Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (45901 Views)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
Passionate888:
Lies, it can never happen in the South-South and South-East regions, a governor 'compensating' his thugs with the sweat of the common man. These things can only happen in Lagos. I don't even think it can happen in Kwara

You need to be careful of the news you put out there: if the Governor wants to reward his 'boys', there are far more effective ways of making it happen.

Land cases are always very bitter, acrimonious, and the protracted nature of cases before Nigerian courts dont help - one case would spend several decades before getting to a logical conclusion. A friend's great grandfather's estate somewhere in Oregun was usurped by a then very prominent lawyer who was also the family's lawyer close to 60 years ago. The lawyer himself (a super respected SAN) has been dead for over 12 years now, my friend's grandmum (who along with her siblings initiated the case) is also dead, and the case has now been inherited by my friend's parents, Uncles and Aunts who are now well in their 60s; if this generation dies as well, the great-grand-children (my Friend and his Cousins) of the estate's original owner would inherit the case,

Now the sad part is that the entire estate has been built on by several families that have lived there for decades - mostly oblivious of the court case that has been on for even longer. If my Friend's family wins this case and moves in to enforce, would you also say that the Governor is rewarding his boys?

My company owns a ridiculous amount of land after Sangotedo which has been extensively encroached on with close to (if not more than) 100 houses erected there. We have won the case in different levels of the judiciary to repossess; when this eventually happens, are we also going to blame the government?

Any land or property that does not have a C of O is a time-bomb waiting to happen, that's the honest truth.
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
vivalavida:
One reason I won't buy land in this Lagos is this

Only buy land with C of O, and you would be fine.
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by obo389(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2019
Congrats @op.
Your information is on punch newspaper.
Hope the government will act on this sad incident fast.
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Andhominem: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2019
atilla:

Thanks for the clarification and wise info. Without people like u some people will start saying next Lagos belongs to the northern people. I was confused when I read Idumota and Idumagbo are not yoruba words.
To add to your post, Agidingbi is one of those areas the origin of their name came from an event that occurred.
See below

Agidingbi
The British Naval forces invaded Lagos in 1885 under the pretext of stopping slavery and human sacrifice. The noise their canon made was really loud, and the sound was heard round the streets of Lagos Island. The people described the sound as “A gb din gbinnn”. Which means a loud groundbreaking noise. The name Agidingbi was borne out of this.
Source. https://nigeriarealestatehub.com/history-behind-names-popular-places-lagos.html/

Thanks bro. I have learnt something new.
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Kennyswagz2: 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
Chukapage:
Oga SS be like na new Lagos now abi?? Why do you F**ls like speaking for people that don't give a f"ck about you? Last time I checked a huge number of Igbos are from SS go and eat awo rat poison if e pain u!! SE/SS guy go and by rope and use your fan. DIE! grin
what is this useless and foolish yamree talking heregringringringrin igbos in SS are just migrants just like ijaws and urhobo in edogringringrin..
Stop forcefully attaching your pathetic selves to SSgringrin they are not yamrees and will never be gringringringrin.. stay on your own.. are you guys afraid of having a biafra that will be landlocked, full of red mud, erosion ravagegringrin and worst will be so tiny for a 40m+ people that you guys will have to live on top each other gringringringringrin

Ewu gambiasmileysmileysmileycheesycheesygringringrinangryangrygringringrin
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Martin0(m): 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2019
gypsey:
yea, i know. keep plenty money wey we go spend oo!

if you go come Na,coz e dey do me like say I go enter villa that kin 30/31 ooo coz work yakpa wey I never finish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Demolishes Adebutu Kessignton, Baba-Ijebu's 4-storey Building / Portfolio Of Seasoned Builder/engineer / The Safest And Most Private Estates In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.