Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria (41902 Views)

NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / NTA Staff Wearing Makeup On Live TV (Photo) / Nigeria 2-1 Benin: Fans Criticise NTA Over Poor Video Broadcast Of Match(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by eunisam: 6:28am On Nov 04, 2019
Only 1 channel per week?
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:37am On Nov 04, 2019
NTA
That will be the best and the first thing that can ever come from NTA
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by bluefilm: 6:42am On Nov 04, 2019
Their shameful and perpetually poor picture quality will surely kill the fun and entertainment.
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by coolebux(m): 6:50am On Nov 04, 2019
Las las na any game aired on gotv na em NTA go show. grin
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by bropeee(m): 6:52am On Nov 04, 2019
If only the picture quality will be good
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by meobizy(f): 6:54am On Nov 04, 2019
Hahahahahahaha.
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 04, 2019
Hahaha. I am going to hang my antenna back. �
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by Grundig: 6:55am On Nov 04, 2019
If true, good news. Slowly but surely.

Dstv's monopoly will be broken someday
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 04, 2019
they use to show only one match before on NTA SORT24 Everysaturday but halts. i works with startimes,their partnership with NTA is a lame one,you can imagine STARTIMES broadcasting EPL match through NTA channel. jokers
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by SEGLIZ: 7:02am On Nov 04, 2019
samuelthaking:
They have no license, they have been liasing with kwese free sports for over a year, that channel shows a game during the weekend which could be useless games like stoke vs Birmingham etc, Nigeria is a scam, imagine an information minister saying this trash.
Those using star times would attest to my claims

it was on NTA I watched the Aston Villa Liverpool match. it is real I was surprised see it, I thought it was an old match remembered it match say.
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by ogododo: 7:09am On Nov 04, 2019
mercyokoro24:
THE Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) has acquired sub-licensed rights to one English Premier League fixture per match week.

The deal was brokered by Integral Sponsorship and Expe-riential Marketing, a Nigerian sports marketing company, after Infront agency sold rights on the public auction market.

The Nigerian footballing community has welcomed the news with opened arms and happy to be able to finally watch their favorite sports content tomorrow.

Source>>http://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/nta-acquires-right-to-broadcast-english.html

This not a new deal, we don de watch EPL on NTA More than 10 years ago, may be renewal they meant
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by deavicky(m): 7:16am On Nov 04, 2019
Instead to upgrade their picture quality they are going to buy write.
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by hush15: 7:19am On Nov 04, 2019
mercyokoro24:
THE Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) has acquired sub-licensed rights to one English Premier League fixture per match week.

The deal was brokered by Integral Sponsorship and Expe-riential Marketing, a Nigerian sports marketing company, after Infront agency sold rights on the public auction market.

The Nigerian footballing community has welcomed the news with opened arms and happy to be able to finally watch their favorite sports content tomorrow.

Source>>http://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/nta-acquires-right-to-broadcast-english.html

When last I watched NTA??
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by oriewanbe: 7:21am On Nov 04, 2019
When are they going to open up the digital TV space. The games they don't show on NTAi. I wonder why?
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2019
What of showing the Nigerian league?
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by Afamed: 7:41am On Nov 04, 2019
All these wailing children will definitely still turn to NTA to watch the match
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by gcof(m): 7:55am On Nov 04, 2019
Promismike:
Long over due.

Hope the picture quality will be OK.
that should be the concern and the match they will show
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by Koralords: 7:55am On Nov 04, 2019
WHy are people doubting this they where showing us couple of years ago one match per week 3pm kickoff
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by tillerwzb: 8:00am On Nov 04, 2019
Jumping up and down to beam premiership because of profit but u can't broadcast your own national league . the president wants us to buy local but an MDA won't buy local league . hypocrisy.
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by 752hub: 8:19am On Nov 04, 2019
But NTA currently shows 1 EPL match per week on Saturday, whats new?
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by jendhorlee(m): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2019
it's true. i watched Aston villa vs Liverpool on "NTA sports 24" on startimes last week Friday
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by LucemFerre: 8:28am On Nov 04, 2019
Promismike:
Long over due.

Hope the picture quality will be OK.

It would be a broadcast, na your TV you go ask that question
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 04, 2019
Jimi24:
Buhari is toooo much. Great disruptor. Asking the brutal questions. Getting the fundamental solutions.

This is a probable N100bn revenue stream if advertising is handle cleverly. So a cost center becomes a profit center.

PDP and supporters, hang your mouth open whilst the latest world bank loan and coming russian nuclear quick implementation project makes Nigeria a power exporter in 2024.

Who be this pikin, you think 4 yrs is enough to build a nuclear plant?
This govt is still struggling to complete lagos ibadan rail line after 4 yrs.
You better behave.
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by senrino(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2019
Foolish set of people!

Them don show our league matches finish? angry angry
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by litaninja(m): 9:15am On Nov 04, 2019
With Analog signals?
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 04, 2019
mercyokoro24:

Misleading heading. They have acquired license to show only one game per week Mtcheew!
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by samuelthaking(m): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2019
SEGLIZ:

it was on NTA I watched the Aston Villa Liverpool match. it is real I was surprised see it, I thought it was an old match remembered it match say.
they Aldo show big matches at times
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2019
naptu2:

The problem is not with the NTA, rather it is with the league.

The NTA has tried to buy rights to the league several times. They even signed a partnership with the league (https://www.nairaland.com/4041271/nta-signs-broadcast-production-agreement). However, it often seems like the League Management Committee prefer that Supersports shows the games. Besides, the league is not very organised (witness what happened to the league in 2018).

However, the NTA also shows Nigerian league games. I watched the last game of the 2017/2018 season (between MFM and El-Kanemi) on the NTA (Supersports showed the game in Jos).

Besides, the league currently has no title sponsor. Nigerian league games were shown on the NTA when Bournvita (1980s), Pepsi (1990s), Globacom (2000s) sponsored the league. The Aiteo Cup has recently been shown on the NTA also. The fact is that someone needs to pay for the NTA's airtime and there's nobody to do so at the moment. Integral has paid for the NTA's airtime and they intend to recoup their investment by selling advert spaces. It's business.

Thanks for the enlightment
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by naptu2: 9:45am On Nov 04, 2019
752hub:
But NTA currently shows 1 EPL match per week on Saturday, whats new?

Here's what's new.

NTA previously picked the signal for those games from Kwese Free Sports. Kwese Free Sports owned the rights.

However, the Kwese company collapsed around June this year.

Now a private Nigerian company (Integral) has partnered with the NTA to buy the free to air rights.
Re: NTA Acquires Right To Broadcast The English Premier League In Nigeria by TemiATM(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2019
With that low quality images?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Room On Fire As Occupants Watching BBNaija In The Sitting Room / Which Nigerian Skit Maker Is So Boring?? / Sammie: Whitemoney Will Win BBNaija 2021 (Season 6)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.