to cut off any source of communication from ppl. When they see women talk to their wife, the tag it some1's corrupting their beloved wife. When they see a man talk to her harmlessly, they suspect that both are having affair.
Such men wont want their wife to have something doing. 90% of Wife to such men are usually a stay at home wife. And 70% of these men have anger problem.
I keep saying this, a marriage without trust, honesty, love, care and understanding is in great danger.

2 Likes

Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by seunmohmoh(f): 8:16am On Nov 03, 2019
adebobconed:

Then what could it be?
Love
Re: She Went Back To Her Abusive Husband by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 03, 2019
cococandy:
She’s a virtuous woman.

By NL misogynistic standards.

Maybe she’s on this forum and reads the posts.
Doesn’t want anyone to call her olosho who can’t keep her marriage.

Your brain is upside down mind refixing ... what as misogynistic standard or olosho got to do with marital challenges. FYI olosho is no longer an abuse yu beta shoot ur shot, a client might b reading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Father Is A Very Lazy Person / 16 Year Old Girl Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta / My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.