Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? (25359 Views)

FG Unveils Plans To Launch A New National Identity Card With Special Features / Is The Improved National Identity Card Slip Acceptable For Verifications? / Isa Pantami: Nigeria To Replace National Identity Card With Digital Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by emeijeh(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
mdchikezie:

story for the gods

Drop your number make we take do test transmission. cheesy
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by emeijeh(m): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
IdeeEsperanza:

Maybe it's 6 years then. I've a year left
How then do u explain mine that was done in 2012, but not yet out?
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Moor1234: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hi
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Legendguru: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
Bereaucracy red Tapism slow decision making
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
kayroc:
Rumour has it that it is because NIMC is very busy handing out IF card to Northerners and Hausas from Niger Republic. They then use the national ID card to get voters card which will be vital for elections.

Same thing happens with passport. In the south there is never any paper and people wait for months to get passport. But in Sokoto passport is printed out in 4-5 hours.

Your speculation is wrong. The northerner enjoys quick process because they are not as greedy as you Southerners.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by tobafy(m): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
I applied since 2014 and up till now nothing. They should just sell off this country. The problem is who is willing to buy.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by cookingsoul(m): 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
kayroc:
Rumour has it that it is because NIMC is very busy handing out IF card to Northerners and Hausas from Niger Republic. They then use the national ID card to get voters card which will be vital for elections.

Same thing happens with passport. In the south there is never any paper and people wait for months to get passport. But in Sokoto passport is printed out in 4-5 hours.
clap 4 urself u sir r an idiot
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Calito1(m): 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
[quote author=Realdeals post=83758382]6 years, I collected mine April 2019, I registered August 2013.

I was suprised when I got the SMS[When will your ID expire? ]
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by asas(f): 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
NIMC has said and still saying the focus is the National Identification Number and it is your identity, the NIN slip is a valid means of identification..........The Nigerian Factor when Nigerians felt it wasn't needed for anything nobody bothered now that the National Identification Number has been made mandatory thats when everybody is rushing to register. Nimc is also under funded hence why they decided to focus on the National Identification Number.............
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by bejeria101(m): 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2019
They are plain incompetent. It took two years after my registration to get my card. What I saw in the office in Abuja shocked me,my people there were over two million cards that they hadn't called the owner to come collect if you go to the office na activity dem go dey form.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by badrudeen14: 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Since 2014 now no plastic card! Bt they keep telling us visit www.nimc.gov.ng to check if ur card is ready for pickup bt still dat link shows blank
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by IMASTEX: 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I applied for mine since 2015, this is 2019. Four years later and was told it'll be out in January of 2020 which I still doubt. Nigeria is a useless country! grin
Even uselessness is been embarrassed to qualify "Nigeria"
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by mdchikezie(m): 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
emeijeh:

DROP YOUR NUMBER ON WHATSAPP LET ME SEND THROUGH meanwhile this is my number on whatsapp +221777125846
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by onegig(m): 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
CeterisXVII:

The ID Number is printed on a strip of paper, that can easily get lost or torn or mutilated. Everyone knows plastic cards are far more durable than paper slips.

Secondly, the National ID Card is required as a means of identification in many places.

You cannot retrieve your SIM Card after your phone gets stolen or missing, without a valid govt issued identity card.

If you don't have a driver's license, probably because you cannot drive, the next form of ID requested from you, is the National ID Card.

Even to renew your driver's license, you will be asked for another means of identification. The National ID Card is often preferred.

You cannot even open a bank account, without a valid govt issued ID Card, like the National ID Card. The only other form of ID they will take is the driver's license or international passport.

Same thing is needed if you want to register a company name or a business name with Corporate Affairs Commission.

So what are you saying about the National ID Card not being needed??!

Can you kindly read what you quoted? Who told you i don't know that cards are more durable than paper?

The NIN is the most important part of this process.

The government has not appropriated funds in recent years for the print out of the cards so the officials are just registering and giving you the slip to hold on to but even the slip is even much more useful in the current scheme of things as your card does not carry your National Identity Number and would require a card reader to extrac( which most government organization eg. FIRS etc or private agencies like Banks don't even have except you go the extra mile by visiting an Immigration service office for them to help you read such information but this key information is available on your current slip.

You can scan, digitally store and reprint your slip. I have had colleagues who required the Identity Number for use but were not able to access it because they already have the cards which has to be DIGITALLY accessed before you can get the NIN.

So please read carefully before responding next time.

The basic fact is the current slip is more than sufficient for whatever purpose you want to use it for.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Lifewithme: 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
emeijeh:

Why you come dey blur your details?
You dey fear?
Blur details, come leave phone number for siggy, forgetting that details like BVN can be gotten from your phone number.

If you know, you know.

Apparently, you don't know people have business lines shey?
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by Modivs: 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
kayroc:

may God destroy people like you who are promoting tribalism and racism
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by mdchikezie(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2019
emeijeh:

I AINT SEEN YOUR MESSAGE YET. grin grin grin grin I KNEW IT IS ALL STORY
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by emeijeh(m): 8:08am On Nov 06, 2019
mdchikezie:

I AINT SEEN YOUR MESSAGE YET. grin grin grin grin I KNEW IT IS ALL STORY

I am busy in the office .
Give me sometime.
I will write you later
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by mdchikezie(m): 10:03am On Nov 06, 2019
emeijeh:

I am busy in the office .
Give me sometime.
I will write you later
lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
story for the gods the gods ooohhh (in olamide's voice) cool cool cool cool

the only way you can get it is if you work in a bank. apart from that bro, its all bullcrap.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by abbasajao(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2019
I did mine in 2013 and got the card 2018
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by emeijeh(m): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2019
mdchikezie:

the only way you can get it is if you work in a bank. apart from that bro, its all bullcrap.

I am chatting you, right away on WhatsApp.
Hope you are online ?
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by emeijeh(m): 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
mdchikezie:

Sergio how are you?

22310***795
Is that your bvn?

OtemAtum:
How do you get BVN from a phone number that you don't have access to?
Believe now?
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by mdchikezie(m): 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
emeijeh:

Sergio how are you?

22310***795
Is that your bvn?

Believe now?
Frfr cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by OtemAtum: 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
emeijeh:

Sergio how are you?

22310***795
Is that your bvn?

Believe now?

I'm waiting for Sergio to reply if that's his BVN or not.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by emeijeh(m): 5:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
OtemAtum:

I'm waiting for Sergio to reply if that's his BVN or not.
His response is directly above yours.
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by OtemAtum: 8:24am On Nov 09, 2019
emeijeh:

His response is directly above yours.

Ok
Re: Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
emeijeh:

How then do u explain mine that was done in 2012, but not yet out?
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guber Election: Peter Obi And His Wife Cast Their Vote (photos) / Osemwegie-Ero: Many Innocent Nigerians Languishing In Torino Prison / Dasuki Released, Re-arrested Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.