Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion (32878 Views)

Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development Benchmarks / How They Stand In The Race For Senate: Apc 61 Pdp 33 Ypp 1 / Angry Nigerian Blast Lai Muhammad Over N3.5million E-lzakzakky Feeding (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
lexy2014:

All u have said has no relevance with d questions I asked which are:

"Is it only smugglers that use d land borders? Do smugglers not also use air and sea ports?"
The Nigerian government is trying to sought out the land borders for now, anyone interested in exporting to Nigeria for now should use other means, leeches can all do their worst.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Just30: 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Those complaining about the border closure;

Asian rice farmers and their governments,

Nigerian importers and smugglers or those related or close to them,

ECOWAS states governments especially Benin, Togo, Cameroun, Ghana and Niger involved in smuggling into Nigeria because of loss of revenue,
She could fall into any of those categories.

Any genuine importer into Nigeria should use the seaports and airports for now till those leeching countries sought themselves out.

dont be dumb
cameroon is not an ecowas member

and Ghanaian goods are not smuggled into your country
they pass through your borders and pay duties.

West Africa major problem are nigerians who smuggle basically everything from Chinese textiles to rice and cement across
the various countries in West Africa
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by lexy2014: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
The Nigerian government is trying to sought out the land borders for now, anyone interested in exporting to Nigeria for now should use other means, leeches can all do their worst.
U still haven't answered d questions:

"Is it only smugglers that use d land borders? Do smugglers not also use air and sea ports?"
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Gilgil: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
We are taking our time, na small small.

Lol...you are not serious.
That's the whole issue with Nigeria, my friend...lol

If you were my employee and answer this way to not doing your job, I would fire you immediately without benefits.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
vaxx2:
And i said you are stupid with such reasoning? electricity is the major infrastructure for any industry. the demand at which it is used may vary . be it minimal or optimal from basic computer to advance warehouse, all need the presence of electricity for smooth buisness running, so foolishly saying a lack of electricity is not a ""deal broker"" shows you are stupid yourself.

it's "breaker" not "broker". May I suggest some remedial classes in English?

its very annoying arguing with half baked, half educated ignoramuses. nairaland needs an ignore button to remove imbeciles from the flow of serious discussions
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
Just30:
ECOWAS without nigeria is a union bound for success

Afrter all, all the major treaties in ECOWAS are brought by Ghana
Go with your ECOWAS then, what do we even gain from you beggars? Presidents of Benin, Niger and Ghana have been begging since the closure.
We are waiting for the rest of ECOWAS and Cameroon before we'd say anything.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by docadams: 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
Blue3k:

The Q3 GDP report will be spicy. It seems alot small business are coming out of woodwork to complain. They'll just have use seaports or airports even if it doesn't make sense. Im going guess GDP grew 1.5%.

PS: NBS never released 2018 crime statistics.

Complain about what, their inability to ship in their contraband goods? Loosing 3trllion naira indeed. They admitted the comatose state of our textile industries, so how is 3trillion being lost. Tomorrow it will be the turn of slaughter houses loosing trillion to border closure, next will be association of Kunu hawkers.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by lastempero: 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
Buhari govt is the most confused govt nigerianshave experienced.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by effty(m): 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
luminouz:

Use the inland dry ports or any sea port of your choice. Its because the thing dey affect you that's why you are shouting. So you'd rather your hides spoil at land borders than use the seaports? SMH

Nigerians are very selfish creatures, its always about their personal gains,never looking at the long term effect and funny enough,they are always the first to blame the government on every little thing
Like you know anything about commerce.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by vaxx2: 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2019
isthatso:

So you are even daft as I expect. I only repeat what you wrote by quoting them. if you are aren't an iliiterate yourself, don't you see the quote as a reference as to what you yourself type down.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
Just30:
dont be dumb
cameroon is not an ecowas member

and Ghanaian goods are not smuggled into your country
they pass through your borders and pay duties.

West Africa major problem are nigerians who smuggle basically everything from Chinese textiles to rice and cement across
the various countries in West Africa
I know Cameroon isn't an ECOWAS member, I only listed the countries that would be mostly affected just like crying and beggarly Ghana.

Kasapreko and other companies would soon leave Ghana to relocate to Nigeria because of this single move.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by vaxx2: 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2019
isthatso:

its very annoying arguing with half baked, half educated ignoramuses. nairaland needs an ignore button to remove imbeciles from the flow of serious discussions
Stop been emotional, educationally you can't contest my level of exposure talkless of when applying rigourous or critical thinking. but if you want to channel your energy to insult , I will help you to compound your problem. I like stupid people like you, they are good to bluff away.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2019
vaxx2:
So you are even daft as I expect. I only repeat what you wrote by quoting them. if you are aren't an iliiterate yourself, don't you see the quote as a reference as to what you yourself type down.

it's there for everyone to see. I have better pedigree and education that to write "broker" instead of breaker. the fact that you typed it yourself exposed your dodgy pedigree. even in trying to repeat what i wrote you failed because in your head you dont know the spelling!!

see your brother here:

Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Just30: 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Has the corridor being opened yet and the Nigerian government that said you must get your act together before any consideration for reopening is joking?
Continue begging Nigeria for forgiveness for now, change your ways and we'd consider you guys request.

Date of report, 18 October, today is 03 November yet you're already rejoicing over a phantom corridor.
Better tell your president to give those stranded Ghanaian drivers at our borders more money in order to survive.
you are making too much noise whiles your country economy is nose-diving into recession

how far with the astronomical increases in prices of commodities?

managing an economy is not the same as playing school
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
lexy2014:

U still haven't answered d questions:

Why are you shouting? I told you already that the Nigerian government is trying to sought the land ports for now, make your personal investigation to know if only smugglers use land ports.

The land ports and borders remain shut for now
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by vaxx2: 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
I know Cameroon isn't an ECOWAS member, I only listed the countries that would be mostly affected just like crying and beggarly Ghana.

Kasapreko and other companies would soon leave Ghana to relocate to Nigeria because of this single move.
Guy shout up, Ghana goods was allowed into Nigeria successfully yesterday and another meeting is expected to take up tomorrow where Nigeria customs and Ghana officials will work on the modalities of operation.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
Gilgil:

Lol...you are not serious.
That's the whole issue with Nigeria, my friend...lol

If you were my employee and answer this way to not doing your job, I would fire you immediately without benefits.
See this one still looking for a job, by their posts you shall know smugglers anyway
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by loswhite(m): 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2019
netpro:
Some people like illegality. If you wish to continue in business, import your materials through the proper channels.
are you saying the land border is not a proper channel?
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by vaxx2: 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2019
isthatso:

it's there for everyone to see. I have better pedigree and education that to write "broker" instead of breaker. the fact that you typed it yourself exposed your dodgy pedigree. even in trying to repeat what i wrote you failed because in your head you dont know the spelling!!

see your brother here:

As i said , i love stupid People and I am about to show you the reasons since you are stupid. You as an individual expose a very poor sound of reasoning to basic education and as to what grammer structure entails , if you see the quote sign and you still ignorantly demonsrate it is from me shows how porous your brain is ? You are daft but that shouldn't mean you should be foolish as well.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Just30: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2019
Notatribalist:
The timing of the border closure is bad, but the idea is good. Those products you are importing from Mali are they made in Mali? Probably a foreign company produces it in Mali with Nigeria market as mail target. That's the issue the gorverment is trying to solve. Let the companies come and Establish in Nigeria and create jobs for our people.
that's not going to happen

because companies usually set up closer to where their raw materials are and it is much more easier to transport finish products.

No one wants to set up production line in an underdeveloped market
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2019
Just30:
you are making too much noise whiles your country economy is nose-diving into recession

how far with the astronomical increases in prices of commodities?

managing an economy is not the same as playing school
It is not your recession or is it?
Be thinking about the effect of the closure on your economy instead of focusing on Nigeria.
Just one company kasepreko had lost about $2.5 million since the closure and you're losing sleep over your phantom recession in Nigeria.
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2019
vaxx2:
Guy shout up, Ghana goods was allowed into Nigeria successfully yesterday and another meeting is expected to take up tomorrow where Nigeria customs and Ghana officials will work on the modalities of operation.
Links please
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by AlphaStyles(m): 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
You people shouldn't complain ooo enjoy the closure
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Just30: 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
nototribalist:
which kind corridor? Mumuu you think Benin republic are stupid to allow that? Rubbish they will lock their own border too. That's why Ghana no get sense
Benin will not be picking a fight with Ghana where they depend so much for a lot of things .
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Just30: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
nototribalist:

Go and die, we don't want anything Ghana in Nigeria. Period
you are crying too much grin grin grin grin grin

it is not your emotions that will prevent things from Ghana from entering your market because you know the consequences
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by urahara(m): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
Blue3k:

Lol says the poverty capital of world. You weirdos already agreed. If you guys are just liars just say so. Its the Nigerian economy that going to take the major hit not Ghana's due to border closure.

High growth economies without boko haram.

Is it just me or does buhari not understand what the African free trade agreement he signed implies ?
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by vaxx2: 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
Area4Area:
Links please
source ....citinewsroom...

Ghana - Nigeria custom to hold joint meeting

""The meeting is expected to help the two countries set out modalities on how Ghanaian traders may easily cross the Nigerian-Benin border with their goods.

According to the Deputy Minister-in-charge of Trade and Industry, Mr Carlos Kingsley Ahenkorah, an announcement will be made after the meeting on Monday to that effect.

The Deputy Minister was hopeful the meeting would yield positive results considering the outcomes of all the meetings held between the two countries.

The Deputy Minister stated that following meetings with the Commissioner of Customs and the Minister of Foreign affairs of Nigeria last Wednesday, a Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA) truck which was conveying products from Ghana to Nigeria for an exhibition was allowed into that country after several days of staying behind the Nigerian border.

This, the Minister said was a good sign and he was very optimistic the meeting on Monday would yield the needed results.

Speaking on Citi TV‘s The Big Issue, the Deputy Minister said the modalities would make it easier for both Ghanaian and Nigerian trucks to cross the border and improve transparency for Nigerian authorities.

According to him, the two sovereign states are hoping to among other things arrive at a decision that would make authorities know the quantity and type of products en route to each other’s country before the goods arrive.

“When we got to the commissioner of customs, the customs people who went with us also had a very hearty discussion with him and they were all on one side saying that it is important that they have a customs to customs cooperation where they will exchange information even about goods that are about leaving Ghana to Nigeria, so they can do same for us. That way they know what is coming into their country”.

“You heard me say that we are going to create a special window for these Ghana trucks to be able to move in, and the Foreign affairs Minister of Nigeria promised to do this with Ghana and to have that exchange. So the Commissioner of Customs for Ghana and that of Nigeria are supposed to sit down and come up with modalities on Monday."

"He went further to promise that on Monday we are having a crunch meeting and after that meeting, they are going to come out with a brilliant announcement and so we should all open our ears,” Mr Ahenkorah added.

Background

Nigeria closed its frontiers in what it says is to stop the smuggling of products from its neighbouring West African countries into Nigeria.

The action taken by Nigeria was to express its displeasure at the attitude of the Beninese authorities in order to elicit their cooperation.

The closure of the borders which started in August 2019 was expected to be in force for twenty-eight (28) days, however, it looks like the issues remain unresolved thus the continuous closure.

Many trucks have been stranded at the Seme border for several weeks now"".
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Notatribalist(m): 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2019
Just30:
that's not going to happen

because companies usually set up closer to where their raw materials are and it is much more easier to transport finish products.

No one wants to set up production line in an underdeveloped market
and Ghana market is developed? Lol. You Ghanians won't keep your mouth shut. That's how you guy where busy boating your hands on your chest,but since the border got closed who is begging now?
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
Just30:
Benin will not be picking a fight with Ghana where they depend so much for a lot of things .
20% of the economy of Benin depends on Nigeria, give us that of Benin to Ghana
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Area4Area: 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
Just30:
you are crying too much grin grin grin grin grin

it is not your emotions that will prevent things from Ghana from entering your market because you know the consequences
What consequences if I may ask? Lol
Re: Border Closure: Northern Textile Traders Say They Stand To Lose Over N3 Trillion by Just30: 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
justtoodark:
Vaxx2,this matter realy bother you....

i wouldnt give a fvck if ghana close their borders....

interesting....
in Ghana we dont run nonsense policies of closing borders grin grin grin grin grin

it solves no problem

we tackle the problem head-on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

MURIC Tasks Obiano On Muslims In Anambra / The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) / IPOB Members Arrested At Abuja Federal High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.