Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering (38605 Views)

EFCC Arrests Banker For Stealing Customer's Money (Photo) / Man Beats His Wife Over Nagging In Rivers (Disturbing Photos) / Man Butchered His Wife Over Misunderstanding (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by CyberWolf: 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
ussv:
The good thing about money laundering be say e get paper trail no matter how long e take, i bet you some people that have helped launder money from overseas in the past would be shitting on their pants right now.
The man is a novice, this na BEC money, who uses Nigeria account to receive that? Guys are using China, UAE, Singapore. Once money enter there, it’s over. And major problems pickers don’t use same account twice because they usually close the account once the transaction is completed.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
CyberWolf:
Without those intel, EFCC wouldn’t have arrested them.

So you are saying that EFCC has always collected intel from the FBI. Even the arrests they've been making long before the Invictus saga?

Underestimating the EFCC.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by mechanics(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
The man can't be trusted with customers money at all, he has tarnish his image he built since all this while he has been working with the bank.
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by CyberWolf: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
FrLukas:

So you are saying that EFCC has always collected intel from the FBI. Even the arrests they've been making long before the Invictus saga?

Underestimating the EFCC.
I say big burst, read and comprehend before you argue.
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by Soul47(m): 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
cruzydal:

You sound very ignorant . Bros they do call. You will just be there saying rubbish who get time for ur small 5k . If bankers wan chop money it enters millions not all dose ur small 1k

He is not totally wrong here, those contract staff in the bulk room or elsewhere can be deadly at times

I remember when I made a mistake of omitting 50k in my teller but the money was there

The lady counted everything but never called my attention to it

It was later in the day my Boss asked me the amount I paid, I presented the customer teller and she told me its wrong

I had to go back to the bank and the banker, after denying it, did urgent balancing of her books and paid me back

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by cruzydal(m): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
Awesomefred32:

who sold your brain
you must be stupid for saying that
Like I said earlier you sound ignorant .broke people always think they have an opinion
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
CyberWolf:
I say big burst, read and comprehend before you argue.

Big burst? Lol. Abeg, let me be. I am not in the mood to argue. If you are in the mood you can turn to google and research about EFCC's achievements under Ribadu.
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by cruzydal(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
Soul47:

He is not totally wrong here, those contract staff in the bulk room or elsewhere can be deadly at times

I remember when I made a mistake of omitting 50k in my teller but the money was there

The lady counted everything but never called my attention to it

It was later in the day my Boss asked me the amount I paid, I presented the customer teller and she told me its wrong

I had to go back to the bank and the banker, after denying it, did urgent balancing of her books and paid me back
Perhaps she didn’t know . But she gave you back right ??
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by CyberWolf: 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
FrLukas:

Big burst? Lol. Abeg, let me be. I am not in the mood to argue. If you are in the mood you can turn to google and research about EFCC's achievements under Ribadu.
Go and sleep, you no get point.
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by cruzydal(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
Awesomefred32:
If you wants to see real Thieves.......They are bankers
Yahoo Members..........Bankers...........

Just go to the bank to deposite money to someones account just do little mistake in the account number.........bankers will never call you to tell you that the account number is wrong..........Boom they will just eat your money....

Thieves
Read this again .does it make sense . If u had said deposited it into a wrong account it would have been better .the thing is that most unexposed people or illiterates like you feel that way so I don’t really blame u. How can u make little mistake in account number and boom bankers eat ur money ? Does it make sense to you ? Sometimes you don’t blame bankers u know how many people they attend to daily ? Do you know the time they leave d bank that dey should start calling one by one ? It seems u havnt worked or have friends that work in banks before .be guided

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by andrewbaba44: 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
RichDad1:
So many big men and women are on this table.
EFCC should visit 1004 housing estate and see something. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
The truth is those who are waiting to steal are more than those stealing presently.

Agreed

And the funny part they claim to be the legit people while there is difference between them and fraudsters
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by Soul47(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
cruzydal:

Perhaps she didn’t know . But she gave you back right ??

She returned it.

But with accuracy of bankers I doubt she had no idea the money was in excess.

I'm just saying the guy is not wrong by saying bankers take advantage of customers mistakes and ignorance; especially when they feel they can't be caught.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by Soul47(m): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
cruzydal:

Read this again .does it make sense . If u had said deposited it into a wrong account it would have been better .the thing is that most unexposed people or illiterates like you feel that way so I don’t really blame u. How can u make little mistake in account number and boom bankers eat ur money ? Does it make sense to you ? Sometimes you don’t blame bankers u know how many people they attend to daily ? Do you know the time they leave d bank that dey should start calling one by one ? It seems u havnt worked or have friends that work in banks before .be guided

I'm laughing right now...

His second paragraph is a no no...
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by LaIabobo: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
jaxxy:
He was a Agm in a bank what did he need to do internet fraud again for?

This matter ehn, let's just be careful in our business dealings.

Because I can bet that they wouldn't use personal account if they knew the money was fraudulent. He's a banker and can easily use a dormant or deceased customer account to launder the money.

Yahoo boys always need account to launder their stolen money. They'll never use their account. And they don't mind giving you 50% cut.

They can come meet you to supply 10 cars to them at a very juicy price and to pay you, they move the stolen funds directly to your account, while they part away with the cars.

That's what Mompha and 606autos did and it landed them in trouble.

It can also happen to anyone selling something. Don't be carried away because someone wanna buy a lots of good and makes you a juicy offer.

Just sure that before giving out one's account details for payment, a seller knows the customer well and have done proper due diligence. Because seller won't know where the money is coming from, all the seller knows of credit alert and he'll release the goods to the buyer.

At best, Bank Draft remains the safest form of cashless payment.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by jaxxy(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
LaIabobo:

This matter ehn, let's just be careful in our business dealings.

Because I can bet that they wouldn't use personal account if they knew the money was fraudulent. He's a banker and can easily use a dormant or deceased customer account to launder the money.

Yahoo boys always need account to launder their stolen money. They'll never use their account. And they don't mind giving you 50% cut.

They can come meet you to supply 10 cars to them at a very juicy price and to pay you, they move the stolen funds directly to your account, while they part away with the cars.

That's what Mompha and 606autos did and it landed them in trouble.

It can also happen to anyone selling something. Don't be carried away because someone wanna buy a lots of good and makes you a juicy offer.

Just sure that before giving out one's account details for payment, a seller knows the customer well and have done proper due diligence. Because seller won't know where the money is coming from, all the seller knows of credit alert and he'll release the goods to the buyer.

At best, Bank Draft remains the safest form of cashless payment.

That is true as a banker he shud know better than use his personal account for such bt then what else cud have happened exactly.

As for dealers or businessmen selling goods even if they pay u with fraud money aslong as u parted with ur goods based on a valid transaction I don’t see what u have done wrong. U can’t know all people who approach u for business even if u investigate them it’s also
Possible u might not find anything. The major thing is a valid and genuine transaction of ur goods took place.

It’s like saying the guys who use fake credit card to pay for items abroad, then the law enforcement goes after the sales companies who goods or cars where purchased with such cards. How exactly will they know?

A civilized country shudnt harrass the seller unless they have reason to believe u were in on the deal.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by beresponsible(m): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
Maldini213:

You are swimming in poverty

Hustle oooo
Na your whole family generation dey swim in poverty. Dirty yahoo boy. When you have nothing to say

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by volo112: 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
So far, the investigation revealed that Naomi met one Michael Uziewe (who is still at large) in Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America, sometime in 2016, and introduced her to foreign exchange business.

Through this encounter, Naomi and her banker husband turned their two registered companies, Marhoni General Services Limited and Multaid Plus Limited, into a conduit for the dispersal of funds wired by Uziewe, who allegedly owns Global Investment network.

Naomi, in statements volunteered to the Commission, confirmed she had been receiving monies in Dollars, with instructions to pay the naira equivalent into accounts provided by Uziewe.

Facts have also emerged that each time Naomi receives the Dollar transfers, she makes over the counter withdrawals, in breach of financial regulations that such transactions go through the financial system, and sell them to Bureau de Change operators for Naira equivalents.

Rowly Isioro, a banker of over 22 years of experience has also confessed that he was aware that his wife met someone in the United States of America, who sends her Dollars, while she pays the naira equivalent to various accounts on the instruction of the US-based partner.

Rowly was allegedly relieved of his appointment with the bank as a result of his involvement in the money laundering scheme

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by Starz825(m): 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
Many of this big men u see around ehn thinking God did partial..many of them are into different vices.... kidnapping, charms (collect money from pple and commanding them to never come for it again in life), armed robbery, rituals, money laundering, fraud...

May God help us
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by cruzydal(m): 6:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
Soul47:

She returned it.

But with accuracy of bankers I doubt she had no idea the money was in excess.

I'm just saying the guy is not wrong by saying bankers take advantage of customers mistakes and ignorance; especially when they feel they can't be caught.
Your point of view is better.like you giving the banker excess cash and him posting lesser amount .its very normal . But saying wrong account number then the banker eats the money won’t you come back for your money? It’s even more work for the banker sef . Haba

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by millionboi2: 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
beresponsible:
Dem go buy fine things, build fine fine houses and be multiple landlords, we go dey bow, some go dey lie for ground for them not knowing say they are all thieves
hmmmmmn

Naija

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by platido(m): 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
A pretty woman....messing around such Shame
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by ussv: 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
CyberWolf:
The man is a novice, this na BEC money, who uses Nigeria account to receive that? Guys are using China, UAE, Singapore. Once money enter there, it’s over. And major problems pickers don’t use same account twice because they usually close the account once the transaction is completed.
But that would still be a problem for the foreign account that receives it . All na still trail. Several Nigerians are in trouble here in America for collecting money on behalf of boys wey don chop and forget am for naija. Some of the transactions are as far back as 6 years ago.
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by CyberWolf: 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
ussv:

But that would still be a problem for the foreign account that receives it . All na still trail. Several Nigerians are in trouble here in America for collecting money on behalf of boys wey don chop and forget am for naija. Some of the transactions are as far back as 6 years ago.
Of course, the thing is that those boys knew exactly what they were getting into unlike this woman here that may not even know what the money was all about. I suspect the husband being a big man in the bank has been helping boys clear funds so maybe one of the boys needed account and he dabbled into it because of the percentage involved. Foolish man
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by Legendguru: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
Oh
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
CyberWolf:
Go and sleep, you no get point.
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by sisisioge: 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
Chai! I sha no like wahala kobo! Which kind money I dey chase fa
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by izibili44: 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
Caseless:
angry

The Mumu even used his wife account to receive it.
NA GREED
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by Richy150(m): 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
RichDad1:
So many big men and women are on this table.
EFCC should visit 1004 housing estate and see something. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
The truth is those who are waiting to steal are more than those stealing presently.

Bodija, Ibadan?
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by RichDad1(m): 5:19am On Nov 05, 2019
Richy150:

Bodija, Ibadan?
cheesy
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by phrances17: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Awesomefred32:

Bro don't tell me is not true..

Cus i have seen that happen
it has happened to me

Okay
Re: EFCC Arrests Banker And His Wife Over $1.49m Money Laundering by Kyari79(m): 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
See their mouths

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Officers Forced Man At Gun Point To Withdraw N140,000 From Atm / JSS 3 Cult Leader In Lagos, 16 Others Arrested (Photo) / How Customs Officer Impregnated Me, Absconded –15-year-old Katsina Pupil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.