Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat (10868 Views)

Why I Hold Goodluck Jonathan In High Esteem - President Buhari. / Obasanjo Meets With Goodluck Jonathan In Otuoke (Photos) / Man Who Criticised Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 Visits Him,begs Him For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by shehuolayinka(m): 11:32am On Nov 03, 2019
I do not know much about sports, but I know what good sportsmanship is. Diego Maradona, the Argentine football shaman, was a great player, but he is not celebrated as much as Pele of Brazil. One fatal flaw detracts from Maradona’s genius – hubris.

Maradona is known to be a sore loser. He curses, barks and brawls in defeat. As a matter of fact, his ‘’legend’’ is stymied by his repulsive foibles and deportment.

Politics is like football. It is a game. One side wins and the other side loses. It should not have to be a hara-kiri – ‘’it is victory or death’’.

Nigeria has been good to Atiku Abubakar. He has thrived and flourished on the backs of the country. He was a former chief of customs; he was elected governor, and then, he became, perhaps, the most powerful vice-president in Nigeria. Atiku has seen it all, and he has had it all.

I had expected the former vice-president to react to the judgment of the Supreme Court, which dismissed his appeal against President Muhammadu Buhari’s election victory, as a statesman. I was disappointed by his barb.

He did a ‘’maradona bawl’’.

‘’The Nigerian judiciary, just like every estate of our realm, has been sabotaged and undermined by an overreaching and dictatorial cabal, who have undone almost all the democratic progress the Peoples Democratic Party and its administrations nurtured for sixteen years, up until 2015,” he said.

“Today, the nail has been put on the coffin and the gains we collectively made since 1999 are evaporating, and a requiem is at hand.’’

Really, even if the judiciary has been ‘’sabotaged’’ as he said, Atiku has been a beneficiary of the good, the bad and the ugly in this supposedly flawed institution.

I recall in 2007, the Supreme Court was on the ‘’side’’ of Atiku in his mortal combat with former President Olusegun Obasanjo. The same court that Atiku vilifies today held that Obasanjo cannot declare his seat as vice-president vacant.

We are a nation in dire need of statesmen and not hangmen or agents of disruption. But I must contrast my view on Atiku’s bearings with the fact that Buhari would have said much worse or even done much worse if he had lost at the apex court.

When the president lost the 2011 election, he issued threats which led to an outbreak of violence across the north. I was in Kaduna at that time, and I witnessed the unrest — stoked by a man who has sponged off the country all his adult life.

There is victory in defeat.

President Jonathan conceded the 2015 election to Buhari before the final collation of results was done. He called Buhari to congratulate him on winning the election despite pressure from ‘’devious elves around the throne of power’’ to pervert the will of the people.

Really, no matter how some persons may try to trivialise what Jonathan did, defeat is a bitter pill to swallow. It takes strength of character to concede to another.

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/11/03/what-atiku-can-learn-from-president-jonathan-in-defeat-by-fredrick-nwabufo/

11 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by johnkay1(m): 11:43am On Nov 03, 2019
Hmm
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Bluk: 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
Yeah, but he don't wanna learn at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
grin

4 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by angelEmade: 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
uhmmm Jonathan is a rare leader. you see such leaders only once in a lifetime

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by jaxxy(m): 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
Sm people are idiots. There is no correlation Jonathan’s election was 80% free and fair and that’s why he accepted defeat and congratulated the winner

To congratulate Buhari wud be a disservice to democracy and putting a stamp of approval on a poorly and disgracefully conducted election. Maybe 40% free and fair.

Buhari has won by hook or by crook let him continue and do his best to finish well.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by 1mrprolific7(m): 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2019
Since Buhari has been the most mentioned name in Nigeria this past year, I think Oxford Dictionary should consider creating a space for him in the dictionary.
For example:
Buhari: /boo-ha-ree/ adjective: hard, difficult, painful , troublesome, harsh, wicked, liar, bad, thief.
.Verb: Buhari.
. Past Tense: Buharied
. Present Continuous: Buharying
. Present Perfect: Buharise
E.g:
... Some girls always like to buharise things,
... The test was Buharistic,
... I had a very Buharied week.
# Buhari: To complicate, make things worse, unbearable.
E.g:
... Please don't come and Buharificate issues here.
... The only way to reduce applicants is to Buharify the process.
... How was your exam? It was Buharific !!!

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by fredoooooo: 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2019
Abegi what's the next scam to get money from that man from Cameroon.... buncha thieves , awon technical advisers aye grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by fulaniHERDSman(m): 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2019
Two different eras ... Nothing to learn in a police state or banana republic.

Foolish write up

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by ePUMEZ: 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2019
Atikulate go tire

4 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
1mrprolific7:
Since Buhari has been the most mentioned name in Nigeria this past year, I think Oxford Dictionary should consider creating a space for him in the dictionary.
For example:
Buhari: /boo-ha-ree/ adjective: hard, difficult, painful , troublesome, harsh, wicked, liar, bad, thief.
E.g:
E.g:

7 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by xvpin: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
he never gives up, you will get it all some day @atiku

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by thundafire: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
He GEJ conceded for peace,we all know Buhari is never a Democrat or else by now due to his statements dis country would have seen more monkey soak in blood than b4, GEJ looked at dey future and those who supported Buhari are now hiding in shame

8 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by EkunKekere: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
Love them or hate them, neither Atiku nor Jonathan need lessons on good sportsmanship.

[img]https://images./59haBLXAcpvsiadFetUggG.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./5Yey0IOhfUwhlDyd43Ir6y.jpg[/img]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Dottore: 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ok
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by 1kbusiness: 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oya Na. You can get something that looks nice for yourself for just 1k today, I'm guessing you have had that idea for a while and you wondering about how it'd look. Just send us a message today. Don't forget to send a pic of ya logo too.

Hurrrrrrryy.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2019
xvpin:
he never gives up, you will get it all some day @atiku
.... Yes ! Just like how Buhari fought PDP for 16 years before Defeating them ! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by seguntijan(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.” - Mahatma Ghandi

1 Like

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by NOC1(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
He Atiku allowed himself to be fooled by political gladiators, it was a battle he can’t win the most useless thing is that he approached it with crude and obsolete tool ( his prayers to court are baseless) calling for a battle and not having the tactics to beat your opponent is stupidity.
You rushed to a battle na death you called upon.

7 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by NOC1(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
D b
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
fulaniHERDSman:
Two different eras ... Nothing to learn in a police state or banana republic.

Foolish write up

1 Like

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Ayoswit(f): 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
Jonathan is the true hero of our democracy cool
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Tulsaguy: 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
1mrprolific7:
For example:
E.g:
E.g:

Omo.... you bad gan.... ni. Stop buharising us pls...

2 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Mightyhaiz: 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
1mrprolific7:
For example:
E.g:
E.g:
in immhotep voice,.. What has been seen,...

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
But I must contrast my view on Atiku’s bearings with the fact that Buhari would have said much worse or even done much worse if he had lost at the apex court.

When the president lost the 2011 election, he issued threats which led to an outbreak of violence across the north.

I was in Kaduna at that time, and I witnessed the unrest — stoked by a man who has sponged off the country all his adult life.

I was going to type the above until I saw that the author already did.

Buhari and Atiku are birds of the same feather. They just don't flock together.

Both are criminals and despots unworthy of even becoming class captains.

But in nation where tribal and religious sentiments have overtaken common sense, they ended up as president and vice.

2 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Thisis2raw(m): 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
Everybody seem to be blaming Atiku for airing his mind,but no one wants to blame the judicial system for been biased and unfair

3 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Johans1991: 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
Gej had no option rather than conceding defeat. Had it been GEJ try anything rubbish he would have been given the GBAGBO treatment

4 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by DonFreshmoney(m): 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
Atiku is coming 2023..
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by ZombieTERROR: 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
There is a great difference between being defeated and being rigged out...

The two are separate scenarios

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP To Investigate Alleged Claims Its Members Are Receiving Money From Tinubu / Meet Husband Of Senator Aishatu, Adamawa APC Governorship Candidate / 2023: APC, Labour Party Leaders In Lejja Collapse Structures For Ugwuanyi, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.