Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat (10877 Views)

Why I Hold Goodluck Jonathan In High Esteem - President Buhari. / Obasanjo Meets With Goodluck Jonathan In Otuoke (Photos) / Man Who Criticised Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 Visits Him,begs Him For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by mu2sa2: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
Op there's no difference between Gej and Atiku - both are typical power hungry, corrupt politicians. Why didn't Gej tell Atiku to concede defeat? Atiku was being goaded on in his futile court case because he, Gej and pdp topshot were banking on the disgraced former cjn, onoghen. Gej conceded defeat in 2015 because he didn't want to get the Gbagbo treatment- full stop.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by michoim(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
It is too late for Atiku to learn the Jonathan lesson after he went to Supreme court. Jonathan didn't go to any court...
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2019
jaxxy:
Sm people are idiots. There is no correlation Jonathan’s election was 80% free and fair and that’s why he accepted defeat and congratulated the winner

To congratulate Buhari wud be a disservice to democracy and putting a stamp of approval on a poorly and disgracefully conducted election. Maybe 40% free and fair.

Buhari has won by hook or by crook let him continue and do his best to finish well.
You're wise. That Igbo man that wrote that shit needs a brain exam. How can Atiku congratulate an election rigger? We all know that those Supreme Court judges miscarried the justice they delivered, probably to douse tension it would have generated or they were afraid of Buhari. Did Buhari ever congratulate others when he lost?

1 Like

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Halo22: 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
For those asking Atiku to accept defeat and congratulate Buhari, my promise is that one day there right would be deprived of them and they will be asked to accept it in good fate. People of less or no integrity.

1 Like

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
in immhotep voice,.. What has been seen,...
Cannot be unseen grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed helinues greenback

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by klax(m): 1:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
shehuolayinka:
I do not know much about sports, but I know what good sportsmanship is. Diego Maradona, the Argentine football shaman, was a great player, but he is not celebrated as much as Pele of Brazil. One fatal flaw detracts from Maradona’s genius – hubris.

Maradona is known to be a sore loser. He curses, barks and brawls in defeat. As a matter of fact, his ‘’legend’’ is stymied by his repulsive foibles and deportment.

Politics is like football. It is a game. One side wins and the other side loses. It should not have to be a hara-kiri – ‘’it is victory or death’’.

Nigeria has been good to Atiku Abubakar. He has thrived and flourished on the backs of the country. He was a former chief of customs; he was elected governor, and then, he became, perhaps, the most powerful vice-president in Nigeria. Atiku has seen it all, and he has had it all.

I had expected the former vice-president to react to the judgment of the Supreme Court, which dismissed his appeal against President Muhammadu Buhari’s election victory, as a statesman. I was disappointed by his barb.

He did a ‘’maradona bawl’’.

‘’The Nigerian judiciary, just like every estate of our realm, has been sabotaged and undermined by an overreaching and dictatorial cabal, who have undone almost all the democratic progress the Peoples Democratic Party and its administrations nurtured for sixteen years, up until 2015,” he said.

“Today, the nail has been put on the coffin and the gains we collectively made since 1999 are evaporating, and a requiem is at hand.’’

Really, even if the judiciary has been ‘’sabotaged’’ as he said, Atiku has been a beneficiary of the good, the bad and the ugly in this supposedly flawed institution.

I recall in 2007, the Supreme Court was on the ‘’side’’ of Atiku in his mortal combat with former President Olusegun Obasanjo. The same court that Atiku vilifies today held that Obasanjo cannot declare his seat as vice-president vacant.

We are a nation in dire need of statesmen and not hangmen or agents of disruption. But I must contrast my view on Atiku’s bearings with the fact that Buhari would have said much worse or even done much worse if he had lost at the apex court.

When the president lost the 2011 election, he issued threats which led to an outbreak of violence across the north. I was in Kaduna at that time, and I witnessed the unrest — stoked by a man who has sponged off the country all his adult life.

There is victory in defeat.

President Jonathan conceded the 2015 election to Buhari before the final collation of results was done. He called Buhari to congratulate him on winning the election despite pressure from ‘’devious elves around the throne of power’’ to pervert the will of the people.

Really, no matter how some persons may try to trivialise what Jonathan did, defeat is a bitter pill to swallow. It takes strength of character to concede to another.

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/11/03/what-atiku-can-learn-from-president-jonathan-in-defeat-by-fredrick-nwabufo/
[/s]

There is no way a pretending apc bollocks will try to hide their demonic faces they are always caught up in their words filled with lies and propaganda.

Blablabla as if that was how Buhari has be playing Pele in Nigeria politics ever since. Nonsense thrash talks!!!
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Patrioticman007(m): 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
Shoodboi:

I was going to type the above until I saw that the author already did.

Buhari and Atiku are birds of the same feather. They just don't flock together.

Both are criminals and despots unworthy of even becoming class captains.

But in nation where tribal and religious sentiments have overtaken common sense, they ended up as president and vice.

That Nigerians are the most passive citizens in Africa, is a fact. Imagine a rebel in disguise, predicting PMB wouldn't have accepted defeat at the hands of supreme court. The very supreme court that PMB had to remove Onnogen the PDP boy, so that we will have some sanity in our judiciary. Corruption has destroyed most of our country, however we most fight & issue threat so that the rebels, will know that Nigeria is our only land. PMB had to crush stones with his teeth, so that kola nuts will know, its no match with his teeth.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Kingpele(m): 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
[quote author=1mrprolific7 post=83704429]Since Buhari has been the most mentioned name in Nigeria this past year, I think Oxford Dictionary should consider creating a space for him in the dictionary.
For example:
Buhari: /boo-ha-ree/ adjective: hard, difficult, painful , troublesome, harsh, wicked, liar, bad, thief.
.Verb: Buhari.
. Past Tense: Buharied
. Present Continuous: Buharying
. Present Perfect: Buharise
E.g:
... Some girls always like to buharise things,
... The test was Buharistic,
... I had a very Buharied week.
# Buhari: To complicate, make things worse, unbearable.
E.g:
... Please don't come and Buharificate issues here.
... The only way to reduce applicants is to Buharify the process.
... How was your exam? It was Buharific .... U better grow up, buharia is not only the cause of your predicament but every one that have ever preside over the affairs of our collective polity
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Goldencheese(m): 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
That's life.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by opribo(m): 1:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
No, I disagree with the OP. When Atiku came into the fray to contest against Bubu,[b][/b] I was particularly happy because unlike GEJ they the APC cannot have it a smooth sail.

Atiku's action has exposed the danger Nigeria is in by going with this contagious poverty spreading president. Did you know your president had no certificate all this while. How can such a man be the president of a country where we have men of timbre and calibre who have distinguished themselves in business and in academics.

This man Bubu has not done anything for the society other than shouting sharia everywhere.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by walexbiz(m): 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
I am no supporter of Atiku, but what do you expect from Atiku to extend the hand of fellowship to a man who has pocketed the third arm of government. It will be a great disservice to the nation to do that since all antecedent before the election showed that election would be rigged in favour of the incumbent but the manner in which the Supreme Court dismissed the case was showed there is mischievous theatrics at play and it was final straw that broke the camels back.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by brookz: 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
Make he park for one side abeg, He might be President in Cameroon someday grin

1 Share

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by mu2sa2: 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
jaxxy:
Sm people are idiots. There is no correlation Jonathan’s election was 80% free and fair and that’s why he accepted defeat and congratulated the winner

To congratulate Buhari wud be a disservice to democracy and putting a stamp of approval on a poorly and disgracefully conducted election. Maybe 40% free and fair.

Buhari has won by hook or by crook let him continue and do his best to finish well.
Why stop at 80% - add the the remaining 20% to make it a perfect election. Your fellow ipob will still give you the likes. Same with 40% - why? Drop it to 0% for maximum likes from your fellow Nnamdi kanu disciples. God continue to bless the federal Republic of Nigeria and shame detractors of "our dear natve natve land."

1 Like

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by jaxxy(m): 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
mu2sa2:
Why stop at 80% - add the the remaining 20% to make it a perfect election. Your fellow ipob will still give you the likes. Same with 40% - why? Drop it to 0% for maximum likes from your fellow Nnamdi kanu disciples. God continue to bless the federal Republic of Nigeria and shame detractors of "our dear natve natve land."

For u information I voted Buhari in 2015 so I can not be ipob. He didn’t perform as expected and I decided to try Pdp due to no better option. Let’s just be honest and factual so that the country can grow.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Hit me up
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by ityP(m): 1:46pm On Nov 03, 2019
Very foolish write up. Atiku would have been a fool to congratulate Buhari. Person do expo for exam but them no catch, e come chop first class. If na u, u go congratulate am? Bunch of hypocritical fools
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by htweet(m): 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
What other lesson are we trying yo force down Atiku's throat again? He has lost,please let it be!
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by sonature1: 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
Look at the pic of Atiku and Jonathan...it teaches all of us lessons.

Jonathan is the only former president that his subordinates don't shake with two hands because they think he didn't deserve the position he once held.

Be humble, but there must be a limit.

If you are too humble, people will assume that you don't deserve the position you hold.

The outcome is outright disrespect.

#EnoughSaid

2 Likes

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Bluntemperor: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
OP, thanks for your brilliant analysis on Atiku.it is not by force you become a leader since we left the military era in Nigeria.we hope he hangs up his delusion on ruling Nigeria and even Dubai where they have been hibernating will never save them.Policians are waging war against Nigeria and is very unfortunate as they still want to rule the Country they are fighting.As at today,we don't know how much money they made and taxes being paid.Everything is secretive,but fool Nigerians in an elections time.You will see them spending Dollars just to win a seat for power. Most Politicians in Nigeria are very unpatriotic,greedy,wicked and bitter to the core.They are not concerned about the nation challenges and they passed these same virus to the electorates too in a vicious cycle.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
Supreme Court should have listened to the case brought to them , do a normal proceedings to it and rule out their conclusion instead of outright dismissal of the case ....

Well,...Buhari has only three years to stop being the President of Nigeria and life goes on...

Nobody is going to stayvon earth forever
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Bahamas95(m): 1:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
1mrprolific7:
Since Buhari has been the most mentioned name in Nigeria this past year, I think Oxford Dictionary should consider creating a space for him in the dictionary.
For example:
Buhari: /boo-ha-ree/ adjective: hard, difficult, painful , troublesome, harsh, wicked, liar, bad, thief.
.Verb: Buhari.
. Past Tense: Buharied
. Present Continuous: Buharying
. Present Perfect: Buharise
E.g:
... Some girls always like to buharise things,
... The test was Buharistic,
... I had a very Buharied week.
# Buhari: To complicate, make things worse, unbearable.
E.g:
... Please don't come and Buharificate issues here.
... The only way to reduce applicants is to Buharify the process.
... How was your exam? It was Buharific !!!
Lol, I support this

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by Kuginzi: 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
In all manner of ramification, whoever d Igbo nation give its support to, fail woefully in any election(e.g GEJ, Saraki, Kwankwaso, Atiku, etc)
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by koffsman(m): 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2019
Our leadear are shameless souls who are o ly after their own selfish gains they all want to be in power to find a way to sign life contract like our so called heros have done with Coco cola and mobile industry Atiku should be ashamed after buying for himself almost the whole of the country now he still wants to rule us I can't just imagine having Atiku as president he owns Mikano that alone shows we will never have regular power supply in this country unless we the youth wake up and fight for our right

1 Like

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by SaintLucia: 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
There is a great difference between being defeated and being rigged out...

The two are separate scenarios
Atiku won in Biafraland doesn't mean he won the election.

1 Like

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
nothing here to talk about in this wrote up.....
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by roscoman: 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mr. Frederick,

With due respect I reacted to your tweet about Supreme Court judgement for February 2019 Presidential elections results.

Sir, If I was in Atiku Abubakar's shoes, I won't congratulate President Muhammad Bihari because from every corroborative and verifiable evidence, Atiku won that presidential election with more than two million votes.

Let me tell you, for any democratic government to survive, Judiciary has to be independent of executive. As long as Judiciary is still under the funding, appointment, controlling of Judiciary, democracy can not survive and can't grow under such a system as we are seeing now.

Yes President Goodluck Jonathan Congratulated President Muhammad Buhari then because the manipulation and falsification of figures with wide electoral malpractices then was not all that glaring.

Aside from that APC machineries was seriously working then about 60% of Nigeria population wanted Goodluck Jonathan to go by all means but they did not critically examine the capacity, ability, international politics and experience of their preferred alternative on ground then. But Nigerians don't know that all these vested interested guys that wants Johnathan go that time was just after their business and personal interest not that they love ordinary common man or they want Nigeria to move forward as a nation.

Mr. Frederick, all the time Muhammad Buhari lost to Obasanjo, Yar' Adua even Johnathan in a presidential elections, did Buhari congratulated any of them even after a longer legal battles ?.

Late former President Umar Musa Yar'Adua was also from Kastina State like Buhari, does Buhari congratulated him when he won 2007 Presidental elections even with a slight margin ?. So we should not be missing words as far as whether Atiku Abubakar should congratulates Buhari when it is glaring that both Inec and judiciary collaborated to give Atiku's votes to Buhari.

Having said all that, why did Buhari refused to signed electoral laws before 2019 general elections ?.

I rest my case here.
Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by adekolaelect(m): 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Atiku is coming 2023..
waoooo with coaster Bus from Cameron ??Haaaaaaaa Sorry Buhari had closed the land borders .

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by richie240: 5:37pm On Nov 03, 2019
mu2sa2:
Pre-2015 (and beyond) events has really exposed d real enemies of d state.
What has been exposed can never be 'unexposed'.
Long live (real & patriotic) Nigerians!
Long live pmb+oshibanjo!!
Long live Nigeria!!!

Re: Fredrick Nwabufo: What Atiku Can Learn From President Jonathan In Defeat by cutefashion: 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2019
Camouflage Steel Toe Indestructible Work Shoes

roscoman:
Mr. Frederick,

With due respect I reacted to your tweet about Supreme Court judgement for February 2019 Presidential elections results.

Sir, If I was in Atiku Abubakar's shoes, I won't congratulate President Muhammad Bihari because from every corroborative and verifiable evidence, Atiku won that presidential election with more than two million votes.

Let me tell you, for any democratic government to survive, Judiciary has to be independent of executive. As long as Judiciary is still under the funding, appointment, controlling of Judiciary, democracy can not survive and can't grow under such a system as we are seeing now.

Yes President Goodluck Jonathan Congratulated President Muhammad Buhari then because the manipulation and falsification of figures with wide electoral malpractices then was not all that glaring.

Aside from that APC machineries was seriously working then about 60% of Nigeria population wanted Goodluck Jonathan to go by all means but they did not critically examine the capacity, ability, international politics and experience of their preferred alternative on ground then. But Nigerians don't know that all these vested interested guys that wants Johnathan go that time was just after their business and personal interest not that they love ordinary common man or they want Nigeria to move forward as a nation.

Mr. Frederick, all the time Muhammad Buhari lost to Obasanjo, Yar' Adua even Johnathan in a presidential elections, did Buhari congratulated any of them even after a longer legal battles ?.

Late former President Umar Musa Yar'Adua was also from Kastina State like Buhari, does Buhari congratulated him when he won 2007 Presidental elections even with a slight margin ?. So we should not be missing words as far as whether Atiku Abubakar should congratulates Buhari when it is glaring that both Inec and judiciary collaborated to give Atiku's votes to Buhari.

Having said all that, why did Buhari refused to signed electoral laws before 2019 general elections ?.

I rest my case here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikpeazu To Give ₦1m For Information On Gunmen That Attacked Policemen In Aba / Breaking News: Kayode Tokunbo Is New Attorney General Of The Federation / Aisha Jumia Alhassan Exposed - Minister To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.