Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn (7152 Views)

Nigeria’s Crude Oil Exports Dropped By N372.8bn In Third Quarter – NBS / The Simple Phones Billionaire Femi Otedola Uses (photo) / Jimon Ibrahim Against Dangote / Otedola -- This Is A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by babasin(m): 12:20pm On May 28, 2007
Dangote was key financer of OBJ in 1999.

If Dangote money is geniue, he should build his own refinery from scrap!

The point is the money used, are money stolen by OBJ & Co and Dangote front for them.

These are not fund hard-work for!

There is nothing new in all these; only Nigerians have been pauperized they can see.
Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by ijogbon(m): 1:42pm On May 28, 2007
@above post
yawnnnnn

In this generation of Nigerians we still have people who dont understand the intrecacies of politics and business.

1) I agree wholeheartedly with you that Dangote is a thief (rolls eyes) and he is fronting for OBJ. OK. Are you happy now? Fine.
Answer - At least the money is in Nigeria not in a swiss account making money for the swiss. The refinery is in Nigeria and not in Gambia or is it Sierra Leone making petrol from OUR crude oil illegally acquired and then sold back to us at a premium!!! (Abacha did that yes!!! Unipetrol now owns the refinery). If Nigerians want they can reclaim the refinery, boycot its products and ruin it or bomb it as I am sure your Niger delta brothers are planning!

2) I also agree that the Refinery was sold to Dangote and Otedola thru 'man-know-man'.
Answer - Pray tell me, did you not read that they were the HIGHEST BIDDERS? Abi why have the people who bid higher than them and didnt win not come forward?

"If we are crying we should still be able to see"
Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by ibkn(m): 3:31pm On May 28, 2007
let me be a little bit explicit, pardon moi seun osewa.
between obj f/otedola and dangote/ jimovia nigeria is getting the best Mouth Gig in her 47 years. they are sucking all the juice but not giving us any pleasure, ciao.
Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by tng(f): 4:50pm On May 31, 2007
He's just the front for the other big dudes behind. possibly barons. He's just the most credible so he has to do the fronting. You thtink he made all his money just from the business you see around?
[quote][/quote]
WORD!

God help our "few people running things" economy
Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by ono(m): 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2007
Onijogbon is still talking about highest bidders. Well, if they have so much money to bid with, why can't they just go and build a brand new refinery somewhere else and leave the ones already built with our resources?

I ask this question because I think the money they are putting up there as theirs is not really there. I smell rat in the whole deal.
Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by ola4u: 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2007
This is good and great , At least, He is providing Jobs for Nigerians and pay them well, come and see some of this Companies bought by Oyinbos how they are doing Nigerians , Come to ND and something for your self ,

I beg biko, Who can assist me to get Job in Dangote group ,
Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by hejire(m): 7:39pm On Jun 04, 2007
DANGOTE, OTEDOLA, JIM OVIA, JIMOH IBRAHIM, You guys should watch your back because KEHINDE OLORUNFEMI is coming!!! Nigeria is yet to see,
Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by dj4wealth: 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2007
PROUDLY NIGERIAN!!!

Capital flight coming to an end gradually.
Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by denex: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2007
God Bless Dangote!!

Anybody that is against the sale of that defunct refinery is in support of importation of refined fuels. Don't you know that by 2010, we're not only planning to be independent of refining petroleum products, we're actually heading towards exporting petroleum products in lieu of crude oil.
Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by hyipmoney(f): 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2007
I'll soon be buying things like that, even Nigeria grin
Re: Dangote, Otedola Buy Port Harcourt Refinery For N71.8bn by watchung: 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2007
I think they got both refineries a little bit on the cheap side but i'm not against the sale as a matter of fact its about time. Government needs to sell itself completely off these failed enterprises and let the private sector run the show. As a matter of fact subsidies on petroleum products need to be removed for a period of time to see its effect. I believe if this is done there would be investments in refineries which would lead to growth and competition in the sector. We absolutely need to stop importing refined products because it is such a waste of money.

Ps. we are sitting on one of the largest reserves in the world and we are importing fuel? what a shame.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Drags FIRS To Tribunal Over Taxation Of N330bn Fine / SME30 Challenge To Reward Small Business Owners In Nigeria / Need To Know Of some Nigerian Car Leasing Companies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.