Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,753 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

The Fractured Bliss - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Fractured Bliss (617 Views)

Paradise, A Twin Bliss Resort Comedy Preview. / Twisted Bliss / Tales Of Bliss (erotica) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fractured Bliss by Defavouredkings(m): 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
EPISODE 1
The rain came early in April, the weather was cold (due to the rain) and questions about the previous night was hovering the air. The place was filled with people jostling for firsthand information.

The police were everywhere searching for the best and possible report from anyone who was willing to give.

Bishop’s Statement

At about 3am on the 4th of April 2012, I heard screams that woke me up. The noise was coming from my neighbours compound. I called my friends and the security around, but they wouldn’t interfere at that ungodly hour. So, I decided to go and see if I could help. I guess I was late, because on getting there Mr. Fakumo was already in a pool of blood

Mrs. Fakumo’s Statement

My husband came back late at about 2am on that day. I asked him where he was coming from; instead of giving me an answer, he slapped me and said he has been hearing stories of my infidelity. I told him not to turn tables and give me an answer instead he started beating me to tell him the truth. He kept on beating me with no intention of stopping. So, I decided to run in a bid to defend myself.

I told him not to come closer, but he wouldn’t listen, I had no choice than to shoot. I did not intend to kill him

05/04/2012

The Salon

At about noon on a Saturday, the salon was filled with different ladies (high classed) who were either already in the dryer or making their hair and nails. Just as their hair was being made, their lips were not left out as they were entangled in both gossips and discussions. There was a trio of interest who were not like the others. Their conversation was in a low tone as matured people should behave in public Salon conversation

Girl 1: there is this guy I heard just moved into the estate. He’s hot, handsome, single and I heard he has biceps like C- Ronaldo

Girl 2: where did you hear that gist from?

Girl1: I heard some girls talking about him at the pool yesterday

Girl 3: what else did they say?

Girl 1: that he keeps to himself, not really interested in women

Girl 3: guess he is gay

Girl 1: ewww, that will be a waste of fine boy.

Girl 2: guess he hasn’t seen our kind

Girl 3: did you by chance get his address

They all giggled, the attendant interrupted them saying…. aunty I don ready oh.

Girl 1: Sure, he stays on road 12……

Girl 2: shhh, later (gesticulating an end to the conversation)

Ada stood up from her chair smiling at the image of herself in the mirror. She paid the attendant and turned to walk out but she stopped by where the other two ladies were seated and said in a low voice;

Ada: Goodluck in your search for C-Ronaldo in Nigeria

The girls couldn’t stop laughing as Ada stepped out of the salon.

Girl 1: your hair looks beautiful……

Weeks later, bishop was at the gym working out tirelessly to keep form. At a distant he saw 3 girls looking his way in a seductive manner. All he could do was smile back at them and looked away. Minutes later, he took off his shirt and headed for the pool.

FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-fractured-bliss-1/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Fractured Bliss by Defavouredkings(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
EPISODE 2

FRIDAY NIGHT 09/05/2012
Bayo called at about 8pm that he was in town and on his way home but stuck in traffic

Bayo: My love

Ada: what now?

Bayo: can you please prepare a hot meal for me?

Ada: at this time of the night? Am tired

Bayo: please am hungry and crave for a decent meal. Not that Okpa and Abacha

Ada: what would you love to eat?

Bayo: How about semovita

Ada: I’ll get it ready

Bayo: that’s why I love you

Ada: please don’t start and be careful

After dinner Ada and Bayo were lying on the bed when Bayo said

Bayo: sweetheart, that trip we planned for this weekend; I think we should postpone it till next week

Ada: (sitting up) she said why?

Bayo: am feeling too tired of taking a trip tomorrow. I worked very hard down there and need all the rest I can get.

Ada: no problem, as long as we still have to do it.

Bayo: hope you are not angry with me?

Ada: why should I be? (she said turning to him and rubbing her hand against his beard). I won’t want you to be sleeping during our getaway.

Bayo was stunned at her response

Bayo: thank you and Goodnight (he said kissing her)

Bayo laid on his back facing the ceiling still surprised at the way his wife took the news about the postponement. Its unlike her. He made the sign of the cross and dosed off.

MONDAY 12/03/2012

It was dawn already, Bayo woke up and found his wife staring down at him from across the bed.

Bayo: what? He sat up in a flash

Ada: nothing

Bayo: why the stare?

Ada: just felt like staring

Bayo: please don’t do that again; you scared me (he said standing up)

Ada: I just wanted to know how gracious you look when you sleep

Bayo: so, how gracious did I look?

Ada: I don’t know since you decided to spoil the fun. Now stand up and prepare for work else you will be late.

Bayo: I don’t feel like going today

Ada: you just have to because the kids are almost ready (she said swinging the car key)

During lunch, Bayo and his colleague were at the canteen eating and munching when Bayo decided to share his Abakaliki experience

Bayo: I didn’t see anything good to eat in that town. Every corner is Okpa and Abacha

Coll 1: I heard your site is close to the university

Bayo: yes, I saw it from a distance he said

Coll 2: So apart from work, what else did you do

Bayo: what else? He quizzed.

Coll 1: so, no extracurricular activities? (he said gesticulating with his left hand)

Bayo: as in? he responded

Coll 2: are trying to say you were all alone for 3 days; hmmm

Bayo: I went alone, who do you expect me to be with again?

Coll 1: innocent like you

Coll 2: well, I was just asking

Bayo: Abeg, people are different, and I happily married

They all laughed

Coll 1: last I checked adultery was meant for adults, most especially married people

Coll 2: tell him my brother

Bayo: you are both on your own in that regard; please say something else

Coll 1: we bumped into your family during our site visit while you were away

Bayo: really, where?

Coll 2: KFC

Coll 1: she was radiating

Bayo: be careful, that’s my wife you are talking about (he said raising his hand with a mould of eba)

Coll 2: can’t you take a compliment on her behalf?

Coll 1: the kids were not looking bad as well, you are really working

Bayo: thank you

Coll 2: there was this guy she was with; her schoolmate or so

Coll 1 stamped coll 2’s feet underneath the table indicating that was not a necessary inclusion in their conversation

Coll 2: she complained bitterly that we sent you out of town

Bayo: if not for the kids, she would have tagged along

Coll 1: A wife is meant to be jealous

Coll 2: checking his watch said lets head back to the office

At the office Coll 1 pulled coll 2 to the rest room and was not looking happy at all.

Coll 1: what is so important that you can’t say in the office

Coll 2: you shouldn’t have told Bayo that you saw his wife with another man, it was uncalled for.

Coll 1: it slipped, I really wish I could take it back

Coll 2: that was too sloppy

Coll 1: do you think he will read meaning to it?

Coll 2: people are of different characters, who knows

Coll 1: I pray he doesn’t, I just wanted to elongate the conversation

MONDAY NIGHT

After dinner, the family shared the grace and the children retired to their rooms.

Ada: so how was work today?

Bayo: fine, I had to give a presentation based on my project supervision in Ebonyi state

Ada: hope you killed them?

Bayo: I wish they would die. The both giggled

Ada: how is Segun and Tayo?

Bayo: they are fine,

Ada: I ran into them last week at KFC

Bayo: they told me; we went out for lunch together

Ada: bachelors and restaurants

Bayo: they said you almost beat them up

Ada: they were lucky we were at a public place. How will they send you out of the state and remain in town? They are still single and have liberty to move around. Unlike you that is married and have people waiting for you to come back.

FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-fractured-bliss-2/
Re: The Fractured Bliss by Defavouredkings(m): 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
EPISODE 3

Later that evening the children were seated watching tv. Bayo was at the dining reading a book when Ada’s phone rang. She ask to know who was calling and her husband responded that it was Bishop. She screeched from the kitchen to the dinning and wrestled the phone from her husband.

Bishop: Ada Owerri

Ada: good evening (she giggled while she went back to the kitchen)

Bishop: you have not been picking my calls

Ada: I have been kind of busy

Bishop: is your husband back from work?

Ada: yes, he is back (she said going back towards the dining). Lest I forget, thank you for the gift. It was perfect. I was surprised

Bishop: when have I never surprised you? You deserve better than that

Ada: this one is ok; my husband would like to talk to you

Bishop: why do you want to set me up for just a small gift

Ada: you dey fear? Bread (a name she calls him back in school when he acted silly

Bishop: Bread!! You no dey forget something?

Bayo: Mr. Bishop good evening

Bishop: good evening sir

Bayo: please stop the formalities and call me Bayo

Bishop: okay sir, sorry.

Bayo: I want to really show my profound gratitude for the wedding gift you gave us. Words cannot express how we feel

Bishop: it’s nothing, I am sorry it’s coming late

Bayo: it’s better late, otherwise we won’t know it’s worth

Bishop: don’t mention. Congratulations on marrying the most beautiful girl I a have ever known.

Bayo: maybe one of these days we can hangout if you don’t mind

Bishop: not at all. I will take a rain check on that

Bayo: no problem, good night (he handed the phone back to Ada)

Bishop: you try well, this set up will not work

Ada: how?

Bishop: he said we should hangout

Ada: he is a party rider just like you

Bishop: those times have passed. My own Eze now goes to church

Ada: na you sabi

Bishop: I will go only one condition

Ada: what might that be

Bishop: you are tagging along

Ada: till then

Bishop: goodnight

Ada: my mum extends her greetings

Bishop: say me hi to her. Send her number so I can put a call across to her

Ada: will send it later.

Everything was blissful all thanks to Bishop. Ada has been keeping her distance from Bishop. But couldn’t for long as he insisted on seeing her, but she knew how vulnerable she was around him. She decided to invite her sister in-law Kemi. She’s single and will make a perfect distraction.

Kemi was the perfect distraction. Kemi has been fully briefed about Bishop, so it was Ada personified. When Kemi went back to school, Bishop will call Ada and asked to see her in respect to Kemi but she always turned him down saying you are matured enough to know what you want.

On a certain day, Bishop met Ada at the estate supermarket and they were tagged a couple as they forgot about shopping and talked till they both lost track of time. Ada lost her defenses and let his thoughts creep back in. Kemi’s discussion came up but it was not compared to what they had to say to their self.

Months passed, Everything went back to normal. But Ada and Bishop were waxing stronger in the absence of Kemi.

Kemi couldn’t stay away for too long before she hurried back to town. Kemi once told Ada that she feels Bishop is running away from something or towards something. He feels disconnected from his family and barely have friends.

Ada debunked it saying he just came back to the country and with the bad things crawling around, one needs to be careful. You must really know him Kemi said. Ada, tell me about your school days. Ada was reluctant at first but Kemi insisted and Ada bulged. She told her about the Chemistry that was between them and how she friend zoned him while they were in school.

Ada brought out old picture which had Bishop in almost all of them. Kemi was wowed as the pictures will only affirm they are dating. But Ada was defensive and since she is married to Bayo with kids, Kemi had no option than to believe her side of the story.

After a while, Bayo will come home reeking of alcohol. When asked, he would just sigh and head for the room. Sometimes he doesn’t even eat his meal, and this got Ada worried. The kids were no longer his priority. He would bark at them as if they were strangers bothering his life.

A house that once gave comfort and housed normal people suddenly became a house on fire. There were irregular arguments, shouting at odd hours. Ada has asked a thousand times, what really was the matter but Bayo never gave a definite answer but he kept saying “ soon you will know”.

Ada went through everything in the last month and found nothing she had done wrong. She decided to ignore and endure these trials without lamentation, hoping that one day Bayo will come back to his senses and they will enjoy the bliss of their marriage again.

FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/fractured-bliss-3/
Re: The Fractured Bliss by Ann2012(f): 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: The Fractured Bliss by Defavouredkings(m): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
EPISODE 4

Three hours later, the police arrived. Mr. Fakumo was placed on Intensive Care Unit, while Mrs. Fakumo was treated for bruises. The police asked a question and Bishop answered immediately

Bishop: It’s a case of domestic violence

Police: and you are?

Bishop: Friend of the family and neighbour (pointing at their neighbour)

The police got their address and promised to come as soon as it was dawn, and they wanted their full cooperation. Not long, Bishop and the neighbour took Ada home and made sure she was well settled before they left for their houses.

At dawn, the weather was cold (due to the rain) and questions about the previous night was hovering the air. The place was filled with people jostling for firsthand information.

The police were everywhere searching for the best and possible report from anyone was willing to give.

Mrs Fakumo’s Statement

My husband came back late at about 2am on that day. I asked him where he was coming from; instead of giving me an answer, he slapped me and said he has been hearing stories of my infidelity. I told him not to turn tables and give me an answer instead he started beating me to tell him the truth. He kept on beating me with no intention of stopping. So I decided to run in a bid to defend myself.

I told him not to come closer, but he wouldn’t listen, I had no choice than to shoot. I did not intend to kill him

Bishop’s Statement

At about 3am on the 4th of april 2012, I heard screams that woke me up. The noise was coming from my neighbours compound. I called my friends and the security around, but they wouldn’t interfere at that ungodly hour. So, I decided to go and see if I could help. I guess I was late, because on getting there Mr. Fakumo was already in a pool of blood.

That morning, Bayo’s parents arrived after Kemi told them there was a fight and a gun was involved. They met the house in a mess and asked to see their soon and was told that he was in the hospital. Kemi narrated what transpired but as her parents read the situation, it was their son that was hospitalized. So, he was the victim. The father hurriedly went to the hospital to check on his son but could only be allowed to see him through the glass. Bayo he exclaimed

Bayo’s mum was in the house harassing Ada but Kemi came to her defense only to be called a bastard for not defending her brother. Ada’s mother arrived and located her child all covered in plasters and bandages. She picked her daughter up and went into the room only to find it more messed up than the sitting room.

Door broken, congealed blood on the floor, window shattered. She had no time to ask questions but became tidying the house. Kemi joined her but Bayo’s mother was just lamenting about the conspiracy to kill her son. Finally, when she noticed nobody had her time, she joined her husband in the hospital. She was finally asked to leave the hospital because she was cursing, shouting and disturbing everyone in white that walked pass her.

On Monday of the next week, Bayo’s mother stomped the house with policemen with an arrest warrant for Ada and Bishop for the attempted murder of Mr Fakumo. Everything took a new twist. Ada’s mum confronted her but Bayo’s mum said “my son cannot be in medical prison and she is here enjoying herself. They will be there until my son comes back to life and we hear his part of the story.

The press was not left out, their report on this matter was exclusive

The Punch – Man murdered by wife and boyfriend

The Sun – Woman and lover shoot husband

The Tide – Man hospitalized after surviving gunshot from wife and lover boy

Bayo was in the hospital for about a week while Ada and Bishop were in police custody for the same duration. Bayo just came back to life and his mother was compounding his health as regards decisions taken on his behalf while he was in coma. He asked of his wife, but nobody gave him a reply. There was too much noise emanating from the room, then a nurse came in and ushered them all out. Kemi was the only left to stay back.

Kemi was seating beside her brother but concentrating on the network news on the television. She stole glances at her brother until at one point, their eyes met. Then Bayo broke the silence.

Bayo: what is all that look for?

Kemi: can’t I look at you again? She retorted

Bayo: if there is something bugging you why not say it

Kemi: there’s nothing, I am just disappointed at what you did to your wife (Ada)

Bayo: what did I do? Am I not the one lying here.

Kemi: does being here exonerate you from what you did? She and her friend are at the station suffering for your baseless suspicions.

Bayo: you had better put your mouth where it concerns you young lady (he snarled at her sitting up)

Silence engulfed the room for some minutes. Then Kemi continued

Kemi: I was there, I saw it all. How it started. You didn’t even remember I was coming that day. (she continued without stopping). The person you were up against was the same person who risked his life in the dead of the night to rush your lifeless body to the hospital. He did it because he loved your wife but that was ages ago.

Hope you are okay because the condition for granting them bail is your recovery. (Bayo was quiet listening to Gods voice). You came in all drunk and accusing her. You hit her first, I saw everything. I just couldn’t interfere because I was ashamed of you. My brother, a woman beater. I was irritated.

FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-fractured-bliss-4/
Re: The Fractured Bliss by Defavouredkings(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
EPISODE 5

On the day of the court hearing, everything went on smoothly but there was a mild drama in court. All parties involved were present. Ada and Bishop as the accused on one side while Bayo was at the other end with his family. The presiding judge came in with a stern face and took her seat. As the case was being called, she hushed the clerk.

Judge: I am very interested in this case and now I am seeing an application for withdrawal. Woman, why is he the one suing you in the first place? You should be the one suing him. This is a case of domestic violence and it is in no way tolerated in the society (she said in a loud voice so that everyone will hear).

Mr. Bayo, you are lucky you did not die from that gunshot. I would have dismissed this case on the grounds of self-defense. That you want to settle out of court is not an excuse to resort to violence. Ada I will give you my number, any day he as much as threaten you verbally. Just call and he will be reprimanded. Application granted! She said hitting her gavel

Bayo heaved a sigh of relieve because the way the judge was venting, he thought the application would be denied. Ada met Bayo outside the courtroom and delivered a message from her family

Ada: now that the case has been withdrawn, my people have asked to see you and your people over the weekend to trash out this issue and find a lasting solution.

Bayo: okay, I will tell them

Ada: see you then.

It was weekend and all road led to Ada’s house. Bayo and his entourage arrived at noon and noticed there was a mini preparation for the guest.

When everyone was in assembly, Bishop also arrived with his sister and some friends. Bayo felt uneasy on seeing Bishop. He is not supposed to be here. He thought

Ada’s mother hugged Bishop with so much adulation. This got him jealous, but he had no choice than to focus on the matter at hand. Everyone was seated, and the meeting began

An elderly rose and introduced himself as Uncle Ken.

Ken: we have come and arranged this setting just as it was during your first visit here i.e. your introduction. There is an addition he said pointing towards Bishop who was busy adjusting himself. Bayo please step forward and seat here.

Bayo did as he was told and approached with all calmness and humble reverence as if approaching the altar for communion.

Ken: do you know why you and your family were invited here today?

Bayo: yes sir, I do

Ken: enlighten us please

Bayo: we are here today to beg for forgiveness from my wife and her family over our actions. I am very sorry and promise it will never happen again

Ken: you can sit, but I have a series of questions for you. What moved you to batter her

Bayo: I was drunk, and I didn’t know what came over me

Ken: does that mean anytime you are drunk, you beat her up? (he looked around and heard satisfactory murmurs from all angles)

Bayo: no sir, it just happened. It’s the devil

Ken: does she have a boyfriend?

Bayo: NO!

Ken: so, who bought the gun in the house and why?

Bayo: I did and it’s for security reasons

Ken; was it right that she shot you?

Bayo: (the question came as a shock) at that time yes

Ken: then why did you arrest her

Bayo: I didn’t arrest her, my mother did (mother superior tried to hide her face, but everyone knew who she was)

Ken: do you know that young man? He said pointing towards Bishop

Bayo: yes, I do

Ken: what is his role in this saga?

Bayo: he helped rush me to the hospital

Ken: so literally, you owe him your life. That’s all. You can go back to your seat. I asked all these questions to get clarification as regards the news being circulated. and in everything we still find no reason that best explains his actions.

Bayo’s father pleaded that he be given the floor to say a few words. Uncle Ken permitted him

Bayo’s father: I am sorry that we have put your family through pain, grief and regret in the past week. There is no excuse that will justify my sons’ action. I have never laid my hands on his mother after about 42 years of marriage. It’s a shame to me when I heard everything from my daughter. I also want to apologize on behalf of my wife who ordered their arrest even after I objected but in her defense I will say she was only being a mother. My family and I have erred and all we want is your forgiveness and our wife so we can go and rebuild our family. Please accept our apology.

FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/fractured-bliss-5/
Re: The Fractured Bliss by Ann2012(f): 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
I'm so loving this
Well done OP

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Accidental Marriage / The Philosophy Of Orunmila Is Always Live And Let Live, By Pius Adesanmi / I Love To Write

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.