Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos (47644 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Chyz2: 7:17am On Jul 22, 2012
[size=18pt]Ndigbo vow not to vote for ACN in Lagos[/size]

By: ONYEKACHI JET

Date: Sat, 07/21/2012 - 22:46

Ahead of 2015 general elections, the Igbo community in Lagos State has resolved to dump the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over alleged neglect by Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola and the party’s leadership in the state.

The former Secretary- General of Igbo community in Lagos, Matthew Ogbonnia Idam told Sunday Sun that Igbo people have been suffering in silence since the administration of Ahmed Tinubu till date. According to Idam who is also the acting Secretary -General, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Igbo community in the state, the ruling party has always regarded the Igbo as electoral materials that are only needed during elections and dumped at the conclusion of elections.

Buttressing his argument, the chief scribe pointed out that former governor of Lagos State, Ahmed Tinubu cleverly appointed Mr Ben Akabueze as Commissioner two months to the end of his second tenure, to woo the Igbo in the state to vote for Fashola in the 2007 gubernatorial elections.

He said that this time around, “ Igbo people in the state are poised to vote for a party that will be ready to carry them along in all political activities and governance of the state to reflect one Nigeria and the true democracy we are clamouring for.”

He said that since Fashola came on board as the governor of the state, there has been no, “form of appreciation for the Igbo community in Lagos that worked and voted him to power.” Share this

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/article/ndigbo-vow-not-vote-acn-lagos
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 22, 2012
Oh no!!

There goes 90% of Lagosian voters. sad

Yorubas, over to you!! Make your 10% votes count.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 22, 2012
I wish they can tell Kano state govt the same thing!

18 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by wesley80(m): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2012
How did he fail to "carry Ndigbo along"? By not building dedicated BRT lanes for Ndigbo? All these kind of talk only serve to subject the so called "Ndigbo" to ridicule IMO.

32 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by asha80(m): 7:43am On Jul 22, 2012
rubbish talk.stupid article
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by warlei(m): 7:44am On Jul 22, 2012
Igbos neva cease to amaze,afta all d business they claim they control they want political appointments,and they kip accusing notherners of expansionist agenda,sorry 2 say dis am nt a tribalist,but d yorubas are 2 accomading 4 dis 2 happen.

27 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Chanchit: 7:59am On Jul 22, 2012
Choi, after hand shake na hugging remain...!? U see toto, u still dey find hair... Go and ask for same thing frm the northerners nau... Later u would demand for the governors seat, then declear Biafra state on lagos

13 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Biggoozz: 8:10am On Jul 22, 2012
I am Igbo, Fashola is a good governor, his leadership has affected me well, no sentiments. It is too stupid and emotional to ask for a leadership that may include our kinsman and be totally irresponsible. Let us vote people for their antecedents and manifesto not political parties. Let's grow up!

38 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ifeci: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2012
Very misleading, who are the so called Ndigbo group and where do they converge? one man just comes out and makes one s.tu.p.id comment like he is going to force peoples hand to vote his choice! abeg make the mathew ogbonna or wot ever his damn name is, go & siddon, he seeking his personal attention while trying to use the influence of the people. How has his own leadership in the Igbo community affected the lives of Igbo's in Lagos? He is just another PDP instrument!

10 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Remii(m): 8:34am On Jul 22, 2012
Ndigbo is about to know that they are minority in Lagos

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ifihearam: 8:35am On Jul 22, 2012
This igbo people are very unserious,how does their vote affect the polls in lagos Charity begins at home go to your homes and decided who to or not to vote for. Mtcheew

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by playcharles(m): 8:36am On Jul 22, 2012
Tell that man say him dey sick, hoW many igbo dey lagos, hw many igbo vote fashola in, make him go maiduguri go talk that one

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by member479760: 8:38am On Jul 22, 2012
as usual!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ShehuAba(m): 8:38am On Jul 22, 2012
Surprises everyday. As far as am concerned dis is a baseless arguement. Is it when the governor appoints igbos in his cabinet that he's regarded as been performing. Igbos we all knw what's happening in dis country. How many Yorubas or Hausas av been politicaly appointed in the South east states. 4get this trash and encourage d governor to develop the state rather than scoring cheap political points

7 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Patwitme(m): 8:40am On Jul 22, 2012
Ndigbo pple ar vry vry rite,l no fashola wil respond speedly to dem now because der ar d engin house of dat his site.NDIGBO ARE BLESS. IGBO KWUNE

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by whealthy(m): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2012
Tinubu even tried oo! He appointed one as commissioner! How many yoruba dey peter obi, okorocha, orji kalu or apkabio cabinet?
No be dia fault, make dem go Jos go form that crap. Rubbish!

14 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:45am On Jul 22, 2012
Igbo People again

What kind of development do you need except

1, Enabling environment to do your business
2, Good Security to make sure your money and properties are save
3, Stable light to make sure you get full relax when you come back home

Well FYI you Igbo can never turn Lagos to one of those BEDRIDDEN/STAGNANT STATE of yours.

If you think political post will make your life better in lagos then i will advise you to stop building castle in the air.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by PointB: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2012
In the end politics is about pressure, arm-twisting, and the numbers. What ever strategy an individual, group of individual or ethnic group chooses to deploy within the context of the law during electioneering is acceptable. The onus now lies with the AC.N to either to show this group what they have done and convince them of what they intend to do for them in future. The AC.N can however call their bluff if they think they cannot match words with action; or if they believe the electoral strength of a united Ndigbo is inconsequential in Lagos. There are many who will forgo their personal choice and go for group interest. This is politics, not terrorism!

Attacking them will only attract sympathy from others and harden their position. PDP, APGA and Labour Party are other parties who may take advantage of the emerging scenario. Personally, I like to see what APGA or PDP can offer the good people of Lagos. If anything, I am sure they will seal the Tinubu conduit pipes!

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by obxddon(m): 8:47am On Jul 22, 2012
I keep begging people on here not to smoke before they post anything.....Wet weed is bad for your brain..
The man in question is not speaking for the igbo people in Lagos,how many igbo people belong to his so-called organization in Lagos and some people should stop generalizing wen some one from a section of the country says anything,Don't use it to generalize and insult other people from that tribe because they said something.

I have met a lot of Yoruba people that are backstabbers and snitch,some that are dirty,some that are cowards....Dat does not mean that is how the rest Yoruba people are,..I have met Ibo men that can kill for money,sell their daughter during marraige and also enjoy kidnap business but not all the ibos do that,.......I have met warri and Binnin people who have no other jobs but 419 and are very fetish in nature yet that are hundreds of people from that area that are Godly and very nice.......

Once again people who write rubbish and try to tribalize and generalize..please stop smoking wet weed before you comment on topics on this site.

40 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by naptu2: 8:47am On Jul 22, 2012
What gives Matthew Ogbonnia Idam the right to speak for all Igbo people in Lagos?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by stillme(m): 8:48am On Jul 22, 2012
Sometimes I hate to comment on nairaland I prefer to just read because of unreasonable comments. Why quick to condemned Igbo? This is only one man speaking for himself not for every Igbo in Lagos. Stop speaking against them because of one man selfishness and stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by PointB: 8:48am On Jul 22, 2012
Those talking about tolerance of Yorubas don't have an iota of idea of what a nation is. In a nations no one talk about tolerating another member of the nation. It's all enshrined in the constitution. It is not a privilege. Beside, I don't here anyone talk about tolerating Yoruba or Hausa for that matter in the SE and SS where they are in their numbers. In anycase intolerance can led to disintegration of the country. Unless that's what most want, in which case we should go it or tolerate the others ambition within the gambit of the laws of the land.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by sheyguy: 8:55am On Jul 22, 2012
The same set of Igbo pple who culdn't unite against their common enemy in the east are claiming one igbo in Lagos. Lagosians have been too accomodating to these folks.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by amosy007: 8:56am On Jul 22, 2012
First will be many political appointments, next will be to rule the state.. Buh when that doesnt happen, the yorubas and d midwesterners will become betrayers and backstabbers.. Gosh

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:57am On Jul 22, 2012
whealthy: Tinubu even tried oo! He appointed one as commissioner! How many yoruba dey peter obi, okorocha, orji kalu or apkabio cabinet?
No be dia fault, make dem go Jos go form that crap. Rubbish!

I wonder oooo.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by PointB: 9:01am On Jul 22, 2012
In any case Matthew Ogbonnia Idam speaks for me, and perhaps a lot of Igbos.

Watching Tinubu pockets all those billions of Naira every month with Fashola standing arms akimbo and deaf mute is nauseating. About time this ungodly thieving empire being built by Tinubu is crumbled.

And yes, Igbo people (as well as other ethnic groups, including Yoruba) are suffering in Lagos with this massive looting going on. Fashola is working, Lagos is flooding, Tinubu is chopping, people are suffering. If it takes an Igboman by the name Matthew Ogbonnia Idam, to bring it all to the fore, so be it.

APGA and PDP have delivered in states like Imo, Akwa Ibom and Enugu, I am sure they will deliver in Lagos State, especially from the gang of thieves who currently hold sway over its treasury. Time for change will come in 2015, non indigenes will dump AC.N if Yoruba fails to see reasons. Lagos, nay, Nigeria is for all of us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by sambos994(m): 9:03am On Jul 22, 2012
People don't be fooled, I'm igbo and I think Fashola is doing an excellent job. Don't listen to the couple of drunks that call themselves the representative for the igbo community in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by amosy007: 9:03am On Jul 22, 2012
PointB: Those talking about tolerance of Yorubas don't have an iota of idea of what a nation is. In a nations no one talk about tolerating another member of the nation. It's all enshrined in the constitution. It is not a privilege. Beside, I don't here anyone talk about tolerating Yoruba or Hausa for that matter in the SE and SS where they are in their numbers. In anycase intolerance can led to disintegration of the country. Unless that's what most want, in which case we should go it or tolerate the others ambition within the gambit of the laws of the land.
go and talk abt tolerance in places like kano and maidiguri.. Ask them to form igbo community and wants political appointment there.. Bros wake up! Nigeria is to divided to be called a country. D earlier u understand dat the better 4 u to knw ur position.. BTW talking of intollerance, aint orji kalu d one that sacked all non indegene working in abia grin *JUST SAYING*

10 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Sealeddeal(m): 9:06am On Jul 22, 2012
This statement is made for political gain and should not be attacked by other people in another fashion than political fashion.Igbo people has a big stake in lagos.it didnt start today and they constitute up to 40percent of eligible voters in lagos.so a statement like this need govt to meet with the people and hear from them .that is if what this man said is true and its anything to go by.2015 is still far and let me tell u,if igbo people go against ACN,ACN will surely fail there.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by mu2sa2: 9:06am On Jul 22, 2012
The man is only telling the world that he is now in PDP and campaigning for the party. As a typical naija man he has to tribalize it. Simple.

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by sheyguy: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2012
obxddon: I keep begging people on here not to smoke before they post anything.....Wet weed is bad for your brain..
The man in question is not speaking for the igbo people in Lagos,how many igbo people belong to his so-called organization in Lagos and some people should stop generalizing wen some one from a section of the country says anything,Don't use it to generalize and insult other people from that tribe because they said something.

I have met a lot of Yoruba people that are backstabbers and snitch,some that are dirty,some that are cowards....Dat does not mean that is how the rest Yoruba people are,..I have met Ibo men that can kill for money,sell their daughter during marraige and also enjoy kidnap business but not all the ibos do that,.......I have met warri and Binnin people who have no other jobs but 419 and are very fetish in nature yet that are hundreds of people from that area that are Godly and very nice.......

Once again people who write rubbish and try to tribalize and generalize..please stop smoking wet weed before you comment on topics on this site.
Oga wet weed, Igbo cönstitute 90% of lagos population, if only half of those shld pitch their tent with this group in question, do u know what it would translate to?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by swagrr01: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2012
I cant b'live these ndigbo or wareva..so dey want ndigbo to b writn on evry brt nd oda gvrment facilities in lag.if dey want 2 claim stupid rites dey shld jst go bk to dere vilages.smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Shiite NASS Protest: It Was Not Local Gun But AK 47, Says Injured Policeman / Buhari To Make Nationwide Broadcast Tonight At 7pm / To Your Tents O South East? - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.