Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,783 members, 7,851,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:43 AM

173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi (1079 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by AloyEmeka5: 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2010
[size=14pt]173,000 members dump PDP for ACN in Ebonyi[/size]
News    Friday, November 12, 2010

By Peter Okutu

ABAKALIKI-No fewer than 173,000 Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, members in Ebonyi State yesterday defected to Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in their pursuit for better representation in the next general election.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/12/307.html

Vanguard gathered that the decampees who were drawn from various Wards and Local Government Areas of the State, were members of Adol-Awam-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party that had always clamoured for change as an inevitable apparatus that will bring a new panorama of progressive governance, true democracy and effective representation.

The leader of the group and pioneer member of PDP in the State, Dr. Sunday Adol-Awam ,stated that Action Congress of Nigeria was a better platform that would guarantee self-actualization for the people of the state, adding that the reason for their mass decampment was inherent in the fact that ACN had a good ideological policy and sustained determination to offer Nigerians good governance through responsible leadership and provision of basic amenities.

He said: " My group and I have chosen Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, as the platform that could guarantee self-actualization for our people.

"We believe in the policy of one man, one vote, because Ebonyi people must determine who govern them. ACN is the only option left for Ebonyi people to enjoy the wind of progressive governance.

"Because Nigerians are sick and tired of PDP, ACN presents the best alternative platform with clearly defined strategies for the socio-economic development of Nigeria. Ebonyi cannot be left out of this mass movement.”

"We refuse to be confined to poverty, marginalization, and oppression by big men without good conscience or feeling for the suffering masses."

Dr. Adolawam, who pointed out that the 2011 general election was going to be an eye opener in Ebonyi State as his new party will produce the next governor of the state, noted that ACN was ready to welcome intending members and true democrats who want the best for Ebonyi State.

"ACN will produce the next governor in 2011; we are prepared to make things happen so that our people can breathe in some fresh air of good governance and regain their voice against the oppressive and punitive regime now pulling the state back.

"We shall sweep the oppressive PDP government away from Government House, Abakaliki and elect patriotic legislators to speak for Ebonyi people without fear or favour

"We shall welcome every genuine democrat who wants the best for Ebonyi State. We assure intending members to the party that we shall not discriminate or exclude anybody. Our watch word remains internal democracy in the way party affairs are run," he emphasized.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by EzeUche0(m): 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2010
AC making inroads into Igboland?

God forbid! angry
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by AloyEmeka5: 11:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
How did the get the numbers?. Through Becomerich's satellite or what?. Is this a ploy to manufacture voters card and turn poverty ridden Ebonyi state into another Ekiti?
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by excanny: 12:53am On Nov 15, 2010
These same set of people will de-camp back to the PDP- the same 'evil' party they left.

People should be more concerned with getting the right people into office and not necessarily a getting a particular party into office.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by koruji(m): 1:46am On Nov 15, 2010
Do you care to explain

EzeUche0:

God forbid! angry
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by jason12345: 1:56am On Nov 15, 2010
EzeUche0:

God forbid! angry

why? is it because you deem it a yoruba party? why?
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by EzeUche0(m): 2:01am On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

why? is it because you deem it a yoruba party? why?

I rather see APGA in the East.

Do you deem it as a Yoruba Party, because I never said that?
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by jason12345: 2:07am On Nov 15, 2010
EzeUche0:

why APGA? What are their achievements?

no, i don't but because i know you dislike anything yoruba, i guessed you dislike it because you think its a yoruba party. my guess was wrong.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by abagoro(m): 2:11am On Nov 15, 2010
EzeUche0:

The truth is that ACN is the party that will save Nigerians.APGA cannot win any other State apart from Anambra.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by chyz(m): 2:12am On Nov 15, 2010
I dont understand why nigerian newspapers always over-exaggerate numbers.smh.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by Blazay(m): 2:30am On Nov 15, 2010
The plot thickens.
Typical Igbo people in action. grin

Love for sale. To the highest bidder.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by marocguy(m): 7:56am On Nov 15, 2010
And another tribalistic legend is born on nairaland. This time from the north. His name is "blazay".
Back to topic. Ebonyi is the most susceptible PDP state in SE. I wont be suprised if ACN,APGA or any serious party collect it from PDP,tho thru d courts. Elechi martins is a disaster,but the biggest problem is the submisive nature of ebonyians to political deceit,admist abject poverty,
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by excanny: 8:06am On Nov 15, 2010
^^^

The tribalistic legend is Urhobo. It seems he's trying to put his people on the world map. lolz
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by KnowAll(m): 9:09am On Nov 15, 2010
[size=14pt]Democracy is about having an alternative party ready to take over the reins of Goverment, if that alternative is ACN then let it be. After all,  if ACN wins in Ebonyin State, it is not Yorubas that would be elected to your councils, House of Assembly, Reps and Senate, it is Ebonyins.  undecided

It is against the principle of Democracy for everyone to be in the same party suffering and smiling.  APGA true is in Anambra State but can Obi spend the kind of money Tinubu is spending on spreading the gospel of ACN, has anyone noticed Fashola has not done anything new in Lagos in the last 18 months,  all lagos revenue is going to political mobilisation, and rightly so,  we are in the thick of politicking at this point in time.

Already one can see ACN warming up and putting up resitance in far flung places like Rivers State, Delta State and even the President's State of Bayelsa State. The earlier the whole Southern Protectorate of Nigeria get the message that there is an alternative party waiting in the wings,  if you don't like your Governor, Senator, Reps men the better for all asundry.

Personally I think Ebonyin state is moving with time, the earlier Abia, Imo, and Enugu State get the message the better it would be for those states too.

We must not forget that ACN gave OBI even with Ojukwu's support a run for his money in Anambra State[/size].  undecided 
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by naso2(m): 9:21am On Nov 15, 2010
173,000 members dump pdp for acn in eboyin alone? grin grin How many were they before and how many do we have left in pdp?grin grin. And why ACN? This is definitely a big big lie.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by KnowAll(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2010
And why ACN? This is definitely a big big lie.

You have to ask yourself DOES APGA have offices in every LG in Ebonyin state, and while you are that ask yourself if they have an office even in the state capital, yet they want to be the alternative party without sowing. You only reap what you sow Mr. undecided
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by naso2(m): 9:41am On Nov 15, 2010
^^^^^^^^
My saying it is a lie is really hinged on the number stated. 173,000? in eboyin alone? they are saying PDP has as much as 173,000 registered party members in eboyin? i repeat its a lie.

The ACN angle is only a supporting argument. ACN has awoist outlook and internal workings. You can be sure that on the face of that alone, the party will not appeal to the average Igbo man. If they have issues with PDP , then PPA, and APGA are more realistic alternatives.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by KnowAll(m): 9:57am On Nov 15, 2010
If they have issues with PDP , then PPA, and APGA are more realistic alternatives.

But PPA and APGA SHOULD PUT THEIR MONEY where there mouth is ? You don't win elections by having only one office in Akwa OR Owerri,  you spread your tentacles. Are you now telling me the 60,000 votes Ngige polled beating  Soludo of the PDP to the 3rd place were votes givien to Ngige by Yoruba brethrens in Anambra state and not Igbos like u, think b4 u write man  undecided
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by Blazay(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2010
marocguy:

And another tribalistic legend is born on nairaland. This time from the north. His name is "blazay".[/b]Back to topic. Ebonyi is the most susceptible PDP state in SE. I wont be suprised if ACN,APGA or any serious party collect it from PDP,tho thru d courts. Elechi martins is a disaster,but the biggest problem is the submisive nature of ebonyians to political deceit,admist abject poverty,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

About time.  wink

excanny:

^^^

[b]The tribalistic legend is Urhobo.
It seems he's trying to put his people on the world map. lolz

You can only keep guessing. I do not plan to meet any of you filthy swine from Nairaland or any other Nigerian fora for that matter.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2010
Acn should achieve what Zik couldn't achieve in yorubaland.take over iboland politics !
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by excanny: 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2010
^^^

lolz. You should be worried about the PDP not making a complete comeback in the SW.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2010
excanny:

^^^

lolz. You should be worried about the PDP not making a complete comeback in the SW.
Acn is talking over everywhere.trust me.
Re: 173,000 Members Dump PDP For ACN In Ebonyi by excanny: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Acn is talking over everywhere.trust me.

I dont see that happening anywhere in the North or in the East.

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Dora Akunyili's Worst Mistake: Working With A Dead Man! / Results So Far On The Presidential Election.. Updated.. Post More Updates Here / Election Live Coverage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.